Re: Zebia

Substantial postings about constructed languages and constructed worlds in general. Good place to mention your own or evaluate someone else's. Put quick questions in C&C Quickies instead.
2+3 clusivity
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by 2+3 clusivity »

I saw on FrathWiki that some folks on the ZBB had started a project called Zebia -- a start at an Akana-type project.

Is anyone still here who worked on that? Is any work actively being done?
linguoboy wrote:So that's what it looks like when the master satirist is moistened by his own moutarde.

Cedh
Sanno
Sanno

Post by Cedh »

Zebia was actively worked on back in 2007, and afaik hasn't been worked on since. I don't even remember who else participated in the world apart from myself, Corumayas, gsandi, WeepingElf, and Tmeister, although I do remember that there were also a few other people in the original group. The original discussion thread was pruned a long time ago, so what's on FrathWiki is basically all the information that exists. I still have the project files of my Trita maps (physical & climate) somewhere though, and Corumayas might have kept some additional information too.

The idea was to create a collaborative conworld from the ground up, starting with an outline of geology and biology and a scenario for the spread of humans over the planet. Later stages were intended to add cultures and languages, but we never got there. If you're interested in continuing the project, or using Zebia as a setting for your own concultures and conlangs, you're welcome to take it over. If you have any specific questions, I can try to answer them...

roninbodhisattva
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by roninbodhisattva »

This looks very neat!

Porphyrogenitos
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Porphyrogenitos »

Oh my goodness, I was a participant in Zebia. That was back in...wow, eighth grade for me. I used the username "Xocotl" back then. I seriously knew barely anything about linguistics back then. But since that time I've become better at conlanging and could probably do a better job at creating a conworld/concountry.

I had been assigned/chose the northeasternmost extension of the continent Trita and its neighboring island, as well as a tundra/boreal forest region in the western half of Protera. If there ever are more people who want to work on it again, then, well...I might be interested.