ZBB member photos, part 5. (Something for the weekend, sir?)

Discussions worth keeping around later.
Jipí
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Jipí »

IME Italian-style pizza, if it is good, is crisp enough not to need fork and knife. Except if you're in a restaurant, where it's a matter of politeness not to use your hands for eating. On the contrary, burgers are never to be eaten with fork and knife, neither is bread. For cake it depends. Dry cakes don't usually call for forks, at least not at home. I'm divided about chicken legs because I'm not too fond of getting my hands soaked with grease, but eating them by hand makes the whole thing a lot easier.

Io
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Io »

finlay wrote:Anyway, Cambridge isn't quite east anglia and if you're not actually from norfolk you don't really have much claim to the title of incestuous.
Being Anglo is enough, hth.
<King> Ivo, you phrase things in the most comedic manner

[quote="Jal"][quote="jme"]Thats just rude and unneeded.[/quote]That sums up Io, basically. Yet, we all love him.[/quote]

Pingu
Niš
Niš

Post by Pingu »

Guitarplayer wrote:For cake it depends. Dry cakes don't usually call for forks, at least not at home. .
People eat cake with their hands / forks?!

I use a spoon.

Jipí
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Jipí »

Pingu wrote:I use a spoon.
Spoons also, yes. However there are small forks specifically for eating cakes. Kuchengabeln, the equivalent to teaspoons I guess.

[edit] Aha, apparently those forks are called dessert forks [/edit]

Pingu
Niš
Niš

Post by Pingu »

Guitarplayer wrote:Spoons also, yes. However there are small forks specifically for eating cakes. Kuchengabeln, the equivalent to teaspoons I guess.

[edit] Aha, apparently those forks are called dessert forks [/edit]
If you use a fork you'll get no cream

Jipí
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Jipí »

Pingu wrote:If you use a fork you'll get no cream
Sure you do. Just have to whip it.

benadam
Sanci
Sanci

Post by benadam »

The ONLY thing in the entire WORLD that actually requires a fork to be eaten properly is spaghetti. Everything else can be easily eaten with fingers, spoon, knife or chopsticks.

I used to have long hair. Here is what I looked like:

Here is what I looked like 10 minutes later:
Jihámon Yhliao?

Skomakar'n
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Skomakar'n »

I can't believe I forgot to mention it.
Thankfully I just ate it, so now I remembered.

I eat hard tacos with knife and fork.

faiuwle
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by faiuwle »

Do you eat soup with a fork too, Sko?
It's (broadly) [faɪ.ˈjuw.lɛ]
#define FEMALE

ConlangDictionary 0.3 3/15/14 (ZBB thread)

Quis vult in terra stare,
Cum possit volitare?

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

Skomakar'n wrote:I can't believe I forgot to mention it.
Thankfully I just ate it, so now I remembered.

I eat hard tacos with knife and fork.
that's forked up!

ayyub
Sanci
Sanci

Post by ayyub »

A new picture:

Ulrike Meinhof wrote:The merger is between /8/ and /9/, merging into /8/. Seeing as they're just one number apart, that's not too strange.

Delthayre
Lebom
Lebom

Well, he does and I admire that

Post by Delthayre »

You have excellent eyebrows.
"Great men are almost always bad men."
~Lord John Dalberg Acton

Twpsyn Pentref
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Twpsyn Pentref »

Ayyub, someone with exactly the same name as you lives in my House at school.
So take this body at sunset to the great stream whose pulses start in the blue hills, and let these ashes drift from the Long Bridge where only a late gull breaks that deep and populous grave.

Jipí
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Jipí »

That way you look a hundred years older than usually.

Jacqui
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Jacqui »

Who the Hell would even have the indecency to eat a pizza with a fork? It's strange and quite.. kind-of disrespectful when you'resupposed to eat it with your fingers.

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

Jacqui wrote:Who the Hell would even have the indecency to eat a pizza with a fork? It's strange and quite.. kind-of disrespectful when you'resupposed to eat it with your fingers.
That's like saying that it's disrespectful to cut one's spaghettis or to eat them without any tomato sauce; I'll eat my damned food however the shit I please, thank you very much, I don't think it's offensive to enjoy one's food the way one pleases. If some random dude gets offended by me eating spaghettis without any sauce and without using a spoon or whatever, that deserves around as much consideration as some random dude being offended because I wear shirts instead of a towel around my head or that is horrified at me not praying to it's imaginary friend: none at all.

Tengado
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Tengado »

benadam wrote:The ONLY thing in the entire WORLD that actually requires a fork to be eaten properly is spaghetti. Everything else can be easily eaten with fingers, spoon, knife or chopsticks.
Requires? Not at all. Spaghetti can be eaten quite easily with chopsticks (there's quite a lot of noodle eaters in the China-Japan-Korea area who do this daily). In fact, I find chopsticks easier than a fork for spaghetti/noodles. If I just use a fork the spaghetti often just falls of and you end up with one strand and it takes a week to eat the whole plate. If I swivel the fork (with or without a spoon on the end) I end up with ball of spaghetti the size of my head on the fork as the whole plateful of spaghetti wrapped itself up together. With chopsticks, on the other hand, I find I can get as much as I want and eat the noodles very quickly.
- "But this can be stopped."
- "No, I came all this way to show you this because nothing can be done. Because I like the way your pupils dilate in the presence of total planetary Armageddon.
Yes, it can be stopped."

Jacqui
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Jacqui »

Torco wrote:
Jacqui wrote:Who the Hell would even have the indecency to eat a pizza with a fork? It's strange and quite.. kind-of disrespectful when you're supposed to eat it with your fingers.
That's like saying that it's disrespectful to cut one's spaghettis or to eat them without any tomato sauce; I'll eat my damned food however the shit I please, thank you very much, I don't think it's offensive to enjoy one's food the way one pleases. If some random dude gets offended by me eating spaghettis without any sauce and without using a spoon or whatever, that deserves around as much consideration as some random dude being offended because I wear shirts instead of a towel around my head or that is horrified at me not praying to it's imaginary friend: none at all.
It's spaghetti btw because spaghetti is a plural.

Taking this from a different perspective -- Imagine you're a woman.. Would you go to.. I don't know... UAE wearing sleeveless shirts and short-shorts? No. You wouldn't. It's the same with Romans and food. You have to eat it like an Italian would.

Do you understand?

Aszev
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Aszev »

You do realize that pizza is subjected to substantial geographical variation?
Image CERVENIAN
Image JELSH
Miekko wrote:protip: no one wants to learn your conlangs. if they claim different, it's just to be friendly. this is true for all conlangers.

Jacqui
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Jacqui »

Aszev wrote:You do realize that pizza is subjected to substantial geographical variation?
You do realise that he was eating the pizza in Italy..

Aszev
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Aszev »

Jacqui wrote:
Aszev wrote:You do realize that pizza is subjected to substantial geographical variation?
Which is irrelevant to your comment about eating pizza with a fork being indecent.
Image CERVENIAN
Image JELSH
Miekko wrote:protip: no one wants to learn your conlangs. if they claim different, it's just to be friendly. this is true for all conlangers.

Pthagnar
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Pthagnar »

pasta mutaween

finlay
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by finlay »

Jacqui wrote:
where they tend to eat it with a fork

Jipí
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Jipí »

Why should I suddenly acquire subtleties in eating habits in another country if I'm only visiting? That is, unless food is only served with chopsticks or something, or it's perceived really rude to eat certain foods with your fingers.

Also, I've never heard anyone say spaghetto for a single one. I'd guess that it's not unusual if the exact morphologic properties (number, gender, whatnot) of loans tend to be forgotten as they become absorbed into the target language.

But then...
That blog of yours wrote:I'm a bitch, yeah, do I look like I give one fuck? No?
I guess you don't want to discuss and just bitch around. Well, there you go.

Skomakar'n
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Skomakar'n »

This is how much of my blonde hair that has grown out recently. About five centimeters. I'm doing my first bleach today. I'm aiming towards snow white with a black fringe.