Development help

Substantial postings about constructed languages and constructed worlds in general. Good place to mention your own or evaluate someone else's. Put quick questions in C&C Quickies instead.
Drahaus
Niš
Niš

Development help

Post by Drahaus »

Hello All!
A few months ago a friend and I began developing a bit of a mythos for a project we were working on. As you can probably imagine, the conversation eventually turned to language and alphabet; and that's where I discovered the world of conlang. As facinating and engaging as it is though, I poses neither the knowledge nor the time needed to develop this language as l would like. So, I'm turning to you fine folks to see if any of you would be willing to help at all. What I'm looking for is someone who can help me take my (vague) language idea and develop it into a more formal language, complete with a waiting system and lexicon.

l'm not sure if it helps at all, but here are a few thoughts that I've had so far with respect to the language:
1) This is a more "common" or shared tongue among a group of magical peoples collectively referred to as "Fein".
2) In terms of ''feel"or evocation, the Fein language has a somewhat spooky or haunting feel about it.
3) With respect to sound, the Fein language (in my mind) sounds similar to a mash of Welsh, Scottish Gaelic, and Parseltongue.

I understand that this is a vague description, and I apologise for that. However, with my inexperience, I'm just not sure what else to put. Please feel free to ask me any questions if your interested.

Thank you.

Vardelm
Avisaru
Avisaru

Re: Development help

Post by Vardelm »

Tibetan Dwarvish - My own ergative "dwarf-lang"

Quasi-Khuzdul - An expansion of J.R.R. Tolkien's Dwarvish language from The Lord of the Rings