ZBB member photos, part 5. (Something for the weekend, sir?)

Discussions worth keeping around later.
Viktor77
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Viktor77 »

Guitarplayer wrote:Viktor, what is it that makes those glasses scream European? Don't you guys wear these kinds of frames in America, or rather, in your environment?
Something to do with the rectangle frame makes me think of European design--perhaps reflective of the angular shapes used in Scandinavian design.

It may also just be a generalisation from seeing this guy, and also we had a Czech exchange student who wore glasses just like those, so it may have been embedded in my mind as a European look.
Falgwian and Falgwia!!

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

Jacqui
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Jacqui »

rickardspaghetti wrote:Perchè non mi avete detto che Jacqui può parlare italiano? (was that right?)
(that was right!) Parlo di un importo comprensibile. Io non sono completamente fluente.

Cathbad
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Cathbad »

bricka wrote:I had no idea a straightforward photo of me would generate such a response. Bonus points if you can identify the restaurant where it was taken, and a free phoneme to the first person who correctly identifies the type of pizza.
It just seems like a normal funghi (or whatever) to me, with cheese and tomato sauce and mushrooms. (And if I win, I want a linguolabial plosive)

Skomakar'n
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Skomakar'n »

I'm not sure if I feel like Hayley from Paramore or Rickardspaghetti the most.

rickardspaghetti
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by rickardspaghetti »

Skomakar'n wrote:I'm not sure if I feel like Hayley from Paramore or Rickardspaghetti the most.

I'm thinking of cutting my hair after graduation. Ha!
そうだ。死んでいる人も勃起することが出来る。
俺はその証だ。

Skomakar'n
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Skomakar'n »

rickardspaghetti wrote:
Skomakar'n wrote:I'm not sure if I feel like Hayley from Paramore or Rickardspaghetti the most.

http://i375.photobucket.com/albums/oo19 ... tHaar2.png
That's faggotry!

rickardspaghetti
Avisaru
Avisaru

Jacqui wrote:
rickardspaghetti wrote:Perchè non mi avete detto che Jacqui può parlare italiano? (was that right?)
(that was right!) Parlo di un importo comprensibile. Io non sono completamente fluente.
Né io. Ottenerò i punteggi in italiano fra poco. Anche lo probibalmente studierò all'università.
(please correct whatever mistakes I make.)
そうだ。死んでいる人も勃起することが出来る。
俺はその証だ。

rickardspaghetti
Avisaru
Avisaru

Skomakar'n wrote:
rickardspaghetti wrote:

http://i375.photobucket.com/albums/oo19 ... tHaar2.png
That's faggotry!
Ooh, I see. Irony! :D You're funny.
そうだ。死んでいる人も勃起することが出来る。
俺はその証だ。

Jacqui
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Jacqui »

rickardspaghetti wrote:
Jacqui wrote:
Né io. Ottenerò i punteggi in italiano fra poco. Anche lo probibalmente studierò all'università.
Il tuo italiano è molto buono, ti dico! Sarete sempre i punteggi? Tu sei stato segnato per che cosa? Il tuo italiano?

Cathbad
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Cathbad »

Viktor77 wrote:
Guitarplayer wrote:Viktor, what is it that makes those glasses scream European? Don't you guys wear these kinds of frames in America, or rather, in your environment?
Something to do with the rectangle frame makes me think of European design--perhaps reflective of the angular shapes used in Scandinavian design.

It may also just be a generalisation from seeing this guy, and also we had a Czech exchange student who wore glasses just like those, so it may have been embedded in my mind as a European look.
So what's the alternative? Perfectly circular (or oval) glasses? Many Europeans wear those too, although they've been getting much less popular.

vampireshark
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by vampireshark »

Jacqui: You look stereotypically Italian, which is to say, at least for me, pretty.

Skomakar'n: (loud shriek of horror)
ayyub wrote:Thanks. I'm not really sure what you mean, though; what's missing?
If I recall correctly, most of the other pictures you've posted haven't featured you clean-shaven. That's what I mean.

Though, at least in that picture, you look somewhat like tatapyranga... maybe...
What do you see in the night?

In search of victims subjects to appear on banknotes. Inquire within.

rickardspaghetti
Avisaru
Avisaru

Jacqui wrote:
rickardspaghetti wrote:
Jacqui wrote:
Il tuo italiano è molto buono, ti dico! Sarete sempre i punteggi? Tu sei stato segnato per che cosa? Il tuo italiano?
OK, now I don't quite follow you anymore. My Italian skills are more theory than practice. I know the grammar more than I know how to speak it. And making mistakes is embarrassing. That's why I rarely use my Italian.
そうだ。死んでいる人も勃起することが出来る。
俺はその証だ。

Jacqui
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Jacqui »

rickardspaghetti wrote:
Jacqui wrote:
rickardspaghetti wrote:
Jacqui wrote:
OK, now I don't quite follow you anymore. My Italian skills are more theory than practice. I know the grammar more than I know how to speak it. And making mistakes is embarrassing. That's why I rarely use my Italian.
Oooooh okay :)

alice
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by alice »

Cathbad wrote:
bricka wrote:I had no idea a straightforward photo of me would generate such a response. Bonus points if you can identify the restaurant where it was taken, and a free phoneme to the first person who correctly identifies the type of pizza.
It just seems like a normal funghi (or whatever) to me, with cheese and tomato sauce and mushrooms. (And if I win, I want a linguolabial plosive)
You win! Here is your phoneme; unfortunately I don't have any linguolabial plosives in stock at the moment:

/v\/
Zompist's Markov generator wrote:it was labelled" orange marmalade," but that is unutterably hideous.

alice
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by alice »

Jacqui wrote:Taking this from a different perspective -- Imagine you're a woman.. Would you go to.. I don't know... UAE wearing sleeveless shirts and short-shorts? No. You wouldn't. It's the same with Romans and food. You have to eat it like an Italian would.

Do you understand?
nessuno sporso querela a me...
Zompist's Markov generator wrote:it was labelled" orange marmalade," but that is unutterably hideous.

vampireshark
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by vampireshark »

In light of the fact that I comment but normally don't post pics, and in further light of the fact that my new little netbook (named Lita) has a webcam, I figured that posting a pic of myself wouldn't hurt things...

Skomakar'n
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Skomakar'n »

vampireshark wrote:Skomakar'n: (loud shriek of horror)
Please explain.
vampireshark wrote:In light of the fact that I comment but normally don't post pics, and in further light of the fact that my new little netbook (named Lita) has a webcam, I figured that posting a pic of myself wouldn't hurt things...
Is the model named Lita, or did you personally name it Lita?

vampireshark
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by vampireshark »

Skomakar'n wrote:Please explain.
It's... it's... ORANGE! (collapse)

I meant it in good humor, mostly because that's about the color my one teacher achieved when she, naturally of black hair, attempted to go blonde.
I named it Lita. Bonus points if you know where it comes from.

WeepingElf
Smeric
Smeric

Post by WeepingElf »

vampireshark wrote:In light of the fact that I comment but normally don't post pics, and in further light of the fact that my new little netbook (named Lita) has a webcam, I figured that posting a pic of myself wouldn't hurt things...
What a dramatic lighting!
...brought to you by the Weeping Elf
Tha cvastam émi cvastam santham amal phelsa. -- Friedrich Schiller
ESTAR-3SG:P human-OBJ only human-OBJ true-OBJ REL-LOC play-3SG:A

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

vampireshark wrote:
Lithium Batteries ?
[I want a nareal labiodental click if I'm right :D]
Last edited by Torco on Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cathbad
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Cathbad »

bricka wrote:
Cathbad wrote:
You win! Here is your phoneme; unfortunately I don't have any linguolabial plosives in stock at the moment:

/v\/
Oooh, thanks! This is getting framed!

the duke of nuke
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by the duke of nuke »

vampireshark wrote:
Skomakar'n wrote:Please explain.
It's... it's... ORANGE! (collapse)
It's a good look! But still orange :D
vampireshark wrote:
1337?
XinuX wrote:I learned this language, but then I sneezed and now am in prison for high treason. 0/10 would not speak again.

rickardspaghetti
Avisaru
Avisaru

vampireshark wrote:
An anime?
そうだ。死んでいる人も勃起することが出来る。
俺はその証だ。

vampireshark
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by vampireshark »

WeepingElf wrote:What a dramatic lighting!
Unintentional, I assure you, but actually quite cool, now that I look at it. Thanks.
Torco wrote:Lithium Batteries ?
Nope. No phenome for you.
thedukeofnuke wrote:1337?
Nem.
rickardspaghetti wrote:An anime?
Nu.

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

vampireshark wrote:
Torco wrote:Lithium Batteries ?
Nope. No phenome for you.
I have no physical body?
*looks at self*
phew! I got scared for a minute there.