Longest Word In Your Conlang

Substantial postings about constructed languages and constructed worlds in general. Good place to mention your own or evaluate someone else's. Put quick questions in C&C Quickies instead.
AndrewTheConlanger
Niš
Niš

Re: Longest Word In Your Conlang

Post by AndrewTheConlanger »

In Ausulune, that'd be this:

Thahlacenyleylegatsygeyenaumonitel.
The women might have suddenly been beginning to become deaf.

schyrsivochter
Lebom
Lebom

Post by schyrsivochter »

In No. 1, it’s (at the moment) fznityvmtzt [fznitçvmdzt], meaning ‘to stop sth.’, only transitive. The vocabulary is not well developed yet; I may yet add longer words.
My version of the SCA²

About my conlangs: No. 1 is my proto-language, and No. 4, my main conlang, is one of its descendants. I’m currently revising 4, calling it 4a.

Soap
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Soap »

Poswa has some longer words now, since I've been working on modern terminology and on the grammar. baebamwapwembwa means rifle, and breaks down morphologically as "reed aiming rocks". Thus someone calling a helpline to ask for police protection might say

Baebamwapwembwappiompupembom (28) "Because I'm away from the gun I just got". The same length as the famous English champion "antidisestablishmentarianism". Even longer words could be made, but this is the longest I could think of without chaining together two morphemes of the same type.

(a video game I played once seemed to suggest that bullets are a much older concept than guns, because any aimed projectile (slingshots etc) was called a bullet before guns existed). If I go with that I will make the word something like baebapimpwembwa, which is the same length as the abiove.)
Sunàqʷa the Sea Lamprey says:

Jonlang
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Jonlang »

Currently, the longest Quebric word is andebrydhiair rebel (noun). The lexicon only has 337 words so far so there's plenty of scope for a longer word in the future.
My conlangery Twitter: @Jonlang_
Me? I'm just a lawn-mower; you can tell me by the way I walk.

HerljosScheindorf
Sanci
Sanci

Post by HerljosScheindorf »

as xerossu have agglutinative rules to create new needed words, there may be pretty long words, but yet the longest word in my lexicon are :
hbnāȑokotlaomāruk and satimexitlahuitli

hbnāȑokotlaomāruk : big bird without claws
satimexitlahuitli : having consciousness of some systemic error in sensory perceptions
Scheindorf Herljos of the Ereissu-Nifh Keshtri from Nǩakarak

syzithryx
Niš
Niš

Post by syzithryx »

Saolikc is only agglutinative, not polysynthetic, but I found one word that's interesting:

mwyr-mat-uh-an-da-y-atc
love - fate - always.is - such.that - he - I - each.other
"such that it is destined that he and I will love one another forever"

Qxentio
Sanci
Sanci

Post by Qxentio »

Jagárh has agglutinative and polysynthetic features, so the words tend to become quite long. The longest one I discovered in my notes is the following:
nhuwatrouqytrouqazh, consisting of 19 letters,17 phonemes and 4 morphemes. It means "they would have been despised (over a long time)". I used it to demonstrate the possibilities of conjugation.
There could certainly be much longer words than this one though.
Meine Muttersprache ist Deutsch. My second language is English. Olim discēbam Latinam. Sú ginévam Jagárhvejak. Opiskelen Suomea. Un ek kür en lütten Tick Platt.

Ryan of Tinellb
Sanci
Sanci

Post by Ryan of Tinellb »

Lulani basically consists of enough words to translate the first page or so of my story. The longest word so far is:
kalu-pa-milami-ru-disi
ablative_marker-think-surroundings-gerund-third_person_animate_genitive
"from her being awake / because of her consciousness".
High Lulani and other conlangs at tinellb.com

Lich
Sanci
Sanci

Post by Lich »

The longest word in Wolska is morzecheździedziadzysz [ˌmɔʐɛˌxɛʑd͡ʑeˈd͡ʑad͡zɨʂ] "would that thou wert a pirate," or in a gloss, sea-raid.2SG-PST.SUBJ. It has 22 letters (or 16, not counting digraphs), 14 phonemes and 6 syllables. Its Proto-Germanic ancestor would be *marihuzdidēdīz.
Karajakor dazaran