ZBB member photos, part 5. (Something for the weekend, sir?)

Discussions worth keeping around later.
Astraios
Sumerul
Sumerul

Re: ZBB member photos, part 5. (Gayer than rainbows and kitt

Post by Astraios »

*says nothing*

masako
Smeric
Smeric

Post by masako »

candrodor,

You look sorta like you're crawling out of some newly discovered cavern made entirely of bed linens.

Astraios
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Astraios »

It is rather pretty. I want to know what it looks like shorter though!

Io
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Io »

äreo wrote:Why not.
Indeed why not!!

You ARE hot :D

Astraios
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Astraios »

Woo, someone who's on my side. xD

Jipí
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Jipí »

Palm trees. I'm jealous. I'd not be surprised if the trees here turned colorful and lost their leaves soon, a couple of months early.

Shm Jay
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Shm Jay »

He looks ill. Are you getting enough sleep? Are you getting enough to eat?
Last edited by Shm Jay on Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shrdlu
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Shrdlu »

edit: gone.
Last edited by Shrdlu on Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If I stop posting out of the blue it probably is because my computer and the board won't cooperate and let me log in.!

Astraios
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Astraios »

I see no beard. I can't tell how thick your neck is. I see no gigantic Russian Adam's apple. You're not being paranoid, you're being silly.

Shrdlu
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Shrdlu »

Astraios wrote:I see no beard. I can't tell how thick your neck is. I see no gigantic Russian Adam's apple. You're not being paranoid, you're being silly.
Forget it then. I see it but when you say it like that I realize that it's my mind playing tricks because I saw the picture un-edited.

edit: but really.,. you are supposed to be encouraging me until I do a stupid mistake.
If I stop posting out of the blue it probably is because my computer and the board won't cooperate and let me log in.!

King of My Own Niche
Sanci
Sanci

Post by King of My Own Niche »

I colored the beard in blue. It's there.
King of My Own Niche - A domain and demesne, of one and one. And perhaps less than that.

Astraios
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Astraios »

The blue is kind of shaped like a person lying down. :o

Zaris
Sanci
Sanci

Post by Zaris »

Me and my modesty

and me with a giant fish (also modest)

Now with less Dan Aykroyd
lish duper jivvin draeval!

King of My Own Niche
Sanci
Sanci

Post by King of My Own Niche »

That giant fish looks awful familiar...
King of My Own Niche - A domain and demesne, of one and one. And perhaps less than that.

Skomakar'n
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Skomakar'n »

For a second there, I thought that was a giant fish for real. Reminds me of how I always can walk by dolls around stores selling clothes several times, and I always think they're real people. It's really unpleasant.

Whence do you come, by the way?

A friend of mine once decided to be a little creative and post a video of himself eating a carrot to a thread like this, instead of just a picture, so a while ago, I did the same thing, drinking some tea and doing some programming, while leaving a greatly important message to the world of software developers out there. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJpH6qKl6b8
Online dictionary for my conlang Vanga: http://royalrailway.com/tungumaalMiin/Vanga/

#undef FEMALE

I'd love for you to try my game out! Here's the forum thread about it:
http://zbb.spinnwebe.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=36688

Of an Ernst'ian one.

finlay
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by finlay »

Skomakar'n wrote:For a second there, I thought that was a giant fish for real. Reminds me of how I always can walk by dolls around stores selling clothes several times, and I always think they're real people. It's really unpleasant.
I think it's even more unsettling to walk through the Red Light District in Amsterdam.... because there is that sudden moment when the mannekin-like figure moves and you realise that she's actually a person.

Zaris
Sanci
Sanci

Post by Zaris »

Skomakar'n wrote:For a second there, I thought that was a giant fish for real. Reminds me of how I always can walk by dolls around stores selling clothes several times, and I always think they're real people. It's really unpleasant.

Whence do you come, by the way?

A friend of mine once decided to be a little creative and post a video of himself eating a carrot to a thread like this, instead of just a picture, so a while ago, I did the same thing, drinking some tea and doing some programming, while leaving a greatly important message to the world of software developers out there. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJpH6qKl6b8
I understand your fear of dolls. Everytime I walk by one I can't help but notice their eyes always facing my direction. Its like Small Soldiers all over again.....

I whence from San Antonio. This picture was taken at the Zoo near TOADally. It seemed out of place bc the whole area was surrounded by a hedge with bird feeders, which I mistook for some japanese talismans or something and got scared out of my mind bc usually talismans mean evil demon ghosts are nearby, least in my mind.
lish duper jivvin draeval!

faiuwle
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by faiuwle »

Skomakar'n wrote:A friend of mine once decided to be a little creative and post a video of himself eating a carrot to a thread like this, instead of just a picture, so a while ago, I did the same thing, drinking some tea and doing some programming, while leaving a greatly important message to the world of software developers out there. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJpH6qKl6b8
Heh, I get you, although I tend to pace and chew my fingernails rather than drink coffee. :P
It's (broadly) [faɪ.ˈjuw.lɛ]
#define FEMALE

ConlangDictionary 0.3 3/15/14 (ZBB thread)

Quis vult in terra stare,
Cum possit volitare?

Skomakar'n
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Skomakar'n »

finlay wrote:I think it's even more unsettling to walk through the Red Light District in Amsterdam.... because there is that sudden moment when the mannekin-like figure moves and you realise that she's actually a person.
If they're anything like the "human statues" you can see around Scandinavia sometimes, it's pretty easy to tell that they're people, though.
Zaris wrote:I understand your fear of dolls. Everytime I walk by one I can't help but notice their eyes always facing my direction. Its like Small Soldiers all over again.....
I'm actually not afraid of them. I didn't really mean unpleasant in that way. I mean, as soon as I know that they're dolls, is not a problem, like I would expect them to spring to life and kill me. It's just that if I'm standing by a doll, it can feel like someone is just standing behind me, until I realise that it's a doll. The annoyance comes from the fact that this usually happens every single time, even with one specific doll. I can usually walk by the very same doll several times with this happening each time.
Zaris wrote:I whence from San Antonio. This picture was taken at the Zoo near TOADally. It seemed out of place bc the whole area was surrounded by a hedge with bird feeders, which I mistook for some japanese talismans or something and got scared out of my mind bc usually talismans mean evil demon ghosts are nearby, least in my mind.
Haha.
faiuwle wrote:
Skomakar'n wrote:A friend of mine once decided to be a little creative and post a video of himself eating a carrot to a thread like this, instead of just a picture, so a while ago, I did the same thing, drinking some tea and doing some programming, while leaving a greatly important message to the world of software developers out there. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJpH6qKl6b8
Heh, I get you, although I tend to pace and chew my fingernails rather than drink coffee. :P
The coffee rewards me a little, at least, haha.
Online dictionary for my conlang Vanga: http://royalrailway.com/tungumaalMiin/Vanga/

#undef FEMALE

Of an Ernst'ian one.

finlay
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by finlay »

Skomakar'n wrote:
finlay wrote:I think it's even more unsettling to walk through the Red Light District in Amsterdam.... because there is that sudden moment when the mannekin-like figure moves and you realise that she's actually a person.
If they're anything like the "human statues" you can see around Scandinavia sometimes, it's pretty easy to tell that they're people, though.
No, man, those guys have paint all over them. I'm talking about prostitutes. They're in shop windows in Amsterdam, pretty much, and of course they're baring a lot of skin (like mannekins) and their skin is probably made up with lots of chemicals and silicone and basically looks plastic (like mannekins). It's mainly the fact that they're in a shop window that makes your subconscious dismiss them as mannekins, so I've walked down there once or twice and been slightly freaked out when they start moving 'seductively'.

Skomakar'n
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Skomakar'n »

finlay wrote:
Skomakar'n wrote:
No, man, those guys have paint all over them. I'm talking about prostitutes. They're in shop windows in Amsterdam, pretty much, and of course they're baring a lot of skin (like mannekins) and their skin is probably made up with lots of chemicals and silicone and basically looks plastic (like mannekins). It's mainly the fact that they're in a shop window that makes your subconscious dismiss them as mannekins, so I've walked down there once or twice and been slightly freaked out when they start moving 'seductively'.
Looked up some pictures. I guess I can see what you mean. If you're walking down that place, though, wouldn't you be quite aware of the fact that those are actual people, though?

#undef FEMALE

Of an Ernst'ian one.

faiuwle
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by faiuwle »

Well, after going to Nova Scotia and taking pictures constantly for ten days, we finally have a picture of me that doesn't look terrible. I figure I've made enough posts in here that I'm overdue for an actual photo by now.
My hair is about eight inches shorter now; after being at the mercy of that much wind for a week and a half, cutting it off suddenly seemed much more necessary.
It's (broadly) [faɪ.ˈjuw.lɛ]
#define FEMALE

ConlangDictionary 0.3 3/15/14 (ZBB thread)

Quis vult in terra stare,
Cum possit volitare?

finlay
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by finlay »

Skomakar'n wrote:
finlay wrote:
Skomakar'n wrote:
Looked up some pictures. I guess I can see what you mean. If you're walking down that place, though, wouldn't you be quite aware of the fact that those are actual people, though?
Of course, but there's being aware and there's being aware, you know? Like I know factually to expect it but it still surprises me. They're also found in a couple of small pockets elsewhere in the city, FWIW, where you might be expecting them less.

Shrdlu
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Shrdlu »

äreo, your beard looks like mine, exept mines like three times longer .