[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
zompist bboard • View topic - CCC Land Grab

zompist bboard

THIS IS AN ARCHIVE ONLY - see Ephemera
It is currently Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: CCC Land Grab
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:29 am 
Avisaru
Avisaru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:32 am 
Smeric
Smeric

Location: tʰæ.ɹʷˠə.ˈgɜʉ̯.nɜ kʰæ.tə.ˈlɜʉ̯.nʲɜ spɛ̝ɪ̯n ˈjʏː.ɹəʔp

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:38 am 
Avisaru
Avisaru

Adúljôžal ônal kol ví éža únah kex yaxlr gmlĥ hôga jô ônal kru ansu frú.
Ansu frú ônal savel zaš gmlĥ a vek Adúljôžal vé jaga čaþ kex.
Ônal zeh. Ônal zeh. Ônal zeh. Ônal zeh. Ônal zeh. Ônal zeh. Ônal zeh.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:41 am 
Sanci
Sanci

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:20 pm 
Lebom
Lebom

(V, -8)

Species undecided

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:50 pm 
Smeric
Smeric

If we are mixing species, I'd like monkees living alongside my amphibimorphs. I like the idea of monkees up in the trees and amphibimorphs down on the ground, with a symbiotic society.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:54 pm 
Lebom
Lebom

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:14 pm 
Avisaru
Avisaru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:51 pm 
Smeric
Smeric

I like this idea that the dragons once had a vast civilisation. 'twould explain how they ended up in the far north and south.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:10 pm 
Boardlord
Boardlord

Here's a new map with the latest land grabs. I also decreased the transparency so colors are more apparent. (If you specified multiple species, that's OK, but I only listed the first species you mentioned.)

Attachments:
CCC-land-grab-3.png
CCC-land-grab-3.png [ 98.15 KiB | Viewed 4695 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:38 pm 
Avisaru
Avisaru

you mind I use the map for a video-game I'm making?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:03 pm 
Boardlord
Boardlord

I think the species chosen so far respect the dominant species well enough, so I think there's no need to make adjustments there.

You can start . But land grabbing is still open (even if you don't yet create a culture).

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:06 am 
Smeric
Smeric

In which case, I may push my southern dragons up the archipelago.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:45 am 
Avisaru
Avisaru

I'll expand my nightpeople civilisation to the south. The mountains divide my island into three plains, so I though that the northeastern and southeastern plains could be inhabited by nightpeople while the golems have the entire western plain.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:45 am 
Lebom
Lebom

You know, I was looking at the map with the colour coding for the squares we chose, and I momentarily thought you mismarked one of the ones I wanted, but when I double checked my original post, I realized I put down the wrong square. I meant to select b3r, not b1r. Sorry.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:44 pm 
Avisaru
Avisaru

That northeastern continent looks a little bare. I'll take one of V6, V7 or V8 for the Munkees, as they can live in cold conditions, and I want a maritime culture for them. I'll also take U3 for combined humans / Munkees.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:02 pm 
Smeric
Smeric

I'll take Jr5 for humans and golems. nice desert.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:06 pm 
Avisaru
Avisaru

I would like F -3, and F -4, with orcs. (just F -3 if it's rude to take two squares at once)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:32 am 
Smeric
Smeric

W10. Golems and dragons.

I couldn't help myself, the idea just struck me as interesting. Something more dystopian than monkee-amphibimorph symbiosis.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:45 am 
Sanno
Sanno

If it was dragons who moved people around the planet, that might suggest that it was dragons who also created golems, as, essentially, replacement humans(/other). Maybe the golems got out of hand?

But the river tripped on her by and by, lapping
as though her heart was brook: Why, why, why! Weh, O weh
I'se so silly to be flowing but I no canna stay!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:52 am 
Smeric
Smeric

Oh yes, they will get out of hand. :evil:

Edit: I've been working on the golem-dragon culture. It's disturbing, it was too much for me and I couldn't help adding some little ray of light at the end. Soulless golems give me the shivers.

Also, I suggest naming the continents. I've already used the continent creators' names for the two continents I'm on: Torcopea and Salmonica.

Last edited by ol bofosh on Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:23 pm 
Lebom
Lebom

Ooh, this looks like fun. I'll grab Jr-3 for a group of humans.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:42 am 
Smeric
Smeric

It looks like humans originated in Lyra's continent, and I imagine that my culture migrated across Lyra's northern island and down onto Torco's continent. I'm thinking there should be a trail of humans along that route, so I think it might be good to have a culture of humans in P5. I might develop them myself or someone else could do it, but I think there should be some human culture in that area anyway. Someone for my culture to interact with in the north.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:58 pm 
Smeric
Smeric

Yeah, I've been having trouble coming up with even a partially golem culture. On the one hand they have no material needs... they just *are*, need a couple pebbles a week or something to be alive, and from what I gather don't experience cold or disease or whatnot. But then again, they're canonically not "spiritual" or "religious" and have a "materialistic" bent to them. But why are they materialistic? are they just possessed of an pre-rational instinct to accrue more and more stuff ? what do they *do* with that stuff? hang it on their body and display their wealth to others? I feel as if they wouldn't have any motivation! they don't want to become richer, so they have no economic motivation... and they have no spirituality, so they don't have ideological or religious motivations either. They're pretty fucking alien, come to think of it. Now I wish I had voted for sexies xDDDD

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:18 pm 
Avisaru
Avisaru

If I manufactured a golem, I would give it a job to do. So maybe some golems have an internal imperative to build ziggurats or something. But any good designer knows that the more specific the instruction the more inevitably it will fail in a hilarious way. So maybe some golems have more vague instructions, like "make things," similar to a human drive to be creative or productive. Some golems might be dedicated artists, without their makers even intending it. There are more possibilities for achievement in a society without needs, not less.

Also, you should feel bad about the Sexies. They would have been a proud race.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next