Post by Torco »

Y IS THAT NOT A REAL SPORT
played only by topless girls, of course

masako
Smeric
Smeric

Re: The dream thread

Post by masako »

I had a lucid dream earlier where the Japanese formally ceased using Kanji in protest to the Chinese antagonism over the Senkaku Islands.

Shrdlu
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Shrdlu »

I had this dream where I saw myself playing a game called "Alien: Blood of the fallen" or something similar. My entire field of view was taken up by the screen. It was your typical low-res mid-ninety's game. However, the title was slightly misleading as it was only multiplayer(no aliens) and I was playing against someone or somebody. At one point I saw a screen where you could chose between this game and an other one called just "alien".
If I stop posting out of the blue it probably is because my computer and the board won't cooperate and let me log in.!

linguoboy
Sanno
Sanno

Post by linguoboy »

I dreamt that I met Astraios and he looked kinda like a young Sylvester Stallone. He was posting an update on his thesis for business school, something about "bespoke wax" concerns that he needed $20,000 in grant money to put to the test.

(And, yes, he did hit on me.)

Astraios
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Astraios »

Whyyyy am I always in you guys's dreams. And psht, if I really looked like that and had $20,000...

linguoboy
Sanno
Sanno

Post by linguoboy »

Astraios wrote:And psht, if I really looked like that and had $20,000...
...then we'd know exactly how you earned it.

Astraios
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Astraios »

I can't help it if people think I'm worth paying for.

Ghostfishe
Sanci
Sanci

Post by Ghostfishe »

I had a dream that I was basically kidnapped by this Chinese family because they needed me to wrangle a giant lamprey/leech-like... thing... that was living in the coat closet of their high-rise apartment. Their little old granny liked to talk to it and feed it bits of stuff but it tended to eat visitors who tried to hang their coats up in the closet, so it had to go. I dropkicked it out their huge panoramic living room window, and it fell down onto my van which was parked outside, and burst in an explosion of guts. Guts all over the side of the building, vehicles, and passersby. It was disgusting but awesome.

It reminds me of a similar dream I had recently, in which I discovered this awesome dirt bike that could move and made growling noises and rubbed against me like a cat. Unfortunately I realized once I brought it back to my apartment that it was actually possessed by an evil spirit. But it was still loyal to me, it would only attack and maul other people. This scared me because my mother was coming over later and I didn't want it to attack her. So I told it that it had to go. It drove at high speed through the living room window (I suspect my subconscious hates living room windows!) and burst through the glass, landing on this other building's rooftop like 200 feet away. Like a Matrix jump... except by a bike.

Then someone started pounding on the door, and it was this Spanish lady I don't know and her two-year-old son. She'd just broken up with her husband and was raving about how much she hated him and would I let her do her laundry at my place and wouldn't I be willing to watch her son for her while she went about her day, thank you. And she started messing up my kitchen. Then I saw helicopters circling outside and realized they were after the bike... but when I looked out the window I saw that the situation was under control, because this pack of 6-8 squirrels had backed the bike into a corner and were systematically attacking it by hurling their bodies into it. Somehow each time a squirrel impacted it caused a teeny little explosion. (The squirrels were unharmed though). It was pretty awesome looking.

At the end of the dream the washing machine started to go nuts because the lady had overloaded it, mom finally came home and started asking why this strange lady had taken over the house, and I got fed up with everything that was happening. So I randomly transformed into a man and went off with plans of pursuing a career off-planet as a Sith... taking the two-year-old with me. I mean, that would teach her to foist her kid on random strangers, right?
When I'm not dabbling in speculative science, creating game mods or writing fanfiction, I work as a web designer for www.mommatown.net.
Sites my team has made: www.vincentmartella.com, www.ipoglobalresearch.com, www.ipoboutique.com

tubragg
Sanci
Sanci

Post by tubragg »

I was at a house party, and some other guests were looking out the window, saying "Look at that!" and someone mentioned a UFO. I looked out, and saw a large vertical disc-shaped thing spinning quickly straight up in the air. I told the others it was a Ferris wheel that had come loose, but they seemed skeptical. Then, as if to confirm my theory, a wave of theme park attractions burst fourth between some nearby buildings, leveling everything in its' path like a tsunami. Everyone at the party, including myself, started running for our lives.

Later, I was in a subway train with a couple of friends. They called my attention to how a pretty young woman passing by outside the window seemed to be checking me out. Within the next minute, several other young women passed by, all giving me conspicuous looks. The last one bared her fangs, revealing herself to be a vampire, and I realized we were in trouble. Then four ticket inspectors entered the train. They were obviously zombies, so I started to whack the nearest one with some object I found (can't remember what) to keep her away. When she started talking I realized she wasn't a zombie at all, but a rather haggard-looking older lady. She wasn't mad at me though, but instead apologized for her breath, saying she had taken too many mints that morning.

Shrdlu
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Shrdlu »

I dremt that I ate a spider.
If I stop posting out of the blue it probably is because my computer and the board won't cooperate and let me log in.!

Thry
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Thry »

People actually eat bugs while sleeping during their lifetimes.

Shrdlu
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Shrdlu »

Yeah I know and this dream was particularly realistic. If I didn't have an spider-o-phobia before I'm probably on the verge of developing one now.

Thry
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Thry »

But proteinz!

Bob Johnson
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Bob Johnson »

Ean wrote:People actually eat bugs while sleeping during their lifetimes.
But not eight per year.

Thry
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Thry »

Bob Johnson wrote:
Ean wrote:People actually eat bugs while sleeping during their lifetimes.
But not eight per year.
You will now!

Bristel
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Bristel »

I was stealing a boat with the Leverage cast. They criticized me for how I handled the boat, and messed up the sides by driving it through trees.
[bɹ̠ˤʷɪs.təɫ]
Nōn quālibet inīquā cupiditāte illectus hoc agō
Yo te pongo en tu lugar...
Taisc mach Daró

tubragg
Sanci
Sanci

Post by tubragg »

Torco has the dubious honor of being the first zbber I've dreamed about (as far as I can remember). Apparently there were other zbbers around, but who they were, where we were, and why we were there is shrouded in the mists of my subconscious. Anyway, Torco kept poking me with a piece of wire. I was annoyed and pushed him out onto the balcony, threatening to throw him off (we were a few floors up). Torco was, understandably, incensed.

Apparently, my subconscious also thought I was overreacting, and retconned my response into shaving off Torco's hair. Almost half of it was gone before he realized what was happening. In the dream's epilogue he was wearing a toupee.

The dream Torco didn't quite match what I can remember from the pictures of him I've seen. There were similarities, but dream Torco was more like real Torco's smaller and uglier brother.

Thry
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Thry »

tubragg wrote:...dubious honor...
yep

Nesescosac
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Nesescosac »

For me the first ZBBer I ever dreamed about was Pthug, but his name was Pythag and this was a math forum.
I did have a bizarrely similar (to the original poster's) accident about four years ago, in which I slipped over a cookie and somehow twisted my ankle so far that it broke
What kind of cookie?
Aeetlrcreejl > Kicgan Vekei > me /ne.ses.tso.sats/

Ser
Smeric
Smeric
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia / Colombie Britannique, Canada

Post by Ser »

Was it back in the days when we spoke of the Pthagorean theorems? (Due to some thread Linguoboy opened about "the laws of the ZBB" or sth like that.)

Shm Jay
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Shm Jay »

I dreamt I was sitting on a bus in Winnipeg trying to get to my uncle's house so I could catch a plane home when a very fat Anishanabe* woman sat down next time and proceeded to tell me about her very boring life. Her face was a normal size, but her buttocks were astoundingly big, so much so that they trapped me in my seat.

*Yes, this relates to the ZBB. Rilsa and Whimemsz study Ojibwe.

dunomapuka
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by dunomapuka »

I was on a street corner with my roommate's girlfriend. We were snorting lines of Ambien right off of the sidewalk. Cop cars kept passing by, so I kept having to conceal what I was doing by pretending I was doubled over having a coughing fit.

Also, there were roving bands of neopagan bros.

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

tubragg wrote:Torco has the dubious honor of being the first zbber I've dreamed about (as far as I can remember). Apparently there were other zbbers around, but who they were, where we were, and why we were there is shrouded in the mists of my subconscious. Anyway, Torco kept poking me with a piece of wire. I was annoyed and pushed him out onto the balcony, threatening to throw him off (we were a few floors up). Torco was, understandably, incensed.

Apparently, my subconscious also thought I was overreacting, and retconned my response into shaving off Torco's hair. Almost half of it was gone before he realized what was happening. In the dream's epilogue he was wearing a toupee.

The dream Torco didn't quite match what I can remember from the pictures of him I've seen. There were similarities, but dream Torco was more like real Torco's smaller and uglier brother.
:D here
[aw fuck, dropbox won't update the picture... it should be visible a bit later]
[[yeah, now its there]]
Last edited by Torco on Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thry
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Thry »

omg 11111 posts lets party

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

yeah, let's partyyy
arbitrary milestones are the best, I'll never post again so as to not touch the 1-ness of the postcount
oh, wait...