The dream thread

Discussions worth keeping around later.
Lyhoko Leaci
Avisaru
Avisaru

Re: The dream thread

Post by Lyhoko Leaci »

In a dream yesterday I was in/on some sort of coastal fortress looking place, and a bomb was set up over a pit. I ran behind a hill and then the bomb went off, big enough to leave a mushroom cloud, but it oddly didn't damage anything in the area, though it did cause water to rain down. Once the water stopped falling, I and a couple others went over to where the bomb was and the pit was full of water (well, at least the water that didn't get blasted out) and several enormous eggs were in the water, now hard-boiled.

I wonder what sort of interpretation one could get out of that one... or for that matter, the other 2 of mine earlier on this page previous page, and the 2 on the first page.
Zain pazitovcor, sio? Sio, tovcor.
You can't read that, right? Yes, it says that.
Shinali Sishi wrote:"Have I spoken unclearly? I meant electric catfish not electric onions."

Shm Jay
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Shm Jay »

Eggs have to do with sex, I think.

catberry
Sanci
Sanci

Post by catberry »

I was in some strange pond in an indoor forest, and then I was reading a history book about how the humans who evolved in Asia duked it out with the humans who evolved in Australia for world domination.
You killed yourself. By waving a scientist around.
-is female-

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

I wonder what sort of interpretation one could get out of that one... or for that matter, the other 2 of mine earlier on this page previous page, and the 2 on the first page.
Someone would need years of analysis to say for sure.

but, best I can do here is, you've probably played CoD:MW2, eggs might be a mother or other significant female figure. now you just need to figure out what the bomb means. *mushroom* cloud might be a phallic symbol, so... I dunno, something your dad did to your mum ? or you did to your girlfriend? or something?

linguoboy
Sanno
Sanno

Post by linguoboy »

I dreamt we had all read an article purporting to explain, through comparison of ancient borrowings in North American languages, how tastes had changed over time. I don't mean mores--I mean the way things actually taste. So what we call "bitter" was once "crunchy" thousands of years ago and so forth. There was also data from Jürchen given in a footnote, for what reason I can't now recall.

Qwynegold
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Qwynegold »

Ebba Leaci wrote:In a dream yesterday I was in/on some sort of coastal fortress looking place, and a bomb was set up over a pit. I ran behind a hill and then the bomb went off, big enough to leave a mushroom cloud, but it oddly didn't damage anything in the area, though it did cause water to rain down. Once the water stopped falling, I and a couple others went over to where the bomb was and the pit was full of water (well, at least the water that didn't get blasted out) and several enormous eggs were in the water, now hard-boiled.
My guess: sudden emotional outburst leads to new ideas.
My most recent quiz:
Eurovision Song Contest 2018

dunomapuka
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by dunomapuka »

All I remember from my dream last night is that I was with some friends, drinking and watching a movie. I thought to myself, "God, it would be nice if somebody was rolling a joint right now," and I looked over, and somebody was in fact rolling a joint. Then I woke up and felt disappointed that I didn't get to smoke it first.

Nortaneous
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Nortaneous »

Ebba Leaci wrote:In a dream yesterday I was in/on some sort of coastal fortress looking place, and a bomb was set up over a pit. I ran behind a hill and then the bomb went off, big enough to leave a mushroom cloud, but it oddly didn't damage anything in the area, though it did cause water to rain down. Once the water stopped falling, I and a couple others went over to where the bomb was and the pit was full of water (well, at least the water that didn't get blasted out) and several enormous eggs were in the water, now hard-boiled.

bombs = death
eggs = rebirth

if i ever end up making a surrealist film i am definitely going to find a way to steal this and use it as a metaphor for something
Siöö jandeng raiglin zåbei tandiüłåd;
nää džunnfin kukuch vklaivei sivei tåd.
Chei. Chei. Chei. Chei. Chei. Chei. Chei.

Bristel
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Bristel »

I had a dream that I had to wade through a tank of water, and got bitten by a crocodile which broke the ribs on my left side.

When trying to tell my mother of what happened, I couldn't get her to pay attention, or understand... since she is deaf in real-life, but was also an alcoholic, and was drunk in my dream...

So I was frustrated that I couldn't communicate the injury to my mother.
[bɹ̠ˤʷɪs.təɫ]
Nōn quālibet inīquā cupiditāte illectus hoc agō
Yo te pongo en tu lugar...
Taisc mach Daró

Risla
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Risla »

I had an extremely exciting dream last night. Unfortunately, I don't remember anything about it except for one thing that I said in it: "This dream is awesome! I should post it on the ZBB!" But I remember it being really exciting.

What the hell, brain?

Astraios
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Astraios »

^ I hate that kind of dream.

My dream wasn't very exciting - a random guy I know from high school was visiting me at uni, except my accommodation was at Chirk Castle. We were running around the castle trying to find the way out into the gardens, but we kept going wrong. Eventually we got out, and walked about in the gardens, until we got to this statue, where we started making out. Then I woke up.

I don't have a clue why we were making out - I didn't even have the tiniest crush on him. But whatever, he was a good kisser. :D

Shm Jay
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Shm Jay »

I dreamt of going to Russia, and then coming back on the new line of the Moscow Metro that had a connection with the New York subway.

Nesescosac
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Nesescosac »

Shm Jay wrote:I dreamt of going to Russia, and then coming back on the new line of the Moscow Metro that had a connection with the New York subway.
Funnily enough, I have had a dream just like this, but connecting to the London Underground instead of the New York Subway.
I did have a bizarrely similar (to the original poster's) accident about four years ago, in which I slipped over a cookie and somehow twisted my ankle so far that it broke
What kind of cookie?
Aeetlrcreejl > Kicgan Vekei > me /ne.ses.tso.sats/

Shm Jay
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Shm Jay »

I dreamt that the ZBB was some sort of dormitory/residence/lecture hall, and the thing that controlled the words and flow of speech was not working right. This thing was kept in the icebox, and was like an ice machine, only what was supposed to happen is that it dripped purple water to freeze into ice. Instead purple water was gushing out.

Viktor77
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Viktor77 »

I dreamt I was at a wedding that was canceled. We were at the reception at one point waiting to here if we'd go back to the church for the wedding. Eventually they handed out the food and we were told to leave. I remember being pissed about taking off work, getting dressed up, driving hours to get there, buying a gift, and wasting time to go to a wedding which would be called off.
Falgwian and Falgwia!!

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

Christopher Schröder
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Christopher Schröder »

I dreamt I blew up my oven a few nights ago. I am not fond of gas appliances -- they seem quite dangerous. Owing to my odd living arrangement for the moment, I just use one of the nearby electric stoves instead now.
"Think only of the past as its remembrance gives you pleasure."
-Jane Austen, [i]Pride and Prejudice[/i]

Viktor77
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Viktor77 »

Christopher Schröder wrote:I dreamt I blew up my oven a few nights ago. I am not fond of gas appliances -- they seem quite dangerous. Owing to my odd living arrangement for the moment, I just use one of the nearby electric stoves instead now.
Electric sucks. The heat distribution of gas makes it far superior to electric. There is little risk with gas if maintained and connected correctly.
Falgwian and Falgwia!!

Astraios
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Astraios »

Viktor77 wrote:
Christopher Schröder wrote:I dreamt I blew up my oven a few nights ago. I am not fond of gas appliances -- they seem quite dangerous. Owing to my odd living arrangement for the moment, I just use one of the nearby electric stoves instead now.
Electric sucks. The heat distribution of gas makes it far superior to electric. There is little risk with gas if maintained and connected correctly.
Viktor, I hope your boyfriend is aware of your somewhat terrifying obsession with fire.

I had an awesome dream. :D I was Man Friday, and I was about to be eaten. Then John Smith (from Disney's Pocahontas) came and saved me, and we ran up the beach to his hiding place, where Robinson Crusoe was waiting to steal me to be his servant. Then Mulan came and kicked Robinson's butt, and she and Belle were lesbians. Beast popped up from behind a rock, and ate Robinson Crusoe, and then he turned into Yzma. I tried to throw water over her, to make her go away, but John Smith said "NO! I love you, Yzma!" Belle turned into a giraffe, and started eating leaves, and I said "OK, this is too weird. Go away now." And they vanished, and I was on Robinson's island all by myself. I found his flock of goats and a pirate's hat, and made a raft from the goats, and was about to sail away on them, Jack Sparrow style, but then I woke up.

Robinson Crusoe + Disney + Pirates of the Caribbean + random transformations = AMAZING.

Viktor77
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Viktor77 »

Astraios wrote:
Viktor77 wrote:
Viktor, I hope your boyfriend is aware of your somewhat terrifying obsession with fire.
Oh he knows. He's quite the pyro himself, though with candles. :mrgreen:

You guys need to embrace the beauty of fire. Man discovered fire for a reason!

And Astraios, you're dream c'est fou. :o
Falgwian and Falgwia!!

Astraios
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Astraios »

Viktor77 wrote:
Astraios wrote:
Viktor77 wrote:
Oh he knows. He's quite the pyro himself, though with candles. :mrgreen:

You guys need to embrace the beauty of fire. Man discovered fire for a reason!
And that reason wasn't because it looked pretty. :P
Viktor77 wrote:And Astraios, you're dream c'est fou. :o
Most of my dreams are crazily vivid. ;) I have a photographic memory, with a super HD lens.

Christopher Schröder
Avisaru
Avisaru

Viktor77 wrote:
Electricity doesn't run out like a propane tank, which is what my gas appliances use (I inherited them that way, and this building doesn't have a gas line). The things are heavy and irritating to attach, and, given my mechanical disinclination, probably dangerous to change out.

Viktor77
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Viktor77 »

Christopher Schröder wrote:Electricity doesn't run out like a propane tank, which is what my gas appliances use (I inherited them that way, and this building doesn't have a gas line). The things are heavy and irritating to attach, and, given my mechanical disinclination, probably dangerous to change out.
Oh, in that case I understand, I hate propane tanks. I assumed you had a natural gas line from the city.
Falgwian and Falgwia!!

catberry
Sanci
Sanci

Post by catberry »

Sarah Palin was using Imagine by John Lennon as a speech. Wat.
You killed yourself. By waving a scientist around.
-is female-

Christopher Schröder
Avisaru
Avisaru

Viktor77 wrote:
Christopher Schröder wrote:Electricity doesn't run out like a propane tank, which is what my gas appliances use (I inherited them that way, and this building doesn't have a gas line). The things are heavy and irritating to attach, and, given my mechanical disinclination, probably dangerous to change out.
Oh, in that case I understand, I hate propane tanks. I assumed you had a natural gas line from the city.
That, I wouldn't mind nearly so much, but beggars can't be choosers, I suppose.

The explosion in the dream shocked me awake, though most death-like things do. In the dream, I was in bed and my stepbrother was actually the one saying it was going to explode. I had a vague inkling of it being my fault for leaving the tank open, since he never cooks and I rarely eat anything I haven't cooked.

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

Two nights in a row I've dreamt that I was making passionate, sweet love with people I shouldn't but really want to make love with.

:D awesome