The dream thread

Discussions worth keeping around later.
linguoboy
Sanno
Sanno

Re: The dream thread

Post by linguoboy »

MisterBernie wrote:That sounds like Ionesco could've written it.
It did occur to me to think Just how avant-garde is this piece supposed to be?. It seemed to be a grim satire about a couple who long to kill each other starting a vegetarian restaurant in their urban apartment kitchen, but it was hard to which gimmicks were intentional and which resulted from the general lack of organisation.
Last edited by linguoboy on Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

MisterBernie
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by MisterBernie »

linguoboy wrote:It did occur to me to think Just how avant-garde is this piece supposed to be?. It seemed to be a grim satire about a couple who long to kill each other starting a vegetarian restaurant in their urban apartment kitchen, but it was hard to which gimmicks were intentional and which resulted from the general lack of organisation.
...is it sad that I'd actually watch that play?
Constructed Voices - Another conlanging/conworlding blog.
Latest post: Joyful Birth of the Oiled One

Civil War Bugle
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Civil War Bugle »

Is it sad I want to write that play?

dunomapuka
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by dunomapuka »

Okay, I'm gonna try to reconstruct this one... a doctor said that he didn't use the internet or even a telephone, but preferred to send all messages physically via a courier because it increased his "swag."

Then I was in a swimming pool with a few people and they decided to have a Shakespeare recitation. But I wasn't in the mood for this because it was 4 in the morning, and they assigned me some minor role, so I would have to paddle around aimlessly during the long wait for my lines, when I just wanted to go to bed.

Shm Jay
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Shm Jay »

I dreamt I stopped off at the Bosnian & Herzegovinan bus station/airport terminal/dormitory/embassy compound/immigrant centre in OKC and saw two people from high school, one of whom had been Black, but whose skin colour had faded or bleached to something like Obama's skin colour; and the other of whom I recognized because of her earrings, which looked like the ZZTop logo. She wasn't thrilled when I told her this.

Jetboy
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Jetboy »

I was working with some other people in a small bookstore that had crazy-short hours (something like 9-2), and as something of a joke our employer had hidden some small item whose identity I now forget somewhere in the store; however, the joke had gone slightly wrong, as none of us could find it, and the item was not entirely unimportant (either that or the employer was just mocking us for being so dumb, having expected us to find it quickly). Having searched the lower level fairly thoroughly, I went up to the ground level, leaving the others behind. We had a display of the Harry Potter books near the top of the stairs, and as I got there I saw that Harry Potter himself was investigating the books. I searched the ground floor, and went back down to check there again; having again concluded the item we were looking for wasn't in the lower level, I decided to look for it outside the store. Harry was still at the top of the stairs, crouching down to get a better look at the book display, and this time seeing him struck me as odd; I realized that the person must be Daniel Radcliffe, since Harry Potter was fictional. I watched him for a minute or so, but didn't want things to get awkward, so I left the store to look for the item. The shop was on a corner, and one of the streets was on a hill; I went up this, and eventually came into a brick belfry-type place, the walls of which were essentially composed of arches, looking out on green tree branches. A Colombian friend of mine who's in the English classes at the place I take language classes was there with some other people, and I assumed they were having class, but there was no teacher, and I was somewhat confused as why they were there. I left the belfry-esque place and returned to the store, but just as I drew level with it on the hill, the employer who'd hidden whatever item came out and told me they were closing.

I'm fairly sure that most of this dream results from me cleaning out my old house yesterday in preparation to sell it; I didn't have quite as much time to check all the nooks and crannys for stuff I might want to keep as I would have like to have had. Also, I found most of my old Harry Potter books to save for rereading, but couldn't find two of them, which is probably Mr. Radcliffe's reason for being in there.
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
–Herm Albright
Even better than a proto-conlang, it's the *kondn̥ǵʰwéh₂s

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

I dreamt I fucked some dude and a girl with whom I once had something.
... weeerd.

MisterBernie
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by MisterBernie »

Torco wrote:I dreamt I fucked some dude and a girl with whom I once had something.
... weeerd.
But in comparison to the convolutedness of some other dreams, very succinct and to the point!
Constructed Voices - Another conlanging/conworlding blog.
Latest post: Joyful Birth of the Oiled One

Astraios
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Astraios »

Torco wrote:I dreamt I fucked some dude and a girl with whom I once had something.
I always knew you were secretly bisexual.

Risla
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Risla »

I had a dream where I met PthVg, who was mostly naked except he was wearing fake glue-on mustaches all over his body. He called me stupid and informed me that he's not gay, but is in fact "elmosexual."

Aurora Rossa
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Aurora Rossa »

Risla wrote:I had a dream where I met PthVg, who was mostly naked except he was wearing fake glue-on mustaches all over his body. He called me stupid and informed me that he's not gay, but is in fact "elmosexual."
He calls me stupid all the time, so I guess at least one detail of your dream is accurate.
"There was a particular car I soon came to think of as distinctly St. Louis-ish: a gigantic white S.U.V. with a W. bumper sticker on it for George W. Bush."

Nesescosac
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Nesescosac »

I've had several dreams involving Pthug. In one, for example, he was named Pythag and posted about math. One time I played cricket with him - he was really good. Another time he was my English teacher and kept making fun of me. Why, Pthug, do you crop in my dreams so much?
I did have a bizarrely similar (to the original poster's) accident about four years ago, in which I slipped over a cookie and somehow twisted my ankle so far that it broke
What kind of cookie?
Aeetlrcreejl > Kicgan Vekei > me /ne.ses.tso.sats/

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

Astraios wrote:
I always knew you were secretly bisexual.
I'm probably not a perfect 0 on the Kinsey scale, no.

Astraios
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Astraios »

Torco wrote:I'm probably not a perfect 0 on the Kinsey scale, no.
I doubt anybody is.

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

I doubt anybody is.
Yeah, me too.
Eddy wrote:
Risla wrote:I had a dream where I met PthVg, who was mostly naked except he was wearing fake glue-on mustaches all over his body. He called me stupid and informed me that he's not gay, but is in fact "elmosexual."
He calls me stupid all the time, so I guess at least one detail of your dream is accurate.
click here for sophisticated irony

Lyhoko Leaci
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Lyhoko Leaci »

A while back, I had a dream where I was in a Lego world, and I had a house near the coast, but there were Lego sharks in the water, so I couldn't go for a swim. Then there was a trash can type brick that would make any brick you dropped in it disappear, which turned out to have a black hole in it, that for whatever reason, didn't have any noticeable gravity, and didn't eat the trash can brick itself. Then the black hole fell out when the can got tipped over, and it started rolling around, destroying the floor. (but oddly not the ground) I found that I could somewhat push it round without touching it, but I couldn't get it back in the can, so I settled for flinging it off into the distance somewhere.

Last night, I had a dream that Ranma Saotome was in a car race for some reason, but as he (or maybe she at the time, I don't remember...) went though a tunnel leading to a bridge over a canyon, something happened to his car, which started sputtering and smoking and making all sort of weird noises, but the tunnel was narrow enough that the other racers had a hard time passing him, and partly pushed him along onto the bridge.

Then I was delivering a tissue sample in a bandaid to someone, and to examine it, they rolled a needle around in the sample, and somehow determined it was infected with something that I don't remember what. I then went with the person who examined it into a place that looked like a bomb went off or something, then my companion points behind me, and I turn around just in time to see some soldiers pop up from behind a pile of rubble and shoot me full of holes, causing me to wake up. Oddly, I didn't feel anything at all.

(I have gotten shot once before in a dream, though in that case it was just a single shot from a handgun, and I had really tough skin that stopped the bullet. I thought at the time that someone just poked me in the shoulder, until I turned around and saw the person with the gun. I then roasted him using my pyrokinetic powers.)
Zain pazitovcor, sio? Sio, tovcor.
You can't read that, right? Yes, it says that.
Shinali Sishi wrote:"Have I spoken unclearly? I meant electric catfish not electric onions."

Shm Jay
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Shm Jay »

I dreamt I was on the Jon Stewart show.

Bristel
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Bristel »

Shm Jay wrote:I dreamt I was on the Jon Stewart show.
I'm sorry to hear that, it must have been an absolute nightmare...
[bɹ̠ˤʷɪs.təɫ]
Nōn quālibet inīquā cupiditāte illectus hoc agō
Yo te pongo en tu lugar...
Taisc mach Daró

Nesescosac
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Nesescosac »

My girlfriend broke up with me and posted about it on the Internet. It got a million views. That wasn't a fun dream at all.
I did have a bizarrely similar (to the original poster's) accident about four years ago, in which I slipped over a cookie and somehow twisted my ankle so far that it broke
What kind of cookie?
Aeetlrcreejl > Kicgan Vekei > me /ne.ses.tso.sats/

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

Aeetlrcreejl wrote:My girlfriend broke up with me and posted about it on the Internet. It got a million views. That wasn't a fun dream at all.
it was for me, I had the same one but in it, I was a youtube viewer
:P
nah, really, sounds like a scary nightmare. sidehug, buddy

Shm Jay
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Shm Jay »

I dreamt I was at my high school cafeteria piling a whole lot of fish and chips on my plate. Too bad I woke up before I got to eat the fish and chips. You can't get that dish here in Oklahoma.

Aurora Rossa
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Aurora Rossa »

Soap wrote:Our house had been transformed into a gigantic mansion, with a bathroom containing several bathtubs the size of swimming pools. I was playing around in there and found that I had flooded most of the room (the tubs were separated by walls, but the water level had gone above some of the walls), and couldnt get the water to drain out. After a while a guest showed me that one of the plugs was a "master" that when pulled would drain out all of the other tubs as well.
Sounds like the sort of dream Viktor would have.
"There was a particular car I soon came to think of as distinctly St. Louis-ish: a gigantic white S.U.V. with a W. bumper sticker on it for George W. Bush."

alice
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by alice »

I dreamt I was in Waterstone's (a bookshop) with no shoes, and the floor was smooth enough for me to travel around just by sliding. I had to hold onto things to stop myself so I could look at the books, but as soon as I let go I started sliding again.
Zompist's Markov generator wrote:it was labelled" orange marmalade," but that is unutterably hideous.

Astraios
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Astraios »

I was on a sleeper train journey up the bottom of the Amazon River, and I was having hot sex with the guy from the bunk below, and then something moved underneath the sheets which turned out to be a huge electric eel, which was intent on biting my arms off. Needless to say, I was not pleased with it for interrupting good sex, and I bashed it against the wall, but it slithered away to the floor of the train, which I noticed was slowly filling up with water, so me and the guy went up a level into my bunk, and continued having sex, but then the eel had managed to crawl up too and was now trying to get underneath my sheets and bite my arms off again. So I threw it away from me, and apparently made the motion of throwing in real life too, which woke me up.

That must have some kind of Freudian meaning in it.

Soap
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Soap »

Pushing 2 baby carriages through town playing this at top volume, going so fast I was getting one block for each verse. People were giving me weird loosk so I switched it off and just imagined the song in my head. There were a bunch of other things going on in the dream that I dont remember.
Sunàqʷa the Sea Lamprey says: