The dream thread

Discussions worth keeping around later.
Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Re: The dream thread

Post by Torco »

Astraios wrote:
Torco wrote:I dreamt a transexual taught me how to suck my own penis. It wasn't really fun.
I used to be able to reach, but now I can't. From what I remember, it was overrated, because when I came I was all bent over and it gave me cramps. xD
O_0
now that's what I call flexible.

@Eddy: nah, it really sounds more interesting that it was.

Astraios
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Astraios »

Torco wrote:O_0
now that's what I call flexible.
I used to do gymnastics, and be all flexible and contortionist-like. But now I'm just a stiff old twig, so boo. :(

Risla
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Risla »

Torco wrote:I dreamt a transexual taught me how to suck my own penis. It wasn't really fun.
I once had a dream like that, actually. Probably weirder for me than for you...

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

Risla wrote:
Now *that* requires a bit more flexibility... around 15 centimeters more of it.

Risla
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Risla »

Torco wrote:
Risla wrote:
Now *that* requires a bit more flexibility... around 15 centimeters more of it.
Actually, in the dream I was bedonged.

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

awesome!

Aurora Rossa
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Aurora Rossa »

Torco wrote:awesome!
Indeed
"There was a particular car I soon came to think of as distinctly St. Louis-ish: a gigantic white S.U.V. with a W. bumper sticker on it for George W. Bush."

Jetboy
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Jetboy »

If that's anything like being beheaded, that dream must have been quite unpleasant. I shudder at the thought.
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
–Herm Albright
Even better than a proto-conlang, it's the *kondn̥ǵʰwéh₂s

alice
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by alice »

I was going to describe a dream I had which involved myself and another ZBB, er, member in - well, let's just say that it would fall totally flat after that.
Zompist's Markov generator wrote:it was labelled" orange marmalade," but that is unutterably hideous.

linguoboy
Sanno
Sanno

Post by linguoboy »

Last night I dreamt that I got into it with a realtor from Dupage County, only she pronounced it /dju'paʒ/. I mocked her for this, telling her that I was from the "County of Lac". It was only after I woke up that I realised that was totally wrong and what I should've told her was "County of Chef".

Risla
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Risla »

Heyoooo sex dream which totally didn't involve Lucius Malfoy, NOT EVEN A LITTLE BIT

Astraios
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Astraios »

Risla wrote:Heyoooo sex dream which totally didn't involve Lucius Malfoy, NOT EVEN A LITTLE BIT
Why the hell not

Risla
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Risla »

Astraios wrote:
Risla wrote:Heyoooo sex dream which totally didn't involve Lucius Malfoy, NOT EVEN A LITTLE BIT
Why the hell not
I don't know, but it, like, definitely didn't involve him at all, that would be silly. The dream also was totally not located in Narnia.

Aurora Rossa
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Aurora Rossa »

I hate to engage in thought policing, but wasn't that guy the wizard equivalent of a white supremacist or something?
"There was a particular car I soon came to think of as distinctly St. Louis-ish: a gigantic white S.U.V. with a W. bumper sticker on it for George W. Bush."

Astraios
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Astraios »

Eddy wrote:I hate to engage in thought policing, but wasn't that guy the wizard equivalent of a white supremacist or something?
Just because you're a Nazi doesn't mean you're unsexy (though I wouldn't have sex with a Nazi even if I did find him hot). But the fact that he's Lucius Malfoy makes him sex in a black cloack.

Risla
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Risla »

Eddy wrote:
I hate to engage in thought policing, but wasn't that guy the wizard equivalent of a white supremacist or something?
Yeah, for some reason the only crushes I get on fictional characters are on complete, unrepentant, absurdly arrogant bastards. (Even though IRL I only get crushes on people who are nice to me...and hell, even though I'm straight I occasionally get fictionalcharactercrushes on female characters.) I could give a list, but it would probably be humiliating. :P

My various wonky crushes do not usually turn into sex dreams, however.

dunomapuka
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by dunomapuka »

In a little town in a Japanese forest, like Nikko, but I noticed there were areas just within the city walls where there were trees growing in several feet of standing water. I went to a municipal office to go talk to the head of Town Planning or something, so I met with him and a girl I know, who happened to be working as an intern in the office. She said that another person on the staff absolutely would not permit the removal of the trees (for some reason I wanted the trees to be cut down), because, having grown up in Hiroshima, she was extremely interested in issues of social justice, and was ethically opposed to the destruction of anything whatsoever. Apparently they decided everything by consensus.

So I asked whether they couldn't, at least, drain the stagnant water? It was beginning to breed mosquitoes. And they sheepishly admitted that they ought to do something about that.

sangi39
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by sangi39 »

Pretty much all the dreams I remember having fall into two groups:

1) Dreams that are too surreal to remember anything beyond the fact they were really surreal
2) Sex dreams

And the frequency of the latter over the last two weeks wasn't helped by a recent (and very eventful) trip to Sheffield with the wife and the up-coming visit of a friend I like quite a bit.
You can tell the same lie a thousand times,
But it never gets any more true,
So close your eyes once more and once more believe
That they all still believe in you.
Just one time.

MisterBernie
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by MisterBernie »

sangi39 wrote:Pretty much all the dreams I remember having fall into two groups:

1) Dreams that are too surreal to remember anything beyond the fact they were really surreal
2) Sex dreams

And the frequency of the latter over the last two weeks wasn't helped by a recent (and very eventful) trip to Sheffield with the wife and the up-coming visit of a friend I like quite a bit.
My dreams have the uncomfortable tendency to segue from 2) into 1), which leads to me waking up with massive :x face.

And if it's 1 :> 2, I wake up with " :| did I just have sex with the president of Russia after helping Harry Potter return to Narnia" etched onto my face.
Constructed Voices - Another conlanging/conworlding blog.
Latest post: Joyful Birth of the Oiled One

finlay
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by finlay »

I really hate dreaming. I've probably mentioned that in this thread already. I hate not knowing until I wake up that it was all fake. I hate still being half-in-a-dream when I wake up...

Pthagnar
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Pthagnar »

finlay wrote:I really hate dreaming. I've probably mentioned that in this thread already. I hate not knowing until I wake up that it was all fake. I hate still being half-in-a-dream when I wake up...
what's it like
being wrong

Lyhoko Leaci
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Lyhoko Leaci »

Risla wrote:
Eddy wrote:
Yeah, for some reason the only crushes I get on fictional characters are on complete, unrepentant, absurdly arrogant bastards. (Even though IRL I only get crushes on people who are nice to me...and hell, even though I'm straight I occasionally get fictionalcharactercrushes on female characters.) I could give a list, but it would probably be humiliating. :P

My various wonky crushes do not usually turn into sex dreams, however.
While not necessarily crushes, the process that leads to a character becoming my favorite in a story is completely unknown to me, and in most cases, it seems to end up going in the same or a similar path to yours... How else do I explain my favorite character in one story being the character who's best known for trying to murder the main character, all the while continuing to smile? (Though maybe one of the spin offs might explain that...)

I only remember having one actual sex dream... which involved a character I made up and it took place in my grandparents house. And the character in question's a shapeshifter, as if it wasn't weird enough. Odd that the Nacran's native form showed up in there, even though I've never thought about it all that much when I've been awake.

Last night I had a dream where a road was being constructed in a hilly city, and I was using magic of some sort to clear and level a path for the road, and drained part of a random lake. Tunnels were also involved, but I don't remember much now. There was another dream as well, but I forgot everything about it other than I had it.
Zain pazitovcor, sio? Sio, tovcor.
You can't read that, right? Yes, it says that.
Shinali Sishi wrote:"Have I spoken unclearly? I meant electric catfish not electric onions."

makvas
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by makvas »

I hate not knowing until I wake up that it was all fake
Odd, I always know I'm dreaming when I am. Not to say that my dreams are usually lucid; I can only plainly remember one completely lucid dream. But I've never had a dream that felt like it was real.

Soap
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Soap »

fOr me, even the most ridiculous dreams, such as seeing people transformed into horses, will seem real until at least until I wake up. Some of the less ridiculous ones, such as there being an electronics store a mile from my house, will fool me until Ive been up for a while and have an opportunity to think about it again.
Sunàqʷa the Sea Lamprey says:

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

I dreamt I ran into an internet celebrity on the streets of Berlin, and I asked him for a cigarrette,and the guy acted like he knew me personally.