Eldrin

Substantial postings about constructed languages and constructed worlds in general. Good place to mention your own or evaluate someone else's. Put quick questions in C&C Quickies instead.
Durakken
Sanci
Sanci

Re: Eldrin

Post by Durakken »

Nachtuil,
The problem is that I'm not making it expressively one word order and I'm using 2...
OSV has the problem of (Noun Noun Verb). English we do "Him He Kills" in Eldrin it would be "He He Kill" or "Bob and Susan Bill Help" which is just confusing at times so by throwing in a indicator it solves the problem by explicitly saying where the Object ends and Subject begins. And since that's needed, why not make it work double duty and throw mood indication in there?

=======

mèþru,
It will probably end up looking something like this...
/m n b t d dʰ k ɡ f v θ s z d͡ʒ t͡ɕ ɹ l w/ <m n b t d d k g f v th s z j j r l w>
/i u ɪ e ə ɜ ɑ ɒ/ <i u i e e ur a o>
/ɪə eɪ oʊ iɑ aɪ/ <y ei o ia y>

Based on what I'm using right now, but that's obviously confusing. Also I left out cuz I don't know how you'd represent it here that some of these have 2 spellings like in english. For example /aɪ/ is written with an <y> and <ai> so far
That's more or less how I've been representing them down because as weird as it sounds that crazy way of doing it along with it is easier for me to remember the right sounds I want.
I'm either going to leave it as such or use some long/short marking like <o> means /ɒ/ and <oe> means /oʊ/, but I haven't thought it all the way through yet.

I basically go from the sound in my head to how I'd spell it from that sound then I convert the sound to the IPA and obviously since I'm working from and English phonology with influenced from Japanese the spelling I come up with that for me seems natural is weird when looked at ^.^

mèþru
Smeric
Smeric

Post by mèþru »

Durakken wrote:I don't know how you'd represent it here that some of these have 2 spellings like in english. For example /aɪ/ is written with an <y> and <ai> so far
I use this notation:
/aɪ/ <y~ai> if <y> is more common than <ai>, or /aɪ/ <ai~y> if <ai> is more common. If allophony is indicated /aɪ~ae/ <ai~y>, then <ai~y> might mean that the allophone [aɪ] is written as <ai> while the allophone [ae] is written as <y>. Some people use slashes, and some put elements in alphabetical order rather than frequency order. As you only have the basic phones of your phonemes listed, I guess that you aren't working on/concerned about allophony right now.
Durakken wrote:I basically go from the sound in my head to how I'd spell it from that sound then I convert the sound to the IPA and obviously since I'm working from and English phonology with influenced from Japanese the spelling I come up with that for me seems natural is weird when looked at ^.^
Generally, I try to familiarise myself with the IPA symbols correlating to a sound, write them down and then romanise it. I find this a good way of avoiding headaches if I need to make major changes to my orthography. Also, I don't see Japanese influence in your orthography.
ìtsanso, God In The Mountain, may our names inspire the deepest feelings of fear in urkos and all his ilk, for we have saved another man from his lies! I welcome back to the feast hall kal, who will never gamble again! May the eleven gods bless him!
kårroť

Nachtuil
Sanci
Sanci

Post by Nachtuil »

Durakken wrote:Nachtuil,
The problem is that I'm not making it expressively one word order and I'm using 2...
OSV has the problem of (Noun Noun Verb). English we do "Him He Kills" in Eldrin it would be "He He Kill" or "Bob and Susan Bill Help" which is just confusing at times so by throwing in a indicator it solves the problem by explicitly saying where the Object ends and Subject begins. And since that's needed, why not make it work double duty and throw mood indication in there?
Hmm... I don't know. You have nominative and accusative cases so he and him need never be confused - providing your pronouns inflect for case of course.
Like if your pronoun for he were "he" you could have "he" and "heke" to mean he and him and in theory could throw them in any order in relation to the verb and each other.
"heke he verb"
"he verb heke"
"verb heke he"
etc. :)

If you have three nouns/pronouns involved just make sure their roles are marked through case.
You could have "Bob, Susan and Billke", or "Bob Susanke and Billke" In the first it is clear that Bob and Susan are helping Bill. In the second it is clear Bob is helping Susan and Bill.

Edit: just to be clear, I have no objection to mood particles :)
Last edited by Nachtuil on Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mèþru
Smeric
Smeric

Post by mèþru »

In addition, the other cases can help mark other roles. This is, in fact, the purpose of marking case - to mark roles in the sentence without having special syntactic constructions for each case (which is what English uses).
ìtsanso, God In The Mountain, may our names inspire the deepest feelings of fear in urkos and all his ilk, for we have saved another man from his lies! I welcome back to the feast hall kal, who will never gamble again! May the eleven gods bless him!
kårroť

Durakken
Sanci
Sanci

Post by Durakken »

mèþru,
I'll take note of that if I write something like that again.

Alaphones, I will likely not be able to do that, just because I'm not informed enough and I don't plan to get informed enough ever to make those distinctions well, so it is probably best to leave them alone mostly.

I'll eventually learn them off the top of my head or be done with this before it happens ^.^
The Japanese influence is there in the "ai" vowel and some things I try to avoid being blunt with...

================

Nachtuil,

I don't see how using -ke multiple places is really good, but maybe I'm not understanding something right.
Also, using a participle system seems simple.

I mean "heke and sheke" having those like that seems like to me that it wouldn't sound right so "he and sheke" I'd think would be better, but If I'm doing that why not just separate it off? and move able... But then again if the case is supposed to be on all that stuff that wouldn't even make a differences?

Also we run into my understanding of transitvity again. the Accusative seems to only belong on transitive nouns... is this an issue?

mèþru
Smeric
Smeric

Post by mèþru »

The main use of an accusative case is marking the direct object, which only occurs with a transitive verb. A transitive verb must have a direct object, while intransitive verbs cannot have direct objects. Indirect objects (which would be marked with the dative case) can be used with both types.
kårroť

Nachtuil
Sanci
Sanci

Post by Nachtuil »

Well, for pronouns you might want to have pronouns declined for each case and not necessarily just add -ke.
Maybe it is hard to grasp quickly coming from English where we play fast and loose with our pronouns since word order and prepositions dominate the heavy semantic lifting instead of case. With English you might see people things like "Me and him went to the bar" or "John talked to Sue and I" instead of "He and I went to the bar" or "John talked to Sue and me".

In English you could in theory say "I spoke to him, her and them" (but you probably wouldn't) or "She, he and I spoke to him" (ditto). You can't do that with "it" and "you" of course since they no longer are distinguished at all between thematic roles.

I don't know if you're familiar with thematic roles or not but that is what things like word order, case, prepositions etc are used to designate. In nominative-accusative languages with case, the roles of "agent" and "experiencer" are both marked with the nominative case. These are commonly combined and thought of as the "subject" but there are at least two roles going on. Ergative-Absolutive languages do it differently but we can ignore that for our discussion.

I slept (I is experiencer. The verb in instransitive)
We ate. (we = experiencer. Verb is intransitive)

The "patient" is something acted on by an agent through a transitive verb.
I ate food (I is agent. verb is transitive. food is patient)
We looked at the dog. (We is agent, verb is transitive, the dog is the patient)
I put the book on the table. (I is agent, verb transitive, book the patient, the table is the location)

The point I am driving at here is that nominative case is for experiencer and agent role is nominative, the patient the accusative. In that last example you have the location, which in your language you might designate with the locative or perhaps dative case. If you took the book off the table, the table might be designated with the locative or perhaps the ablative. Cases are not strictly identical from language to language by the way.

Other thematic roles that your cases would presumably indicate.
Genitive designates origin or ownership role.
Instrumental indicates the instrument role.
Dative designate the recipient role, and perhaps the beneficiary.
Ablative may be used for origin too.

So basically, nominative is for subjects, accusative for direct objects, and indirect objects are usually one of the other cases.

Anyway, I REALLY hope I didn't just make things less clear..... It is highly possible as I just threw a bunch of new terms at you.
It'll be helpful to refer to this page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thematic_relation

So, if adding the case endings directly to your pronouns seems disagreeable you may consider having a bunch different ones with sound changes applied to them from ancient days that don't necessarily look connected.
Consider a pronoun "Sku"
Perhaps you'd have a series like this:
Nominative: Sku
Accusative: Skur
Genitive: Urski
Dative: Shen
Ablative: Asku
Locative: Skuras
Or even more wild looking.

Whatever you do will work if it works for you :) What I mean is that you should do whatever is comfortable for you.

Nachtuil
Sanci
Sanci

Post by Nachtuil »

If having an accusative case is weird there is no reason you can't just leave your agents, experiences and patients unmarked and let word order take care of things :)

Durakken
Sanci
Sanci

Post by Durakken »

Haven't forgot about this. Just busy learning on how to do 3D modeling to mod a game...

I'm not sure which way is better. I definitely think question words are probably better than a marking, but I do like the participle approach too for various things.

Nachtuil
Sanci
Sanci

Post by Nachtuil »

I look forward to future developments!

Durakken
Sanci
Sanci

Post by Durakken »

Ok here is what I'm thinking right now

indicative = The lack of any of the others indicates this mood
subjunctive = wa - participle comes before the verb effectively making this turn sentences from "he runs" to "he will run"
Optative = tɕi̯ɑlan - participle comes before the verb like the above tuns "he runs" to "he wishes to ran"
Imparitive = kin - suffix added to those who the order is directed add... changes "he runs" to "Run!"
Potential = sa - added at the end of sentence, the length of the time that the speaking holds the /a/ indicates the uncertainty
Hypothetical = ga - added at the end of sentence, the length of the time that the speaking holds the /a/ indicates the certainty
Inferential = indicated by tone
Interrogative = wə - prefix added to the appropriate part of speech to create the interrogative words, for example "/wətel/" might mean "where" where as "Who's home" might be said "/wətɕi̯ɑ/" or "/wəef doʊl/" or "/wəef tɕi̯ɑ/" or a number of ways I have not created words for yet"

conditional = not sure yet

mèþru
Smeric
Smeric

Post by mèþru »

That is a lot of mood distinctions for regular constructions. You might want to think of merging a lot of them. Also, if Inferrential is indicative + intonation (I presume you mean intonation rather tone, there is a difference between them in linguistics), then there should also be other mood_1 + intonation = mood_2 combinations.
kårroť

Durakken
Sanci
Sanci

Post by Durakken »

mèþru wrote:That is a lot of mood distinctions for regular constructions. You might want to think of merging a lot of them. Also, if Inferrential is indicative + intonation (I presume you mean intonation rather tone, there is a difference between them in linguistics), then there should also be other mood_1 + intonation = mood_2 combinations.
well subjunctive and Optative are more like words or verb modifiers
imparitive is more of honorific denoting that the speaker thinks they can order the subject around.
potential and hypothetical are opposites and more along the line of of "uhhhh" and those types of things. So they too would have intonations, but it is an absolute signifier with those on it. They'll probably be dropped as the language evolves into other languages.
And the interrogative is just an interesting way to form questions and will be nice to play with when evolving languages and cultures.

I don't think there is too many or this is very hard to keep straight in regular constructions, but I could be wrong. it just doesn't seem to be.

Durakken
Sanci
Sanci

Post by Durakken »

Here's pronouns...

I/Me (we plural) - oʊn
you (you plural) - voʊ
non-gendered third person - gwen
it - goʊ
female "mortal" thing (she) - sil
male "mortal" thing (he) - ɹel
non-gendered "mortal" 3rd person - ef
Female "spirit" thing (she) - lil
male "spirit" thing (he) - keɪn
non-gendered "spirit" 3rd person - eɪθ
Divine-female (she) - La
Divine-male (he) - Rac
non-gendered "deity" 3rd person - Don't know

I would start writing sentences but I have to rego over the grammatical cases again to get the right ones ^.^ Also I don't have a lot of verbs. There are only like 4 in the lexicon so far.

Durakken
Sanci
Sanci

Post by Durakken »

So I tried to translate the first 5 verses of the bible... I'm not sure how good I did. I am not very good with this stuff and the bible doesn't make it easy. It took me several hours to get this far ^.^

-----------------
In the start god made the land and sky
Emuhlu eliar luvt ret en telke
The land was formless and void. Darkness was above the form of the sea and the spirit of god moved on the water.
Tel nast nugon en kaos | Numyth nast surgonjir golin en aeth eliarin brumt survodajir
God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.
Eliar thav, "Nas mythke," en myth nast
God saw that the light was good. God divided the light from the darkness.
Eliar daet get mythke biav | Eliar brojokt mythsra numythlu
God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night” and that was the evening, and morning of the first day.
Eliar laivelt mythke "tog" en numythke rel laivelt "min" en get nast nissu en fiasuke eldra togin

--------------------
Here the words I had to add to my lexicon while doing this:

start = Emuh
3rd person deity = Eliar
nu- = prefix that negates the noun so "light" and "not light" or "darkness"
gon = form
nas = "be" verb
3rd person spirit = Eath
thav = say
saw = dae
that = get
good = biav
divide = brojok
call = laivel
day = tog
and = en
night = min
evening = nissu
morning = fiasu
above, on (top), over = sur- I'm not sure with this prefix... Don't know if I need it with the abblative case. It seems like you would need it at some point but not sure...

I'm thinking with the accusative case that it might be a good idea to add the -ke only to the last in the group and if you have multiple people to list, like "bob, mike, and jill" that is said "bob en mike en jill" with only jill takin the -ke.

Nachtuil
Sanci
Sanci

Post by Nachtuil »

You could have case marking be a clitic and be on the end of noun phrases. This is how the English " 's " works. It basically is a clitic for the genitive case. Like "the queen of England's jewels" or "the man that I saw yesterday's book". It just means you have a bit less freedom in word order.
Last edited by Nachtuil on Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nachtuil
Sanci
Sanci

Post by Nachtuil »

You could use Sur with other cases no problem. Ablative is normally away from something so with Sur it might mean "off of". Dative is often towards something (though sometimes for all indirect objects) so with Sur it might mean onto. With locative it could mean on.

Durakken
Sanci
Sanci

Post by Durakken »

Nachtuil wrote:You could have case marking be a clitic and be on the end of noun phrases. This is how the English " 's " works. It basically is a clitic for the genitive case. Like "the queen of England's jewels" or "the man that I saw yesterday's book". It just means you have a bit less freedom in word order.
I think that is what I'm going to do. It's pretty much what I'm already doing and I really don't see the benefit of having a completely random word order other than if you're trying to artistic rather than functional.
Nachtuil wrote:You could use Sur with other cases no problem. Ablative is normally away from something so with Sur it might mean "off of". Dative is often towards something (though sometimes for all indirect objects) so with Sur it might mean onto. With locative it could mean on.
So, abblative is away, Dative is to, and locative is static?

I'm having a slight issue that you guys might pick up that this way of creating a lexicon I'm using similar ideas for words so I'm using the same type of thinking and such which is producing quite similar sounds. Should I just use a random word generator for when I need a new word?

Nachtuil
Sanci
Sanci

Post by Nachtuil »

I definitely wouldn't call it random as there are functional benefits to having some nonconfiguratiinality. Like you can give prominence to different aspects of a sentence and avoid needing to develop some voices. The path you take is fine too though.

Yeah a random generator can be a god send. You should consider using "awkwords". It even allows you to have some control over your phonotactics so that you get words to follow the patterns you want. :)

Nachtuil
Sanci
Sanci

Post by Nachtuil »

Also yea basically. That is the dative, ablative, locative split as I propose it to you. In the context of the three being there that to me seems a plausible breakdown. Cases don't have universal meanings that every language strictly adheres to. Some languages have a dative only for indirect objects and use other prepositions to show movement or might encode it on the verb. Cases can play many different roles in the same language as well. Like you might construct a passive by having a accusative patient and an instrumental agent instead of a normal nominative agent and accusative patient.

Durakken
Sanci
Sanci

Post by Durakken »

So I changed some of the first 5 verses and did 10 more...

Emuhlu feleliar luvt tel en retke
The land was formless and void. Darkness was above the form of the sea and the spirit of god moved on the waters.
Tel nast nugon en kaos | Felnumyth nast surgonjir golin en aeth feleliarin brumt surfelvodajir
Feleliar thav, "Nas felmythke," en felmyth nast
Feleliar daet get felmythke biav | Feleliar brojokt felmythsra felnumythlu
God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night” and that was the evening and morning of the first day.
Feleliar laivelt felmythke "tog" en felnumythke rel laivelt "min" en get nast nissu en fiasuke eldra togin
God said, “Let there be a barrier in the midst of the waters, dividing the waters from the waters.”
Feleliar thav, "Nas imovike gindallu felvodin brojoksu dravoda dravodajir"
God made the barrier and divided the waters that are under the barrier from the waters above the barrier and it was so.
Feleliar luvt imovike en brojokt felvodake get nas barimovijir dravodake surimovijir en go nast eth
God called the barrier “sky” and that was the evening and morning of the first day.
Feleliar laivelt imovike "ret" en get nast nissu en fiasuke andra togin
God said, “Gather the waters under the sky in one place, and allow see the dry ground” And it was so.
Feleliar thav, "Wekom dravodake barretjir el uzlu en kozarn goduh dir telke" en go nast eth
God called the dry ground “land,” and the gathered waters he called “seas.” and saw that it was good.
Feleliar laivelt dir telke "tel" en wekomt dravodake rac laivelt "gol" en daet get go nast biav
God said, "Land, sprout plants on the land; herbs and trees that produce fruit with seeds" and it was so.
Feleliar thav, "Tel, kidwen felbaethke teljir; gwirnth en felwidke get tenul widglain jenlu," en go nast eth
The land sprouted plants; herbs and trees that produce fruit with seeds; and God saw that it was good.
Tel kidwent felbaethke; gwirnth en felwidke get tenul widglain jenlu; en feleliar daet get go nast biav
That was the evening and morning of the third day.
Get nast nissu en fiasuke deldra togin
God said, “Let there be lights in the barrier of the sky to separate the day from the night, become signs for seasons, days, and years
Feleliar thav, "Nas dramythke imovilu retin es brojok togke minsra en luhna dragenke felxukeglu en feltoglu en felwynlu
, and become lights in the barrier of the sky to give light on the earth.” And it was so.
en luhna dramythke imovilu retin es kiaz mythke teljir" en go nast eth

------------

New words...

Let = kozarn
Appear = goduh
Become = luhna
Fruit = widglaen
Gather = wekom
Give = kiaz
Herb = gwirnth
Middle = gindal
Plant = baeth
Produce = tenul
Season = xukeg
Seed = jen
Sign = gen
Sprout = kidwen
Year = wyn
thus, then, so = eth
under / beneath / below = bar-

--------------------------

Verse 11 was insane which went through several iterations, trying to make the english translation from hebrew to make sense before translating to Eldrin... please tell me what you think of these translations. I'm not sure on a lot of it.

mèþru
Smeric
Smeric

Post by mèþru »

You shouldn't generate a new word every time you need one. Words that have similar meanings are usually created by adding an affix, like "rubber" and "rubbery" or by using phrases. Idioms can serve as an extension of the latter. A good random generator for simple phonotactics is zompist's gen (http://www.zompist.com/gen.html), which I find easy to use and grasp. In addition, a lot of users are likely to be familiar with it and be able to help you use it.
kårroť

Nachtuil
Sanci
Sanci

Post by Nachtuil »

I will take a look when I can as it will be just as time intensive for me :)

Durakken
Sanci
Sanci

Post by Durakken »

Finished the entire first chapter of Genesis ^.^
Also to help I put a dash into the translation. I am using notepad++ and those lines are indented to help me see the difference, but that gets erased when I copy paste.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Emuhlu feleliar luvt tel en retke
The land was formless and void. Darkness was above the form of the sea and the spirit of god moved on the waters.
- Tel nast nugon en kaos | Felnumyth nast surgonjir golin en aeth feleliarin brumt surfelvodajir
- Feleliar thavt, "Nas felmythke," en felmyth nast
- Feleliar daet get felmythke biav | Feleliar brojokt felmythsra felnumythlu
God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night” and that was the evening and morning of the first day.
- Feleliar laivelt felmythke "tog" en felnumythke rel laivelt "min" en get nast nissu en fiasuke eldra togin
God said, “Let there be a barrier in the midst of the waters, dividing the waters from the waters.”
- Feleliar thavt, "Nas imovike gindallu felvodin brojoksu dravoda dravodajir"
God made the barrier and divided the waters that are under the barrier from the waters above the barrier and it was so.
- Feleliar luvt imovike en brojokt felvodake get nas barimovijir dravodake surimovijir en go nast eth
God called the barrier “sky” and that was the evening and morning of the first day.
- Feleliar laivelt imovike "ret" en get nast nissu en fiasuke andra togin
God said, “Gather the waters under the sky in one place, and allow see the dry ground” And it was so.
- Feleliar thavt, "Wekom dravodake barretjir el uzlu en kozarn goduh dir telke" en go nast eth
God called the dry ground “land,” and the gathered waters he called “seas.” and saw that it was good.
- Feleliar laivelt dir telke "tel" en wekomt dravodake rac laivelt "gol" en daet get go nast biav
God said, "Land, sprout plants on the land; herbs and trees that produce fruit with seeds" and it was so.
- Feleliar thavt, "Tel, kidwen felbaethke teljir; gwirnth en felwidke get tenul widglain jenlu," en go nast eth
The land sprouted plants; herbs and trees that produce fruit with seeds; and God saw that it was good.
- Tel kidwent felbaethke; gwirnth en felwidke get tenul widglain jenlu; en feleliar daet get go nast biav
That was the evening and morning of the third day.
- Get nast nissu en fiasuke deldra togin
God said, “Let there be lights in the barrier of the sky to separate the day from the night, become signs for seasons, days, and years
- Feleliar thavt, "Nas dramythke imovilu retin es brojok togke minsra en luhna dragenke felxukeglu en feltoglu en felwynlu
, and become lights in the barrier of the sky to give light on the earth.” And it was so.
- en luhna dramythke imovilu retin es kiaz mythke teljir" en go nast eth
God made the stars and two great lights; the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night.
- Feleliar luvt felnai en thof anmythke; ethof myth es dirnd togke en ethtloms myth es dirnd minke
God set them in the barrier of the sky to give light on the earth,
- Felelier trilnt felgwenke imovilu retin es kiaz mythke teljir
to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God saw that it was good.
- Es dirnd tog en minke en es brojok felmythsra felnumythlu en feleliar daet get go nast biav
That was the evening and morning of the fourth day.
- Get nast nissu en fiasuke naedra togin
God said, “Fill the waters with living creatures and the barrier of the sky above the land with birds that fly.”
- Feleliar thavt, "Dhwont dravodake rathsu xniflu en imovilu retin surteljir felbyslu get vlen"
God created great monsters and every type of living creature that fills the water and every type of winged bird and god saw that it was good.
- Feleliar luvt thof taelbxrol en felreths rathsu xniflu get dhwon dravoda en felreths fwelsu felbyske en feleliar daet get go nast biav
God blessed them and saying, "Produce more and fill the water in the seas and birds on the earth.”
- Feleliar dhwaemt gwenke thavsu, "Tenul koombke en dhwon vodake felgolu en bys teljir"
That was the evening and morning of the fifth day.
- Get nast nissu en fiasuke tivdra togin
God said, “Fill the land with every type of living creature; the livestock, the creeping things, and the beasts of the earth,” and it was so.
- Feleliar thavt, "Dhwont feltelke felreths rathsu xniflu; firdhzet, grylfsu dradyr, en drabrianske telin en go nast eth
God made every type of beast, livestock, and thing that creeps on the earth and God saw that it was good.
- Feleliar luvt felreths brians en firdhzet en dyrke get grylf teljir en felelier daet get go nast biav
God said, “Make man like our form, to govern fish of the sea, the birds of the sky, the livestock, all the earth, and all that creeps on the earth”
- Feleliar thavt, "Luv felefke feleliar gonlu es dirnd strilm golin en bys retin en firdhzet en fel en felgrylfke teljir"
God created man in the form of God; male and female, he created them.
- Feleliar luvt efke gonlu feleliarin; dhoj en fwimke, Feleliar luvt gwenke
God blessed them and said to them, “Peoduce more and fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”
- Feleliar dhwaemt gwenke en thavt gwenlu. "Tenul koombke en Dhwon felke en luvbar goke. Dirnd surstrilm golu en bys retlu en rathsu felxniflu get brum teljir"
God said, “Look, I give every herb on the form the earth and every tree that produces fruit with seeds to you for food.
- Feleliar thavt, "Skes felon kiaz felgwirnth gonjir en felwidke get tenul widglain jenlu felvolu gwuthlu
And every beasts of the earth and every bird of the sky and every thing that moves on the earth that is living, I give every green plant for food,” And it was so.
- en felbrians feltelin en felbys retin en dradyrke get brum teljir get nas rathsu felon kiaz sreeth felbaethke gwuthlu," en go nas eth
God saw all that they had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the sixth day.
- Feleliar daet feldyr get feleliar luvt en go nas ethbiav | Get nast nissu en fiasuke siafdra togin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More words yay... This brings my lexicon up to around 120 words

θɒf - thof - great
eθɒf - ethof - greater
kumb - koomb - more
dɜndh - dirnd - Govern
stɪlm - strilm - fish
gɹɪəlf - grylf - creep
naɪ - stars
tloʊms - tloms - less
eθtloʊms - ethtloms - lesser
tɹɪln - triln - put
neɪ - nae - Four
dhwɒnt - dhwont - teem
dɪər - dyr - thing
ɹɑθ - rath - live
tɕnɪf - xnif - creature
baɪs - bys - bird
vlen - vlen - fly
fwel - fwel - wing
ɹeθs - reths - reths
teɪlbtɕɹɒl - taelbxrol
dhweɪm - dhwaem - bless
tɪv - tiv - five
bɹi̯ɑns - brians - beast
fɜdhzet - firdhzet - livestock
dhɒdʒ - dhoj - male
fwɪm - fwim - female
luvbar - luvbar - subdue
skes - skes - "look" interjection
gwəθ - gwuth - food
sem - sem - black
vɪlb - vilb - white
wɑlf - walf - red
sɹiθ - sreeth - green
si̯ɑf - siaf - six
Last edited by Durakken on Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Durakken
Sanci
Sanci

Post by Durakken »

Decided to make it a bit easier to reference the lexicon and put it in a google sheets file to share...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing