CCC cultures - By Fri 2/28 - done, go vote!

Substantial postings about constructed languages and constructed worlds in general. Good place to mention your own or evaluate someone else's. Put quick questions in C&C Quickies instead.
CatDoom
Avisaru
Avisaru

Re: CCC cultures - BY TODAY 2/28

Post by CatDoom »

Most carnivores eat a certain amount of non-animal food, some of which is usually in the form of the stomach contents of their prey. There are hypercarnivores who eat close to 100% meat, like most cats, but wolves, for example, have been known to raid melon patches in the summer. Coyotes, foxes, and skunks are generally considered carnivores, but only about 50–70% of their diet typically consists of meat.

احمکي ارش-ھجن
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by احمکي ارش-ھجن »

CatDoom wrote:Most carnivores eat a certain amount of non-animal food, some of which is usually in the form of the stomach contents of their prey. There are hypercarnivores who eat close to 100% meat, like most cats, but wolves, for example, have been known to raid melon patches in the summer. Coyotes, foxes, and skunks are generally considered carnivores, but only about 50–70% of their diet typically consists of meat.
Also consider that they leave nothing to waste, they eat every part of the animal without trace, even the bones (the ones that don't splitner easy and cause throat damage).

I see not many predator do this and leave carcasses that the scavengers eat.
ʾAšol ḵavad pulqam ʾifbižen lav ʾifšimeḻ lit maseḡrad lav lit n͛ubad. ʾUpulasim ṗal sa-panžun lav sa-ḥadṇ lav ṗal šarmaḵeš lit ʾaẏṭ waẏyadanun wižqanam.
- Article 1 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

CatDoom
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by CatDoom »

Hyenas'll eat every part of a carcass if they get the chance, right down to chewing up the bones into powder. Drives archaeologists and paleontologists nuts in Africa, since they'll eat ancient bones if they run across them, too.

Hydroeccentricity
Avisaru
Avisaru

Re: CCC cultures - By Fri 2/28

Post by Hydroeccentricity »

CatDoom wrote:Neat! You kind of have to respect a culture that uses the title "Mud King" without an ounce of disrespect or sarcasm. :P
Mud is the fundamental substance in the Ggazzei worldview. And it's valuable farm land. Mud is awesome.
"I'm sorry, when you have all As in every class in every semester, it's not easy to treat the idea that your views are fundamentally incoherent as a serious proposition."

ol bofosh
Smeric
Smeric
Location: tʰæ.ɹʷˠə.ˈgɜʉ̯.nɜ kʰæ.tə.ˈlɜʉ̯.nʲɜ spɛ̝ɪ̯n ˈjʏː.ɹəʔp

Re: CCC cultures - By Fri 2/28

Post by ol bofosh »

And I've put an apex predator in the desert too. Next time I do something like that, I'll make them desperate bone-munchers, like CatDoom said.
Hydroeccentricity wrote:
CatDoom wrote:Neat! You kind of have to respect a culture that uses the title "Mud King" without an ounce of disrespect or sarcasm. :P
Mud is the fundamental substance in the Ggazzei worldview. And it's valuable farm land. Mud is awesome.
You could create a language with lots of words for mud!
It was about time I changed this.