ZBB member photos, part 5. (Something for the weekend, sir?)

Discussions worth keeping around later.
rickardspaghetti
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by rickardspaghetti »

Qwynegold wrote:
Ivo wrote:
Torco wrote:Who drinks energy drinks without alcohol??

pisco and redbull is win
Vodka redbull plz
Yay, and then you can mix some medicine with it!
I happen to have a friend I could ask for that! :D
そうだ。死んでいる人も勃起することが出来る。
俺はその証だ。

finlay
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by finlay »

Yiuel wrote:Never had pimples.

:D
Me neither... except the odd one every couple of years. Doesn't really count though.

And now I can grow a proper beard (which is said to add 2 years to my perceived age, lol), and don't need to shave for like 2/3 days usually. (I only grow a goatee, the rest gets shaven)

Yiuel Raumbesrairc
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Yiuel Raumbesrairc »

finlay wrote:

Me neither... except the odd one every couple of years. Doesn't really count though.

And now I can grow a proper beard (which is said to add 2 years to my perceived age, lol), and don't need to shave for like 2/3 days usually. (I only grow a goatee, the rest gets shaven)
Me + beard = Me + 10 years older

(I then look like a brother to my father. Which tells a lot, since we have 31 years seperating us.)
"Ez amnar o amnar e cauč."
- Daneydzaus

rickardspaghetti
Avisaru
Avisaru

Yiuel wrote:
finlay wrote:

(I then look like a brother to my father. Which tells a lot, since we have 31 years seperating us.)
My dad's also 31 years older than I! :o
そうだ。死んでいる人も勃起することが出来る。
俺はその証だ。

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

rickardspaghetti wrote:
Yiuel wrote:
finlay wrote:

My dad's also 31 years older than I! :o
Mine is precisely 30 years older than I... like we were born on the same day xD

And yeah, I look like a schoolkid when I shave
I only shave when it itches
*goes shave his face*

vampireshark
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by vampireshark »

My father's just over 31 years older than I. He's 51, and I turn 20 in about... three weeks (shit!).

I don't shave, though, which probably contributed to why all of you said I looked early- to mid-20s. That day, though, was after I didn't get asked for ID (for the fourth or fifth consecutive alcohol purchase) at a place with a policy of ID'ing people who look under 25. And I've also been approached by NSPCC people who don't solicit donations from anyone under 20, and they've been rather surprised to hear that I am, in fact, 19, at least for a bit longer.
What do you see in the night?

In search of victims subjects to appear on banknotes. Inquire within.

Rui
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Rui »

Torco wrote:Mine is precisely 30 years older than I... like we were born on the same day xD
Hehe, I was born on my mom's birthday! Awesome day for her, no doubt haha. Except she was 38 (yeah, she had to get all those tests and stuff to see if I had Down's syndrome and stuff....), and my dad was 39. Yeah I have old relatives, my mom's dad was 82 years older than me (well that just goes to show that if my mom was 38 years older, he had her when he was 44!), and my dad's dad was 70-something years older than me.

As for facial hair, I didn't start regluarly shaving until a few months ago, and even then it only grows on my chin...I normally don't even use shaving cream or anything when I shave, just water+razor (it actually doesn't hurt at all). Although my dad died before I ever needed to "learn how to" shave, so I never really did "learn", just kind of made up my own way of doing it. And I look younger than my age anyway, so if I grew a beard for the sole purpose of trying to look older (to buy alcohol, because why else would a 19-year-old need to look older in the USA? :P), I would just look like I was underage and trying to look overage.

finlay
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by finlay »

vampireshark wrote:a place with a policy of ID'ing people who look under 25.
this is bullshit and i hate it. it's only the supermarkets that do it and it only changed to 25, from 21, a couple of years ago. in practice they actually use their better judgement anyway.

Morrígan
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Morrígan »

finlay wrote:
this is bullshit and i hate it. it's only the supermarkets that do it and it only changed to 25, from 21, a couple of years ago. in practice they actually use their better judgement anyway.
Beats having to ID people who look "under 40".

Nortaneous
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Nortaneous »

I wish I could grow a half-decent mustache. Mostly for the purposes of buying alcohol, but...
Siöö jandeng raiglin zåbei tandiüłåd;
nää džunnfin kukuch vklaivei sivei tåd.
Chei. Chei. Chei. Chei. Chei. Chei. Chei.

popisfizzy
Niš
Niš

Post by popisfizzy »

Here's two pictures I just took as an example of a quirk of my hair I noticed fairly recently.

Those blonder streaks? They aren't a trick of the light or camera. They show up more prominently on my webcam for whatever reason, but they're naturally like that. I have exactly zero idea why.

Also, I'm a long-haired hippie bastard. Might have to get it trimmed in the next few months, maybe.

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

You look like arthas from Warcraft3

tron cat
Sanci
Sanci

Post by tron cat »

Popisfizzy wrote:Those blonder streaks? They aren't a trick of the light or camera. They show up more prominently on my webcam for whatever reason, but they're naturally like that. I have exactly zero idea why.
I used to have that. Turned out my acne treatment was just bleaching my hair.

popisfizzy
Niš
Niš

Post by popisfizzy »

weldingfish wrote:I used to have that. Turned out my acne treatment was just bleaching my hair.
I doubt it's that. I don't have terribly-bad acne, and I only occasionally apply any sort of acne treatment (maybe once every few weeks at most). Even then, normally my hair is in a ponytail and the parts of my hair that are like that wouldn't be in contact with it.

Cockroach
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Cockroach »

Popisfizzy wrote:Here's two pictures I just took as an example of a quirk of my hair I noticed fairly recently.

Those blonder streaks? They aren't a trick of the light or camera. They show up more prominently on my webcam for whatever reason, but they're naturally like that. I have exactly zero idea why.

Also, I'm a long-haired hippie bastard. Might have to get it trimmed in the next few months, maybe.
NOOOOOO!!!! Stay with us long haired brother! Together we can conquer the world!

I used to wish I had straight hair, but then I learned to love what I had naturally. I've had long hair for 4.5 years now and it only gets better and better.

Gulliver
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Gulliver »

My newest favourite photo of me.

Terra
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Terra »

Now that's just plain dangerous.
Please forgive such people. They never know when their supervisors are watching, and they can be fired for skipping checking an ID even once. I worked such a job before...

Radius Solis
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Radius Solis »

Worse still, I've run across gas stations (Circle K, in Arizona) where you can't buy tobacco or alcohol without ID no matter what age you are: the computer won't process the purchase unless a state DL/ID number is entered! So even if you have a long gray beard, or even if you have been to the same store forty thousand times and the cashiers have all seen your ID, they still have to ask for it each time. And it's not their personal fault but the store's.

Terra
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Terra »

Worse still, I've run across gas stations (Circle K, in Arizona) where you can't buy tobacco or alcohol without ID no matter what age you are: the computer won't process the purchase unless a state DL/ID number is entered! So even if you have a long gray beard, or even if you have been to the same store forty thousand times and the cashiers have all seen your ID, they still have to ask for it each time. And it's not their personal fault but the store's.
Indeed, that's how the registers at the store I worked at worked.

Qwynegold
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Qwynegold »

FinalZera wrote:
I was being sarcastic. -_-
My most recent quiz:
Eurovision Song Contest 2018

finlay
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by finlay »

FinalZera wrote:
Please forgive such people. They never know when their supervisors are watching, and they can be fired for skipping checking an ID even once. I worked such a job before...
Not really. They use their better judgement anyway, meaning that you might look ambiguously about 23-24 and they wouldn't ID you anyway, and the policy seems to be more of a guideline. It flashes up on their screen and they either dismiss it or ask you. I'm 22 and don't normally get asked, although I'm more likely to at the supermarket where the official policy is 25, but isn't too strictly adhered to. It's just every time they put it up I feel as though I'm being further victimised for belonging to a younger age group, some of whom ruin it for everyone else by not being able to handle their alcohol, and getting into fights.

Dewrad
Sanno
Sanno

Post by Dewrad »

finlay wrote:
God, I love it. People mistaking me for being under 25 is flattering...
Some useful Dravian links: Grammar - Lexicon - Ask a Dravian
Salmoneus wrote:(NB Dewrad is behaving like an adult - a petty, sarcastic and uncharitable adult, admittedly, but none the less note the infinitely higher quality of flame)

rickardspaghetti
Avisaru
Avisaru

Qwynegold wrote:
FinalZera wrote:
I was being sarcastic. -_-
I wasn't. :|
そうだ。死んでいる人も勃起することが出来る。
俺はその証だ。

Skomakar'n
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Skomakar'n »

finlay wrote:
FinalZera wrote:
Not really. They use their better judgement anyway, meaning that you might look ambiguously about 23-24 and they wouldn't ID you anyway, and the policy seems to be more of a guideline. It flashes up on their screen and they either dismiss it or ask you. I'm 22 and don't normally get asked, although I'm more likely to at the supermarket where the official policy is 25, but isn't too strictly adhered to. It's just every time they put it up I feel as though I'm being further victimised for belonging to a younger age group, some of whom ruin it for everyone else by not being able to handle their alcohol, and getting into fights.
There are people like that of all ages.

Cathbad
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Cathbad »

finlay wrote:
It varies from store to store as well (as far as my experiences of shopping for alcohol in Britain go). Tesco and Somerfield never ID me. Sainsbury's does sometimes. Although all this probably has to do with the fact that I allegedly look 23-24. Those interested can dig up pictures of me and make their judgment. (I'm actually somewhat younger.)