ZBB member photos, part 5. (Something for the weekend, sir?)

Discussions worth keeping around later.
Travis B.
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Travis B. »

Io wrote:That was kinda too easy.

WHICH PROVES ME POINT!
Oh please - you are just being an ass here, really.

Viktor77
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Viktor77 »

Oh pshaw, Torco's as gay as Io's straight!
Falgwian and Falgwia!!

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

WHICH ONLY PROVES ME POINT!
How's the underside of that bridge ? ;)

vampireshark
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by vampireshark »

For some reason, the internet connection I'm on won't let me put up another somewhat gratuitous picture of my brother's Mushu doll... so y'all will get a new one on Friday, probably.
What do you see in the night?

In search of victims subjects to appear on banknotes. Inquire within.

Io
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Io »

lolwut?

i dont understand :|
<King> Ivo, you phrase things in the most comedic manner

[quote="Jal"][quote="jme"]Thats just rude and unneeded.[/quote]That sums up Io, basically. Yet, we all love him.[/quote]

TomHChappell
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by TomHChappell »

Io wrote:lolwut? i dont understand :|
If you mean
Torco wrote:How's the underside of that bridge ? ;)
he's implying that you're a troll.

Io
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Io »

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

*slaps forehead*

Christopher Schröder
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Christopher Schröder »

vampireshark wrote:For some reason, the internet connection I'm on won't let me put up another somewhat gratuitous picture of my brother's Mushu doll... so y'all will get a new one on Friday, probably.
You seem to have grown rather fond of that little dragon of late -- why?
"Think only of the past as its remembrance gives you pleasure."
-Jane Austen, [i]Pride and Prejudice[/i]

vampireshark
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by vampireshark »

ChristophSchrader wrote:You seem to have grown rather fond of that little dragon of late -- why?
It's not as much attachment as it is that I can do things with the doll and put it in varying compromising positions that would otherwise be performable by me. For example, riding Orangina bottles.

Plus, I use the pictures to show my brother what fun I'm having, like at the Jameson Distillery and the four shots o' whiskey. I didn't want a picture of myself with the whiskey on account of me being under 21, so the dragon was my substitute, if you will.

Viktor77
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Viktor77 »

He trumps your dragon!
Falgwian and Falgwia!!

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

vampireshark
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by vampireshark »

Nice try, Viktor. Nothing that you can present can trump Daffodil the Dragon Hat. Mushu, maybe, but not Daffodil.

patiku
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by patiku »

vampireshark wrote:
ChristophSchrader wrote:You seem to have grown rather fond of that little dragon of late -- why?
It's not as much attachment as it is that I can do things with the doll and put it in varying compromising positions that would otherwise be performable by me. For example, riding Orangina bottles.

Plus, I use the pictures to show my brother what fun I'm having, like at the Jameson Distillery and the four shots o' whiskey. I didn't want a picture of myself with the whiskey on account of me being under 21, so the dragon was my substitute, if you will.
Can we see the picture? I'm curious.

Jacqui
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Jacqui »

My crew will punk you all, foo's!
L-R:
Back: Madame Giardia, Squiz, Teddy (over 70 years old!!), Mr. Meerkat,
Front: Kylie the Koala, Mobble.

rickardspaghetti
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by rickardspaghetti »

Looks like a tentacle monster.
そうだ。死んでいる人も勃起することが出来る。
俺はその証だ。

Jacqui
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Jacqui »

rickardspaghetti wrote:Looks like a tentacle monster.
It's a replica of bacteria I got in Canberra. It's amazing.

finlay
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by finlay »

vampireshark wrote:

What?

Wait.... what?

I mean, I'm assuming this photo was taken in Ireland or something, where drinking at the age of 19 is, y'know, legal and stuff. :roll:

There's more of a case to be made for other substances, which is why I wouldn't let a photo online of me smoking weed in the Netherlands... but still...

vampireshark
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by vampireshark »

finlay wrote:What?

Wait.... what?

I mean, I'm assuming this photo was taken in Ireland or something, where drinking at the age of 19 is, y'know, legal and stuff.

There's more of a case to be made for other substances, which is why I wouldn't let a photo online of me smoking weed in the Netherlands... but still...
Yeah, it was taken in Ireland at the Old Jameson Distillery (which I recommend to everyone!), and the drinking age in most civilized countries is 19 or lower. But other, less-intelligent people might not know that and assume I was drinking underage (like some of my relatives and possible future employers, the latter of which could jeopardize possible employment), which was simply not the case there.

It also doesn't hurt that I travel by myself wherever I go, so I didn't have anyone to take a picture of me. And I don't like pictures being taken of me, really. So the dragon, again, is the substitute.

finlay
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by finlay »

Don't... let... other.... people... see... photos... of... you... on... Facebook?

Seriously, it's such a lame excuse given that you can block people from seeing photos that have been tagged of you and that you can block people from seeing photos that you upload. Particularly future employers – you should at least be able to stop them from seeing your stuff.

Like... unless you're magical or have me as a friend, you should only be able to see a picture of me in a cheese shop if you go to my Facebook profile. And my name.

Guitarplayer II
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Guitarplayer II »

Also don't accept random people (e.g. a sockpuppet of your future employer) as "friends".
Last edited by Guitarplayer II on Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
giˈtaɹ.plɛɪ̯ɚ‿n dɪs.ˈgaɪz • [b][url=http://sanstitre.nfshost.com/sbk]Der Sprachbaukasten[/url][/b]
[size=84]And! [url=http://bit.ly/9dSyTI]Ayeri Reference Grammar[/url] (upd. 28 Sep 2010)[/size]

finlay
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by finlay »

This one, by the way. It's in Amsterdam.

vampireshark
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by vampireshark »

finlay wrote:Don't... let... other.... people... see... photos... of... you... on... Facebook?

Seriously, it's such a lame excuse given that you can block people from seeing photos that have been tagged of you and that you can block people from seeing photos that you upload. Particularly future employers – you should at least be able to stop them from seeing your stuff.

Like... unless you're magical or have me as a friend, you should only be able to see a picture of me in a cheese shop if you go to my Facebook profile. And my name.
And nobody can see pictures with me tagged in them, and only friends can see my photo albums (I think...). But there are ways around it, naturally. But I still don't like pictures being taken of me at all.

And nice cheese shop picture, finlay. But now you made me miss Europe even more...

finlay
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by finlay »

Sorry. :P

FWIW, I couldn't even find you when I tried to search for you (yes, I indulge in the occasional facebook stalk :P). If that's the case, it's likely that employers won't either.

Edit: Oh, no, wait, found you. But yeah, all I see is that dragon. :P It seems you've been doing things right. Also, hometown in Hawaii? Isn't that just your birthplace? (I kind of enforce a difference between the two IMD, even though they are the same for me...)

vampireshark
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by vampireshark »

Finlay wrote:Edit: Oh, no, wait, found you. But yeah, all I see is that dragon. It seems you've been doing things right. Also, hometown in Hawaii? Isn't that just your birthplace? (I kind of enforce a difference between the two IMD, even though they are the same for me...)
Yep, that's me. I used a picture of myself for a while, but not recently.

And the difficulty is that what I would put as my hometown (Ansbach, Germany) doesn't seem like it should count because I'm not German. And I have no real ties to either Seattle, Corpus Christi, or Fayetteville (WA, TX, and NC, respectively). So I just use my birthplace of Honolulu, Hawaii, as my hometown on my profile and leave it at that, even though I wouldn't say it in real life.

Also, I can't really stalk you on Facebook because I don't know your surname. Which may be a good thing. Actually, it probably is.

Guitarplayer II
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Guitarplayer II »

vampireshark wrote:And the difficulty is that what I would put as my hometown (Ansbach, Germany) doesn't seem like it should count because I'm not German.
FWIW, I don't have a "hometown" filled out in my profile either because I don't have emotional ties to my birth place and haven't lived there for the past 20 years. Also it's not the place I've grown up in, and my parents don't live there either anymore, so I actually do feel a little rootless.
giˈtaɹ.plɛɪ̯ɚ‿n dɪs.ˈgaɪz • [b][url=http://sanstitre.nfshost.com/sbk]Der Sprachbaukasten[/url][/b]
[size=84]And! [url=http://bit.ly/9dSyTI]Ayeri Reference Grammar[/url] (upd. 28 Sep 2010)[/size]

finlay
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by finlay »

vampireshark wrote:
Finlay wrote:Edit: Oh, no, wait, found you. But yeah, all I see is that dragon. It seems you've been doing things right. Also, hometown in Hawaii? Isn't that just your birthplace? (I kind of enforce a difference between the two IMD, even though they are the same for me...)
Yep, that's me. I used a picture of myself for a while, but not recently.

And the difficulty is that what I would put as my hometown (Ansbach, Germany) doesn't seem like it should count because I'm not German. And I have no real ties to either Seattle, Corpus Christi, or Fayetteville (WA, TX, and NC, respectively). So I just use my birthplace of Honolulu, Hawaii, as my hometown on my profile and leave it at that, even though I wouldn't say it in real life.

Also, I can't really stalk you on Facebook because I don't know your surname. Which may be a good thing. Actually, it probably is.
Heh, I think most oldies on here know it, but I've been trying not to give it out on here for a while.