The Official ZBB Quote Thread

Discussions worth keeping around later.
Cedh
Sanno
Sanno

Re: The Official ZBB Quote Thread

Post by Cedh »

Imralu wrote:- Torco, you are never a listener to me. This is a maker of me to be sad. I am already a long-term feeler that you are no longer a care-abouter of me and this is a botherer of me - so much so that I am an intender of being a divorcer of you if you are not very soon an incipient demonstrator of your love to me. Be not a starer at me blankly! Be a teller to me that you are a lover of me! If you are one-who-is-incapable of being such a teller, I will be a walker out that door. You are a possessor of ten seconds.

- Be not a goer, Imralu. Be a stayer here with me because I am indeed a lover of you, so much so that my heart is, so often, a terrible acher. I am one-who-is-incapable of being an expresser of my true feelings for you because the verb-paucity of our language is a maker of me to be a preferrer to be a talker about strictly material things. I am already a long-term expecter that this may be a driver of a wedge between us but now it is a true event (a happener). You are a deserver of someone better. *is a sobber*

- Be not a crier Torco. I am now a future stayer. You are an explainer of your true feelings. Be a comer here and I am a near-future hugger of you.

Oh, the flowing romance!!

Jipí
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Jipí »

That so reminds me of the all-nouns language that Zomp alludes to in the LCK...

Ser
Smeric
Smeric
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia / Colombie Britannique, Canada

Post by Ser »

cedh audmanh wrote:
Imralu wrote:- Torco, you are never a listener to me. [...] Oh, the flowing romance!!
I think this is missing a bit of context:
MIGUELbM, presenting his conlang which has a very small, closed class of verbs, wrote:Here is an update with moods aspects and tenses:

// VERBS

VA to be
SHI to be (locative)
FE to be (temporal)
MI to have
DA to do/move
LE to create/transform

[Tense, aspect and voice markers are presented after.]
Then Torco, replying to the list of verbs, wrote:in a reverse sapir-whorf style, ideology can probably be read from the fact that no verb of all the five has anything to do with emotion, human interaction, or any dimension of qualia, which is nice if you want the 'lang to reflect some underlying materialist, or antifenomenological, or no-touchy-feely-shit vibe.

linguoboy
Sanno
Sanno

Post by linguoboy »

Kereb wrote:There still are ways that people speak and don't speak; the opposite of prescriptivism isn't necessarily "every noise that comes out of my hole is just as valid and lovely as the noises that actually make sense to the community of speakers at large".

Ser
Smeric
Smeric
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia / Colombie Britannique, Canada

Post by Ser »

dhokarena56 wrote:<dhok> in any case, i have been sufficiently traumatised by a three-year one track crush on my history teacher
[...]
<dhok> i also once bought a cookie of hers at a bake sale
<dhok> said
<dhok> "hoc est enim corpus suum"
<dhok> and ate it
<dhok> it was a good cookie

Gulliver
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Gulliver »

Izambri wrote:Sphincter Party in da haus!

dhok
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by dhok »

<dhok> but what you're saying eddy
<dhok> correct me if I am wrong
<dhok> is that the Left demands that its members be close-minded
<Red_Dawn>You could describe it that way. They would see it as eschewing reactionary materials that could draw you away from the left. Eg, if you listen to enough racist music, you'll get desensitized to racism and start to sympathize with it.

Pthagnar
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Pthagnar »

dhokarena56 wrote:
<dhok> but what you're saying eddy
<dhok> correct me if I am wrong
<dhok> is that the Left demands that its members be close-minded
<Red_Dawn>You could describe it that way. They would see it as eschewing reactionary materials that could draw you away from the left. Eg, if you listen to enough racist music, you'll get desensitized to racism and start to sympathize with it.
why is this stupid? propaganda is by its nature persuasive. if you do not wish to be persuaded by it, because it is, say, an occasion of sin you know yourself to be susceptible to, then of course it could be wise to avoid it.

Radius Solis
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Radius Solis »

Pthagnar wrote: why is this stupid? propaganda is by its nature persuasive. if you do not wish to be persuaded by it, because it is, say, an occasion of sin you know yourself to be susceptible to, then of course it could be wise to avoid it.
If only you had done so.

Kereb
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Kereb »

Legion wrote:I was going to write a lengthy rebuttal but then I realised that fuck you
<Anaxandridas> How many artists do you know get paid?
<Anaxandridas> Seriously, name five.

Pthagnar
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Pthagnar »

Radius Solis wrote:
Pthagnar wrote: why is this stupid? propaganda is by its nature persuasive. if you do not wish to be persuaded by it, because it is, say, an occasion of sin you know yourself to be susceptible to, then of course it could be wise to avoid it.
If only you had done so.
f u puritan f u

dhok
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by dhok »

Viktor77 wrote: I could look up all I want the demographics of the UK, but I'll never know how it is truly viewed unless I have a native make me a stereotype map.

Aurora Rossa
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Aurora Rossa »

Pthagnar wrote:why is this stupid? propaganda is by its nature persuasive. if you do not wish to be persuaded by it, because it is, say, an occasion of sin you know yourself to be susceptible to, then of course it could be wise to avoid it.
Finally, someone who gets it.
"There was a particular car I soon came to think of as distinctly St. Louis-ish: a gigantic white S.U.V. with a W. bumper sticker on it for George W. Bush."

Xephyr
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Xephyr »

Jabechasqvi wrote:
Pthagnar wrote:why is this stupid? propaganda is by its nature persuasive. if you do not wish to be persuaded by it, because it is, say, an occasion of sin you know yourself to be susceptible to, then of course it could be wise to avoid it.
Finally, someone who gets it.
Mario soundtracks and pepperoni pizza aren't "propaganda" you fucktard.
"It will not come by waiting for it. It will not be said, 'Here it is,' or 'There it is.' Rather, the Kingdom of the Father is spread out upon the earth, and men do not see it."
The Gospel of Thomas

Pthagnar
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Pthagnar »

bless me, father, i heard a country music song and was Tempted

Aurora Rossa
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Aurora Rossa »

Xephyr wrote:Mario soundtracks and pepperoni pizza aren't "propaganda" you fucktard.
The pizza came from some Christian fundamentalist business (or some right wing presidential candidate) and buying it directly supports them. The soundtrack is something of an outlier compared to all the unabashed country music you have pushed on me over the years.
"There was a particular car I soon came to think of as distinctly St. Louis-ish: a gigantic white S.U.V. with a W. bumper sticker on it for George W. Bush."

Xephyr
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Xephyr »

Jabechasqvi wrote:
Xephyr wrote:Mario soundtracks and pepperoni pizza aren't "propaganda" you fucktard.
The pizza came from some Christian fundamentalist business (or some right wing presidential candidate) and buying it directly supports them. The soundtrack is something of an outlier compared to all the unabashed country music you have pushed on me over the years.
"Unabashed country music". Like a "blatant taxi driver" or an "unapologetic claustrophobe".
"It will not come by waiting for it. It will not be said, 'Here it is,' or 'There it is.' Rather, the Kingdom of the Father is spread out upon the earth, and men do not see it."
The Gospel of Thomas

Nortaneous
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Nortaneous »

ah yes, music about how capitalists are assholes, how reactionary~
Siöö jandeng raiglin zåbei tandiüłåd;
nää džunnfin kukuch vklaivei sivei tåd.
Chei. Chei. Chei. Chei. Chei. Chei. Chei.

Bristel
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Bristel »

Why do I get the feeling that Eddy only listens to the Communards only for the reason it has "commun-" in its name?
[bɹ̠ˤʷɪs.təɫ]
Nōn quālibet inīquā cupiditāte illectus hoc agō
Yo te pongo en tu lugar...
Taisc mach Daró

Kereb
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Kereb »

Bristel wrote:Why do I get the feeling that Eddy only listens to the Communards only for the reason it has "commun-" in its name?
because you don't have a clue what the fuck you're talking about
Eddy doesn't really listen to much of anything anymore
or read anything or watch anything ... etc
<Anaxandridas> How many artists do you know get paid?
<Anaxandridas> Seriously, name five.

WeepingElf
Smeric
Smeric

Post by WeepingElf »

Can you folx please stop baiting Eddy?
...brought to you by the Weeping Elf
Tha cvastam émi cvastam santham amal phelsa. -- Friedrich Schiller
ESTAR-3SG:P human-OBJ only human-OBJ true-OBJ REL-LOC play-3SG:A

patiku
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by patiku »

We will if you go away.

Xephyr
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Xephyr »

Shut up, patiku.
The Gospel of Thomas

Aurora Rossa
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Aurora Rossa »

Kereb wrote:because you don't have a clue what the fuck you're talking about
Eddy doesn't really listen to much of anything anymore
or read anything or watch anything ... etc
Indeed. I personally try to limit myself to explicitly left wing materials or else works recommended by left wingers. Expanding my horizons beyond that carries some significant risks given how strongly the Left reacts to consuming unacceptable cultural products.

Click
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Click »

Jabechasqvi wrote:Indeed. I personally try to limit myself to explicitly left wing materials or else works recommended by left wingers. Expanding my horizons beyond that carries some significant risks given how strongly the Left reacts to consuming unacceptable cultural products.