Courses For Your Conlang

Substantial postings about constructed languages and constructed worlds in general. Good place to mention your own or evaluate someone else's. Put quick questions in C&C Quickies instead.
txmmj
Sanci
Sanci

Courses For Your Conlang

Post by txmmj »

Hi guys,

Do any of you use any programs or anything for your conlang to create a course? I've been wondering what it'd be like to make a course for my conlang in duolingo's format.

I read online some people have used memrise instead to do something similar, so I thought I'd give it a go, too, trying to emulate how duolingo does it. I think it's coming out pretty well so far, even though it's really basic. Has anyone ever tried this method or any other methods?

Here's the link to my course if you want to check it out at all: http://www.memrise.com/course/1037198/dosari-4/. I only have 3 lessons, which doesn't cover a lot. But it has multiple sentences and audio, and I tried to copy how duolingo might go about it as much as I could.

Let me know what you think or what you guys have done!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

snappdragon
Sanci
Sanci

Re: Courses For Your Conlang

Post by snappdragon »

Interesting. Personally I wouldn't go this route of just putting words and their meanings in front of them, but to each their own. Good luck.
~$ snappdragon
Linguistic novice, worldbuilding newbie. Also, wants to be a game developer.

Jonlang
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Jonlang »

I'd be interested to see a conlang version of the Say Something in Welsh format, which also has Latin, Cornish, Dutch, Spanish and Manx courses. It'd be a lot of work to put together though.
My conlangery Twitter: @Jonlang_
Me? I'm just a lawn-mower; you can tell me by the way I walk.

mèþru
Smeric
Smeric

Post by mèþru »

I've speculated on using Google Forms to create something like zompist's Verdurian practical course, but it was too complicated to figure out when I could use that same time to work more on the language. I might try again in the future.
ìtsanso, God In The Mountain, may our names inspire the deepest feelings of fear in urkos and all his ilk, for we have saved another man from his lies! I welcome back to the feast hall kal, who will never gamble again! May the eleven gods bless him!
kårroť

snappdragon
Sanci
Sanci

Post by snappdragon »

There needs to be a website or something that lets conlangers make entire courses to teach people their conlangs.

... Considering I'm also a computer nerd I'd make it, but I don't have anything I can use as a web server.

EDIT: Literally just Google searched "online course creator" and got a lot of results. Don't know which one to use though.
~$ snappdragon
Linguistic novice, worldbuilding newbie. Also, wants to be a game developer.