Creativity of the day

Discussions worth keeping around later.
The Count
Sanci
Sanci

Re: Creativity of the day

Post by The Count »

TomHChappell wrote:
The Count wrote:Yes, it's her! She is a MUA and a mask maker. This video is her first shot as a director and a producer. Must say it's the first time I've instantaneously liked a script/storyboard. I think she captured the spirit of my song beautifully.
Then is that you that's the singer/soloist and the band's front man? If so you should cross-post the video to the "members' pictures" thread.
It's me. And the fiddler is Thomas von Wachenfeldt, one of my regular session musicians. Also notice that the female vocal parts are in Summeran/Xhaimeran.
"Khal malenol akher venkhasa!"

TomHChappell
Avisaru
Avisaru

Sal thinks this is offensive.

Post by TomHChappell »

Last edited by TomHChappell on Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Count
Sanci
Sanci

Post by The Count »

TomHChappell wrote:
The Count wrote:Also notice that the female vocal parts are in Summeran/Xhaimeran.
Impressive!
Any plans to publish the cast & crew credits?
Any plans to publish the lyrics?
Or if any of that's already been done, where can I access it?

BTW is the black-haired black-gowned woman -- the female vocalist -- the same as the red-haired red-gowned actress?

And were the tears acted or prosthetic?
Thank you on Shara's behalf.
I wasn't on set when the tear-scene was recorded but from what I've heard they were real. And no, the red haired girl was portrayed by actress Johanna Sandström and the "raven goddess" (vocalist) by Shara herself.
Full credits appear at the end as scroll text.
I think Shara published the lyrics on her blog (http://www.sharacreations.com/blog-685831) a while ago but I think you have to go back using the "äldre inlägg" (older entries)-gadget, which might take a while so I send you a message instead.

tezcatlip0ca
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by tezcatlip0ca »

Finally I'm not confusing anybody.
The Conlanger Formerly Known As Aiďos

Skomakar'n
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Skomakar'n »

@The Count:
I didn't like it too much to begin with, but it turned gradually better, and the ending was pretty nice!
I guess I would have preferred to have the whole song a bit more powerful, like the ending. It felt a little weak to begin with.

Lots of great potential in there, though. Nice editing, too. Nice colours. Do you know what kind of camera(s) was/were used?
Online dictionary for my conlang Vanga: http://royalrailway.com/tungumaalMiin/Vanga/

#undef FEMALE

I'd love for you to try my game out! Here's the forum thread about it:
http://zbb.spinnwebe.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=36688

Of an Ernst'ian one.

The Count
Sanci
Sanci

Post by The Count »

Skomakar'n wrote:@The Count:
I didn't like it too much to begin with, but it turned gradually better, and the ending was pretty nice!
I guess I would have preferred to have the whole song a bit more powerful, like the ending. It felt a little weak to begin with.

Lots of great potential in there, though. Nice editing, too. Nice colours. Do you know what kind of camera(s) was/were used?
That's the price one pays for going against the grain. I have my own sound ideal which stands in sharp contrast compared to most other commercial productions of today (not hypercompressed and whitened). Thus many listeners (especially younger) have a problem getting their bearings in my music. It doesn't sound right to them (also note that this particular production totally sacrifices mono compatibility).
Also I have myself to blame for using a chord sequence that makes people expect a huge wall of guitars. Glad you could appreciate it anyway. I'll ask Shara what the two camera teams were using and get back to you.

Mbwa
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Mbwa »

http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/5897 ... sonly1.jpg
http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/218/ ... sonly2.jpg
http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/9391 ... sonly3.jpg

couldn't fit the whole thing in my scanner, so it's pretty big. this makes it harder to get the full picture but it would stretch the page i think so...
p_>-ts_>k_>-k_>k_>-pSSSSS

vampireshark
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by vampireshark »

Fiddling around with some stuff...
What do you see in the night?

In search of victims subjects to appear on banknotes. Inquire within.

Nannalu
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Nannalu »

I love the little unfocus or blur you put on it, vs.
næn:älʉː

vampireshark
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by vampireshark »

Irma Grese wrote:I love the little unfocus or blur you put on it, vs.
Hvala. I noticed that some of my passport stamps were a bit blurred, so I tried to achieve a similar effect to be a bit more realistic.

Granted, the designs of those stamps have changed a bit, but...

Yiuel Raumbesrairc
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Yiuel Raumbesrairc »

La Cage

Peux-tu voir la cage?
Vois, et touche-la!
Ne la vois-tu pas, ne la sens-tu pas?
Ne sens-tu pas le vent passer ses barreaux?..

Elle est là, visible tout le temps
On ne peut plus me la cacher
Une série de poteau en métal
M'enfermant dans une cage

Je m'avance aux barreaux
J'étends mes bras
Je touche à l'extérieur
Il n'y a qu'un pas

Elle est solide,
Froide et impassible
Mille coups de couteaux
Qui me transpercent à cet instant

Je regarde à l'intérieur
Ma famille, mes amis,
Mes voisins, mes concitoyens
La population, l'humanité...

Je regarde à l'extérieur
De mes deux mains pouvant s'étirer
Je reçois la caresse de l'air
et le transmet à mon corps enfermé

Une promenade à l'intérieur
Une promenade à l'extérieur
Toutes deux une promenade
Mais est-ce la même chose
Demandez au loup!
Demandez au lièvre!

J'entrevois, de temps à autre
Une porte accédant à l'extérieur
Elle n'est jamais loin de moi
Pas même une minute de marche

Est-elle barrée, ne l'est-elle pas?
J'ai beau avoir tenté de m'approcher
Je ne le sais pas
Mais peu importe ça, il y a plus

Car au-delà, ce n'est pas le vide
Un garde se tient,
Quelques fois un familier
Quelqu'autres fois un étranger
Prêt à tuer le premier qui sortira
Et...
Contrairement à la porte,
Je le vois tout le temps

Alors je ne pense plus
À ouvrir la porte
Je ne peux que lancer mes bras au devant
Attrapant le peu d'air venant
Le temps d'oublier
Le temps de retourner dedans
Dans la Cage
Dont personne ne voit les barreaux

Le temps d'oublier que l'extérieur existe...
Le temps de se dire qu'il n'y a qu'ici...
Le temps de s'appaiser
Et faussement l'accepter

Quelle cage?
"Ez amnar o amnar e cauč."
- Daneydzaus

Nannalu
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Nannalu »

Here I present my model Gianna from two new sets which I made myself: Asylum, and 60s:

næn:älʉː

vampireshark
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by vampireshark »

Fotèssa Metro Map.jpg
Fotèssa Metro Map.jpg (173.27 KiB) Viewed 3565 times
TF STST Ticket Sample.jpg
TF STST Ticket Sample.jpg (40.81 KiB) Viewed 3565 times
TF STST Ticket Back.jpg
TF STST Ticket Back.jpg (27.58 KiB) Viewed 3565 times

finlay
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by finlay »

vampireshark wrote:
Fotèssa Metro Map.jpg
Rather MS-Paint-esque, especially for you. :o I reckon you should just get a copy of the London Underground or Paris Metro maps and copy paste your way to success. Straight lines help, anyway. Also, fill up the blank spaces (it doesn't need to be geographically accurate in any way, remember!), add a legend and don't cover up any words – I can't really read the bit that says "Zona 1" very well.

Astraios
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Astraios »

I like the ticket though. What does it say on the back?

vampireshark
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by vampireshark »

finlay wrote:
vampireshark wrote:
Fotèssa Metro Map.jpg
Rather MS-Paint-esque, especially for you. :o I reckon you should just get a copy of the London Underground or Paris Metro maps and copy paste your way to success. Straight lines help, anyway. Also, fill up the blank spaces (it doesn't need to be geographically accurate in any way, remember!), add a legend and don't cover up any words – I can't really read the bit that says "Zona 1" very well.
Yeah, not my best work. It is supposed to be geographically accurate, but I haven't yet gotten around to remaking it in a bit more user-friendly manner.

I was mostly going off of what I remembered from the layout of the Bucharest Metro maps, though I probably should make it more like the ones you mentioned. And I yet haven't come up with line names...
Astraios wrote:I like the ticket though. What does it say on the back?
\
In Telèmor: Sa fulièssa-ci è dobra doleu per se nummer delle depaje dã sa sircit STST èle zile si entèredelle zone ce stiãt èo verse biliètar scribute. Vue dovre èt sa fulièssa-ci une uvitiar TF montare èt lèin pria.
Volre-ve èt une uffite Transporlar Fotèssae per marveu d'informasione ditère.

In English: This ticket is valid only for a number the trips within the STST on the dates shown and in the zones listed on the front of the ticket. You must present this ticket to an inspector when requested.
Contact a Transport Fotèssa ticket office for further information.

vampireshark
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by vampireshark »

A second go at the Metro map:
Second Go
Second Go
Metro Map 2.png (139.9 KiB) Viewed 3509 times
Bilièta Virtan - Front
Bilièta Virtan - Front
TF Green Ticket Sample.png (34.03 KiB) Viewed 3509 times
Bilièta Virtan - Reverse
Bilièta Virtan - Reverse
TF Green Ticket Back.png (16.86 KiB) Viewed 3509 times

Ashroot
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Ashroot »

I only see two flaws, not to be mean though. Right between Ter Unirio and Menduso and between Ter Mamiano and Ter Firentir

Astraios
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Astraios »

Ashroot wrote:I only see two flaws, not to be mean though. Right between Ter Unirio and Menduso and between Ter Mamiano and Ter Firentir
There's nothing wrong with the second one, but the one between Ter Unirio and Menduso does look a bit like "Oops I didn't put the stops at the same height".

Jipí
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Jipí »

Also, using only colors is a problem for colorblind people. At least indicate the number of the line at its end points to avoid confusion between different hues of more or less the same color.

patiku
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by patiku »

"What are you doing?!" shouted a prostrate Charles Ruge from atop the now-closed coffeehouse's counter. His assailant, whose face was shadowed by an unironically-work trucker cap, didn't answer. Instead, the mysterious stranger yanked off Ruge's skinny jeans, revealing his shame to all the world and then, as if to answer his question, pulled down his camo slacks! Realizing what was coming, Ruge began to sweat and tried, to no avail, to think of a way to escape. He heard a squirting sound and saw the stranger lubricating his manhood, which dwarfed Ruge's own! Before the young activist could scream for help, his own undies were stuffed into his mouth and his weak wrists were pinned behind his head by what could only be described as gorilla arms due to their burliness and thickness of hair!

What followed started out as the most horrible experience of his life! The violating flesh-sword unmercifully battered open his rectal gateway, and, having breached the defenses, thrust forward, stopping only at the hilt! The agony diminished after an amazing twenty of this unnatural behavior. In fact, Ruge started enjoying it, and less than halfway through spurted a tiny bit of man-milk from his tragically circumcised wee-wee! Before he could explore his feelings regarding this matter, the stranger yanked out Ruge's unmentionable and replaced it with his browned tool, which soon started spurting man-made cream of mushroom into the activist's mouth, much to his horror - and delight!

Until that moment Ruge had been secretly disgusted and horrified by the thought men having sex with each other, but now he was a changed man. For better worse, Ruge had been converted to homosexuality.

Thoroughly violated, Ruge laid motionless on the table as his new lover pulled up his pants and buckled his rhinestone-studded "Don't Mess With Texas!" belt buckle. "Wait!" cried Charles, as the the man ran through the ill-kempt business. He paused in front of the door, where he was silhouetted by the dim, eco-friendly streetlights of Seattle. Ruge whispered "Goodbye". Although his face was hidden, Ruge was sure he deteced a smile. Then, in the blink of an eye, he was gone.

After several minutes Ruge managed to roll off of the counter and started to make his way to the phone, but he stopped when he saw a wallet laying on top of the unread manifestos and anti-redneck screeds that littered the floor. Among its contents was a card identifying the owner as a member of the Republican party. Searching further, he discovered a driver's license. He instantly fell in love with the man in the picture, mullet and all, and he knew that he would have to be with... Chet Christianson, of St. Louis, Missouri! Ruge crawled on to the phone and called a travel agent.

Aurora Rossa
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Aurora Rossa »

Hey, you didn't write that. Plagiarist!
"There was a particular car I soon came to think of as distinctly St. Louis-ish: a gigantic white S.U.V. with a W. bumper sticker on it for George W. Bush."

Ashroot
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Ashroot »

Does this help you see?
Attachments
Mistake.JPG
Mistake.JPG (7.19 KiB) Viewed 3409 times

vampireshark
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by vampireshark »

Ashroot: The "mistake" on the southern half of line R0 was just as a result of the rendering to work. It's a hiccup, and it's not a smooth curve, but that's how the rendering worked for it.

Yiuel Raumbesrairc
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Yiuel Raumbesrairc »

vampireshark wrote:Ashroot: The "mistake" on the southern half of line R0 was just as a result of the rendering to work. It's a hiccup, and it's not a smooth curve, but that's how the rendering worked for it.
I have to comment on your various lines; the whole system seems highly inefficient because of the number of transfers. I could comment a lot more on the system, but some lines seem to stop at locations that would make the system highly inconvinient.
"Ez amnar o amnar e cauč."
- Daneydzaus