The dream thread

Discussions worth keeping around later.
Soap
Smeric
Smeric

Re: The dream thread

Post by Soap »

I dreamed that we had to install a pipe in our basement to supply water to a nearby town where the average income is triple what it is here. A bit of a pain, but at least we knew that we could decide on a whim whether the people in that town had water or not.

sorry bumping the thread to a new page, the last dream was good
Sunàqʷa the Sea Lamprey says:

Qwynegold
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Qwynegold »

I had a dream where I was watching some talk show, of the Ricky Lake type. This episode was about some people with a rare medical condition that made them look like dogs. The lower part of their face was elongated, like a muzzle, and their noses looked like dogs' noses, and the cheeks were also like a dog's. And they had huuuge teeth arranged circularly in their mouth, and all sorts of overgrown tissue in their mouth. It was so fucking gross. There was a pair of sisters who had this condition, and then their baby sister looked like a toy bunny.
My most recent quiz:
Eurovision Song Contest 2018

Shrdlu
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Shrdlu »

I dreamt that I had gotten a new kitty, but my grandmother didn't like it so she tried to kill it. Repeatedly.

:?
If I stop posting out of the blue it probably is because my computer and the board won't cooperate and let me log in.!

Risla
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Risla »

I dreamed that I saw a cat giving birth in the dark corner of a gas station. It vanished into air and left its kittens there, and I had to go help them. Two of the kittens had vanished with the mother cat, but there were still two. At some point here, they magically became puppies without me noticing. One of them was bright green, one of them was black with big light blue spots. Someone came and snatched the green one, but I fell in love with the blue and black one, brought it home and named it Hummus. I spent the rest of the dream basically cooing over Hummus and remarking on what an unusual fur color he had.

@Astraios: That second dream is awesome. :o

MisterBernie
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by MisterBernie »

I'm a bit fuzzy on the details, but my dream last night involved a guy wearing only waders, a semi-deserted hotel, rooftop sex, stockroom sex, incompetent security guards, easily fooled guests at the check in, and people morphing into my ex :?
Constructed Voices - Another conlanging/conworlding blog.
Latest post: Joyful Birth of the Oiled One

Astraios
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Astraios »

Risla wrote:@Astraios: That second dream is awesome. :o
Yes. :D I love my dreams, they're often like that. xD I love the idea of calling a cat Hummus though, I'm definitely doing that when I get a cat.

TomHChappell
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by TomHChappell »

Soap wrote:I dreamed that we had to install a pipe in our basement to supply water to a nearby town where the average income is triple what it is here. A bit of a pain, but at least we knew that we could decide on a whim whether the people in that town had water or not.
I think everybody dreams about laying pipe.

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

I dreamt I was traveling the world with an old lover, someone I haven't seen I years, blonde, petite and with the best lips you've seen. In the dream we were very much in love, walking around airports holding hands, sneaking into corners to make out in peace, and laughing all the time, you know, the kind of thing new lovers do. Then I saw some random chick I met in high school, asked her how she was, and when I turned around, the blonde was gone forever. I woke up sad and confused.

Astraios
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Astraios »

Yet another Harry Potter dream... There was definitely no time for sex in this one though.

It was at Hogwarts, and for whatever reason, Dumbledore and McGonagall both weren't there, so Snape was in charge. There were also only first-years there, so it was obviously set during the first book. The big difference was that Voldemort had already regained all his strength and followers, and he was already attacking Hogwarts to find Harry and kill him (I wasn't Harry, I was just me).

I would guess that the non-first-years and the other professors were currently engaged in a battle with Voldemort outside Hogwarts, because the dream started straightaway with Snape taking all of us first-years into a more secure dormitory for the night, after Gryffindor Tower had been the target of some heavy cannon fire (Voldemort was using cannons and catapults and Muggle weapons like that, because they were the only thing that would be effective on the enchanted stones of Hogwarts).

Everyone was lined up, in their hastily put-on robes, and Hermione was crying. Draco Malfoy looked like the smug little git he's meant to, all like "My Father is going to destroy you puny Mudbloods" and what not. Seamus Finnigan was holding my hand because he was scared, and Ron wasn't there at all. I think some of the first-years had been either killed or taken out of Hogwarts - it mostly seemed to be non-pure-blood children there in the dream, probably because Hogwarts was safer than Muggle parents' homes.

Anyway, on with the dream. Snape took us all into this other dormitory, which was very cramped, windowless, and rather unfriendly looking. There was the distant thudding noise of cannonballs, and everything was lit with an unhealthy orange glow, as if the torches themselves were afraid. I picked a bed - Hermione and Seamus got into the ones next to me, and I must have fallen asleep, because the next thing I knew everyone was rushing about in panic and there was a fire and a pile of rubble in one corner of the room. Snape shouted some instructions, waving his wand at the fire, which put itself out (I knew somehow it was only temporarily out though), and I jumped out of bed.

Snape held the door open for the students, telling them to head higher into the castle. We had been told earlier (before the dream began) that if you just keep going upwards, Hogwarts' interior expands infinitely, so that was our plan of escaping from Voldemort. They mostly all stampeded out screaming, but then Seamus yelled, "Where's Mandy?!" (I don't know who Mandy is) and since me, him and Snape were the only ones left in the room, Snape made us follow him to go and look for her.

Then the dream skipped ahead a bit, and Seamus had vanished (presumably killed by a cannonball), and it was just me and Snape, running up a large spiral staircase that had a black shadow at the bottom which was slowly creeping up after us. The walls here were apparently bare, but then we ran into Filch on his way down, who said that he had taken the other children to a safe place, but for some reason he wouldn't tell us where that was, and avoided the question. At that point, Snape cast Petrificus Totalus on him, and then some other spell on the wall going around the staircase, and portaits appeared momentarily all along its length as the message went along them to look for the children.

We ran up the stairs, following the portaits as they appeared, until one portrait yelled, "Through here!", and swung open to reveal a passageway. We scrambled through into a corridor, and there were only about ten first-years there in total. The others must have been killed by Filch. Snape put me in charge of them, and told me the only way we could from here was to go down and through a very exposed area of castle, before going back up into the infinite expansion.

So we turned and sprinted down the corridor, as he went back through the portrait to fight off that shadow creeping up the stairs. As we went further down, things became more war-torn-looking, and there were more and more piles of rubble and little fires, until eventually, halfway down one flight of stairs, there was a great big hole in the wall and we could see the torches and hear the cries of the battle, much too close for comfort. We lay down to crawl past the hole without being seen, and discovered that way down had been blocked by the rubble from the hole. The only way we could go was up a few steps that led off from the main staircase towards a door labelled "Crocodile Room".

We crawled up to the door, desperate now for anywhere to hide, and a girl called Annie opened it a crack and peeked through into the room, looking around to check it was safe. It seemed okay, so she crawled a little further in, whispering, "Do you think it means there are crocodiles in this room?" I said I didn't know, but be careful. Then suddenly, a huge crocodile leapt at her, hissing and roaring. She screamed and jerked backwards, I shoved the door so that it flew fully open, banging the crocodile in the snout, and grabbed Annie's leg, trying to pull her back.

Then I woke up. ><

Qwynegold
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Qwynegold »

Risla wrote:one of them was black with big light blue spots.
Shiny Umbreon!
My most recent quiz:
Eurovision Song Contest 2018

ratammer
Sanci
Sanci

Post by ratammer »

blank stare II wrote:Anybody else keep a dream diary by their bed?
I've been keeping one for years now. I keep thinking of doing something with it, like writing things based on my dreams, but I've never got around to it.
----
At one point in my dream last night, I was in a cross between a bedroom and a changing room, and I had committed a crime. In a desperate attempt to hide my guilt, I blamed someone else. Then a teenage girl told me not to look into her handbag...

dunomapuka
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by dunomapuka »

I dreamt that I shot myself in the left temple, but it just caused slight bleeding, and I was having difficulty moving my face on the left side, so I looked like a stroke victim. I chided myself for doing something so dumb, and I started working on getting my face back to normal.

Also, a friend from school was saying something like, "Gravity is such a buzzkill - it's always getting in the way of your plans. It's so polarizing. Thanks a lot, gravity."

Bob Johnson
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Bob Johnson »

こんな夢を見た:
Somebody called one of my conlangs isolating. I was offended by this. (It's agglutinating heading into fusional.)

Lyhoko Leaci
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Lyhoko Leaci »

I had a dream where I was playing Minecraft, and i came up over a hill, only to see hundreds of creepers on the other side. I turned around and ran as fast as I could, I heard a couple of them explode but I was far enough away to not be killed. Then another one jumped out in front of me, and I only barely got away from it. I then noticed a dungeon that was open to the sky, with a passage leading underground from the side, I jumped down in and ran though the door into a room that contained several of what looked like some form of stone golems, which ignored me. I then dropped down another hole to somewhere, after which I woke up.
Zain pazitovcor, sio? Sio, tovcor.
You can't read that, right? Yes, it says that.
Shinali Sishi wrote:"Have I spoken unclearly? I meant electric catfish not electric onions."

linguoboy
Sanno
Sanno

Post by linguoboy »

I just dreamt of a mouse fucking a toy car. It was about the size of a matchbook car, but made of featureless unpainted wood.

Soap
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Soap »

I was hearing about an island off the coast of Indonesia that was "neither Boxell nor Li" ... meaning it was not administered by Australia (whose president, or perhaps some other office, was named Boxell) nor China (Li).

Cathbad
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Cathbad »

Dreamt of eating food. Again. That must be the third time in a week or something. :?

Bristel
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Bristel »

Qwynegold wrote:
Risla wrote:one of them was black with big light blue spots.
Shiny Umbreon!
LOL! A shiny Umbreon and a Leafeon... (the green one, grass type?)
[bɹ̠ˤʷɪs.təɫ]
Nōn quālibet inīquā cupiditāte illectus hoc agō
Yo te pongo en tu lugar...
Taisc mach Daró

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

Cathbad wrote:Dreamt of eating food. Again. That must be the third time in a week or something. :?
As opposed to dreaming of eating non-food?
I dreamt of a huge stretch of land, like a grassland or something. There were many kinds of grass in the dream. Overall one of the least interesting dreams I've dreamt.

Cathbad
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Cathbad »

Torco wrote:
Cathbad wrote:Dreamt of eating food. Again. That must be the third time in a week or something. :?
As opposed to dreaming of eating non-food?
No, as opposed to not dreaming of eating food. :P (Okay, I could have just said eating, but it seemed that the food was actually quite an important part of the dream, since it involved 3 different meals. Which I could all taste.)

Shm Jay
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Shm Jay »

I dreamt I visited the elementary school I attended in Grade 1 and it was now huge, with multiple shrines to practically everything.

TomHChappell
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by TomHChappell »

I dreamed that Michigan had a county shaped just like Texas.

Jetboy
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Jetboy »

I went up into this really big tower with some of my friends on the way to the downtown area of where ever we were, and brought back down a kid from the grade below us from some sort of sporting event going on inside. I was under the impression I'd get some sort of reward for this, so when I got to the bottom I just stood right outside on the steps with him, waiting for my friends, in a loose circle around me, to tell me what it was. But as they continued to just stare and say things along the lines of "you know" to my questions, I started to get the idea that my reward was to rape the guy, which was not what I'd been hoping for. The situation somehow resolved itself without actually resolving one way or the other, and then I woke up without much else happening.
Last edited by Jetboy on Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
–Herm Albright
Even better than a proto-conlang, it's the *kondn̥ǵʰwéh₂s

Rui
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Rui »

I had a dream about Words With Friends :|

Soap
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Soap »

Gadhafi had co-authored a textbook about world politics, and it was the textbook of a class I was taking. The book was written in the 1970s, but except for Gadhafi's edits it was mostly from the late 1800's. Gadhafi himself was rumored to be moving here to help teach the class since he wasnt going to be welcome in Libya much longer.

Also at work we had a customer from Cadibarrawirracanna who wanted to order something, but we couldnt fit the name in the address field so we used some other name that started with Q.