Discussions worth keeping around later.
Herr Dunkel
Smeric
Smeric

Re: The dream thread

Post by Herr Dunkel »

Travis B. wrote:
Darkgamma wrote:WHY DO YOU HAVE ALL THE FUN DREAMS
Hey, some of us either do not get dreams at all, only remember the fact that we had a dream of some sort (on the rare occasions we get them), and only very, very rarely remember dreams at all.

The last dream I remember at all involved me getting trapped in a (small) bathroom and then drowned in shit not only backed up from all drains and toilet but, also, inexplicably spraying wildly out of the faucet and the showerhead.

I think that dream was about a year ago.
Scat dreams.
More fun than what I get.
I get dreams almost every night, and every other dream has some Slavic tribesfolk eating Wieners.
Maybe I'm the Wiener...
sano wrote:
To my dearest Darkgamma,
http://www.dazzlejunction.com/greetings/thanks/thank-you-bear.gif
Sincerely,
sano

Shm Jay
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Shm Jay »

I dreamt I was some businesswoman who had fallen in time back to 1920s Winnipeg and I had to get used to a much lower standard of living.

Earthling
Sanci
Sanci

Post by Earthling »

I think the dream was long and complicated, but the only part I remember was going into a patch of woods at night with four or five other people, and we tied our hands to each other's hands so we wouldn't get separated. We were (I think) trying to solve a crime, but the suspect had gone into a hospital, so I don't know why we were going into the woods.
This post brought to your computer all the way from Earth.

Astraios
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Astraios »

Darkgamma wrote:I get dreams almost every night, and every other dream has some Slavic tribesfolk eating Wieners.
Would you just shut up about how evil Slavs are already? Srsly. :|

I was a mole last night, and it was the horriblest dream I've had in a while, because I'm claustrophobic and I was having to dig through tight little tunnels all the time and blergh *shudder*.

Herr Dunkel
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Herr Dunkel »

Astraios wrote:
Darkgamma wrote:I get dreams almost every night, and every other dream has some Slavic tribesfolk eating Wieners.
Would you just shut up about how evil Slavs are already? Srsly. :|
I never said Slavs are evil. They're wonderful people.
I just have dreams about tribal Slavs eating Wieners.
sano wrote:
To my dearest Darkgamma,
http://www.dazzlejunction.com/greetings/thanks/thank-you-bear.gif
Sincerely,
sano

Earthling
Sanci
Sanci

Post by Earthling »

A ZBB thread turned into an argument about the nature of color. Somebody said "You seem to have a different definition of color than me." Somebody else wrote something to the effect of
green blue red yellow
Also, I forgot to mention something about my previous dream about the woods: it had background music, which was "Green Grow the Rushes, O", except my mind changed it to "Hi Ho the Mistletoe".
This post brought to your computer all the way from Earth.

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

I just dreamy my family had moved to a huuuuuge estate. They must have hit the jackpots, somehow, cause the house was huge, there was a small platoon of servants, nurseries for plants and large mazes made out of bush. I was sitting on a bench trading Magic the Gathering cards with the servants, deciding which car to drive to the beach, and sipping beer.

the magic the gathering cards were pretty detailed, in the dream: I mainly remember the illustrations, they were fokken pretty.

Shm Jay
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Shm Jay »

I was driving, or travelling, in the Oklahoma Panhandle.

Lyhoko Leaci
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Lyhoko Leaci »

I had a dream where I was playing (cheating at?) a game of Civilization that was taking place in Almea. The game itself was sort of a virtual reality type thing, and I was walking around (or floating if I was over the ocean) on the planet, with the graphics being similar to one of the newer Civilization games. (Though I've only played Civ II and Civ III) I had managed to take over basically all of the western part of Ereláe, mainly with tanks. (Which looked suspiciously like the modern armor unit from Civ III) Verduria and an unnamed nation on another continent meanwhile both had massive flotillas over to the west of the continent, and looked like they would go to war at any moment, but I only ever saw them move ships around when I looked. Their ships seemed to fit the actual technology level of Almean humans... I was apparently Haruhi Suzumiya, and I told Mikuru and Yuki to build some more tanks (which was done by pulling them out of a small metal box in this version of Civilization...) only I ended up having to basically do it for Mikuru. Then we took the tanks over to attack the Computer Society, who controlled the far eastern part of Ereláe. No mention of how we got the tanks over there was made, but it looked like we just carried them. Maybe that was symbolizing an airlift somehow? The Computer Society didn't have any weapons visible, but did have several laptops set up in their territory. The tanks we brought over simply shot the laptops full of holes, and there was once where a tank round flew though one and hit a second.

That's the only dream that I remember in detail, but I also remember one where my grandparents had a hot tub in their bedroom, and another where I had gone back in time and was going to meet with my past self.
Zain pazitovcor, sio? Sio, tovcor.
You can't read that, right? Yes, it says that.
Shinali Sishi wrote:"Have I spoken unclearly? I meant electric catfish not electric onions."

dhok
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by dhok »

Torco wrote:I just dreamy my family had moved to a huuuuuge estate. They must have hit the jackpots, somehow, cause the house was huge, there was a small platoon of servants, nurseries for plants and large mazes made out of bush. I was sitting on a bench trading Magic the Gathering cards with the servants, deciding which car to drive to the beach, and sipping beer.

the magic the gathering cards were pretty detailed, in the dream: I mainly remember the illustrations, they were fokken pretty.
Viktor, it's not nice to hack Torco's account.

Soap
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Soap »

I dreamed that I was the dictator of an unnamed very small country, which in the dream spoke English. I was keeping in touch with the news from all the other little corrupt dictatorships to make sure I didnt make the same mistakes they did. e.g. most of Africa was in a revolution to unite as one nation with a democratic government, and the parts that werent in revolution were already democratic and just didnt want to join the massive all-Africa state that the others were intent on creating.
Sunàqʷa the Sea Lamprey says:

Soap
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Soap »

Yet another "back at school" dream (I havent been posting htem since theyre so common for me), this time Rachel Maddow was one of the teachers and she was part conservative and part liberal. We and another teacher agreed that she was annoying so we told her to get out of the school. Later, the teacher who we had spoken to revealed that she was going to stop teaching in the school and go to a theater about 10 miles away that the school had just bought. (I remembered reading in the newspapers that the school had just bought that building, a first.) This was on December 23. Then I went into the theater and began thinking about helping her move stuff into the new building, also somehow I found out how low the rent was for the theater, and that if it were divided into apartments they could be sub-letted for $150 a month and still make a profit, but the downside would be that people would have to share kitchens and bathrooms, since there were only two sets of bathrooms and one kitchen in the building.

A boring dream I suppose but it was interesting to me.
Sunàqʷa the Sea Lamprey says:

Astraios
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Astraios »

I keep on forgetting my dreams lately. It's a bit annoying, because I've had some fun ones... Probably because I'm too tired in the mornings to remember.

Jetboy
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Jetboy »

A couple nights ago I had a dream that involved something akin to TV tropes, except the tropes were about trends in history, not trends in narrative. The trope I was immersed in was called something to the effect of "Lincoln's Restrooms," and was about how male-chauvinist leaders tended to still accidentally further women's rights, named for the fact that some of rabidly anti-Feminist Abe Lincoln's legislation ended up providing public toilets for women (this is all dream stuff, AFAIK). Before this, I was running alone a dusty path in a rather open forest, being chased by a man with a gun who may have been working for Lincoln. I took a left fork around a small island of trees, and saw some stone ruins– well, really just some small paving stones– next to the road; I flashed back through this after learning the trope, and realized those ruins were of one of these restrooms.
Man, this US history paper is really getting inside my head.
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
–Herm Albright
Even better than a proto-conlang, it's the *kondn̥ǵʰwéh₂s

Das Baron
Sanci
Sanci

Post by Das Baron »

I dreamed that Yusuke Urameshi had made a promise to a Xenomorph (whom he referred to as "the king of the world") that, when the alien was dying, Yusuke would come and fight him to the death so that he could die with honor. The battle consisted of the two stalking each other through pitch-black rooms and hallways, Yusuke with his eyes closed so as to better sense his enemy's ki, and it ended when the Xenomorph tried sneaking up on him from behind and Yusuke put a spirit gun bolt through its head.

The single nerdiest dream I've ever had (at least that I can remember).
AKA Benjaburns

Nesescosac
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Nesescosac »

An enormous cloud of mercury vapour was making its way across the land, killing all the humans and embrittling everything metallic. Lots of running away involved.
I did have a bizarrely similar (to the original poster's) accident about four years ago, in which I slipped over a cookie and somehow twisted my ankle so far that it broke
What kind of cookie?
Aeetlrcreejl > Kicgan Vekei > me /ne.ses.tso.sats/

Risla
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Risla »

I was trapped in a building in which the vents were set to release poisonous gases that would kill everyone in fifteen seconds. I was running around trying to find an exit but it was like a maze. I died and woke up outside to Jesus shaking me, looking quite concerned. I discovered that Jesus was a fifteen-year-old transgender girl with red-brown hair. She said "let's try this again!" and suddenly I was back in the building with her and a bunch of angels with sunglasses and I led them straight to the exit instead of dying again.

dunomapuka
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by dunomapuka »

I realized that my supervisor was just affecting a Chinese accent when he talked to me, and spoke fluent American English with everyone else. I was annoyed.

Astraios
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Astraios »

Risla wrote:I was trapped in a building in which the vents were set to release poisonous gases that would kill everyone in fifteen seconds. I was running around trying to find an exit but it was like a maze. I died and woke up outside to Jesus shaking me, looking quite concerned. I discovered that Jesus was a fifteen-year-old transgender girl with red-brown hair. She said "let's try this again!" and suddenly I was back in the building with her and a bunch of angels with sunglasses and I led them straight to the exit instead of dying again.
I like Jesus being a fifteen-year-old transgender girl. :D

Last night I was apparently living in university accommodation, and there was a war going on between flats. The flat above mine kept dropping bombs through a hole in the ceiling, and we had to grab them before they exploded and drop them into the flat below. There was also a lot of sex, because I got seduced by one of the guys in the flat above so that I'd spy on my own flatmates for them in exchange for them fucking me. Having sex with a guy disguised in a mask while watching your flatmates having bombs dropped on their heads is kinda strange...

Xephyr
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Xephyr »

I had to invent a character for a fighting video game. I came up "Buff Rabbi". The name tells you everything you need to know.
"It will not come by waiting for it. It will not be said, 'Here it is,' or 'There it is.' Rather, the Kingdom of the Father is spread out upon the earth, and men do not see it."
The Gospel of Thomas

ná'oolkiłí
Lebom
Lebom

Post by ná'oolkiłí »

I dreamed the trailer for a new Werner Herzog film, about a trio of highschooler friends from Alabama. The main character was a pretty butch lesbian with hair dyed into a rainbow (it was a pretty cool hairstyle, actually). She was part of a women's club and was feeling left out because she was the only one who wasn't experiencing any oppression. So, she decided to get gay married to experience some. She and her friend hopped in the car to elope in Florida (the nearest state with legal gay marriage, of course). The friend was actually a guy, but according to dream logic they were still a getting a gay marriage and thus the main character was all set for oppression. Meanwhile the third friend, actually a girl and actually gay and actually in love with the main character, was left behind in Alabama very angrily chopping wood. She even got a log that was decorated to look like the main character and chopped the shit out of it to express her anger at not being included in the marriage.

Shm Jay
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Shm Jay »

I dreamt I was in an episode of MASH, and where Frank Burns and Hawkeye had been sent with a whole bunch of other doctors (I was one) somewhere or other, and then they were all captured by the Chinese and many of the doctors died a bloody death. I remember the Chinese singing "The East is Red", or something that was supposed to be, and I especially remember 呼尔嗨哟.

Edit: here is the real song, so what I heard in my dream was nothing like it. And here is the full version.

Bristel
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Bristel »

Hi-yo, call Seoul?

LOL That's funny, Shm Jay.
[bɹ̠ˤʷɪs.təɫ]
Nōn quālibet inīquā cupiditāte illectus hoc agō
Yo te pongo en tu lugar...
Taisc mach Daró

vampireshark
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by vampireshark »

I had a rather strange one last night involving me being asked to test drive a car on a rather long trip. Thing was, though, that this car was a manual transmission with a rather strange configuration of pedals. Apparently, I had no problems with operating the clutch, but trying to remember which pedal was the clutch was an adventure...
What do you see in the night?

In search of victims subjects to appear on banknotes. Inquire within.

TomHChappell
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by TomHChappell »

I dreamed I was for some reason meeting with a college conlanging club on some campus or other.
I was trying to explain Zeno's paradox.
For some reason it came up naturally as part of discussing conlanging.
Anyway I kept getting interrupted.
Then the alarm went off. That blew the fuse (or circuit breaker) on their TV (at any rate it lost power).
I spent a while trying to find and fix the circuit-breaker before it dawned on me that the alarm meant "time to wake up".