The glebst of Gleb

Substantial postings about constructed languages and constructed worlds in general. Good place to mention your own or evaluate someone else's. Put quick questions in C&C Quickies instead.
Pole, the
Smeric
Smeric

Re: The glebst of Gleb

Post by Pole, the »

Chagen wrote:"Rare cross-linguistically" does not mean "non-existent". I'm certain that if you took every known language in the world, the ones which allow initial /wC jC/ clusters will constitute a smaller amount than the ones which don't.
I just wonder, what about initial /sC/ clusters? How many are there non-IE langs that permit them?
The conlanger formerly known as “the conlanger formerly known as Pole, the”.

If we don't study the mistakes of the future we're doomed to repeat them for the first time.

Aili Meilani
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Aili Meilani »

Chagen wrote:Much like how the fact that English is the third most spoken language in the world does not change the fact that non-silibant dental fricatives are uncommon cross-linguistically.
Exactly, so why did you bring the number of speakers up?

Chagen
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Chagen »

That was about something completely different: the weird-attitude that some people have around here that calling a language "strange" or "weird" is Literally Worse Than HitlerTM and you're some retarded noob who still judges everything compared to English.

It's okay to say a language has strange elements cross-lingustically, people. I mean, this is literally what happened:

Me: Hey, Gleb gave me a language with these weird /wC jC clusters/
Nort: These two languages have them
Bird: They must be kinda weird--
Pole: lol fucking noobs, I bet those guys think English is weird 'cause it doesn't have those clusters, which obviously means that the idea of certain features being rare and thus "unusual/weird" cross-linguistically DOES NOT EXIST QED

Look at that non sequitur!
Nūdhrēmnāva naraśva, dṛk śraṣrāsit nūdhrēmanīṣṣ iźdatīyyīm woḥīm madhēyyaṣṣi.
satisfaction-DEF.SG-LOC live.PERFECTIVE-1P.INCL but work-DEF.SG-PRIV satisfaction-DEF.PL.NOM weakeness-DEF.PL-DAT only lead-FUT-3P

Birdlang
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Birdlang »

I know Polish has w plus consonant clusters and Czech has jsem. And w in Polish is written as Ł, Which I know because I know the alphabet and a few phrases.
Last edited by Birdlang on Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hello there. Chirp chirp chirp.

ObsequiousNewt
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by ObsequiousNewt »

Chagen wrote:That was about something completely different: the weird-attitude that some people have around here that calling a language "strange" or "weird" is Literally Worse Than HitlerTM and you're some retarded noob who still judges everything compared to English.

It's okay to say a language has strange elements cross-lingustically, people. I mean, this is literally what happened:

Me: Hey, Gleb gave me a language with these weird /wC jC clusters/
Nort: These two languages have them
Bird: They must be kinda weird--
Pole: lol fucking noobs, I bet those guys think English is weird 'cause it doesn't have those clusters, which obviously means that the idea of certain features being rare and thus "unusual/weird" cross-linguistically DOES NOT EXIST QED

Look at that non sequitur!
Sorry, who's blowing responses out of proportion now?

Ο ορανς τα ανα̨ριθομον ϝερρον εͱεν ανθροποτροφον.
Το̨ ανθροπς αυ̨τ εκψον επ αθο̨ οραναμο̨ϝον.
Θαιν. Θαιν. Θαιν. Θαιν. Θαιν. Θαιν. Θαιν.

Pogostick Man
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Pogostick Man »

Chagen wrote:I have no idea how you're supposed to pronounce stuff like /wpo jla tejwt/. I have to put a tiny schwa in the middle.
With allophony. [fpo ʝla tejft] or [upo ila tejft].

Seed 1199240537 gives the following vowel inventory: /o ɔ ɔ̃ a ã i/.

Seed 1199437466 has a pretty not-unusual phoneme inventory, but the phonotactics are another matter:

(C1)(R1)V(R2)(C2)(C3)(C4)

C1: a consonant

R1: an approximant; i.e. one of /l w/

V: a vowel

R2: a sonorant; i.e. one of /m n ŋ l w/

C2: a consonant

C3: an alveolar consonant; i.e. one of /n ⁿtʰ ⁿd tʰ t s l/

C4: a consonant other than one of /p t k/ (/p t k/)
(Avatar via Happy Wheels Wiki)
Index Diachronica PDF v.10.2
Conworld megathread

AVDIO · VIDEO · DISCO

Nortaneous
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Nortaneous »

Chagen wrote:cross-linguistically /wC jC/ clusters are rare, and admitting that fact isn't some mortal sin.
cross-linguistically bunched r and a vowel system with [the standard says eleven, I don't think there's any meaningful way to distinguish /ai au oi/ from the other ones so that makes at least fourteen, there's a decent argument to be made that /ar er or ir/ are diphthongs (but not /Vr/ afaik), and some dialects arguably have distinct /Vi/ and /@u/ as opposed to /ai o/, so maybe twenty] vowels are rare. DAE english?????

anyway, the point is that 'rare' doesn't mean 'unattested', and it is certainly possible to have #jC #wC clusters.

japhug rgyalrong frequently has vowel-final... not sure what they are, particles of some sort... before nouns, so /jla/ is often preceded by [t7] or [k7] or w/e it is. hiw wC clusters, well, hiw /w/ is actually /G_w/ on a theoretical level.

iirc czech #jC clusters drop the /j/ except before a vowel, maybe always.

also initial fricative-stop clusters aren't *that* uncommon.

as for gleb phonotactics, i once had one where initial clusters were any consonant followed by one of /g r/. which isn't that bad an idea, i might do that
Siöö jandeng raiglin zåbei tandiüłåd;
nää džunnfin kukuch vklaivei sivei tåd.
Chei. Chei. Chei. Chei. Chei. Chei. Chei.

Ketumak
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Ketumak »

Seed 1956171154 offers quite a few un-English features in a small space (23 phonemes):

aeiou mn pb tt'd kk'g ɂ f s h hʷ l L w

hʷ is described as a rounded pharyngeal fricative

The maximum syllable is: CVRC. Where R is any of mn lL w s.

Pogostick Man
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Pogostick Man »

- Seed 1745224066: Unremarkable five-vowel system, but /p pʼ t tʼ c cʼ k kʼ/ for stops, /w ɹ j/ for approximants, and no other consonants. No allophonic fricatives or nasals, either, and there's an allophonic rule turning /wj/ into [ww], though this should never happen because the phonotactics are (C)V .
- Seed 1747947433: Rather bizarre all-around:

/m n/
/t d k/
/s h/
/l j ʎ w ʟ/

/ɯ ɔ a œ y ɛ i/
- Seed 1774026322: The only fricatives are /fʰ f/ (apparently in place of /pʰ p/).
- Seed 1776419713: The fricatives are /f z h/.
- Seed 1776583651: /ʀ̆ʷ/. (If this isn't weird, I apologize.)
- Seed 1777238142: /u ʊ o ɔ ɒ ɑ ɪ̈ ɨ œ ɛ e ɪ i/.
Conworld megathread

AVDIO · VIDEO · DISCO

gestaltist
Lebom
Lebom

Post by gestaltist »

Birdlang wrote:I know Polish has w plus consonant clusters and Czech has jsem. And w in Polish is written as Ł, Which I know because I know the alphabet and a few phrases.
Yeah, but #wC is extremely rare. wC is much more common in the middle of the word. In fact, I can only think of two words with #wC: „łkać“ /wkat͡ɕ/ (to weep) and „łza“ /wza/ (tear) - and I would venture a guess that they come from the same root, etymologically.

EDIT: I was able to find a few more #wC words in Polish after thinking a bit more, so maybe it’s not THAT unusual.

Birdlang
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Birdlang »

seed 1382151334. (C)(C)(j)V first C is consonant other than /j/, second is one of /p l/, the vowels are a, i, u.
seed 1382709053. voiced and voiceless fricatives, apparently, the voiced velar fricative is the voiced counterpart of /k/.
seed 1383364439. Wierd vowel set where e and o are always nasalized.
Consonants
Bilabial-alveolar Bilabial Alveolar Velar Uvular Glottal
Nasal n͡m̥ n͡m m̥ m n̥ n ŋ̥ ŋ ɴ̥ ɴ
Stop t͡pʰ t͡p d͡b pʰ p b tʰ t d kʰ k g qʰ q ɢ
Fricative s h
Resonant ɾ ɰ

Vowels
Front Central Back
High i ɯ u
Mid-high e ɤ o
Low a
seed 1383593883. This looks like a Yele clone.
i u
Near-high ɪ ʊ
Low æ Seed 1383790279. But otherwise normal consonant set.

MIGUELbM
Sanci
Sanci

Post by MIGUELbM »

Can anyone tell me how to run gleb on my pc from command line?

Bristel
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Bristel »

seed 1620359910 has some interesting allophone processes and alveopalatal consonants that pattern with /n t s/.

EDIT: I'm having real trouble with the "apical" and "laminal" and "retroflex" parts of this gleb seed, it never explains whether a consonant is apical or laminal, but it derives sound changes based on that. It especially is confusing when I think that "alveopalatal laminals" can't exist, because alveopalatals are dorsal?? Here's the whole page besides the example words, could you guys help me understand it? (I know that gleb is not the best thing for allophones, and I'm sure it's unrealistic)

Phonemic inventory

Consonants
Bilabial Alveolar Palatalised alveopalatal/palatal Velar Glottal
Nasal m n ṉʲ
Stop p t ṯʲ k ʔ
Fricative ɸ s ɕ x h
Approximant l j

Vowels
Front Central Back
High i u
Near-high ɪ ʊ
Mid-high e o
Mid-low ɛ ɔ
Low a
Syllable structure

(C1)V(C2)

Allophony

Stops [p t ṯʲ k] persistently become ejective [pʼ tʼ ṯʼʲ kʼ] after a non-nasal glottal stop.
Non-ejective stops [p t ṯʲ k] persistently become aspirated [pʰ tʰ ṯʰʲ kʰ] before a glottal fricative.
Coronal stops [tʰ tʼ ṯʲ ...] become non-affricate and assimilate in place of articulation to a following obstruent or nasal.
Non-ejective unaspirated stops [p t ṯʲ k] become aspirated [pʰ tʰ ṯʰʲ kʰ] before a voiceless fricative.
Nasals [m n ṉʲ] become nasals and assimilate in place of articulation to a following obstruent or nasal.
Consonants other than [j], i.e. [m tʰ kʼ ...], persistently assimilate in palatalisation to a following consonant. Before a front consonant, apical consonants become alveopalatal laminal; [l] become [ɬ̱ʲ].
After a palatoalveolar obstruent or nasal, apical consonants become retroflex; [l] become [ɬ̢].
Front vowels and semivowels [j i e ...] become non-front [∅ ɨ ɘ ...] before a retroflex obstruent or nasal. [j] are deleted.
Back vowels [u ʊ o ɔ] become central [ɨ ɪ̈ ɘ ɜ] before a palatal semivowel.
Coronal consonants [n ʈʰ ṯʼʲ ...] assimilate in anteriority and retroflexion to a following coronal fricative. Before a laminal fricative, alveolar consonants become retroflex; [l] become [ɬ̢]. Before one of [ɬ̢ ʂ], alveopalatal obstruents or nasals become non-front.
Non-ejective stops [pʰ tʰ ṯ ...] persistently assimilate in aspiration to a preceding consonant other than approximant.
Non-pharyngeal non-retroflex coronal consonants [n̻ tʰ ṯʼʲ ...] assimilate in palatalisation to a following non-low vowel or semivowel. Before a front vowel or semivowel, alveolar consonants become alveopalatal; apical consonants become laminal; [l] become [ɬ̱ʲ].
Non-retroflex coronal consonants [n̻ t s̻ ...] persistently become retroflex [ɳ̻ ʈ ʂ̻ ...] after a retroflex consonant. Alveopalatal obstruents or nasals become non-front.
Coronal consonants [n̻ ʈʰ̻ s̻ ...] persistently assimilate in laminality to a following coronal consonant. Before an apical consonant, palatoalveolar laminal obstruents or nasals become retroflex; alveopalatal obstruents or nasals become non-front.
Stops [pʰ t ṯʼ ...] persistently assimilate in glottalisation to a following voiceless consonant. Before an ejective consonant, aspirated stops become unaspirated.
Palatal obstruents or nasals [ç cʼ c ...] persistently become alveopalatal [ɕ ṯʼʲ ṯʲ ...] before a palatoalveolar obstruent or nasal.
[bɹ̠ˤʷɪs.təɫ]
Nōn quālibet inīquā cupiditāte illectus hoc agō
Yo te pongo en tu lugar...
Taisc mach Daró

Αυτοβοτα
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Αυτοβοτα »

Holy moly this one.

Seed: 1936984572

Consonants
Laminal alveolar Velar Rounded velar
Stop t̻ k kʷ
Fricative s̻
Approximant l̻

Vowels
Front Central Back
High i ɯ u
Mid-high e ɤ o
Mid-low ɛ ʌ ɔ
Low a

Syllable structure

(C1)V(C2)

Allophony

[kʷ] become [k] before a rounded stop.
After a non-low front vowel, velar stops become non-pharyngeal alveopalatal; [t̻ s̻] become [ṯʲ ɕ]; [l̻] are deleted.

And a sample of some words:

/t̻et̻akt̻as̻ɛ/ [t̻eṯʲakt̻as̻ɛ]
/s̻al̻ok/ [s̻al̻ok]
/akal̻ka/ [akal̻ka]
/kat̻akas̻ɤ/ [kat̻akas̻ɤ]
/kakakʷe/ [kakakʷe]
/l̻ias̻el̻a/ [l̻ias̻ea]
/kat̻t̻ɛl̻a/ [kat̻t̻ɛa]
/kikʷut̻a/ [kiṯʲʷut̻a]

IS THIS FOR REAL
-_-_Aftovota_-_-

Bristel
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Bristel »

Nice alveopalatals. I'm becoming a fan of them now.
[bɹ̠ˤʷɪs.təɫ]
Nōn quālibet inīquā cupiditāte illectus hoc agō
Yo te pongo en tu lugar...
Taisc mach Daró

Pogostick Man
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Pogostick Man »

If you're not going to do anything with that phonology, do you mind if I use it?
Conworld megathread

AVDIO · VIDEO · DISCO

Αυτοβοτα
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Αυτοβοτα »

Pogostick Man wrote:If you're not going to do anything with that phonology, do you mind if I use it?
If you're talking about seed 1936984572, knock yourself out.

And PM it when you're done.
-_-_Aftovota_-_-

Birdlang
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Birdlang »

seed 1906427745. Vowels. Front Central Back
High i ɯ
Low æ æ̃ a ã ɒ ɒ̃ also rounded, palatized, and regular
seed 1884145115. Ingressive "z".
Phonemic inventory

Consonants
Labial Alveolar Palatalised
alveolar Alveolar
sibilant Laminal
retroflex Laminal
retroflex
sibilant Palatal Vel. /
uvul. Glottal
Nasal m n nʲ ɳ̻ m n ń ņ
Stop p b t d t͡s ʈ̻ ɖ̻ ʈ͡ʂ̻ c ɟ k g p b t d c ʈ ɖ c̢ j q
Fricative f v s z ʂ̻ ʐ̻ χ ʁ h
Trill r
Approximant l ɭ̻ j w

Vowels
Front Central
High i ĩ ɨ˞ ɨ̃˞ i ï y ÿ
Low a ã a˞ ã˞ a ä o ö
Syllable structure

(C)V

C: a consonant

Allophony

Obstruents [p c v ...] persistently assimilate in voice to a following consonant other than resonant. Before a voiced obstruent or nasal, affricates become fricatives.
Labial obstruents or nasals [m p f ...] assimilate in labiodentality to a following labial obstruent or nasal.
Consonants [z s nʲ ...] persistently become rounded [zʷ sʷ nʷ ...] before a rounded semivowel or word-finally. Front consonants become non-front; [c ɟ j] become [kʷ gʷ w].
Non-pharyngeal unrounded non-front consonants other than retroflex consonants or uvular consonants [m t f ...] persistently become front [mʲ tʲ fʲ ...] after a front consonant except for a semivowel.
Non-glottal fricative resonants [ɭ̻ rʷ r ...] persistently become voiceless [ɭ̻̥ rʷ̥ r̥ ...] after a voiceless obstruent.
[ɨ˞ ɨ̃˞ a ã] become back before an uvular fricative. Retroflex vowels become central; retroflex vowels become rounded.
Alveolar consonants other than non-front trills [n dʲ zʲ ...] persistently become retroflex [ɳ ɖ ʐ ...] after a retroflex consonant. Palatalised consonants become non-front; trills become non-retroflex alveolar.
Alveolar consonants other than non-front trills [n dʲ zʲ ...] persistently become retroflex [ɳ ɖ ʐ ...] after a retroflex consonant. Palatalised consonants become non-front; trills become non-retroflex alveolar.
[ɨ˞ ɨ̃˞ a ã ɑ ɑ̃] assimilate in backness or velarisation to a following palatal or velar consonant other than stop. Before one of [w̥ w], retroflex vowels become central; retroflex vowels become rounded.
Non-pharyngeal unrounded non-front consonants other than retroflex consonants or uvular consonants [m t v ...] become front [mʲ tʲ vʲ ...] before a non-low front vowel or a high palatal semivowel.
Nasals [m ɱʷ nʲ ...] become nasals and assimilate in place of articulation to the previous phone between an obstruent or nasal and an obstruent or nasal.
Nasals other than bilabial obstruents or nasals [ɱ nʲ ɲ ...] become non-nasal resonants [m rʲ j ...] before a non-nasal resonant. Labiodental nasals become nasal obstruents or nasals; retroflex nasals become non-retroflex alveolar; labiodental nasals become non-labiodental; [ŋ ɴ] are deleted; laminal nasals become apical.
Non-sibilant coronal coronal nasals [n nʲ ɳʷ̻ ...] become nasals and assimilate in place of articulation to a following obstruent.
Dorsal obstruents or nasals [ɲ c gʷ ...] persistently assimilate in uvularity to a following dorsal obstruent or nasal. Before an uvular consonant other than [o̯], palatal stops or nasals become uvular.
Non-nasal vowels [i ʉ˞ a˞ ...] become nasal [ĩ ʉ̃˞ ã˞ ...] before a nasal vowel.
Before a non-nasal coronal fricative, non-sibilant coronal voiced stops become non-nasal coronal fricative sibilants; non-sibilant coronal voiceless stops become non-nasal coronal affricate sibilants.
Before a non-nasal coronal fricative, non-sibilant coronal voiced stops become non-nasal coronal fricative sibilants; non-sibilant coronal voiceless stops become non-nasal coronal affricate sibilants.
Tense vowels and semivowels [j̥ w ɨ˞ ...] become lax [e̯̥ o̯ ɘ˞ ...] before a non-labial trill. Vowels and semivowels other than [o̯] become mid-high.
Front vowels and semivowels [j̥ e̯̥ ĩ ...] become non-front [ɰ̟̥ ɘ̯̥ ɨ̃ ...] before a retroflex vowel or a retroflexed consonant.
Coronal consonants [n ɖʷ ʐʷ ...] persistently assimilate in laminality to a following coronal consonant.
Non-pharyngeal unrounded consonants other than retroflex consonants or uvular consonants or non-back palatal or velar consonants [m d z ...] persistently assimilate in palatalisation to a following consonant and become non-front word-finally.
Coronal consonants other than non-front apical trills [n̻ ɖʷ ʂʷ ...] persistently assimilate in anteriority and retroflexion to a following coronal consonant other than non-sibilant coronal stop or nasal. Before a retroflex consonant other than a non-sibilant coronal stop or nasal, palatalised consonants become non-front; trills become non-retroflex alveolar; laminal trills become apical.
Some words

/kama/ [kama]
/ʂ̻a˞pa˞dã/ [ʂ̻a˞pa˞dã]
/ɳ̻iĩ/ [ɳ̻ĩĩ]
/pɨ˞fa˞nʲa˞/ [pɨ˞fa˞nʲa˞]
/vɨ˞ɳ̻ɨ̃˞/ [vɨ˞ɳ̻ɨ̃˞]
/lihila/ [lʲihʲila]
/na˞mi/ [na˞mʲi]
/tɨ˞ʂ̻ã/ [tɨ˞ʂ̻ã]
/paɨ˞ã/ [pãɨ̃˞ã]
/pĩnã˞/ [pʲĩnã˞]
/sĩɳ̻i/ [sʲɨ̃ɳ̻i]
/na˞χi/ [na˞χi]
/haɖ̻a/ [haɖ̻a]
/t͡sãnã˞/ [t͡sãnã˞]
/mĩsa/ [mʲĩsa]
/nã˞ɨ˞/ [nã˞ɨ˞]
/ʈ̻ɨ˞si/ [ʈ̻ɨ˞sʲi]
/paĩ/ [pãĩ]
/nʲa˞mã/ [nʲa˞mã]
/ã˞χã/ [ã˞χã]
/nĩna/ [nʲĩna]
/da˞na/ [da˞na]
/bĩda/ [bʲĩda]
/χɨ˞dɨ˞/ [χɨ˞dɨ˞]
/ʈ̻ɨ˞nɨ˞/ [ʈ̻ɨ˞nɨ˞]
/a˞/ [a˞]
/χãma˞/ [χãma˞]
/fɨ˞mi/ [fɨ˞mʲi]
/kã˞pi/ [kã˞pʲi]
/a˞na˞/ [a˞na˞]
Generated by Gleb version 0.3.1a / 5.0a with seed 1893418132.

Birdlang
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Birdlang »

Phonemic inventory

Consonants
Bilabial Laminal
alveolar Laminal
alveolar
sibilant Palatoalv.
lateral Palatoalv.
sibilant /
palatal Velar Rounded
velar /
bilabial-velar Glottal
Nasal m n̻ ŋ ŋ͡m
Stop pʰ p tʰ̻ t̻ kʰ k k͡pʰ k͡p
Fricative θ s̻ ʃ h
Approximant l̻ ḻ j w

Vowels
Front Central Back
High i u
Low a
Syllable structure

(C1)V(R)(C2)(C3)(C4)

R: a voiced consonant other than /j/; i.e. one of /ŋ͡m m n̻ ŋ l̻ ḻ w/
C2: a consonant other than /θ/
C3: a coronal consonant other than a stop or nasal; i.e. one of /θ s̻ ʃ l̻ ḻ/
C4: a non-coronal non-palatal or velar consonant; i.e. one of /m pʰ p h/

Allophony

Unaspirated stops [k͡p p t̻ k] persistently become aspirated [k͡pʰ pʰ tʰ̻ kʰ] after an aspirated consonant.
Front vowels and palatal semivowels [j i] become central [w ɨ] before a velar semivowel. [j] become [w].
Before a rounded semivowel, vowels other than become back rounded; become .
Short voiced consonants [ŋ͡m n̻ ḻ ...] become voiceless [k͡p t̻ ḻ̥ ...] after a voiceless aspirated consonant. Nasals become non-nasal.
[h] are deleted between a vowel or semivowel and a vowel or semivowel.
Unrounded non-palatal non-bilabial consonants [n̻ kʰ h ...] become rounded [nʷ̻ kʰʷ w ...] before a rounded semivowel. [h] become [w].
Voiced consonants [ŋ͡m ŋ ḻ ...] become voiceless [k͡p k ḻ̥ ...] before a non-nasal consonant except for an approximant. Nasals become non-nasal.
Unrounded non-palatal non-bilabial consonants [n̻ kʰ h ...] become rounded [nʷ̻ kʰʷ w ...] after a rounded consonant. [h] become [w].
Non-sibilant coronal alveolar nasals [n̻ nʷ̻] persistently become nasals and assimilate in place of articulation to a following obstruent or nasal.
Alveolar obstruents other than stops [θ θʷ s̻ sʷ̻] assimilate in sibilancy to a following fricative.
Coronal consonants [n̻ tʷ̻ l̻̥ ...] persistently assimilate in anteriority and retroflexion to a following fricative. Before one of [ʃ ʃʷ], non-sibilant coronal obstruents become sibilants; stops become fricatives; aspirated stops become unaspirated.
Short non-glottal stop unaspirated voiceless consonants [tʷ̻ ḻ̥ k ...] persistently become voiced [dʷ̻ ḻ g ...] between a voiced phone and a voiced phone.
Consonants [ŋʷ ʒʷ k͡pʰ ...] persistently become front [ɲ ʑ ɕ ...] before a palatal semivowel. Rounded consonants become unrounded; velar stops become coronal palatalised fricatives; velar aspirated stops become unaspirated; [g͡b g gʷ] become [ɕ ɕ ɕ]; [k͡pʰ k͡p] become [ɕ ɕ]; [h] become [j].
Palatal nasals [ɲ͡m ɲ] become alveopalatal [ṉʲ ṉʲ] before a palatoalveolar obstruent or nasal. [ɲ͡m] become [ṉʲ].
Some words

/puʃa/ [puʒa]
/n̻in̻al̻/ [n̻in̻al̻]
/puha/ [pua]
/al̻k͡pa/ [al̻̥k͡pa]
/hahaw/ [haɒw]
/pimhul̻k͡p/ [piphul̻̥k͡p]
/hiht̻iww/ [hihtʰ̻uww]
/k͡pʰu/ [k͡pʰu]
/t̻uwpʰaw/ [t̻uw̥pʰɒw]
/l̻un̻iḻ/ [l̻un̻iḻ]
/ʃuk͡puw/ [ʃug͡buw]
/tʰ̻aj/ [tʰ̻aj]
/s̻as̻i/ [s̻az̻i]
/t̻ikawp/ [t̻igɒw̥p]
/kat̻hi/ [kat̻hi]
/pil̻t̻hn̻an̻l̻s̻/ [pil̻̥t̻ht̻an̻l̻̥s̻] is this even naturalistic
/pun̻mŋin̻ʃ/ [pummŋiʃʃ]
/θiŋih/ [θiŋih]
/hatʰ̻aθ/ [hatʰ̻aθ]
/t̻ukʃkʰut̻/ [t̻ukʃkʰut̻]
/pʰihpuŋ/ [pʰihpʰuŋ]
/θu/ [θu]
/t̻at̻ʃa/ [t̻aʃʃa]
/kʰawʃu/ [kʰɒw̥ʃʷu]
/ʃiŋn̻im/ [ʃiŋn̻im]
/an̻kʰu/ [at̻kʰu]
/hikḻa/ [higḻa]
/kit̻uj/ [kid̻uj]
/l̻ai/ [l̻ai]
/ḻapʰa/ [ḻapʰa]
Generated by Gleb version 0.3.1a / 5.0a with seed 1332609528.
Does anyone want to use this. PM me if you want to use it. Even zompist can use it!!!

----
Smeric
Smeric

Post by ---- »

Can you stop pasting the entire page here every time you do this? just post the particularly interesting parts of the phonologies or keep these things to yourself.

opipik
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by opipik »

Seed 1741539254 has k͡xʰˡ , k͡xˡ , k͡xʼˡ, g͡ɣˡ and ɠ̰ˡ with no k͡xʰ, k͡x, k͡xʼ, g͡ɣ, and ɠ̰.
Seed 1725023433 has phonemic ɴ.
Seed 1638681236 has tʰ̻ and one of the words is /fɛ̃t̻t̻ɛ̃/ that is realized as [mʲɛ̃nʲ̻nʲ̻ɛ̃]. Seems that Gleb loves laminal consonants...
Seed 1663682697 has kʰ̟ k̟ kʰ k kʰʷ kʷ.

Pogostick Man
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Pogostick Man »

Seed 1986837102 has a consonant inventory of just /m n t k x h l/.
Conworld megathread

AVDIO · VIDEO · DISCO

Birdlang
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Birdlang »

seed 1227660750. Vowels are /u o a/. also. Voiceless nasals,
seed 1238179734. Rounded voiceless velar fricative without /x/. Syllable structure is another matter.
(C1)(C2)(j)(C3)V
C1: a consonant other than a stop or nasal; i.e. one of /ʔ s ç xʷ r j w/
C2: one of /m n ŋ p t tʼ k kʼ ʔ s xʷ r j w/
C3: a consonant
/rjtejki/ [rʲjtejki] is one of the words. That is completely unusual.
seed 1259084660.
(C1)V(R)(C2)(C3)
R: a sonorant; i.e. one of /m n̻ nʲ̻ r̻ j w/
C3: a consonant other than a stop or nasal; i.e. one of /s̻ ç χ r̻ j w/

Solarius
Sanci
Sanci

Post by Solarius »

Seed 1266280700 is not too exceptional, except for that it's inventory is almost the exact same as one I was thinking of for another conlang.
Yo jo moy garsmichte pa

Sphenocorona
Niš
Niš

Post by Sphenocorona »

I don't remember the seed anymore, but I got a phonology including a "z̃˂" phoneme. Anybody care to enlighten me on what this "˂" thing is?

Seed 1210300501 has this completely useless set of consecutive rules:
(177) Back vowels and semivowels [w u w̥ ɔ] persistently become central [w̟ ʉ w̟̥ ɞ] before a palatal semivowel.
Rule (177) becomes inactive.
It also has voiced and voiceless open-mid central rounded semivowels as allophones of w and ʍ, respectively.