The Official ZBB Quote Thread

Discussions worth keeping around later.
masako
Smeric
Smeric

Re: The Official ZBB Quote Thread

Post by masako »

Torco wrote:Traditionally, I must make a joke implying I've had sexual intercourse with yours, this is what the honor of my people demands.

Cedh
Sanno
Sanno

Post by Cedh »

brandrinn wrote:
Pthug wrote:
Astraios wrote:you're just like an irregular verb in a foreign language - lots of people get angry because you don't fit into the regular common easy-to-understand boxes, but still they can't do anything about it because that's just the way it is.
but they can. levelling happens all the time!
I want to see some fascist dictator describe ethnic cleansing in the language of diachronic phonology.

"The Gypsies are like a glottal stop, wedged in our otherwise sonority hierarchy-compliant consonant cluster! They must be... elided."

Whimemsz
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Whimemsz »

Kereb wrote:I've got a system for rating public toilets ... it grades what level of horror the bathroom inspires in you based on what rhetorical question you are left with
level 0 is the completely unremarkable experience we all hope we'll have when we use a public or business's toilet
level 1 is a "who" facility. You walk in and you say like "aw man, who pissed all over the seat" or "dammit, who left wet paper towels all over the counter"
level 2 is a "why" facility. You ask angrier questions like "jesus fuck why would someone shit on the seat, what is wrong with people" or "why would anyone lay toilet paper on the seat as a sanitary barrier, and then piss all over it, leaving wet pissy paper all over the seat. why would anyone ever do a thing like that?"
but level 3 or "how" facilities inspire questions where there is no room for anger any more, just pure bewilderment: "how did someone get shit on the light fixture?" or "how did a human being manage to fill the bowl to the brim with foamy liquid shit?"

And if anyone says these things don't get that bad, you're wrong. Level 1 is the standard for facilities in fast food restaurants, level 2 is standard for gas stations or public facilities accessible from the outdoors, and level 3 is standard for facilities attached to a public pool.

Mr. Z
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Mr. Z »

Whimemsz wrote:
Kereb wrote:I've got a system for rating public toilets ... it grades what level of horror the bathroom inspires in you based on what rhetorical question you are left with
level 0 is the completely unremarkable experience we all hope we'll have when we use a public or business's toilet
level 1 is a "who" facility. You walk in and you say like "aw man, who pissed all over the seat" or "dammit, who left wet paper towels all over the counter"
level 2 is a "why" facility. You ask angrier questions like "jesus fuck why would someone shit on the seat, what is wrong with people" or "why would anyone lay toilet paper on the seat as a sanitary barrier, and then piss all over it, leaving wet pissy paper all over the seat. why would anyone ever do a thing like that?"
but level 3 or "how" facilities inspire questions where there is no room for anger any more, just pure bewilderment: "how did someone get shit on the light fixture?" or "how did a human being manage to fill the bowl to the brim with foamy liquid shit?"

And if anyone says these things don't get that bad, you're wrong. Level 1 is the standard for facilities in fast food restaurants, level 2 is standard for gas stations or public facilities accessible from the outdoors, and level 3 is standard for facilities attached to a public pool.
He forgot the "what" facility: "What is that blue-ish thingy around me? That's not shit, it's not brown enough... What the fuck. I gotta get out of here! AHHHHH!"
Přemysl wrote:
Kereb wrote:they are nerdissimus inter nerdes
Oh god, we truly are nerdy. My first instinct was "why didn't he just use sunt and have it all in Latin?".
Languages I speak fluently
English, עברית

Languages I am studying
العربية, 日本語

Conlangs
Athonian

Pinetree
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Pinetree »

Mr. Z wrote:
Whimemsz wrote:

He forgot the "what" facility: "What is that blue-ish thingy around me? That's not shit, it's not brown enough... What the fuck. I gotta get out of here! AHHHHH!"
Or the "when" facility: "When was this place last cleaned? The 50s?"

Pole, the
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Pole, the »

Or "where" facility: "Where the fəck am I in, the toilet or the cesspit?"
The conlanger formerly known as “the conlanger formerly known as Pole, the”.

If we don't study the mistakes of the future we're doomed to repeat them for the first time.

ol bofosh
Smeric
Smeric
Location: tʰæ.ɹʷˠə.ˈgɜʉ̯.nɜ kʰæ.tə.ˈlɜʉ̯.nʲɜ spɛ̝ɪ̯n ˈjʏː.ɹəʔp

Post by ol bofosh »

Or "how long?" How long will this area be defined as a environmental catastrophe?
It was about time I changed this.

Thry
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Thry »

How much: how much hate does this person hold for humanity in his heart? Or how much **** does this person hold in his inside?

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

cedh audmanh wrote:
brandrinn wrote:
Pthug wrote:
Astraios wrote:you're just like an irregular verb in a foreign language - lots of people get angry because you don't fit into the regular common easy-to-understand boxes, but still they can't do anything about it because that's just the way it is.
but they can. levelling happens all the time!
I want to see some fascist dictator describe ethnic cleansing in the language of diachronic phonology.

"The Gypsies are like a glottal stop, wedged in our otherwise sonority hierarchy-compliant consonant cluster! They must be... elided."
If I ever write a scifi novel about a dystopian future, they will call genocide 'elision'.

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

insert random interrogative word
reference a possible exclamation using that word that references the lack of maintenance of a public sanitary facility
repeat

next subject

Kereb
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Kereb »

y'all are missing the point. The three-level system works.
<Anaxandridas> How many artists do you know get paid?
<Anaxandridas> Seriously, name five.

Thry
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Thry »

Torco wrote:insert random interrogative word
reference a possible exclamation using that word that references the lack of maintenance of a public sanitary facility
repeat

next subject
you miss the funny-haha part

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

Eandil wrote:
repeat

next subject
there isn't one, was my point

Thry
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Thry »

Torco wrote:
Eandil wrote:
repeat

next subject
why so serious?

Mr. Z
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Mr. Z »

Torco wrote:
Eandil wrote:
repeat

next subject
There was, until it was ruined.

I still believe the "what" level should be number 4. :/
Přemysl wrote:
Kereb wrote:they are nerdissimus inter nerdes
Oh god, we truly are nerdy. My first instinct was "why didn't he just use sunt and have it all in Latin?".
Languages I speak fluently
English, עברית

Languages I am studying
العربية, 日本語

Conlangs
Athonian

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

Eandil wrote:
Torco wrote:
Eandil wrote:
repeat

next subject
why so serious?
i iz no sryus, i iz no laff at no funny stuff. iz difference

Qwynegold
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Qwynegold »

Tieđđá wrote:
sirdanilot wrote:
I have a friend I came onto, but he didn't want me.
Is it just my L2 knowledge of English or does this sound a bit... vulgar?
I think what you're thinking of is 'coming on' someone. 'coming onto' just means blatant flirting.
Although I guess the first one is pretty blatant as well.
My most recent quiz:
Eurovision Song Contest 2018

Zontas
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Zontas »

He also forgot the whence level.

"Whence did this mass of shit get on the fucking floor?! Do elephants use this toilet stall?!!

Edit: Fuck! I'm late.
Hey there.

Ser
Smeric
Smeric
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia / Colombie Britannique, Canada

Post by Ser »

Mr. Z wrote:I still believe the "what" level should be number 4. :/
Nah, "what!?" is such an everyday, normal, instinctive reaction—if anything it should level 0.

"What!? I-, i-, i-... it is actually perfectly clean."

Cthulhu_Inc
Niš
Niš

Post by Cthulhu_Inc »

Nah, a clean, state of the art toilet would rank a -1.

Jerian
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Jerian »

First we have to pinpoint some stuff on this scale:

-at what point on this scale is the toilet at your home located at. Being the most comfortable toilet in the world, it needs to be the standard which everything builds off of.

-crapping in the woods. I think this should be the median. 0. the higher the number, the shittier the toilet, the lower, the cleaner.
"Man is least himself when he speaks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will reveal his true face" --Oscar Wilde

Pthagnar
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Pthagnar »

Jerian_Nostigia wrote:-at what point on this scale is the toilet at your home located at. Being the most comfortable toilet in the world, it needs to be the standard which everything builds off of.
check ur privilege imho

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

indeed, but this
-crapping in the woods. I think this should be the median. 0. the higher the number, the shittier the toilet, the lower, the cleaner.
crapping in the woods is a bad zero because its level of acceptability is wildly variable: I'll crap in the woods with little to no discomfort, others will do so only in extreme circumstances, its so unpleasant for them.
Last edited by Torco on Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pole, the
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Pole, the »

Jipí wrote:I'm a white, practicing protestant, and if that weren't bad alone, I grew up in a mostly rural area of Germany (both of my grandfathers served in the Wehrmacht during WW2), and I'm originally from the very south of the country. I'm not even in denial of that.

According to Eddylogic, this makes me a redneck nazi of the most dangerous kind. The Left would probably immediately lynch me, come the Revolution.
The conlanger formerly known as “the conlanger formerly known as Pole, the”.

If we don't study the mistakes of the future we're doomed to repeat them for the first time.

dunomapuka
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by dunomapuka »

Jay, to Eddy:
3. No one is going to shove a soft-boiled egg up your rectum, either, or whatever other ridiculous thing you fear.