The dream thread

Discussions worth keeping around later.
Astraios
Sumerul
Sumerul

Re: The dream thread

Post by Astraios »

I dreamt the prologue to a good dream, but it turned silly.

I was part of a small Paleolithic tribe in a very arid area (not quite desert but nearly), and I absolutely hated living in the tribe, but I couldn't leave because I would have to break some taboo in order to be banished properly - if I just left the spirits would be angry and kill me. So I hung around for a bit living in my own separate shelter and barely participating in tribal life, until one day I'd had enough, so I went up to the leader (my father) and spoke the formal words to cut all ties with them, breaking the taboo against leaving, The rest of the tribe were happy enough to chase me away, so I ran south with them after me, until the border of their territory. Then they stopped, yelled a few insults, and turned back. I started looking for where to go, but everything was hidden behind the nearby hills, so I started to run up the highest to see where there was water, because I knew there was no water for a long way south of the tribe's territory.

Then I started waking up, and I thought about posting the dream on here, but then I dreamt about trying to log on, but I forgot that my account had been deleted when I left the tribe, so I had to make a new one. Then I woke up properly.

Ghostfishe
Sanci
Sanci

Post by Ghostfishe »

I had a dream I can't remember most of, but I do clearly remember that I professed my love to someone. That was apparently the highlight of the dream, but when I woke up I immediately forgot who said person was. Guess it wasn't mean to be?
When I'm not dabbling in speculative science, creating game mods or writing fanfiction, I work as a web designer for www.mommatown.net.
Sites my team has made: www.vincentmartella.com, www.ipoglobalresearch.com, www.ipoboutique.com

bulbaquil
Lebom
Lebom

Post by bulbaquil »

I had a dream in which I was walking through this expansive video-game world analogous in general setup to a stage from Super Mario 64, but with better graphics. Then a dragon showed up and started breathing fire at me, so I had no choice but to climb into the pipe that was near me. Fortunately, there were coins.
MI DRALAS, KHARULE MEVO STANI?!

Shm Jay
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Shm Jay »

I dreamt I was expounding the Quran to the people of Yemen.

Qwynegold
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Qwynegold »

Last night I dreamt that I was in Finland, seeing relatives and shit. And I had on this T-shirt with some commercial print on it, which I had had for several years. (This shirt doesn't exist for real. *phew*) Then I went to the bathroom, and saw the text on the mirror, and suddenly realized what it meant. It was some dirty stuff in Finnish, but I had never thought about what it said before. I was so embarrassed, I had been wearing it in front of all the grannies and people. It said something like "I lost my virginity at Kolingsborg* into a girl full of champagne froth". It doesn't even make sense grammitically, but somehow in the dream it meant that one had cummed a lot.

*This is some gay club IRL, but in this dream it was a straight club of some kind.
My most recent quiz:
Eurovision Song Contest 2018

Qwynegold
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Qwynegold »

Torque wrote:I dreamt the other day that a friend who died a year ago called me from the underworld and told me to assemble the guys cause he'd be coming for 'once' <a chilean custom consisting of drinking hot beverages and eating toast and pastries around 6-7 pm> the next day. it was pretty emotional, I hugged him and talked to him and drew with him. It was nice, and I woke up serene.
So did you gather your friends for real then?
My most recent quiz:

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

Qwynegold wrote:
Torque wrote:I dreamt the other day that a friend who died a year ago called me from the underworld and told me to assemble the guys cause he'd be coming for 'once' <a chilean custom consisting of drinking hot beverages and eating toast and pastries around 6-7 pm> the next day. it was pretty emotional, I hugged him and talked to him and drew with him. It was nice, and I woke up serene.
Actually, a few weeks ago we all met for his one year gone anniversary thing.

Qwynegold
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Qwynegold »

Torque wrote:
Qwynegold wrote:
Actually, a few weeks ago we all met for his one year gone anniversary thing.
Ah. :) Did anything mysterious happen?
My most recent quiz:

Viktor77
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Viktor77 »

I dreamt last night that I was learning to drive truck, and especially learning to drive manual. This has inspired me to finally learn how to drive manual.
Falgwian and Falgwia!!

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

Nah, nothing mysterious at all. 'twas nice, though.

Ser
Smeric
Smeric
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia / Colombie Britannique, Canada

Post by Ser »

The dream was much longer and complex, but in hindsight I loved this particularly detail.

At some point, I was trying to go back to some apartment I had, and while I was walking through one of the hallways, one of the other apartments had a poster on its door, saying in thick white letters over a black background with some stereotypical metal demon, in English:
  • ONCE PAST THIS DOOR
    SPEAK PLAINLY AND LOUDLY
    GET RID OF YOUR STANDARD GERMAN!
Then it said the same thing in thick grey letters below, in pseudo-German (not that I know German).

I didn't enter there or anything though.

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

Holy fuck I had the scariest dream.: it started as I'm fucking going for a few days to Viña del Mar / La Serena [who knos which, its a dream, probly both] for work, and so I go and all is well, I even bone the chick that owned the motel I was staying in. And i leave my carkeys and I go for a walk or something. then a zombie apocalypse, and so far so good, right? I mean guns and death and zombies and mystery, epic scenes of people saving other people, I'm doing my best to fucking get back to the motel, get my keys and get out, and the dream goes on for a while until, after heroic efforts on my part,after I've led people to their death, after I've fucking killed people in the desperate quest to get to that one motel and get my car and go I finally get to where I think the motel is, I find my mother and I explain my plan, I leave her somewhere moderately safe so as to go the final mile of the race to the motel, and I can't find the fucking car or the keys... then I turn a corner and find the non-zombied part of town where everyone's driving cars and going shopping and so I ask someone where is this motel, handing him the card i had,explaining my story, and he goes "google it asshole, jesus" [well, the clspanish equivalent, but I'm telling it in english]. So i do on some cibercafé and i realize its in a totally different part of town, and I can use google maps to zoom into the motel administrator room and look at the mangled corpse of the owner, Like, I could look into this woman's zombie-eaten body on google, thatI had made love to. You could google her corpse, as well as into anything that's happened in this half of town where people are being eaten by zombies, but everyone else is just going on with their day, driving the kids to work, going to the office, going to restorants with the wife... ... i dunno why that scared me more than hordes of zombies, but i woke up scared. holy fuck man.

Herr Dunkel
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Herr Dunkel »

Gawd, Torco, your dreams beat mine.

I only dreamt I logged on the board and posted something about Koreans and rice cakes. First dream I've had in over a year.
sano wrote:
To my dearest Darkgamma,
http://www.dazzlejunction.com/greetings/thanks/thank-you-bear.gif
Sincerely,
sano

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

That is one pedestrian dream, I envy it. I slept two hours that day, and I'm still felling tired from it.
I think what scared me was the pointlessness of it; like the gimmick of the zombie thing is that civilization stopped and there's chaos everywhere and you're basically fighting for the survival of mankind, embodied in you. But this was absolutely pointless; all my quest, all my struggles, the horrible death of a newfound love and the piece of my soul I lost killing others was... well, I had the wrong address, as I could google in a cibercafe in a part of the world that didn't give a fuck.

Shm Jay
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Shm Jay »

I think that hot hot chili pepper affected you after all. :mrgreen:

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

hotness is the nightmareweaver?

Soap
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Soap »

Was at a large party at an unfamiliar house with about 40 cats gathered on the doorsteps outside. I wanted to take a video of what was about to happen since i knew one of the cats was about to get fed some tuna and I was expecting all of them to come pounding in once the door was opened. The person who was feeding the cat was having difficulty opening the can and I made a remark about how the cans seemed to be more human-proof than cat-proof. His method of opening it was to push up one thin metal corner near the bottom of one of the sides with his fingernail, and I showed him it was possible to open two more holes in the bottom that would increase the pressure but still make it difficult. There didnt seem to be any actual "lid" that would come off.

Anyway I discovered I somehow had 2 smartphones in my pocket, and neither of them is the phone I have in real life, but in the dream, I recognized one of them and the other one was someone else's I had somehow forgot to return (it didnt seem to work vbery well(. And when I went back to shoot the video I noticed the cats had somehow disappeared.

Later in that house it came time for me to sleep, and we didnt seem to have bedrooms, so I plopped down in front of an air conditioner, since it was awfully hot for late March, and my blankets were very thick, so I needed something to cancel it out.

Later still, I found myself driving to work along the highway I usually take, but somehow it became a 1-lane road, and I saw a sign that said:

Code: Select all

---------------------
       35 MPH 
      SPEED LIMIT
     YES OR NO?
---------------------
         | |
---------------------
   THIS COMMUNITY:
            YO
---------------------
Shortly thereafter the speed limit changed dowen to 45, and then to 30. I was going the speed limit but people were passing me on the left even though it was a 1 lane road. I noticed my compass was showing "S" when I was supposed to be going north, so I was worried I was on the wrong track. Then I went through a theme park ride which somehow was integrated with the road, and I dont remember much about it, except that I entered it through a tunnel and stayed in that tunell after I exited the ride, all while still on the same "road". Then the road led me into my bed, without me ever exiting from my car. The bedroom I was in was, again, not the same as my real one, but I recognized it as "mine". But somehow I still found someone else in trhere, someone I know online, and asked him whether I was really going south or not, because even though it was obvious, I wanted some way to comofrt myself into believing I didnt have to backtrack through all of that nothingness and then start the drive all over again.

THen I woke up.

------

And yeah, I enjoyed reading about the zombie apocalyspe dream, I would never have a dream like that because none of my dreams ever seem to involve sex or violence.
Sunàqʷa the Sea Lamprey says:

cromulant
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by cromulant »

Not exactly a dream, but when I was only half-awake this morning I said "the Danny Devito syllable is not allowed" aloud.

I was watching part of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest the night before, which has him in it, which I didn't know even though I'd seen the movie before, until I watched part of it two nights ago.

Izambri
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Izambri »

Last dream before waking up this morning: a trio with me and two old friends.

LOL
Un llapis mai dibuixa sense una mà.

Colonel Cathcart
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Colonel Cathcart »

All I seem to dream about lately is plane crashes. I don't know why.
kuiva ja pölyinen

Shm Jay
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Shm Jay »

I dream a lot about people from high school outside of high school contexts, but we’re all taking a course of some kind.

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

Colonel Cathcart wrote:All I seem to dream about lately is plane crashes. I don't know why.
http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos ... 0-1024.jpg ??

Ghostfishe
Sanci
Sanci

Post by Ghostfishe »

I've never dreamed about a plane crash, surprisingly... tsunamis, tornados and earthquakes, sure. But no plane crashes.

I did have a dream recently about this reality TV show, where I was competing against a bunch of burly men. We had to spend about a week in the wilderness. Whoever could catch, butcher and eat the most squirrels (the rules said no tools, so we had to use our bare hands... and eat them raw, I guess) would win some kind of prize which was never specified. There were no Survivor-type politics or side competitions or anything like that... it was just "get out there and eat as many squirrels as you can!"
When I'm not dabbling in speculative science, creating game mods or writing fanfiction, I work as a web designer for www.mommatown.net.
Sites my team has made: www.vincentmartella.com, www.ipoglobalresearch.com, www.ipoboutique.com

Izambri
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Izambri »

I had an interesting dream this morning. It reminded me of Daenerys and the House of the Undying because I was in an assembly of interconnected rooms, although that ones resembled alchemist workrooms, with tall bookcases full of old books and parchments, and large tables with many pots and, it seemed to me, alchemist tools. The general look was quite the same for every workroom, but they were decorated differently, each one with a predominant colour. The workrooms were connected in a row, and at the end of the last workroom, whose prevailing colour was dark blue, there was another door, but it connected with a different assembly of rooms, those ones put on different levels, so I needed to use staircases, always ascending.
That rooms were completely empty, with simple walls painted in calid colours (basically shades of yellow and orange), a different one for each room and its corresponding staircase. Every room also had a particular or thematic name (I can't remember any now). I remember passing thru four or five rooms accompanied by a woman I don't know (but I knew her in that dream, it seems) until I reached the last room, slightly smaller than the others. Like the other ones that room was also empty, so we retraced our steps, returning to the blue workroom. Then the room just started shaking, and the ceiling fell in just after I shielded myself under the large table.
Un llapis mai dibuixa sense una mà.

Thry
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Thry »

Izambri wrote:Last dream before waking up this morning: a trio with me and two old friends.

LOL
You mean you sang or you had a threesome. What positions?!