Creativity of the day

Discussions worth keeping around later.
Skomakar'n
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Skomakar'n »

Viktor77 wrote:
Skomakar'n wrote:I don't know why, but this night I had a detailed dream which was a chick flick starring Lindsay Lohan. I wrote the plot and the scenes I remembered down when I woke up. My brain is a fucking marvel.
A Swedish chick flick with Lindsay Lohan? Hurry, email it to Matt Damon now!
No, an American one, where Lindsay speaks British with a few people, but tries to hide it most of the movie, and a few times she manages to slip in British pronunciation of words like "can't", and her friends are like "what?".

Jacqui
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Jacqui »

I dreamt I beat the shit out of some 20yo.

Don't ask.

Mbwa
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Mbwa »

I had a lucid dream today. My friends and I were walking along a road to another friends house when a storm broke out. We started running, and I was annoyed that I was running slower than my friends so I started like leaping forward with every step. Then we rested in some front yard and that's when I randomly became lucid. I tried flying and I flew for like a second then I hit the ground hard. It was an intense feeling. I think a lot of times we take for granted how awesome sensory stuff is in dreams.

Oh, I will probably contribute something to the thread eventually. Not sure how creative it will be though...

Skomakar'n
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Skomakar'n »

I got my keyboard yesterday:

So I had to start playing around with a song:

http://www.mediafire.com/?djgmjxjxyoc

Skomakar'n
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Skomakar'n »

A friend of mine made this awesome song, and he asked me if I wanted to make a picture for it.

I thought it'd be fun to do, so after like four hours or more in GIMP, here is the result, containing his nickname, the name of the song, tiny credits to myself and, finally a little portrait of him:

He gave me the song, and I put the image as album cover art. Looks awesome in the iPhone:

Nortaneous
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Nortaneous »

Siöö jandeng raiglin zåbei tandiüłåd;
nää džunnfin kukuch vklaivei sivei tåd.
Chei. Chei. Chei. Chei. Chei. Chei. Chei.

Ink
Niš
Niš

Post by Ink »

It's a very rough sketch, and the angle of his ankle is whack, but overall I like it. I might incorporate him into Idhi creation myths, or maybe folklore, as an artist who is responsible for the world's colors. Then the Idhi language could have the metaphor "to be red-handed" meaning "to have astounding artistic or creative abilities".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IngvNUaWvck

Viktor77
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Viktor77 »

I've never before done an interior paint pixel, especially not in 3D, so here's my first attempt with a house in Detroit:

Falgwian and Falgwia!!

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

Astraios
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Astraios »

^ I'd so rather buy the house on the right. ;)

Viktor77
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Viktor77 »

Astraios wrote:^ I'd so rather buy the house on the right. ;)
Why I'd totally buy this house! Just look at it! After about $100,000 in structural work you would have a lovely house to then spend another $100,000 restoring. :p

Last edited by Viktor77 on Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Falgwian and Falgwia!!

Skomakar'n
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Skomakar'n »

That looks awesome!

Viktor77
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Viktor77 »

Skomakar'n wrote:That looks awesome!
Thanks! I'm hoping it'll help me break into more complex pixel work. Next up, shading. :p
Falgwian and Falgwia!!

Astraios
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Astraios »

Viktor77 wrote:
Why I'd totally buy this house! Just look at it! After about $100,000 in structural work you would have a lovely house to then spend another $100,000 restoring. :p
Ugh, please, no. I've lived through two house restorations, I don't want a third. :P

Viktor77
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Viktor77 »

Astraios wrote:
Viktor77 wrote:
Ugh, please, no. I've lived through two house restorations, I don't want a third. :P
Were they old house (as in late 18th early 19th century) restorations? What kind of houses specifically?
Falgwian and Falgwia!!

Astraios
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Astraios »

Viktor77 wrote:
Astraios wrote:
Viktor77 wrote:
Were they old house (as in late 18th early 19th century) restorations? What kind of houses specifically?
The first wasn't old, but it'd been ruined by a flood, and the second one (the house I'm in right now) was built some time before 1850.

The first house now looks like this (the white one behind the streetlight), and the second one you can't see in Google Maps, because there's a great big hedge in the way (and also because that would be telling where I live ;)). It used to be a country house; it has delapilated stables where we chucked everything from our old house; it had a new kitchen, a pantry and a bathroom added in 1850; it belonged to someone called Mrs. Jones, who fell down the stairs and broke her neck; it's in a couple of acres of field/lawn, with a formal flower garden at the front; it has a well (but we can't use it because the cat peed in it); it's made out of bricks... Helpful??

On a side note, whoever bought the first house has put a skylight in the top floor bathroom (on the roof)!!! :evil: That was such a cool, creepy bathroom when it had no window in it. :(

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

Ink wrote:Image

It's a very rough sketch, and the angle of his ankle is whack, but overall I like it. I might incorporate him into Idhi creation myths, or maybe folklore, as an artist who is responsible for the world's colors. Then the Idhi language could have the metaphor "to be red-handed" meaning "to have astounding artistic or creative abilities".
NAAAAIS

Viktor77
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Viktor77 »

I like your first house! Three stories of space, that's a lot! Do you live in England because that house looks very English...or at the very least not American haha. We have homes like that but the chimney's are different and what not. Still, I'd love to grow up in such a huge house! Bet the third floor was nothing but a huge party space, eh?
Falgwian and Falgwia!!

Astraios
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Astraios »

Yeah, I live in England. :P And no, the third floor was all scary and dark and had monsters in the ceiling and things (this was before I was 10). It did have a secret panel, though I neer found out whether it went anywhere. :(

Ink
Niš
Niš

Post by Ink »

Torco wrote:NAAAAIS
Thanks! I have another version now, this time with a nifty paint brush:

I added the background digitally with Paintshop Pro. I couldn't get it to match the texture of the original watercolor, but it was better than leaving it white.

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

the legs are really really short for a thing so anthropomorphic, but otherwise that illustration looks awesome, you show-off! ;)

Ink
Niš
Niš

Post by Ink »

Yeah, now that you've pointed it out, I can see the legs are weird - I was so focused on details I completely missed it. The long neck makes them seem even shorter, too. Dang, now that's going to bother me every time I look at it! But thanks for noticing, now I know to pay more attention to proportion. :D

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

glad to help

Aurora Rossa
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Aurora Rossa »

Is that guy wielding a paintbrush like some sort of spear?
"There was a particular car I soon came to think of as distinctly St. Louis-ish: a gigantic white S.U.V. with a W. bumper sticker on it for George W. Bush."

Skomakar'n
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Skomakar'n »

I love how you coloured his skin.

Jacqui
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Jacqui »

@Viktor: How do you do that?! :o