Eldruhin Mk2

Substantial postings about constructed languages and constructed worlds in general. Good place to mention your own or evaluate someone else's. Put quick questions in C&C Quickies instead.
Durakken
Sanci
Sanci

Eldruhin Mk2

Post by Durakken »

Ok, starting 2nd thread, because I think the choices I've made have significantly changed the language I'm working on enough that it can be considered different...
Previous thread link: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=44505

Eldruhin...
is an SOV language.
places genitives after the noun.
places adjectives and adverbs before the respective part.

= Inventory & Orthography =

Consonants
/m n b t d dh k g f v θ s z dʒ tɕ ɹ l w/
<m n b t d dh k g f v th s z j x r l w>

Monopthongs
/i u ɪ e ə ɜ æ ɑ/
<ee u i e uh eh a o>

Dipthongs
/ɪə eɪ oʊ i̯ɑ aɪ/
<y ei oh ia ai>

= Phonotactics =
1. (c)(c)v(c)(c)(c) - last consonant is for modifier suffixes only.
2. All consonants can be used in the onset
3. /w/ and /tɕ/ cant be used in the Coda
4. All vowels can be used for the nucleus

Clusters

Onset Cluster List (May change, but doubtful)
Simplified Coda Cluster List
Complete Coda Cluster List (Outdated)

= Lexicon =

Current Lexicon
This is the complete list of words I have currently, and while it is fairly static, there are some choices I made before that I am changing now simply cuz the word doesn't sound nice. There are about 300 words.
This also include grammatic bits which I didn't know if they belong in a lexicon or in some other area. Regardless it is convenient to have them in there.

Words with Red backing means the word doesn't exist anymore or possibly shouldn't... I'm not certain.
Words with Orange backing means the word is a form of another word that is done by an adfix and I think might be more appropriate for them not to be in the lexicon... for example "1" modified to "first" by adding "druh" to "el" and all similar words are made the same way so doesn't really make sense to have them both listed.

And here are the rules that do that, which I don't know where to place so I'll place here...
1. Adjective or Noun turned into a Verb = add n to the end
2. Verb turned into a Noun = add l to the end
3. Noun turned into an Adjective = add iaz to the end

= Structural Order =

Sentence Structure Order : [Subject] [Indirect Object] [Direct Object] [Verb]
Noun Phrase Order : [Adjective] [Noun] [Possessive] [Adpositional Phrase] [Complementizer]
Verb Phrase Order : [Adverb] [Verb] [Copula] [Adpositional Phrase] [Complementizer]
Adjective Phrase Order : [Adjective Adjective?] [Adjective]
Adpositional Phrase Order : [Noun] [Preposition?]

------------------------------------------------------------------

Now... I need some help. I translated the Japanese Creation Myth (or the first part of it) from English to this Language and I think I got it fairly well done, but can someone go over it and see if I got it right...

= Original text =
Long ago, all the elements were mixed together with one germ of life.
This germ began to mix things around and around until the heavier part sank and the lighter part rose.
A muddy sea that covered the entire earth was created.
From this ocean grew a green shoot.
It grew and grew until it reached the clouds and there it was tranformed into a god.
Soon this god grew lonely and it began to create other gods.
The last two gods it made, Izanagi and Izanami, were the most remarkable.
One day as they were walking along they looked down on the ocean and wondered what was beneath it.
Izanagi thrust his staff into the waters and as he pulled it back up some clumps of mud fell back into the sea.
They began to harden and grow until they became the islands of Japan.
The two descended to these islands and began to explore, each going in different directions.
They created all kinds of plants.
When they met again they decided to marry and have children to inhabit the land.
The first child Izanami bore was a girl of radiant beauty.
The gods decided she was too beautiful to live in Japan, so they put her up in the sky and she became the sun.
Their second daughter, Tsuki-yami, became the moon and their third and unruly son, Sosano-wo, was sentenced to the sea, where he creates storms.
Later, their first child, Amaterasu, bore a son who became the emperor of Japan and all the emperors since then have claimed descent from him.

Translated Text