Absurdist conculturing

Substantial postings about constructed languages and constructed worlds in general. Good place to mention your own or evaluate someone else's. Put quick questions in C&C Quickies instead.
TriceraTiger
Niš
Niš

Absurdist conculturing

Post by TriceraTiger »

I guess now's a good a time as ever to bring up one of my current (albeit now kinda on hiatus) conlanging projects: I'm making it by taking The Myth of Sisyphus by Albert Camus and translating it line by line, coining new lexemes as I go along; its current working name is Camusian. A friend of mine said that there's ample opportunity for conculturing here: maybe its speakers are big fans of absurdist philosophy? How would such an idea work out? What do all of you think? Really, what I'm more interested in is what absurdism as a cultural belief system would look like. Would the Camusians (before I come up with a better name for them) build absurdist temples? What would these temples look like? What would absurdist temple services be like?

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Re: Absurdist conculturing

Post by Torco »

the idea of an absurdist temple strikes me as absurd

Daistallia
Lebom
Lebom

Re: Absurdist conculturing

Post by Daistallia »

I expect it'd be a lot like Discordianism (Hail Eris!) or the Church of the Subgenius (In Bob Dobbs we trust!).