ZBB member photos, part 5. (Something for the weekend, sir?)

Discussions worth keeping around later.
Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

Oi! those are some nice-looking hills you got there in the UK... i want to hike them.

Viktor77
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Viktor77 »

Torco wrote:Oi! those are some nice-looking hills you got there in the UK... i want to hike them.
Oi! those are some nice-looking boys you got there in the UK... i want to hike them.
Falgwian and Falgwia!!

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

Viktor77 wrote:
Torco wrote:Oi! those are some nice-looking hills you got there in the UK... i want to hike them.
Oi! those are some nice-looking boys you got there in the UK... i want to hike them.
lol

the duke of nuke
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by the duke of nuke »

Torco wrote:
Viktor77 wrote:
lol
:D

"An Englishman, an Irishman, and a Scotsman..."
The man on the left is Scottish, I'm English, and the one on the right is Northern Irish. Does that count...
XinuX wrote:I learned this language, but then I sneezed and now am in prison for high treason. 0/10 would not speak again.

finlay
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by finlay »

They're cuter than you (sorry :P). On that note, I wish the boys were after me. I went to a gay club in London the other night and hated it, partly because I was with friends and had to go back with them because I was staying at this girl's house, and partly because even if I had been able to go back with someone else, I'd feel too uncomfortable to do so. I have no confidence to approach people, and then I was feeling fat and ugly too. Bleh.

Gulliver
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Gulliver »

finlay wrote:I was feeling fat and ugly too. Bleh.
Well, you ain't. You're also very well-dressed.

finlay
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by finlay »

Gulliver wrote: very well-dressed.
true, I guess; case in point:

Obviously i don't dress like this all the time though. Usually it's jeans and t-shirt.

Dewrad
Sanno
Sanno

Post by Dewrad »

Finlay: the suit suits you. You look very handsome, if somewhat awkward (I think everyone does in graduation photos.)

I post the following in order that I might in future times look back and note the beginning of my slow decline towards scenescence. Jesus, I look old:

(Also, that's a proper Real Ale pub, none of this Wetherspoons nonsense. Finlay.)
Some useful Dravian links: Grammar - Lexicon - Ask a Dravian
Salmoneus wrote:(NB Dewrad is behaving like an adult - a petty, sarcastic and uncharitable adult, admittedly, but none the less note the infinitely higher quality of flame)

the duke of nuke
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by the duke of nuke »

finlay wrote:They're cuter than you (sorry :P).
No worries :P But I'm afraid the blond is straight, and the redhead has a girlfriend (though I suspect that he's bi...)
finlay wrote:I have no confidence to approach people, and then I was feeling fat and ugly too. Bleh.
:(
I must say, you always look rather dashing in the photos I see - not to mention coming across as a great guy. And Gulliver's comment is right on the money :)

Dewrad: Everyone thinks they look older than they actually do. My lady friend complains about feeling old and she's not even twenty yet.
I'm also trying to apply Welsh stereotypes to you and failing.
XinuX wrote:I learned this language, but then I sneezed and now am in prison for high treason. 0/10 would not speak again.

vampireshark
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by vampireshark »

thedukeofnuke wrote:Dewrad: Everyone thinks they look older than they actually do. My lady friend complains about feeling old and she's not even twenty yet.
I'm also trying to apply Welsh stereotypes to you and failing.
I don't think I look older than my age (20), but I felt a lot older when I didn't get asked for ID for purchasing booze back in Wales (especially when the policy claims "we ID if you look under 25").

Though some commonly espoused stereotypes about Welshmen seem somewhat true about Dewrad... he has dark to black hair and is present in a pub where various fermented beverages are sold.

And, naturally, congratulations to Finlay on his graduation.
What do you see in the night?

In search of victims subjects to appear on banknotes. Inquire within.

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

thedukeofnuke wrote:Dewrad: Everyone thinks they look older than they actually do.
LAIS! I hate that I look 19 or something, to my eyes anyway, especially cleanly shaven, when I am 24

Skomakar'n
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Skomakar'n »

Torco wrote:
thedukeofnuke wrote:Dewrad: Everyone thinks they look older than they actually do.
LAIS! I hate that I look 19 or something, to my eyes anyway, especially cleanly shaven, when I am 24
In a few years, you will regret that you ever said this.
Enjoy it while it lasts!

finlay
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by finlay »

Dewrad wrote: (Also, that's a proper Real Ale pub, none of this Wetherspoons nonsense. Finlay.)
In my defence, we went from Wetherspoons to a Real Ale pub that afternoon. The photo of me with the Jenga is in a proper Real Ale pub and the one of me with my friend is in Wetherspoons.

Besides, in my experience Wetherspoons is one of the cheaper places, and it usually has several guest ales. As a student, this is a Good Thing. Maybe that's a Yorkshire thing, though, having the guest ales?
Last edited by finlay on Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

finlay
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by finlay »

vampireshark wrote:(especially when the policy claims "we ID if you look under 25").
This is partly to look good and partly just so the workers have a fallback policy if in doubt. There's no way I look consistently over 25, but since I've had the beard, there's also no way I look under 20. So they never ID me anymore. (To be fair, it was already happening before I had the beard, just inconsistently. Again, I don't look old, but I don't look young enough to be illegal either.

It used to be 21 and all the supermarkets changed a year or two ago (pubs are usually still 21 I think) – I think this must be partly because people are more likely to be insulted if you say they're under 21 but under 25 is slightly more flattering, although of course the main reason is that everyone under 25 is a violent binge-drinking alcoholic chav :roll:

Skomakar'n
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Skomakar'n »

Some kind of graduation, Finlay?

I cut the fringe to cover one eye for the first time in more than a year and a half, at least, yesterday. This first picture is from yesterday, and is obviously edited; I do not have snakebites, but I put them there to try the look out, as I am considering them:

This is from this morning; I tried to frame the full gear:

In case you're wondering how the black hair miraculously moved from the fringe to the other side in one night, it's because it's a clip-on (so are the white stripes).

din
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by din »

So now you can see again?
— o noth sidiritt Tormiott

Morrígan
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Morrígan »

ACTIONGUY

Astraios
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Astraios »

^ :o

Can I haz? :D

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

Academic though guy indeed

Skomakar'n
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Skomakar'n »

dinnae wrote:So now you can see again?
Harr harr.

Both eyes were visible before.

vampireshark
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by vampireshark »

A recent pic of me.

Action shot of Daffodil, the Welsh Dragon Hat.

They're a bit blurry, yeah...
What do you see in the night?

In search of victims subjects to appear on banknotes. Inquire within.

Skomakar'n
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Skomakar'n »

Your dragons are the best.

patiku
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by patiku »

Show us a picture of your brother's puppets.

Skomakar'n
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Skomakar'n »

I spent the weekend watching a bunch of cartoon movies by Disney and Dreamworks in the company of four others, and then staying the night. This picture is either from the noon we got there, or the morning after. I don't know who took it:

Three of us the next morning. I look less charming:

Three of us again. I look pretty damn strange in this one, but what ever:

Guitarplayer II
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Guitarplayer II »

Torco wrote:I hate that I look 19 or something, to my eyes anyway, especially cleanly shaven, when I am 24
Same here. Except I don't have strong beard growth, which adds to the impression. People told me I look older with really short hair.
giˈtaɹ.plɛɪ̯ɚ‿n dɪs.ˈgaɪz • [b][url=http://sanstitre.nfshost.com/sbk]Der Sprachbaukasten[/url][/b]
[size=84]And! [url=http://bit.ly/9dSyTI]Ayeri Reference Grammar[/url] (upd. 28 Sep 2010)[/size]