Seahorses, I Love 'Em (& other Links of Interest)

Discussions worth keeping around later.
TomHChappell
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by TomHChappell »

Last edited by TomHChappell on Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blackhand
Sanci
Sanci

Post by Blackhand »

langover94 wrote:I keep wondering why the US wants to support Georgia more than Russia.

I mean, I know that they're both our allies, and that Georgia is a pro-western and pro-nato country, but aren't the Russians the ones who have the nukes? It seems like IMO, if we ever got in another war (God forbid), you would definitely want to be on the Russian side.

However, there may just be some other reason that I'm not seeing here. What do you think?
Habits from the Cold War die hard. If they ever die at all. People who grew up hearing about the Red Menace and brinksmanship, get into government, hear that Russia's 'changed', then they see it use a flimsy excuse to squash a neighboring country, which happens to be pro-American.
[quote]<Maknas> Run around the Arizona desert with a gun and claim you're fighting Al-Qaeda, that'll definitely make you known.[/quote]

Raphael
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Raphael »

did you send enough shit to guarantee victory?

-
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by - »

Oh THAT'S why I was on hiatus. Right. Hiatus Mode re-engaged.

Ulrike Meinhof
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Ulrike Meinhof »

Attention, je pelote !

Legros
Sanci
Sanci

Post by Legros »

Shm Jay wrote:I’d like to teach the world to sing.

Probably only gsandi and Legros really remember this, though. Maybe Legros even bought the record. No, it’s the exact opposite of realpolitik.
Amazing. I bought the record in 1972, in Germany. I was 15 and vacationing there :)
[url=http://perso.orange.fr/saiwosh/man.html]Mansquatchie[/url], a Parallel World where cyborgs rule.

Delthayre
Lebom
Lebom

Like "The Producers", but for reals

Post by Delthayre »

I don't think that anyone cares about Disaster Movie, but if you want to know what it's about, you can learn the horrible truth by reading this synopsis of it.

An essentially representative sample is the following:
Three hideously disturbing Chipmunks puppets appear on a nearby crate and sing “We Wish You a Merry Christmas.” They follow up with a song about boogying down, and finish with a death metal song, complete with headbanging and growly voices. The chipmunks start frothing at the mouth from rabies, and they leap at the cast. One chomps on to Will’s balls, another gets Calvin’s neck, and a third chases Juney while yelling “redrum!” Eventually all three get flung airborne. They tackle Juney to a crate and eat her spine. Seriously, you can even see the bone. The pregnant woman and her baby are eaten back-to-front by rabid chipmunks, while the rest of the cast just sort of wander away.
I didn't go to see it in theaters, but I still feel as though I should get my money back.

I suppose we should anticipate a collaboration between Frieberg, Seltzer and Uwe Boll on Video Game Movie, which would have to premiere on December 22nd, 2012.
Last edited by Delthayre on Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Great men are almost always bad men."
~Lord John Dalberg Acton

Tarasoriku
Sanci
Sanci

Re: Like "The Producers", but for reals

Post by Tarasoriku »

Delthayre wrote:I don't think that anyone cares about Disaster Movie, but if you want to know what it's about, you can learn the horrible truth by reading this synopsis of it.
Wow, $25 million budget? Troma films accomplish the same thing for the cost of the 8-ball you'll need to find it entertaining.
[quote="Pthug"]oh shit you just called black people in britain "african-americans"
my
god[/quote]

Linnunhammas
Niš
Niš

Post by Linnunhammas »

This movie...... its real? I'm having a tough time believing that it is.

Delthayre
Lebom
Lebom

A bounty of links

Post by Delthayre »

Linnunhammas wrote:This movie...... its real? I'm having a tough time believing that it is.
Disaster Movie is not only real, but in theaters now and the most recent installment in a series of unfathomably awful films written by the same two idiots.
Last edited by Delthayre on Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Lord John Dalberg Acton

Linnunhammas
Niš
Niš

Post by Linnunhammas »

I'm speechless, well nearly. This is the kind of crap you see going "straight to DVD!", the fact that this is in theatres means that someone actually thought that people would want to watch this. And that just insulting, in a way, being a person myself.

Tarasoriku
Sanci
Sanci

Post by Tarasoriku »

Linnunhammas wrote:I'm speechless, well nearly. This is the kind of crap you see going "straight to DVD!", the fact that this is in theatres means that someone actually thought that people would want to watch this. And that just insulting, in a way, being a person myself.
The ones going straight to DVD are the ones actually trying. The reality is there's a whole genre of shock films out there, all of them a waste of time and energy. It's Dada.
[quote="Pthug"]oh shit you just called black people in britain "african-americans"
my
god[/quote]

ratammer
Sanci
Sanci

Post by ratammer »

Dingbats wrote:http://www.blackpeopleloveus.com - hilarious
Someone on that site wrote:Sally always says things that make me feel special, like: "You're so cool, you're different, you're not like other Black people!"
Well, after that, not many black people will love them...

Risla
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Risla »

Vladimir Putin saves a TV crew from a tiger. Regardless of one's opinions of him, I think this earns him a spot on the list of Badass World Leaders.

-
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by - »

Eccentric Iconoclast wrote:Vladimir Putin saves a TV crew from a tiger. Regardless of one's opinions of him, I think this earns him a spot on the list of Badass World Leaders.
In related news: Dick Cheney and George W. Bush simultaneously wet pants with envy.

Delthayre
Lebom
Lebom

To say nthing of his judo skills

Post by Delthayre »

ils wrote:
Eccentric Iconoclast wrote:Vladimir Putin saves a TV crew from a tiger. Regardless of one's opinions of him, I think this earns him a spot on the list of Badass World Leaders.
In related news: Dick Cheney and George W. Bush simultaneously wet pants with envy.
Damn it! Now Dick Cheney will have to shoot at least a half dozen old men in the face and George Bush will have to clear brush with a flamethrower in air strikes bearing incendiary bombs, or the United States of America will look like a lot of wusses.

There is one undeniable advantage to Sarah Palin over Joseph Biden: If needed, Sarah Palin will shoot something dead~!
~Lord John Dalberg Acton

langover94
Sanci
Sanci

Post by langover94 »

DELETED: WRONG THREAD.
"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light."

Economic Left/Right: -4.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.87

Tarasoriku
Sanci
Sanci

Re: To say nthing of his judo skills

Post by Tarasoriku »

Delthayre wrote:There is one undeniable advantage to Sarah Palin over Joseph Biden: If needed, Sarah Palin will shoot something dead~!
It would have been a disaster on par with Cheney if the animal had died, if you see the bit on environmentalism. It was a tranquilizer gun.

Btw, why did he happen to be holding a tranquilizer gun?

Btw, why are we believing a story coming out of Russia positive about Putin when so many negative things about the government are squelched?
my
god[/quote]

-
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by - »

Are you saying that whole Putin thing could have been staged?! Why, that's shocking!

Jesus is Ska-rrific! Unintentionally ridiculous Seventies video + painfully earnest Christian rock = WIN.

A very involved Herringbone ad: Little Hands.

langover94
Sanci
Sanci

Post by langover94 »

Jesus is Ska-rrific! Unintentionally ridiculous Seventies video + painfully earnest Christian rock = WIN.
AHH! MY EARS!!! THEY BLEED!!!!

But seriously, I have this thing where ska music has to sound Carribean. I think that the only band that ever made ska sound non-Carribean and good was No Doubt.
"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light."

Economic Left/Right: -4.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.87

Xephyr
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Xephyr »

Tarasoriku wrote:
Linnunhammas wrote:I'm speechless, well nearly. This is the kind of crap you see going "straight to DVD!", the fact that this is in theatres means that someone actually thought that people would want to watch this. And that just insulting, in a way, being a person myself.
The ones going straight to DVD are the ones actually trying. The reality is there's a whole genre of shock films out there, all of them a waste of time and energy. It's Dada.
Oh, boy, don't get me started on Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer. I'm not gonna try to think of any derogatory and horrific insult I can give to them, because it would break my heart to think that my beloved mother tongue English contained the level of vulgarity capable of adequately expressing just what kinds of subhuman shitsmeared cumstains those two idiots are. What also bothers me is when people confuse bad comedies like, say, films by The Wayans Brothers, Tom Green, some of the worser Martin Lawrence films, etc, with the kinds of films that Friedberg and Seltzer make-- either if they're the kind of people who usually like the former movies and think they'll like the latter (from what I've seen, they don't), or if they're people who for better or worse consider themselves above the level of either kinds of movies and who think that Meet the Spartans is no less worthy of their viewing than Little Man. But make no mistake-- they're on a whole different level.

Also: I find it hilarious how "Jason Friedberg" on Wikipedia just redirects to "Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer".

EDIT: Oh, and do note that some of the movies being "spoofed" in Disaster Movie weren't even *out* yet when they made the film. They weren't even out yet when the trailer was released! "From the guys who've seen way too many movies" indeed...
"It will not come by waiting for it. It will not be said, 'Here it is,' or 'There it is.' Rather, the Kingdom of the Father is spread out upon the earth, and men do not see it."
The Gospel of Thomas

Linnunhammas
Niš
Niš

Post by Linnunhammas »

Is the bloke with the orange guitar wearing blue shoes, or performing in his socks? Hes silly either way.
Conlanging at the speed of a glacier, but without the looming unstoppability of one.

-
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by - »

Theory of Everything Comics. Pretty brilliant stuff. I particularly recommend this one.

Ketumak
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Ketumak »

Worried about falling house prices? Worried about global warming?

Here's: the sea level rise map Your guide to where not to live to avoid flooding.

Tab through to the map of your choice, then navigate as per Google Maps with the arrows, and zoom in and out with the plus and minus buttons. Input a sea-level rise and watch the map adjust!

It is only indicative though - follow the link in the small print to read up on the assumptions behind the map.

ratammer
Sanci
Sanci

Post by ratammer »

ils wrote:I particularly recommend this one.
That's really good!