Seahorses, I Love 'Em (& other Links of Interest)

Discussions worth keeping around later.
Radagast
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Radagast »

This one of Snoop teaching how to move "latino style" is even more funny, because its true. At least in Mexico this is how they dance, and the music they listen to. By the way i feel better know that I know that even snoop is prone to the same Guilty Pleasure as I am - namely the music of Valentin Elizalde.
[i]D'abord on ne parla qu'en poésie ; on ne s'avisa de raisonner que long-temps après.[/i] J. J. Rousseau, Sur l'origine des langues. 1783

bi
Sanci
Sanci

Post by bi »

When Philip "Bush for Caesar" Atkinson isn't busy advocating mass murder and mass enslavement, he's busy doing cutting-edge research into the new science of dieting.
[img]http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/9899/t4nu8.gif[/img]

-
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by - »

An entire free comic online, done in the classic old-timey horror pulp tradition: Fearless Frankie.

Luxury submarines, for the SPECTRE agent on your Christmas list.

Ninjas all over the place!
Oh THAT'S why I was on hiatus. Right. Hiatus Mode re-engaged.

-
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by - »

The story of Nasubi, perhaps the most disturbing game show of all time. So far.

NakedCelt
Sanci
Sanci

Post by NakedCelt »

[url=http://nakedcelt.zoomshare.com/files/index.html]The Naked Celt[/url]
[url=http://gyro.opsa.org.nz/][i]Gyro[/i][/url]

simon.clarkstone
Sanci
Sanci

Post by simon.clarkstone »

ils wrote:Link for today: if you've ever wanted your child to look like a creepy porcelain zombie, here's your chance.
There are proper computer programs to age peoples' appearances. You see them on TV occasionally, and the police use them for long-term missing persons.
Thi sisaf akecon langbu tno onec antell. Ia mwor kingo nare aloneb utver yslo wly. :(
Kigdatsi/Humans of Su-0-0: Gae/nosf S5 Dnho Om Tc/m CL/-- SE1 CD4-3 CC1/5 CO5/1 E3 Pe,f

bi
Sanci
Sanci

Post by bi »

The great showdown between A Dead Shark Isn't Art and The Physical Impossibility of Death in the Mind of Someone Living.

Shm Jay
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Shm Jay »

ils wrote:The story of Nasubi, perhaps the most disturbing game show of all time. So far.
Euccchhh. How could they not have given him anything to eat, any underwear, or any toilet paper? That’s disgusting. There's a difference between challenges and sadism.

¡Papapishu!
Sanci
Sanci

Post by ¡Papapishu! »

Shm Jay wrote:
ils wrote:The story of Nasubi, perhaps the most disturbing game show of all time. So far.
Euccchhh. How could they not have given him anything to eat, any underwear, or any toilet paper? That’s disgusting. There's a difference between challenges and sadism.
But the Japanese use the same word for crisis as they do for opportunity!

Morrígan
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Morrígan »

But the Japanese use the same word for crisis as they do for opportunity!
What is most disturbing is the similarities between this and the setup for the manga / Korean movie Oldboy.

-
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by - »

This afternoon, I swear there was a post from brandrinn about how the Nasubi thing had to be a hoax. Why did he change his mind?

Jihad! The Musical! "I know people may abhor me / but dear God, they won't ignore me..."

Lleu
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Lleu »

agus tha mo chluasan eòlach air a’ mhac-talla fhathast / às dèidh dhomh dùsgadh
(mona nicleòid wagner, “fo shneachd”)

Shm Jay
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Shm Jay »

South Korea suffers from an epidemic of Jigwangism.

Drydic
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Drydic »

Shm Jay wrote:South Korea suffers from an epidemic of Jigwangism.
I know NY Times is giving up their 'exclusive content' shit, but this login is still annoying. Understandable, but annoying.
Image Image
Common Zein Scratchpad & other Stuffs! OMG AN ACTUAL CONPOST WTFBBQ

Formerly known as Drydic.

Shm Jay
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Shm Jay »

Drydic Guy wrote:I know NY Times is giving up their 'exclusive content' shit, but this login is still annoying. Understandable, but annoying.
Oh, sorry, I didn't realize it needed a login. Maybe someone could post a link that doesn't?

chris_notts
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by chris_notts »

Shm Jay wrote:
Drydic Guy wrote:I know NY Times is giving up their 'exclusive content' shit, but this login is still annoying. Understandable, but annoying.
Oh, sorry, I didn't realize it needed a login. Maybe someone could post a link that doesn't?
It didn't ask me to log in, and I don't have an account with the NY Times, so it's definitely not because I have a cookie from a previous visit.
Try the online version of the HaSC sound change applier: http://chrisdb.dyndns-at-home.com/HaSC

bi
Sanci
Sanci

Post by bi »

Flash adventure game: The Sea of Glomp.

(No, I've not solved it, so don't ask me for spoilers. :) )

-
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by - »

Is there such a thing as a heartwarming, funny story about a KKK rally? Why, yes. Yes there is.

Also, Jeremy Bentham was one weird MoFo.

-
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by - »

About a million times cooler than that "Simpsonize yourself" thing is the face transformer. Actually the whole site is neat.

LinguistCat
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by LinguistCat »

The stars are an ocean. Your breasts, are also an ocean.

¡Papapishu!
Sanci
Sanci

Post by ¡Papapishu! »

vampyre_smiles wrote:They found a gene for height: http://news.independent.co.uk/health/article2921881.ece
Blecch.
Scientists believe they have uncovered the genetic link to height – explaining for the first time why some children are smaller than their friends.
"The genetic link"? No, because as we later learn, "This is just the first of many – possibly as many as several hundred – that will be found." This one only accounts for up to one centimetre of height. One whole centimetre!
The slightest genetic mutation can knock a centimetre off a child's eventual height, according to a study analysing the DNA of nearly 5,000 people.
What's with the focus on children? Do adults not have genes?
The discovery means that it may soon be possible to reassure the anxious parents of unusually short children
"25 per cent of white Europeans" are affected by this gene. People who are unusually short are going to have other reasons, potentially complicated ones. Although I really don't get how knowing that your child is short because he/she has an inherited mutation in the gene HMGA2 would help anyway.
or explain why tall people run a greater risk of certain diseases such as cancers of the bladder, prostate and lungs.
We already knew there was a link between height and disease and this discovery does not seem to help explain it, AFAICT. I haven't read the actual article, but it just seems like this is something the news guy threw in.

I'm turning into Mark Liberman.

-
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by - »

Something fun to play around with: MorphThing.

(EDIT: All my efforts so far have yielded a creation alarmingly similar to J-Lo: Image)

-
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by - »

The Flowchart of Armageddon. Call Bruce Campbell!

"Lighten the dark arm". Andrew WK dispenses advice to readers of Tokyo's "Rockin' Out."

Harsh discoveries on the Rise Guys morning show. The ending is... unexpected. (The followup.)

Terra
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Terra »

Thu Sep 6, 1:23 AM ET

WASHINGTON - A B-52 bomber was mistakenly armed with six nuclear warheads and flown for more than three hours across several states last week,
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070906/ap_ ... r_warheads

Wow... just wow...

Drydic
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Drydic »

FinalZero wrote:
Thu Sep 6, 1:23 AM ET

WASHINGTON - A B-52 bomber was mistakenly armed with six nuclear warheads and flown for more than three hours across several states last week,
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070906/ap_ ... r_warheads

Wow... just wow...
I really don't get why people are freaking out over this. Yes, it's not a good thing, but they weren't exactly going towards a test-firing or anything. They were being taken to be decommissioned. The warheads weren't even armed.
Image Image
Common Zein Scratchpad & other Stuffs! OMG AN ACTUAL CONPOST WTFBBQ

Formerly known as Drydic.