Kereb
Avisaru
Avisaru

Re: The Official ZBB Quote Thread

Post by Kereb »

Drydic Guy wrote:
Éidan wrote:
Drydic Guy wrote:
Éidan wrote:Also this confusion maybe be very ancient, since the Romans used to say: Beati Hispani quibus bibere vivere est! "Blessed be the Spanish for whom to drink is to live!"
Citation fucking needed. I have yet to find anything suggesting that the b~v merger is that old, and I HAVE found things to suggest that they did not merge until well into the Old Spanish period. More likely the saying (if it is indeed attributable to the romans) was just calling the Hispanī happy drunks.

EDIT: And I've just been informed that the saying may indeed have been coined by an 16th century Italian who happened to be named Julius Caesar (Scaliger). So...yeah.
Not according to wikiquote: http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Julius_Caesar
Read a page before you quote it, it's not there.
incredible.
<Anaxandridas> How many artists do you know get paid?
<Anaxandridas> Seriously, name five.

Shrdlu
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Shrdlu »

Astraios wrote:
Theta wrote:Ečéla yukšáŋšaŋ mawáni yeló.
"Omáwani" naíŋš "(máni) oblúmni" eyá yo. Yukšáŋkšaŋ mayáni kéhe kiŋháŋ glakíŋkiŋyaŋ máni lá kéčhiŋpi kte.
Say "I walked about" or "I wandered around (on foot)". If you say you walked "yukšáŋkšaŋ", people will think you were going along walking back and forth from side to side in a zigzag pattern.

o-má<wa>ni | naíŋš | máni | o-wa-yu-mní | eyÁ=yo || yu-kšáŋ~RED | má<ya>ni | ká-ehÁ | kiŋháŋ | glakíŋyaŋ~RED | máni | ya-yÁ | ká-ečhíŋ=pi=ktA

GENR-walk<1S.ACT> | or | walk | GENR-1S.ACT-by.hand.action-revolving.on.its.axis | say.QUOT=IMP.MSPK || by.hand.action-be.bent~FREQ | walk<2.ACT> | DIST-say.QUOT.2.ACT | if.REAL | at.right.angles.to~FREQ | walk | 2.ACT-go.PROG | DIST-think.QUOT=ANI.PL=IRR
you shouldn't have told him, really.......
If I stop posting out of the blue it probably is because my computer and the board won't cooperate and let me log in.!

Jipí
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Jipí »

viewtopic.php?p=955951#p955951
linguoboy wrote:
El Torco wrote:damn kids nowadays... when I was a kid we had to walk two kilometers in the snow to get our phonemes, research? don't get me started! you practically had to kill someone to get an article about case that wasn't about Latin... those were the good days, man.
FER SERIUS! I had to copy all my shit out of books. Lifting directly from Wikipedia and making no effort to hide the fact is like trying to pass off boughten baked goods as homemade without even bothering to remove the price tags.

Cedh
Sanno
Sanno

Post by Cedh »

Milloniare wrote:The stress is always on the first syllable, with secondary stress on the third, and so forth
Emphasis added by Lyktorna.

Bob Johnson
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Bob Johnson »

Darkgamma wrote:You don't seem to understand.

ol bofosh
Smeric
Smeric
Location: tʰæ.ɹʷˠə.ˈgɜʉ̯.nɜ kʰæ.tə.ˈlɜʉ̯.nʲɜ spɛ̝ɪ̯n ˈjʏː.ɹəʔp

Post by ol bofosh »

And he was right.
It was about time I changed this.

Herr Dunkel
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Herr Dunkel »

Chagen wrote: I'm not stupid, fuck you. Fuck you with a rusty sewage pipe, you pretentious cunt.
sano wrote:
To my dearest Darkgamma,
http://www.dazzlejunction.com/greetings/thanks/thank-you-bear.gif
Sincerely,
sano

Grimalkin
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Grimalkin »

That is indeed a classic quote from our beloved and venerable Chagen.

ol bofosh
Smeric
Smeric

Post by ol bofosh »

Drydic Guy wrote:Ok now you're just being nonsensical, and smug to boot. There is no point to continuing this conversation, you're utterly broken.
Gosh, I feel warm and fuzzy inside.

Herr Dunkel
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Herr Dunkel »

treegod wrote:The penny finally dropped:
Drydic Guy wrote:Ok now you're just being nonsensical, and smug to boot. There is no point to continuing this conversation, you're utterly broken.
Gosh, I feel warm and fuzzy inside.
That's not a memorable quote. That's bushl33t
sano wrote:
To my dearest Darkgamma,
Sincerely,
sano

ol bofosh
Smeric
Smeric

Post by ol bofosh »

What're your favorite quotes by fellow ZBBers?
not
What're your memorable quotes by fellow ZBBers?
Just sayin'...

Herr Dunkel
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Herr Dunkel »

treegod wrote:
What're your favorite quotes by fellow ZBBers?
not
What're your memorable quotes by fellow ZBBers?
Just sayin'...
So you love being spat at?
sano wrote:
To my dearest Darkgamma,
Sincerely,
sano

ol bofosh
Smeric
Smeric

Post by ol bofosh »

No, I like to see someone finally realise they're getting nowhere, that sort of "zen moment" of cutting through cotton chains.

Herr Dunkel
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Herr Dunkel »

treegod wrote:No, I like to see someone finally realise they're getting nowhere, that sort of "zen moment" of cutting through cotton chains.
You do know that the other DG is annoyed by your genious and awesome (old-fashioned awesome) brainpower?
That's not really a compliment, nor something you should like - he's not getting anywhere, trying to have an intelligent convo with you.
sano wrote:
To my dearest Darkgamma,
Sincerely,
sano

ol bofosh
Smeric
Smeric

Post by ol bofosh »

You do know that the other DG is annoyed by your genious and awesome (old-fashioned awesome) brainpower?
That's not really a compliment, nor something you should like - he's not getting anywhere, trying to have an intelligent convo with you.
Trying being the operative word. If he knew me better he could get intelligent responses out of me, but instead he said "So go and try to STOP being a noob, not revel in being a noob like you are," when I have "license to noob" in my signature. It's advertised, it's not in doubt. You might as well sink cork in water by hitting it. :mrgreen:

Herr Dunkel
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Herr Dunkel »

treegod wrote:
Trying being the operative word. If he knew me better he could get intelligent responses out of me, but instead he said "So go and try to STOP being a noob, not revel in being a noob like you are," when I have "license to noob" in my signature. It's advertised, it's not in doubt. You might as well sink cork in water by hitting it. :mrgreen:
You know that with him trying, I stated that he could not succeed, due to someone is being quite smug.

And he's right. Stop noobing around, you look and act like a Chagen with an added 35g of braenpowah - not much.
Just being licenced to n00b (which you arnt >:o ) doesn't mean that you should aspire to be a dense, assholish aspie n00b
sano wrote:
To my dearest Darkgamma,
Sincerely,
sano

ol bofosh
Smeric
Smeric

Post by ol bofosh »

You know that with him trying, I stated that he could not succeed, due to someone is being quite smug.

And he's right. Stop noobing around, you look and act like a Chagen with an added 35g of braenpowah - not much.
Just being licenced to n00b (which you arnt >:o ) doesn't mean that you should aspire to be a dense, assholish aspie n00b
There should be a noobaholic's anonymous, it may be my only hope.

Herr Dunkel
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Herr Dunkel »

treegod wrote:

There should be a noobaholic's anonymous, it may be my only hope.
I'm going to do what the other DG should've done:

You treegod. Treegod not good. Treegod want thing. Thing is noob. Treegod want be noob. Noob not good. Treegod proud of thing. Treegod proud of not good. Treegod not good.
sano wrote:
To my dearest Darkgamma,
Sincerely,
sano

Whimemsz
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Whimemsz »

No, your only hope is to stop fucking posting so much and go LEARN MORE. That is how you are cured of noobness, not by snottily waving your noobness around like it's a friggin medal.

However, in lieu of being a total dick, I'll be helpful too, and recommend specific resources that are very helpful (in the glossing thread, to avoid continuing this argument here).

ol bofosh
Smeric
Smeric

Post by ol bofosh »

You treegod. Treegod not good. Treegod want thing. Thing is noob. Treegod want be noob. Noob not good. Treegod proud of thing. Treegod proud of not good. Treegod not good.
He should've, you're right.

(btw, there's a song in that)
However, in lieu of being a total dick, I'll be helpful too, and recommend specific resources that are very helpful (in the glossing thread, to avoid continuing this argument here).
That would be very good (in the glossing thread). Thank you.

Risla
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Risla »

<Cev> The rule is
<Cev> If you can't really explain what something does, call it the middle voice

linguoboy
Sanno
Sanno

Post by linguoboy »

Torco wrote:no one follows Greek polytheism anymore and you don't see all the material about greek mythology promptly vanishing like decartes hitting nirvana.

Viktor77
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Viktor77 »

sano wrote:
Legion wrote:*adds the UK to the list of countries he won't visit anymore*
And a collective sigh of relief was heard from the British Isles.
Falgwian and Falgwia!!

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

Wattmann
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Wattmann »

Shm Jay wrote:OK, this is how you can heal and cleanse yourself from the experience with some Canadian secquesmajik. Have your girl prepare a bowl full of ice water with small ice cubes. Take off your pants and underwear. Have her take an ice cube and run it around the inside of the buttocks and the perineum for as many as she feels are needed to soothe the area. She may say something as she’s doing it, or she may not, depending on what you and she prefer. Then she should do the same around the anus. Then when the ice cubes are very very small and very very rounded, she should pop a couple, or a few (depending on how small they are) into the rectum. Then she should press the buttocks together while the ice melts and the cold seeps into the rectal region, cleansing it and purifying it from all the unpleasantness, discomfort, and violation. Finally you sit down in the bowl of ice water for a bit, and then dispose of it together by pouring it down the toilet.

After that, you will be able to poop again once everything warms up.
Warning: Recovering bilingual, attempting trilinguaility. Knowledge of French left behind in childhood. Currently repairing bilinguality. Repair stalled. Above content may be a touch off.

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

Rodlox wrote:
hieroglyphs wrote:What's more, an Internet search shows me that other people spell it that way, too.
the internet will also tell you that you can haz cheezburgr.
Kereb wrote:someone's trying to get into the quote thread