The Official ZBB Quote Thread

Discussions worth keeping around later.
캉탁
Lebom
Lebom

Post by 캉탁 »

[ ]
Last edited by 캉탁 on Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. Saturday
Sanci
Sanci

Post by Mr. Saturday »

With ME maybe.
Roll the dice.
Every soul's got a price.

[b]Chaotic Sexy[/b]

goneriku
Sanci
Sanci

Post by goneriku »

<Eddy> Maybe I don't have it so bad after all.

---
<gonorrhoea> I <3 Greco-Roman culture and the such.
<Qang> Feijuada: You were right, he likes teh butsehks

---

<gonorrhoea> How long have you been programming?
<tatapyranga> I was born programming
<tatapyranga> my first words were "main() { ask(milk); return 0; }"
Last edited by goneriku on Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kuh-five
Sanci
Sanci

Post by Kuh-five »

Regarding the Black Speech:

<WurdBendur> Ardalambion has a partial reconstruction, based on what I have no idea.
<neek> Based on lonely nights that could've been better spent masturbating.
[quote="Downtimer"]I was "let go" (canned, but no one said it straight out) from a daycare center because I was too affectionate with the kids (that's just how I am, I'm not a molester or anything)[/quote]

Delalyra
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Delalyra »

Tengado wrote:I wouldn't want Microsoft making the decision on how my language was written. The word grammar checker is bad enough.
Salmoneus wrote:
bricka wrote:Interesting questions, but you're probably talking about a different universe.
Or, you know, like, fiction or something.
[dEl.@."lir\.@] <-- correct pronunciation of my username.

<Rhob> I have a fetish for women.

Trebor
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Trebor »

Nice to see this thread's still alive 'n' kickin'!
con quesa wrote:
Delthayre wrote:For some reason I cannot know, I seem to often attempt to render a weak verb as a strong one. I'm often correcting myself for saying or writing derove instead of derived.
Clearly, after having thrown off nearly every other remnant of Germanic ablaut as a useful method of marking inflection and derivation, the last few strongholds of ablaut'ed verbs are making a comeback, triggering an analogical landslide that will eventually redefine the regular formation of the past tense of an English verb! In the same way that the few hearty organisms that survived the Snowball Earth came to grow and prosper in the Cambrian explosion, becoming the forefathers of all non-bacterial vibrant life; so too, shall the last survivors from the Age of Ablaut usher in a brave new world of vowel alteration!
:mrgreen:

Nuntar
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Nuntar »

From #isharia:
Nae wrote:ok, I think I've figured out.
The first column of the periodic table is reserved for stuff that explodes.
The last column is reserved for stuff that doesn't.
[quote="Amaya"]Every now and then, the world tries to say something. I'm never quite sure whether or not to listen to it at times like that.[/quote]

LinguistCat
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by LinguistCat »

From the tatoo thread in Ephemera:
simon.clarkstone wrote:
Tsiasuk-Pron wrote:The Itlani enjoy body art but it is never overdone. Itlani tatoos are usually small and discrete. The Itlani have a saying:
"A tattoo is an ornament in the garden of the body."
And a badly-chosen tattoo is like a garden gnome? :P
The stars are an ocean. Your breasts, are also an ocean.

Ancenande
Sanci
Sanci

Post by Ancenande »

My sig.
[quote="linguoboy"][quote="Ollock"][quote="linguoboy"]I believe you mean "Poilsh"[/quote]/failed joke or dilexia, linguo?[/quote]And I've never heard of "dilexia". Is that the state of knowing only two words of a language?[/quote]

Wycoval
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Wycoval »

Sigs may come and sigs may go. Best to quote it if you want to keep it around for later.
[size=200]☧[/size]

Delalyra
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Delalyra »

Here, I got it:
Linguoboy wrote:
Ollock wrote:
Linguoboy wrote:I believe you mean "Poilsh"
/failed joke or dilexia, linguo?
And I've never heard of "dilexia". Is that the state of knowing only two words of a language?
And my god, that is too funny. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Whimemsz
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Whimemsz »

con quesa wrote:Maybe brel's sanity is a quantum state, and thus can be both insane and sane at the same time, at least until the waveform is collapsed.

/me bounces an electron off of brel's sanity to collapse its waveform
I think it's from one of the threads about vampyre_smile's gender?

Turtlehead
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Turtlehead »

Shm Jay wrote:
Jashan wrote:Best looking guy and best-looking girl?
Some people, like Krinnen manage to be both sexes at the same time, and some people, like Vampyre_smiles, manage to be neither sex at the same time. Oh, and I haven’t told you about people who are of the third sex. I once revealed that I was of the fifth sex (being a member of a pentasexual species). We have some unusual people on this board :)
LOL

'Aka'aka
I KEIM HEWE IN THE ΠVEΓININΓ TA LEAWN WELX, ΠVVT NAW THE ΠVWΠVΣE FVW ΠVEINΓ HEWE IΣ VNKLEAW. THAT IΣ WAIT I LIKE TA MAKE KAWNLANΓΣ AWN THE ΣΠAWT.
TVWTLEHEAΔ

Trebor
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Trebor »

Nuntarin wrote:Nah..... black holes at least have a sort of compassion. If your troubles become too overburdening, you can jump into them and they just swallow them up for you.
If you're reading this, might you perhaps remember the context?

Nuntar
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Nuntar »

Me telling Mr Saturday he had as much human feeling as a neutron star, and him suggesting "black hole" would have been a more appropriate comparison.
[quote="Amaya"]Every now and then, the world tries to say something. I'm never quite sure whether or not to listen to it at times like that.[/quote]

Turtlehead
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Turtlehead »

Sonib wrote:On a grammar point: whose mother? Knowing which could be vital!
LOL. ROFL. LOL.

So true.

LOL
I KEIM HEWE IN THE ΠVEΓININΓ TA LEAWN WELX, ΠVVT NAW THE ΠVWΠVΣE FVW ΠVEINΓ HEWE IΣ VNKLEAW. THAT IΣ WAIT I LIKE TA MAKE KAWNLANΓΣ AWN THE ΣΠAWT.
TVWTLEHEAΔ

FFF
Sanci
Sanci

Post by FFF »

Kuh-five wrote:
NTiOzymandias wrote:
True Fake Wycoval wrote:
NTiOzymandias wrote:
True Fake Wycoval wrote:It would be jolly well ungentlemanlike of me not to indicate to your honorable person the superiority of #erelae over its sisters (those being #almea and #isharia) with respect to both quality of discussion and livelihood of company, the latter in which I humbly include myself as probable cause. Of course the additional conveniences of the aforementioned channel include its being hosted on the same network as the channels from which it has split, thereby permitting ambivalent sympathizers to act as so-called "fence sitters" and log into multiple channels at once. The disadvantage, then, to hosting them on one network like is of course that when redistributing the analytic properties of your thermo-coupled representational nameplate for the sake of the purposes of one such channel, the effect will be propagated to other channels as well, and some tend to find this inconvenient or confusing.... or both. On the other hand, I personally would consider a final benefit to outweigh all others; namely, the potential to engage in both serious intellectual debate and bourgeois yet good-natured fuckwittery on both a moral and sexual level, all while entirely avoiding the corrupting maleffluence of a certain Baron von Samstag, who is a vile fiend and should be utterly abolished from this good Earth. But let us resume a more pressing issue, which does in fact have relevance and bearing on my previous assertion. The attitude towards natural philosophy that I have seen taken since the turn of the century (meaning, naturally, not the transition from one century to the next but the midpoint of the century... a common mistake, my dear chaps) is not only unhealthy, but with more dire consequences, also ungodly. Obviously, the sole virtue which separates us from animals is our capacity for morals, and should we ignore those morals we are mere earthworms groveling in the filth upon which we should rather be building strip malls and condominiums (I refer of course to that vile substance which shares its name undeservedly with our good planet, and which should be abolished like the Baron, had we any sense of how that would be accomplished). In any case, obviously the moral virtue should not only be the cause but also the effect of our actions. That provided, it is perilous of our future as immortal souls that we strive to restrict our scientific exploration to that which is morally motivated and therefore morally sound. I shall now call into serious doubt the moral benefits of using an IRC channel into which I am not allowed; also, I shall call attention to the proposition that your momma is woefully and catastrophically corpulent. That is all, it is time for my afternoon tea.
Immediately upon encountering your arguments I was sorely tempted to force upon you a form of thought exercise which would involve not arguing to you logically with concern to the falsehoods of your side of the debate, but rather simply correcting the mistakes in your conclusion and praying that you would see the light. Should you fail to be enlightened, I would then plan to attempt a heretofore untested procedure which applies to the prefrontal cortex. Out of spite for your insubordination I would perform this procedure not with the intended implement but rather with a novel type of silverware. This implement would possess both the curved attributes of a spoon and the forked attributes of a fork, and may very well be so named for these properties, should a twisted imagination ever deign to visit such destruction upon mankind. Furthermore, the implement would be manufactured from new metal alloys, capable of standing heat and stresses several times more than have ever been experienced, so that it would be convenient to wash were we camping on the surface of the sun. Also, it would be thoroughly rusted.

This would be the series of steps I would enact should we be the descendants of rebellious colonists, murdering each other ineffectually while lorded over by a curiously personable despot. However, we are not, and so I shall respond in kind with a gentlemanly argument. In my usual manner I shall construct my argument from analogy. Consider the following anecdote. An acquaintance of mine was unfortunate to have severed from himself his dexterous manipulative appendage (as opposed to the sinister or the copulative, respectively) while in the company of a host of evil spirits. These very spirits compelled him to fight for his life with a set of metallic implements of even greater curiosity than what I previously described. The one resembled our rifles of the present day, and one hand was sufficient to use it. However, the case arose that he also required to use simultaneously his bladed weapon which was augmented through means of clockwork and controlled combustion. The latter requiring only maneuverability and not fingers, as long as he found some method of altering it such that it could be affixed to the remaining length of his arm.
Sir, with all due respect, I declare that I detest your method wholeheartedly. The entire function of everything you have put forth serves only to trivialize the entire argument. Parables of the sort you relate have function only in religion, which you are certainly without, judging from your failure to include the exclamation "God bless his soul" in your post. It is important in these debates to ignore all possible details and concentrate on the big picture, in as generalized a form as possible so as to eradicate the apparent differences between individuals that make this world interesting in the first place. If you continue to debate here, I demand that you restore the appropriate grandeur of our finely honed art. N.B. Q.E.D., etc.
goneriku wrote:I echo the sentiment expressed by Admiral Feijuada, God bless his soul. I shall also express a desire to fondle Stravinsky's buttocks.
Very well. I have greatly amplified the magnificence of the quoted discourse. I hope you are all satisfied. I apologize to the appropriate parties concerning the tail end of this alteration (intending no pun, God forbid) for it is the simple truth that upon my authorship of that section, I ran out of ideas.
It's big, but it needs preserving.

pharazon
Lebom
Lebom

Post by pharazon »

Coelacanth wrote:It's big, but it needs preserving.
People like you are why we have these tales of Napoleon's penis floating around in a jar.

Shm Jay
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Shm Jay »

pharazon wrote:
People like you are why we have these tales of Napoleon's penis floating around in a jar.
Actually, that was small and was preserved, though maybe it didn’t need preserving.

Delalyra
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Delalyra »

edit edit...more quotes...
NTiOzymandias wrote:
Mr. Saturday wrote:Yelling at days is stupid.
Certain books would have us keep you holy. Look how well that's worked out.
finlay wrote:
bricka wrote:
Delalyra wrote:Oh, okay. :) Back onto the topic, then.
Probably just as well. I'm starting to wonder if Delalyra is going to talk about sex in every topic I start. :mrgreen:
You probably talk about sex in every topic she starts... so it's only fair...

Downtimer
Sanci
Sanci

Post by Downtimer »

pharazon wrote:
That's a good quote for this thread! :mrgreen:

Edited to add:
nebula wind phone wrote:Is copypasta what you restore from when your pasta has collided with antipasta and been annihilated?
[needs hysterically laughing smiley]
[quote="Tsiasuk-Pron"]Once again the Itlani are amazed at the Terrans! 8)[/quote]
[quote="Ollock"]Wakaka! Laadan? I thought I'd heard there was something odd about you. :P[/quote]

masako
Smeric
Smeric

Post by masako »

Last edited by masako on Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Turtlehead
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Turtlehead »

WMiller wrote:It's tough to concentrate on rearranging nature when you're seeing pink badgers dancing around in front of you!
Taken absolutely out of context though. See Con-Flora thread in C&C..
TVWTLEHEAΔ

aanimo
Niš
Niš

Post by aanimo »

Khang wrote:
Delthayre wrote:I find that I am decreasingly able to differentiate at a glance between audio file extensions and models of submachine gun.
Del, again with a style of humor that is lost on the immature.
If I were the sarcastic type. . .I would ask why you found it funny then :P

Since I'm not (:o) I will merely say, an excellent quote!
[quote="candrodor"]
You know what'd be evil? Contrastive enharmonic equivalents.
[/quote]

masako
Smeric
Smeric

Post by masako »

Last edited by masako on Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.