Thoughts on Language Family Tree (PDF Attached)

Substantial postings about constructed languages and constructed worlds in general. Good place to mention your own or evaluate someone else's. Put quick questions in C&C Quickies instead.
snappdragon
Sanci
Sanci

Thoughts on Language Family Tree (PDF Attached)

Post by snappdragon »

So, as I am wrapping up the creation of Proto-Haethic's grammar (still have to do Pragmatics and the Lexicon (and maybe Semantics)), I decided to figure out how exactly Proto-Haethic turns into the Haethic Language Family. And so I have went and used an online tool called LaTreeX (a LaTeX-based Tree Diagram Creator) to create a tree of the language family.

A few explanations of things that I know people will ask about:
  • The ?s are placeholders until I can figure out names for the languages. I used multiple ?s in a good bit to say "this is a different language".
  • "Classical ??" is my little nod to Greek.
  • The language that splits off into three others is my nod to the Romance languages.
  • I didn't paste it in as a picture because I closed the LaTreeX tab and didn't download the LaTeX source. Oops.
(I was going to attach the pdf, but "The extension pdf is not allowed.") Here's the PDF on Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByOKh8 ... sp=sharing
~$ snappdragon
Linguistic novice, worldbuilding newbie. Also, wants to be a game developer.

Chuma
Avisaru
Avisaru

Re: Thoughts on Language Family Tree (PDF Attached)

Post by Chuma »

Sure, I guess? I mean, it's a pretty generic tree.

Didn't any of them die out?