Gender and (con)language phonology...

Substantial postings about constructed languages and constructed worlds in general. Good place to mention your own or evaluate someone else's. Put quick questions in C&C Quickies instead.
Axiem
Avisaru
Avisaru

Re: Gender and (con)language phonology...

Post by Axiem »

To be fair, I considered them a troll pretty early on; that statement was just further decoration on the icing that was already on the cake.

xxx
Lebom
Lebom

Post by xxx »

Salmoneus wrote:
Aili Meilani wrote:[I think it's best to just treat 'xxx' as an experimental piece of automated software.
I like this idea... Algorithm is the new untermensch...
Let's focus on Laadan gender phonology design...

kuroda
Lebom
Lebom

Post by kuroda »

At one point, I did introduce into a couple Siberian conlangs of mine the existence of phonetic variation based on speakers' sex, but never really did much with it. I threw it in there because it seemed like a cool areal feature, and one which could plausibly (on sociolinguistic/historical grounds) appear in my bogolangs -- but, basically, I'm just not that interested in phonology, and never did come back and do anything with the idea.

However, it is true that I'm an anti-gender ideologue -- in a Marxist feminist / radical feminist strain -- and thus my dabbling in these matters may also be unacceptable...
CONLANG Code: C:S/G v1.1 !lafh+>x cN:L:S:G a+ x:0 n4d:2d !B A--- E-- L--- N0 Id/s/v/c k- ia--@:+ p+ s+@ m-- o+ P--- S++ Neo-Khitanese