The Hub (Open RP)

Substantial postings about constructed languages and constructed worlds in general. Good place to mention your own or evaluate someone else's. Put quick questions in C&C Quickies instead.
Foolster41
Lebom
Lebom

The Hub (Open RP)

Post by Foolster41 »

It's been a hundred years since the end of the long war. The tyrant king of the lizard-folk of Saltha, Kakela was brought down by his own people. The war then ended. Soon after, a new democratic republic was born, and this new republic has reached out to their former enemies, wishing to show they reject the evils of the king of their past in their new diplomacy. A new city was built on the Eastern frontier of Saltha, simply called "hub", located at the border near the Human kingdom of Braydon and the land of the tribes of Sylvania (a race of cat-people).

This city is a trading and diplomatic hub of all the races across the world, and is a sovereign nation, seperate from Saltha. The city is ruled by a council with representatives of each race. Strict controls are in place so that no one group from a nation or race dominates.

Braydon, a warrior-knight culture to the East was enemies with Saltha. They allied with cat-people Sylvanians who is a group of small tribes. Saltha allied with Trahern, a human culture obsessed with technology and war, ruled by a iron-fisted king tyrant.
Trahern is one of the few nations without representative at the hub, because of it's contenued animosity towards Braydon and Sylvane, and new to its former ally of Saltha. Though there may well be agents loyal to Trahern in the hub.

----

The idea of this is a sort of fantasy version of science fiction multi-race space stations such as Deep Space 9, Babylon 5 and the Citadel. I have a idea of some of the things that might happen, but I feel like I won't be able to really come up with interesting stuff without having good backgrounds to link things.

While this is fantasy, I don't mind some forms of technology with a steampunky bent (i.e. orthocopters, blimps and flying machines of that sort). I'd rather avoid heavy weaponry such as laser guns or post-medieval gunpowder weapons. Combat isn't a emphisis anyway, though that's not to say violence as a result of conflict can't happen.

Jump right in! Since I want to try to build encounters based on characters backgrounds more info of course is helpful. There's no signups or anything. This is completely free-from where you describe what you are doing and other people react to that. No dice or resolution systems.

Some questions to work into your entry post:
What's your race/nationality)? It doesn't have to be one mentioned here,
How do they feel about the four other nations (Salthan, Braydon, Tahern and Sylvane)?
What types of people do you know in the city (diplomatic, underworld, mercentile, religious? etc.)? (I'll be glad to fill in details if you wish such as name, but at least knowing where they work is helpful)

More into on the Salthan culture is here, it's not required reading, but may be helpful in building backgrounds.

If you have questions about this, feel free to ask!
Last edited by Foolster41 on Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

k1234567890y
Lebom
Lebom

Re: The Hub (Open RP)

Post by k1234567890y »

hello :)

can I have a human being girl or something similar?
See here for a short introduction of some of my conlangs: http://cals.conlang.org/people/472

Foolster41
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Foolster41 »

You can be basically whatever you want. This is meant to be a sandbox (my favorite kind of RP, I've run and played in a few), create a character, give him or her a background of some sort and describe some things that would lead to conflict, or the types of things you'd want your character to do.

If you're not familiar with sandbox RPs, here's a few I've run in the past (though feel like you need to read them, or read every single page, but gives an idea of how they work with building off of ideas from each other.)

A centennial comes but once - Ended up being mostly about a traveler who lost a valuable sword and his fight with the a Salthan crime lord to get it back
(Note that the name of the capital given here is incorrect, it's no longer "|aka" and now Naska)

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=73528 - This one was a bit sillier and aimless with no big plot and more about character interaction. A bunch of visitors come for a celebration ball.Sadly it did kind of just end, but it was a lot of fun while it was running.

k1234567890y
Lebom
Lebom

Post by k1234567890y »

Akari is an human autistic lesbian girl, her actual age is unknown, but she looks like a 15-year-old Asian girl that has a very long straight black hair with bangs covering her forehead and eyebrows.

Akari is good-looking and physically attractive, many guys tries to flirt her, but since Akari is a lesbian, she is only interested in girls.

Akari is a soldier of the Home Defense Corp of the Detch people and is now also an astronaut, it seems that she is ageless and doesn't get old, however, she has lost her way and has been trapped in Saltha after her spaceship had been hit by a space junk and then fell into an unknown abyss which is likely to be a wormhole.
More: show
Note: Detch people is a group of human being in one of my conworlds and Urban Basanawa is one of the primary languages of the Detch people
I don't know if this is good or fits what you want...
See here for a short introduction of some of my conlangs: http://cals.conlang.org/people/472

Foolster41
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Foolster41 »

It sounds like an interesting character. Generally in these sandbox role-plays you describe what your character is doing, working into it descriptions of the character and their background into the post.

Why is Akari the in the city? Was she born there, or did she come for some purpose (tourist, representing a government (either publicly or secretly)?, religious, criminal, etc.) ? Who does she know in the city? Does she just have a name as a contact? Does she have friends there? A love interest?

I was thinking this was a sort of fantasy world, so the astronaut thing wouldn't quite work. Perhaps she instead has a flying machine such as a diragable that crashed, or got stranded from a caravan or something like that?

k1234567890y
Lebom
Lebom

Post by k1234567890y »

Foolster41 wrote:It sounds like an interesting character. Generally in these sandbox role-plays you describe what your character is doing, working into it descriptions of the character and their background into the post.

Why is Akari the in the city? Was she born there, or did she come for some purpose (tourist, representing a government (either publicly or secretly)?, religious, criminal, etc.) ? Who does she know in the city? Does she just have a name as a contact? Does she have friends there? A love interest?

I was thinking this was a sort of fantasy world, so the astronaut thing wouldn't quite work. Perhaps she instead has a flying machine such as a diragable that crashed, or got stranded from a caravan or something like that?
hmm...my thought is that she is from another world...and stucked in the world where Saltha is...so she is not born there and knows no one there.

Foolster41
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Foolster41 »

Okay, so she's trying to get home? What type of place would she go to get help? Maybe if she doesn't know anyone directly she was given the name of someone? If so, what is their profession? (Or I could choose one if you want).

احمکي ارش-ھجن
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by احمکي ارش-ھجن »

Maybe I will play from the perspective of a racist... er, speciesist
ʾAšol ḵavad pulqam ʾifbižen lav ʾifšimeḻ lit maseḡrad lav lit n͛ubad. ʾUpulasim ṗal sa-panžun lav sa-ḥadṇ lav ṗal šarmaḵeš lit ʾaẏṭ waẏyadanun wižqanam.
- Article 1 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

Foolster41
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Foolster41 »

Sounds like a good start. So they don't like a certain race, or many all races that aren't theirs. What race are they? Why are they in hub? Is this racist/specism common among your people? Maybe you were kind of picked to go along as an assistant to an ambassador, so not having to directly speak, but in hopes to get to know people of other cultures? Maybe you need something, like a certain kind of rare medicine that can be only found in the desert?

Feel free to use any of these prompts or come up with your own. And you don't have to have only one character, feel free to have a few characters to fill story needs.

احمکي ارش-ھجن
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by احمکي ارش-ھجن »

This character is a human and dislike any who are non-human.

He is also a traveller from another dimension (which explains his opposition to the other creatures), but he got stuck here and so he had to reforge his life anew.
ʾAšol ḵavad pulqam ʾifbižen lav ʾifšimeḻ lit maseḡrad lav lit n͛ubad. ʾUpulasim ṗal sa-panžun lav sa-ḥadṇ lav ṗal šarmaḵeš lit ʾaẏṭ waẏyadanun wižqanam.

Foolster41
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Foolster41 »

Okay, so he'd have to get a job of some sort, or resort to stealing/crime. What does he do? Does he find he has to work with non-humans despite his dislikes, or does he work elusively with humans? If you want, I can choose a job (roll it from a chart) for you if you can't decide.

Akari: Who would she contact first when coming to the city?
Someone from the criminal world? (Smugglers, thieves, black market)
Religious? (Either the Salthan religion of Santhism, or something else, feel free to make something up)?,
Goverment? (City guard, lower level politicians, bureaucrats, city council etc.)
Diplomat? (Any nation)
Other thing I forgot?

احمکي ارش-ھجن
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by احمکي ارش-ھجن »

He's an honest man, maybe a little too honest than what a situation calls for.
For a human he is quite physically strong (He can hit with the driving force of sledgehammers. This is, however, quite normal for humans in his world).
He'd never turn to crime.
While adventurous, he doesn't prefer to fight, so he'd never be a mercenary.
On the other hand, maybe he's a member of a secret group that actively seeks to destroy all non-humans, a so-called H.A.M. (Humans Against Monsters) organization.
Given this, he'd probably live in human-only settlements and serve humans only.

Other than that, I dunno what his job'd be.

Foolster41
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Foolster41 »

((Well, to some extent destroying all non-humans sounds like criminal somewhat to me. I'd imagine an origination like that would use intimidation and violence against Salthans to reach that aim, so this character would probably be not liked by the law for this connection, even if he doesn't directly take part. But perhaps he isn't quite so devious, and only wants to use peaceful means, and is unaware of the more violent aims of the organization he's part of? (Unless you want your character to be the villain, that's fine)
(Could you give him a name, or is the randomly generated name "Onur" alright?)
))

The sun rose over the city of Hub, a walled city in the Eastern edge of Saltha, but still within the deserts of the nation of Saltha. Just to the east towers the great wall mountains, a division that was conqoured long ago between Saltha and the kingdom of Braydon and other nations.

Kari woke from her mat, got dressed and went to the cloth that made up the wall of her sons room. "Time to get up! I'm going to make breakfast!" she called. After a few calls like this she heard a rustle and then "Yes, mom."

She went downstairs to make breakfast, and not too much later Janes came sleepily down the stairs. Her son was 9, almost 10 now, and nearly a Uagi, a semi-adult. He sat down cross-legged on a cushion at the low table/ She put a plate of food in front of him. A boiled potatoe, a peice of bread and some fish. and he started eating, though Kari noticed slowly. He started pushing around a piece of potato with his hand.
"Hurry or you'll be late for school."
"Yes, ma'am." he said. He ate the potato. Something was bothering him, this was clear.
"Is there something wrong?"
"No, Ma'am." he said.
Kari turned from her cooking. "Don't lie to me, young man. I can see something's bothering you/"
Janes turned away. "Well, it was some boys bothering me yesterday."
"Bothering you in what way?" she asked.
"They.said people like me, scalers and furies shouldn't be on the senate, that wer should go back to the desert and jungles."
While Kari was hardly surprised by this, she knew of sentiments of this, it was still a bit shocked to hear such blatant use of those slurs. She had hoped that there was more healing had been done since the end of the war.
"And where was the teacher?"
Janes shrugged. "She heard. She said it's just talk, that I shouldn't pay them any mind."
Kari grimaced. "She should give those kids, and their parents a piece of her mind. How can she let this be going on?"
"Who are the kids who said this?"
"One of the boys, the lead one is named Robert Albright."
"I should have guessed.".
He is a charismatic councilman, who seemed to be having a growing popularity. As a member of the senate, she knew him well, and frequently butted heads with him.

He was also of a faction that believed that Salthans should have bee sanctioned more in the last war. He argues that after all, it was Saltha who partially started the war, and lost. Instead the Salthans overthrew their own leader, and so managed to gain at least some leniency in the coming occupation from the nations of Braydon, a nation of humans and the cat-people nation of Sylvane.

There wasn't anything official, though there were suspicions that Allbright belongs to some anti-non-human groups. These groups claimed that Salthans and Sylvanians were inferior, and should have no place on the city council. which aparently had also influence among young people. . The groups are tangled webs, some calling for legal means for putting humans in power in the city through election, such as the Humans First Front, and some who use violence and imitation as a means, nothing more than gangs such as the Human Purity Brigade.

The connections between these groups are never clear, with contradicting claims of connection and disassociation. It was cloudy to tell whether a group was secretly carrying out violent acts of intimidation while disavowing it, or these really were rogue elementws going against their group's blessings.

Kari shook her head. What was this world coming to?

"I'm going to have a word with your teacher, and this boy's father."
"Mooom. That's why I didn't want to say anything."
"It's not right for a kid using that sort of language in a school. If he retaliates you tell me. "
She paused. "I'll tell you what, I'll send a messenger with a letter. I'm sure this boy is bothering others as well, isn't he? That way Robert won't know it was your parent who sent the letter."
Some of Jane's friends arrived and they went off to school and Kari set off to work. It was difficult, raising a son by her self and also keeping up with the demanding work of the senate.

The senate building was less than a mile, and so Kari liked to walk to work. It saved money of hiring a Kes (a large reptile), and she didn't mind. On her way she saw a human girl, From her clothes it looked like she wasn't from around here. She didn't reconize the style of clothing being of any nation she could identify. It looked, from the way the girl looked around that was was a bit dazed, confused. She was behind as it was, perhaps it was her imagination, and she shouldn't meddle. She stopped. It would be only a second then to find out if she's wrong, and if she couldn't worry that she missed helping her if she did need help.

"Excuse me, you look like you've just arrived. Do you need help with something? Directions?"
Last edited by Foolster41 on Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

k1234567890y
Lebom
Lebom

Post by k1234567890y »

seems that you helped me to write how Akari was first met, thank you, foolster41 :)

btw, I don't know if what I have written is ok for you. Also, before Akari learns how to speak the Salthan language, I will write Akari's dialogues in Urban Basanawa, her native tongue and the most widespread language of the Detch people in her world.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Akari's spaceship was destroyed, it dismembered in the space, but fortunately, she was enough close to an Earth-like planet, so Akari went on a lifeboat and landed on the planet. Unfortunately, her space-lifeboat landed on a body of water, which is a lake in an oasis, and it was also somewhat damaged when it landed, so the space-lifeboat soon sunk into the lake, but luckily, Akari was not injured at all, and more luckily, she landed on a place near a city.

Akari was wearing a spacesuit, which warmed her body and protected her body from environmental threats from the outside. Akari soon found that human being could breathe in the air of the planet, and as the weather there was very hot, she decided to take off her helmet and let her long hair down. Akari only took off her helmet, but not other parts of the space suit, because she didn't have any other clothes at that time.

Akari tried to pull out her lifeboat, she is not really physically weak compared to other human girls and she tried various methods to pull it out of water in order to repair it, but Akari is only 5 ft 3 in(about 160 cm) tall and weighs only 106 lb(about 48 kg) and is not muscular, as it is not easy for her to gain weight or become muscular, and the lifeboat is also pretty heavy compared to her weight, so she couldn't get the lifeboat out of water, so all her efforts was in vain. After all attempts had been failed, she realized that she needed help from other people, which she is not used to, so she entered the city, and as soon as she went in the city, she found that she the place was ruled by a kind of reptile-like sentient being.

Akari went along a street in the city, she had no idea what to do, and she was hungry and tired, too, suddenly she heard someone calling her, which is a reptile person, and that person spoke a language Akari had no idea of. Hearing someone calling her and trying to speak to her, Akari replied "?".

Akari has autism, which hinders her from having normal social interactions and makes her bad at acting according to circumstances and can make her look somewhat silly in the eye of other people. As a result of her autistic traits, Akari is very bad at face-to-face interaction even with other human beings, not mention to non-human sentient species and is very introverted even though she is not really shy. Despite that, Akari tried to response, but she had almost no idea what that reptile person wanted to do, and she could not understand the language spoken by the reptile person, either.

"い、、、いすた汝能んすと助る゚ぱん我? (IPA: /ɪ/.../ɪsta dʊ kanst hɛɫpən mɪ/; Translation: "Ca...can you help me?")" said Akari unintentionally in her native tongue to that reptile person, even though Akari knew that that reptile person is very unlikely to realize what she was saying.

احمکي ارش-ھجن
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by احمکي ارش-ھجن »

((Well, to some extent destroying all non-humans sounds like criminal somewhat to me. I'd imagine an origination like that would use intimidation and violence against Salthans to reach that aim, so this character would probably be not liked by the law for this connection, even if he doesn't directly take part. But perhaps he isn't quite so devious, and only wants to use peaceful means, and is unaware of the more violent aims of the organization he's part of? (Unless you want your character to be the villain, that's fine)
(Could you give him a name, or is the randomly generated name "Onur" alright?) 
))
I mean petty crime, like thievery, but he's also not the kind of guy who'd work for a mob boss.
The organization he belongs to is known as the Humans Liberation Front and is the top anti-non-human organization on that planet. All the other organizations are "sub-divisions" used to distract and confuse the population at large. The HFL does not even exist in the minds of the population at large, nor yet the Salthan council.
The HFL uses all and any means to achieve its aims. For now, it wants subjugation, however, at some point in time, it will try for the extinction of non-humans altogether.

As for my character, he has a moderately high-ranking in it, and does partake in some violent acts, but only if absolutely necessary, as I said, he doesn't like fighting.
Actually, it would be better if he were unnamed for now, as none of the hero characters know of his existence, and maybe they stumbled upon him in accident without knowing.

But what is his common job? Maybe he is a metalworker.

gufferdk
Lebom
Lebom

Post by gufferdk »

Ooh this sounds interesting.
I haven't tried anyting like this before so I am probably not going to do a lot of heavy lifting on the front of pushing the narrative.
With that out of the way here is my character:

C'uggwipla [ˈt͡ʃ'uˑgʷːipˌɬa] (feel free to adapt that to your characters' native language(s) if they are not able to pronounce that mouthful) is a older male from a race of cat-people similar to the Sylvanians, who has been elected to represent the interests of a federation of tribes from the far north. C'uggwipla himself comes from one of the more prominent merchant families of the northern lands, and has pursued a career in politics as he is in a position where he will not inherit a significant portion of anything.
He has come to the hub very recently on a diplomatic mission because the lands of the north would like more favourable conditions for their traders.
The northern lands are rich in amber and and a number of mined gemstones, as well as fine furs and ivory from sea-animals. The northeners wish to trade these luxury goods for metals and a variety of crafts such as glassware and soft dyed fabrics.

They feel that all the nations with representatives at The Hub except the Sylvanians are trying to intentionally bully them into going home and ending their business.

They feel that the local governments, especially those in Braydon turn a blind eye to their ships and trade-depots being sabotaged, robbed, plundered and burnt by local gangs. They feel that the governments imposes outrageous tariffs and taxes on their trade. Thay have also claimed that the local governments try to specifically hinder their trade by assigning them spaces in the harbour far away from their depots, refusing them access to the government approved pilots so the ships have to navigate dangerous waters themselves, abusing their powers to blackmail the traders, having them wait for absurdly long times when aquiring licences, having them fill out meaninglessly large amounts of paperwork and restricting access to their bazaars due to police investigations of nearby, seemingly made-up incidents as well as a lot of other claims of bullying with various amounts of evidence behind them.

C'uggwipla has just arrived in The Hub where he has a number of scheduled meetings with the council's trade committees where he will try to negotiate trade agreements and more importantly, better protection of the merchants of his people.
He is travelling together with 3 people: his secretary, his assitant who will be lifting luggage and similar muscle-labor as well as acting as bodyguard in a pinch and his secondary who will also take part in the meetings, and who will represent him if he should not be able to attend the meeting himself.
He knows a number of prominent northeners living in the hub, almost all of the significant northern merchants as well as the ambassador of the northern federation, at whose house he will be staying at during his visit. He does not know any non-northeners in the city.

He likes the Sylvanians due to their willingness to trade and cultural and racial similarity and has semi-neutral-semi-negative-semi-outraged feelings about Braydon and Saltha for the resons stated above.
He has surprisingly positive feeling towards Trahern as they are more than willing to import gemstones and are willing to pay high prices. His great-grandfather was the person who really made the family wealthy by securing an agreement on the import of jet and black tourmaline for the royal Trahernian gemworks.

He is intelligent and has a nose for business-opportunities, but is relatively old and not very muscular so he is not very good at combat himself.

(Btw, is a map, even just a rough sketch of the continent availible somwhere?)
Languages i speak fluently: Dansk, English
Languages i am studying: Deutsch, Español

k1234567890y
Lebom
Lebom

Post by k1234567890y »

Can I have more than one characters?

Also, something more about Akari(updated):
Akari actually is a genius, however, due to the fact that she has some form of autism, which makes her look silly and awkward sometimes. Due to the fact that she looks young and cute, and she looks silly and awkward sometimes, people can underestimate her true ability; also, as Akari has a pale skin, and she is thin and not muscular, people can think she is physically weak, however, Akari is not physically weak, actually, her physical strength is pretty high relative among human girls and she also has a high endurance.

Akari treats people well, and she has a strong sense of justice. Although she always brings a pistol to protect herself, she does not kill people, she does not even kill animals, as she is not willing to kill.

Akari likes Hyperdimension Neptunia series and frequently holds a Neptune Plush with her:

http://store.nisamerica.com/hyperdimens ... plush-doll

Akari looks like the girl in the following pictures(Note: The girl in the following pictures is Mayu Watanabe of AKB48, a Japanese girl idol group), and her hairstyle is also the same to the girl in the following pictures, however, Akari has a much longer hair and may actually look better than her:

gufferdk wrote:
Ooh this sounds interesting.
I haven't tried anyting like this before so I am probably not going to do a lot of heavy lifting on the front of pushing the narrative.
With that out of the way here is my character:

C'uggwipla [ˈt͡ʃ'uˑgʷːipˌɬa] (feel free to adapt that to your characters' native language(s) if they are not able to pronounce that mouthful) is a older male from a race of cat-people similar to the Sylvanians, who has been elected to represent the interests of a federation of tribes from the far north. C'uggwipla himself comes from one of the more prominent merchant families of the northern lands, and has pursued a career in politics as he is in a position where he will not inherit a significant portion of anything.
He has come to the hub very recently on a diplomatic mission because the lands of the north would like more favourable conditions for their traders.
The northern lands are rich in amber and and a number of mined gemstones, as well as fine furs and ivory from sea-animals. The northeners wish to trade these luxury goods for metals and a variety of crafts such as glassware and soft dyed fabrics.

They feel that all the nations with representatives at The Hub except the Sylvanians are trying to intentionally bully them into going home and ending their business.

They feel that the local governments, especially those in Braydon turn a blind eye to their ships and trade-depots being sabotaged, robbed, plundered and burnt by local gangs. They feel that the governments imposes outrageous tariffs and taxes on their trade. Thay have also claimed that the local governments try to specifically hinder their trade by assigning them spaces in the harbour far away from their depots, refusing them access to the government approved pilots so the ships have to navigate dangerous waters themselves, abusing their powers to blackmail the traders, having them wait for absurdly long times when aquiring licences, having them fill out meaninglessly large amounts of paperwork and restricting access to their bazaars due to police investigations of nearby, seemingly made-up incidents as well as a lot of other claims of bullying with various amounts of evidence behind them.

C'uggwipla has just arrived in The Hub where he has a number of scheduled meetings with the council's trade committees where he will try to negotiate trade agreements and more importantly, better protection of the merchants of his people.
He is travelling together with 3 people: his secretary, his assitant who will be lifting luggage and similar muscle-labor as well as acting as bodyguard in a pinch and his secondary who will also take part in the meetings, and who will represent him if he should not be able to attend the meeting himself.
He knows a number of prominent northeners living in the hub, almost all of the significant northern merchants as well as the ambassador of the northern federation, at whose house he will be staying at during his visit. He does not know any non-northeners in the city.

He likes the Sylvanians due to their willingness to trade and cultural and racial similarity and has semi-neutral-semi-negative-semi-outraged feelings about Braydon and Saltha for the resons stated above.
He has surprisingly positive feeling towards Trahern as they are more than willing to import gemstones and are willing to pay high prices. His great-grandfather was the person who really made the family wealthy by securing an agreement on the import of jet and black tourmaline for the royal Trahernian gemworks.

He is intelligent and has a nose for business-opportunities, but is relatively old and not very muscular so he is not very good at combat himself.

(Btw, is a map, even just a rough sketch of the continent availible somwhere?)
maybe there are many ethnic groups of cat-people, just like human beings?
احمکي ارش-ھجن wrote:
I mean petty crime, like thievery, but he's also not the kind of guy who'd work for a mob boss.
The organization he belongs to is known as the Humans Liberation Front and is the top anti-non-human organization on that planet. All the other organizations are "sub-divisions" used to distract and confuse the population at large. The HFL does not even exist in the minds of the population at large, nor yet the Salthan council.
The HFL uses all and any means to achieve its aims. For now, it wants subjugation, however, at some point in time, it will try for the extinction of non-humans altogether.

As for my character, he has a moderately high-ranking in it, and does partake in some violent acts, but only if absolutely necessary, as I said, he doesn't like fighting.
Actually, it would be better if he were unnamed for now, as none of the hero characters know of his existence, and maybe they stumbled upon him in accident without knowing.

But what is his common job? Maybe he is a metalworker.
sounds like he has a unique moral standard.

Foolster41
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Foolster41 »

((k123: The common trade languages are frequently spoken here, so it's likely you won't have to learn Salthan
to get by

Multiple characters are fine! ))

It sounded like a question, but Kari couldn't make it out.
"I'm sorry dear, but I don't understand your language." Kari tried to a sort of sign language to
communicate, She pointed at the girl, and then made a circle over their heads. "You trying to go somewhere?"
This not really helping she sighed. She made a beckoning motion with her hand. "Come with me, and maybe I can find someone
who can speak your language." she said, and set off to the diplomatic district, checking to see if the girl followed.

((?? :Metalworker sounds fine))

UKakela, a young salthan looked behind him as he pushed through the crowds in the human district. He'd never been to this part of the city before, but
he had wandered this way, or perhaps been herded like a fish into a net.

Glancing behind him he could see the two following him again, men with swords who were trying to look like they weren't follwing anyone.
He glanced to his left. A blacksmith. Perhaps he could help. He tuned aside, under the canopy that covered the open workshop area.
Sheltered from the heat of the sun, but instead Ukakela felt the heat of the forge. A human was working on something. "Excuse me? Perhaps you could
help me? I need a sword, some men are after me."

((gufferdk: Here is a map of the nation of Saltha. Hub is located a little south of Uloshs.
))

A human man approaches C'uggwipla. He an older man, maybe in his mid forties, with a beard that's graying that reaches down to his collarbone. Next to him is a young human woman. Both are wearing hoods up, as if to conceal their identities.

"Excuse me, you are C'uggwipla, yes? From the Northern Kingdom?"

"My name is Jak Stonecliff. I know you don't know me, and I hope you will forgive me, but I was refereed to you by mutual acquaintances in the trade guild, and I don't know who to turn to."

He looks around. "Can we speak somewhere, more private, in this pub here perhaps?"

احمکي ارش-ھجن
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by احمکي ارش-ھجن »

Do you think Trahern would be more likely to support the Humans Liberation Front?

Also, dunno whether Ukakela is important, because my next move is to kill him:
The blacksmith looked at the Salthan before him. "Yes, I bet they are. Why else did you come here if not to get killed? You don't belong here. For the record, no, I only serve humans, not scalers." He nodded to the two men who caught up.
"Ćul šadib ʾuppařam mel maẏ tuẕimu ya ʾitim, feyya?" (Make sure there is no blood on the floor, good?)
"Mewalt, yeš maẏ ʾadusṟam" (Aye, we will) As the men with swords approached closer to Ukakela, the blacksmith began to leave his forge towards the market. Glancing back, he saw the two men drag the Salthan to the back of the forge behind the curtain-walls. The Salthan resisted quite strongly, but one of them stabbed him in the back.
One could hear the gurgling scream, yet no-one paid any mind.
Last edited by احمکي ارش-ھجن on Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Foolster41
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Foolster41 »

(( OOC:
احمکي ارش-ھجن wrote:Do you think Trahern would be more likely to support the Humans Liberation Front?
The government of Trahern is likely to, possibly not because they are particularly racist and agree with any sort of inferiority of a race, but because they love to sew disorder in the Saltha, and see it as a way of getting revenge.

[/quote]Also, dunno whether Ukakela is important, because my next move is to kill him.[/quote]

:o :o :o Oh my. Okay, you're the villain then of this story. :P
I was offering a chance for an uplifing "redemption" plot, but this is sandbox, so if you want to be a villian, that's fine, but of course there will likely be consequences.
I'm not saying it's guaranteed, but don't be surprised if your character goes down by the end of the story. :P ))

Ushua, a young Salthan who looked to be in his mid twenties ran up to Kari. "Ma'am! There was another murder, a body was found in a refuge pile, in the human district."
Kari was stunned. Another one. "Who was he?" She felt ashamed, Has there been so many, that it didn't bother her as much, has she become dulled?
"Who was he?"
"Ukakela Kes, age 25. He was a tourist, visiting from Ten Terak, The police are investigating. The guard is looking for witnesses. he was beaten and stabbed, but nothing was taken, he still had money on him. It looks to be like the others, the anti-non-human groups."
"Thank you for letting me know Ushua. I want to keep informed."

She continued on. ((WIth Akari at her side if she is following)) She had been trying to warn the council to take stricter measures, but they feel like there was nothing they could do. It wasn't as if the human distract was dangerous perse, after all most humans didn't share the spiciest sentiments of these groups like the HFF. Though these radical few would murder someone every once in a while, and this was once in a while too many.

احمکي ارش-ھجن
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by احمکي ارش-ھجن »

Foolster41 wrote::o :o :o Oh my. Okay, you're the villain then of this story. :P
I was offering a chance for an uplifing "redemption" plot, but this is sandbox, so if you want to be a villian, that's fine, but of course there will likely be consequences.
I'm not saying it's guaranteed, but don't be surprised if your character goes down by the end of the story. :P ))
No, no redemption. I'm best as a villain and this all serves to create needed conflict.
Because of what we have now, it reveals that the Hub is peaceful only superficially, while there is much conflict internally. There is anti-non-human sentiments and as a result anti-human sentiments in the backlash. But this retaliating animosity only benefits the HLF.

My character certainly won't go down easily. Maybe he is final boss level important.

k1234567890y
Lebom
Lebom

Post by k1234567890y »

Again, I don't know if what I have written is ok...

--------------------------------

Akari was at first a little confused, but then Akari realized that the reptile person tried to invite her to some place, so Akari decided to follow that reptile person. Akari only tried to get some help, she had no idea what happened in the human district of the Hub.

Seeing the reptile person who led her stopped, Akari said "?"

Akari was bored, she only brought a book with her, which is a real analysis textbook, and she had read the book many times; besides she only brought a pistol, six bullets, a pencil, an eraser and a Neptune plush with her, she forgot to bring the helmet of the spacesuit with her.

On the other hand, outside of the Hub, a group of a Salthan caravan went to the lake where Akari's lifeboat had sunk in.

"It is so late, I think we can't arrive Sylvania today, I think we should find a place to rest as soon as possible, we have sold out all of our cargoes in the hub, but we didn't get enough money..." a member of the caravan said.

"Yes...wait, what's that in the lake?" another member of the caravan saw something in the lake, due to the reflection of the sunlight.

"Is there anything?" still another member of the caravan was confused.

"Let's get close to the lake and see what exactly it is" the leader of the caravan suggested.

The people of the caravan approached the lake and they saw a very strange thing lying in the lake, they didn't realize what it was, but they knew it was an artifact.

"Hey, let's drag it out of the water, I guess we can get a large sum of money from those Sylvanians by selling this." the leader of the caravan suggested.

The leader of the caravan commanded his people to connect the lifeboat to their Kesses with ropes, then they dragged the lifeboat out of water by employing the power of those Kesses, then they put the lifeboat on their biggest cart, which occupied almost the entire space of the cart.

After pulling out the lifeboat and put it on a cart, one of them found another thing by the shore.

"Hey, look what I have found?" a member of the caravan held the helmet of Akari's spacesuit and said.

"It looks like a strange pot" another member of the caravan said.

"No, it's a helmet, despite it looks strange" the leader of the caravan said, "no matter what it is, I think it is used by human beings, only human beings have such a round head to wear this helmet, I think it will be sold with a good price in Braydon, and we will also go to Braydon after doing business in Sylvania."

They also put the helmet on their cart, then they covered everything with a cloth and tied the cloth on the cart with ropes. After doing all of these, they were tired, so they camped around the lake, on the second day, the caravan continued their journey.

Akari had no idea what had happened to her lifeboat. Akari knew that her lifeboat was somewhat broken, but the damages was repairable by herself alone, and she had a chance to leave this planet by driving the lifeboat, what she did not know was that her lifeboat was taken away to Sylvania by a team of a Salthan caravan.

gufferdk
Lebom
Lebom

Post by gufferdk »

Foolster41 wrote: A human man approaches C'uggwipla. He an older man, maybe in his mid forties, with a beard that's graying that reaches down to his collarbone. Next to him is a young human woman. Both are wearing hoods up, as if to conceal their identities.

"Excuse me, you are C'uggwipla, yes? From the Northern Kingdom?"

"My name is Jak Stonecliff. I know you don't know me, and I hope you will forgive me, but I was refereed to you by mutual acquaintances in the trade guild, and I don't know who to turn to."

He looks around. "Can we speak somewhere, more private, in this pub here perhaps?"
Soo, have I understood the concept correct if I assume I then make up what happens then? Still not totally sure about how this works.
احمکي ارش-ھجن wrote:
Foolster41 wrote::o :o :o Oh my. Okay, you're the villain then of this story. :P
No, no redemption. I'm best as a villain and this all serves to create needed conflict.
Because of what we have now, it reveals that the Hub is peaceful only superficially, while there is much conflict internally. There is anti-non-human sentiments and as a result anti-human sentiments in the backlash. But this retaliating animosity only benefits the HLF.

My character certainly won't go down easily. Maybe he is final boss level important.
Nice that someone is willing to play the villian. If noöne does that who will then push the story forward? And playing the villian can indeed be very fun and interesting. If I wasn't so new to this sandbox RP thing I might have tried to take on that role. Maybe I will do that if we do this again at some undefined point in the future.
Languages i speak fluently: Dansk, English
Languages i am studying: Deutsch, Español

احمکي ارش-ھجن
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by احمکي ارش-ھجن »

Yes, you make up what happens next.

Foolster41
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Foolster41 »

((OOC:
gufferdk wrote:Soo, have I understood the concept correct if I assume I then make up what happens then? Still not totally sure about how this works.
Yep, how does your character respond to this guy? We just go back and forth responding to what each other's characters do.
Nice that someone is willing to play the villian. If noöne does that who will then push the story forward?
Well, if no one would be the villain, I would have put a character to fill the role, or at least someone to cause conflict. Since your characters are outsiders I'm basically filling in as the characters of the city,
sort of playing the GM in that I'm creating "NPCs" to interact with. If you want someone from the city to fill some role, that you maybe knew I'd be glad to generate that character's name (for example since you're not as familiar with Salthan language and naming)

Also, I wasn't thinking how Kari's name sounds like Akari. This was a co-incidence, I picked a name from a list of Salthan names, (the name means "Beautiful") ))

---

Kari arrived at the council building. Called "the tower", which rests in the center of the city, and towers over the cityscape. It is surrounded by the
various diplomatic buildings. She went into the front desk. "Lesi, this girl here I think is a bit lost, but I don't
understand her language, and I don't think she speaks common."

Soon the interpreter arrived, and tried various languages without success. (Braydonian? Silvanian? Trahernian? No.)
Eventually one language got recognition.

"It's strange. I tried an old language of the Napaj ((I needed a name. :P)) over the sea, but it's a dialect I've never heard before,
almost like it's an offshoot of the language."

Kari was relieved to finally at least have some form of communication, even if a bit spotty from this difference, and so
talked to her, through interpretation.

"Is there anything we can help you with dear? My name is Kari Gishersorel. I am on the council."