The dream thread

Discussions worth keeping around later.
Shm Jay
Avisaru
Avisaru

Re: The dream thread

Post by Shm Jay »

I dreamt I had rented a second apartment, forgot all about it, and now owed $2544 back rent. You can believe I woke up in a panic from that one and it took me a while to calm down.

dhok
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by dhok »

I was a miner in Dwarf Fortress, and I dug into the second cavern layer, and then the entire fortress got attacked by a gigantic version of Mr. Krabs from Spongebob.

maıráí
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by maıráí »

I lived on the edge of some weird town with two little sisters. It was always sunset, but the sun was never actually in view; the sky was mostly black.
After a while, zombies or some kind of monsters started showing up. So I fled down the only road that was ever in view with my siblings. The road went for miles and miles with nothing but grass fields and a power line to the left. I ended up at (lolwut) some kind of pyramid thing. There, we encounted long-legged monsters like those tall walking things from Star Wars. They were brown and shaggy, and proceeded to kill us. I fled into the pyramid, and found some kind of armed gunship. I tried it out, panicking becuase the pyramid's entrance wasso big, the things could follow us in. I managed to fly it, and after some more panicking, I left with my sisters, and woke up.

McMeatLoaf
Niš
Niš

Post by McMeatLoaf »

My dreams are weird. They're completely fictional, yet very realistic. Almost like a false memory being played in my head.
mamihlapinatapai

Pthagnar
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Pthagnar »

yep that sure sounds like dreaming

bulbaquil
Lebom
Lebom

Post by bulbaquil »

McMeatLoaf wrote:My dreams are weird. They're completely fictional, yet very realistic. Almost like a false memory being played in my head.
Pthug wrote:yep that sure sounds like dreaming
Yeah, that's kind of... to use the cliché, the stuff dreams are made of.
MI DRALAS, KHARULE MEVO STANI?!

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

I dreamt that I hugged someone... I don'r remember anything else.

yeah, I know, oooow

faiuwle
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by faiuwle »

dhokarena56 wrote:I was a miner in Dwarf Fortress, and I dug into the second cavern layer, and then the entire fortress got attacked by a gigantic version of Mr. Krabs from Spongebob.
Man, why can't I have Dwarf Fortress dreams? I guess I'm just not playing it enough since DF2010 came out. Will have to remedy this situation.
It's (broadly) [faɪ.ˈjuw.lɛ]
#define FEMALE

ConlangDictionary 0.3 3/15/14 (ZBB thread)

Quis vult in terra stare,
Cum possit volitare?

maıráí
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by maıráí »

I dreamed that I was in a mall, a year or two ago. The first part I could see was something like this:
(Pardon the combination mouse-Paint-fail; I was bored)
It was a section of a mall, with two planters. People walked in and out of the blackness (which was actually a light shade of grey; my bad). They stopped and chatted, sat on the planters to eat, all the normal things.
Next thing I knew, I was standing on the near planter, looking into it. It had no plants; it was bottomless. So, I stepped into it. My real, live stomach flipped like I was on a roller coaster. I fell for a couple of seconds.
The dream panned backwards like I had just died in a video game. Then I saw this:
The planter that I had fallen in, cutscene style.
This faded, and everything started over. I was back, watching people pass by; I'd then be on the planter; fall in; GAME OVER; and so on.
This happened about twenty or thirty or too many times, and my stomach flipped every time I fell.
Then I woke up.

I have no idea what that dream meant.

Soap
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Soap »

Nice illustrations.

Last night I dreamed I was in a school, and it was pretty crowded, and for some reason we had to eat our meals and take showers in there too. Hence the necessity of finding a room that wasn't occupied to shower, though I dont reallyk now why I was wanting to shower in the middle of the day anyway. The desks had keyboards built in, for typing all our messages, the only rule I remember was to not use more than one "abbreviation key" per sentence.
Sunàqʷa the Sea Lamprey says:

Astraios
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Astraios »

Just woke up from a most awesome dream:

I was in the library, in the Silent Study Zone, with an ex and a Spanish guy who I used to meet for...recreational purposes. We were having a threesome, and trying to do it silently, so we didn't disturb the people studying. The best part was that the other people only looked round to say "Shh!", and went back to their work. I won't go into too much detail here, but when we'd finished, several people's homeworks had become instant F-grades. :D

But that's not all! After the sex, I went to Chester (or rather, dream-Chester; it looks nothing like real-Chester), and went along the Rows until I got to Lidl. I saw my younger sister and her friend, waiting in the queue, and thought "How strange! They should be in school!" I bought a pizza from there, and then took the tram "home" - which in this case was a delapidated old village on the muddy shore of a big lake, surrounded by an ugly black pine forest. I got a shock when I reached home - nobody was out working, even though there was still some time to go before sunset. I went up to my house, and there was no smoke coming from the chimney, even though it was winter.

I got suspicious just as I was about to open the door, and looked around me quickly. In the corner of my vision, I saw a huge scraggly crow scrambling out of sight behind an old barrel. I knew that meant really bad things for the village, and then the dream shifted so that *I* (not my dream-character) was watching my sister as she said goodbye to her friend, and got on the tram to come home. *I* followed her whole tram journey, and could hear her thinking: "Oh, this tram is so slow! If only I could fly home." Eventually, there was no one left on the tram but her, and it was almost sunset. All of a sudden, the tram slowed to a complete stop (in the middle of the pine forest), and my sister sat up in surprise. Then, she vanished.

The dream switched back to my character, and now I was racing back towards my house (I had been down to the lake, to calm myself after seeing the crow), in order to get inside before dark. I rounded the corner, saw my other sister, waiting by the open door, leapt through the tangled and messy kitchen garden, only to see a tall, skinny woman in furs, who looked like Cruella DeVil, materialize behind my sister, grab her by the neck, and slam the door in my face with a wicked smirk filled with sharp teeth.

Now I was very scared - I knew that my first sister hadn't come home either. I saw a girl from the village standing worriedly at the tram stop, and went to tell her to wait there until I got back. (This is where it gets very awesome.) I picked up my broom, and took a running jump into the air, and flew along the tram lines back to town, to look for my first sister. It was difficult to fly at first, and I had to use trees and posts as things to push off from, until I got high enough, and then my broom vanished, and I turned into a magpie.

I flew along the tracks, down to where they swept around the shore of the lake, past an abandoned boat-house, and then I saw another magpie in the distance, flying as fast as it could, straight across the lake towards the village. It was my sister, and I was very happy to see her - until I heard the scraggly crow cawing behind her. The crow wasn't in sight; it was hiding in the trees on the opposite shore; but its shouting woke up a family of hawks who lived just near to where my sister was flying at that moment. The mother and father hawks flew up to see what was going on, but my sister didn't see them (they were above and behind her), and kept flying straight. Just as she was about to reach the trees on this side of the lake, one of the hawks divebombed her, and caught her in its talons.

I (who had been hovering nervously near the boat-house) turned quickly, and began flying back to the village, keeping low to the ground. Then I heard the hawk behind me, and turned back into a human again, so it wouldn't catch me. I ran back home, and the girl from the village had disappeared, and my door was still locked. I hid inside the barrel, and then I woke up.

Being a magpie was so cool. xD

catberry
Sanci
Sanci

Post by catberry »

I was floating on the ocean through weird islands, and eventually ended up in Nicaragua.
You killed yourself. By waving a scientist around.
-is female-

Shm Jay
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Shm Jay »

I dreamt I was cleaning my glasses with soap and water and they completely fell apart.

Tropylium
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Tropylium »

In my dreams last night, I was supposed to be at this summer-camp-like thing my mom had had me sign on, but overslept. I got there eventually but I was too tired to really participate. The others (I did not kno any of them) were doing some kind of personality polls, on a grassfield, and were going to play a game afterwards I think (with frisbees or something); I just lied all "guhhhh", the grass was stubbly but I didn't care, I just wanted to sleep.

Ironic since I'ven't gotten much else than sleeping done all week.

I've had similar "dreams about sleeping" before, infrequently but for a long time… there's one I remember from age 8.

Before this there was also a segment where I was temporarily back in military service for some reason. Not really "back", actually, but more like being a tourist on the premises. I remember that one of my former commanding officers had grown to 3m tall and almost as wide (not in a thretening manner; we used to get along pretty well, and even had some discussions on conlanging), and had been demoted one rank down for some reason.
[ˌʔaɪsəˈpʰɻ̊ʷoʊpɪɫ ˈʔæɫkəɦɔɫ]

Astraios
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Astraios »

Had another dream about flying (yay):

This time, I had a pair of stiff wings strapped to my back, and I was being carried along a clifftop by the air currents. It was a race, and I'd found the strongest current blowing up and along the cliff, so I was winning. It was in Japan, for some reason.

Lyhoko Leaci
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Lyhoko Leaci »

One dream that I had a while back but never posted for some reason was that I was a vampire type thing, and I was in an outside area with a bunch of shipping crates and boxes, and some people were after me. After hiding from then for a little while behind the boxes and stuff, I remembered I could fly, and took off towards a house on a hill some ways away from the cargo area. I couldn't fly very well though, and it ended up seeming a bit like a roller coaster ride with all sorts of hills and dips, though no curves. I managed to land without crashing into something, and entered the house, and I found someone sleeping on the second floor. I sucked the life force out of them sort of like how the Wraith in Stargate do, then stood around wondering what to do next. The person suddenly sat up in his bed, and I told him that he was dead, so he collapsed back down. The I looked though his closet, which was a complete mess, and I woke up.

------------------------------------------

In a more recent dream, I was at my grandparent's house in the back yard, and I decided to use a summoning charm on Peter Pettigrew. After a bit of waiting, a Hungarian Horntail, 2 house elves, and Pettigrew suddenly flew down the main road into town. How I knew that the house elves and Pettigrew were with the dragon, I don't know, as all that I could see was the dragon. Then I was in what I assumed was a police station, though it looked more like an office. Then Pettigrew in rat form jumped out at me, and I grabbed him, and held him away to keep him from chewing on my ear, which he was quite persistent in trying to do. Quite strong for a rat, too. Last thing I remember before waking up is that someone was trying to force me to wear a dress for some reason.
Zain pazitovcor, sio? Sio, tovcor.
You can't read that, right? Yes, it says that.
Shinali Sishi wrote:"Have I spoken unclearly? I meant electric catfish not electric onions."

Rui
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Rui »

I had a dream last night that I owned a small bodega-type place somewhere, and for some reason also had a giant bag of weed...and for some reason, Linda McMahon was searching my bodega for it, so I had to keep hiding it in new places. It was pretty bizarre...

But at least I remembered this dream! I never remember my dreams, so this is an accomplishment.

Nesescosac
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Nesescosac »

I saw Crux in my dream. How happy I was. Then I played Katamari Damacy. This dream certainly beats the ones I've been having lately where my Calculus BC teacher gives me a failing grade on my test and starts laughing.
I did have a bizarrely similar (to the original poster's) accident about four years ago, in which I slipped over a cookie and somehow twisted my ankle so far that it broke
What kind of cookie?
Aeetlrcreejl > Kicgan Vekei > me /ne.ses.tso.sats/

Qwynegold
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Qwynegold »

Bristel wrote:...

Well, does anyone want to do a dream interpretation on those? :D

I used to have a dream interpretation book somewhere, it was kinda fun to use after a dream, even if the symbolism was nonsense.
I think those were predicting dreams. My dream book says this about electricity:

Energy in different forms surround you, but be careful trying to harvest it. Be also careful of strong-willed people who may make sparks fly.

Or maybe there was just some loud noise IRL that mixed in to your dream.
My most recent quiz:
Eurovision Song Contest 2018

catberry
Sanci
Sanci

Post by catberry »

My Latin teacher doesn't like Emilie Autumn. That is all.
You killed yourself. By waving a scientist around.
-is female-

Bristel
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Bristel »

Qwynegold wrote:
Bristel wrote:...

Well, does anyone want to do a dream interpretation on those? :D

I used to have a dream interpretation book somewhere, it was kinda fun to use after a dream, even if the symbolism was nonsense.
I think those were predicting dreams. My dream book says this about electricity:

Energy in different forms surround you, but be careful trying to harvest it. Be also careful of strong-willed people who may make sparks fly.

Or maybe there was just some loud noise IRL that mixed in to your dream.
I had thought of that... at the time I couldn't open my eyes and "wake up"... which has happened a few times before. So I was thinking that I somehow get put into shock by loud unexpected noises and dream about it as a coping mechanism... but I doubt I really heard anything...
[bɹ̠ˤʷɪs.təɫ]
Nōn quālibet inīquā cupiditāte illectus hoc agō
Yo te pongo en tu lugar...
Taisc mach Daró

linguoboy
Sanno
Sanno

Post by linguoboy »

I don't remember much of the party except that I was bending over to pick up ballpoint pens with mismatched caps while Frank Black was wailing "Der Zug kommt um 8 Uhr 90 an!" on the stereo.

Civil War Bugle
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Civil War Bugle »

I had an odd dream in which Ron Weasley was being castrated by his grandfather, a redneck-looking redbearded wizard doctor, in the foyer of a grocery store.

bulbaquil
Lebom
Lebom

Post by bulbaquil »

linguoboy wrote:I don't remember much of the party except that I was bending over to pick up ballpoint pens with mismatched caps while Frank Black was wailing "Der Zug kommt um 8 Uhr 90 an!" on the stereo.
8 Uhr 90? Seriously?
MI DRALAS, KHARULE MEVO STANI?!

linguoboy
Sanno
Sanno

Post by linguoboy »

bulbaquil wrote:
linguoboy wrote:I don't remember much of the party except that I was bending over to pick up ballpoint pens with mismatched caps while Frank Black was wailing "Der Zug kommt um 8 Uhr 90 an!" on the stereo.
8 Uhr 90? Seriously?
Might've been "8 Uhr 80". I remember thinking, There goes Black Francis, being weird again.