The dream thread

Discussions worth keeping around later.
Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Re: The dream thread

Post by Torco »

the other day I had the most peculiar dream... I remember it was long and complicated, but all I remembered is that I was having a romance with youtuber laci green.

other than that, in other onyric news, I dreamt I was caught in a mall/subway station that had impossible geometry and that wouldn't let me leave. it was a lower-class kind of mall, which might not mean anything if you haven't visited chile, or at least latam.

aaand yeah

maıráí
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by maıráí »

Had a dream about a forum town.
People sat on their porches just silently staring at each other under a hot sun. Occasionally, a family would huddle together, an elder would right something down, and send their kid to go post the note on this huge wall on one side of town. The other families would send their kids to go look at the note, and then they'd write their own reply.
Nobody talked to anyone outside their family. They used some kind of weird sign language to buy groceries and chat with neighbors. The movements were always small and in front of the chest, there were a ton of handshapes, and the angle of the head was really important.
In the end, some people got in a fight, and they started screaming at each other, and when the other townspeople noticed that two families were talking, they all got furious. I woke up when the town was storming their lawns.

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

xD awesome

Aurora Rossa
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Aurora Rossa »

snoʊfleik wrote:Had a dream about a forum town.
People sat on their porches just silently staring at each other under a hot sun. Occasionally, a family would huddle together, an elder would right something down, and send their kid to go post the note on this huge wall on one side of town. The other families would send their kids to go look at the note, and then they'd write their own reply.
Nobody talked to anyone outside their family. They used some kind of weird sign language to buy groceries and chat with neighbors. The movements were always small and in front of the chest, there were a ton of handshapes, and the angle of the head was really important.
In the end, some people got in a fight, and they started screaming at each other, and when the other townspeople noticed that two families were talking, they all got furious. I woke up when the town was storming their lawns.
You mean a town modeled on an internet forum like this one? Cool, you could use that as inspiration for a weird little SF short story or something.
"There was a particular car I soon came to think of as distinctly St. Louis-ish: a gigantic white S.U.V. with a W. bumper sticker on it for George W. Bush."

Vuvuzela
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Vuvuzela »

I've had two dreams recently that I sort of remember.
In the first, I traveled through a portal or something to a sort of other world. No one had ever gone to this world before, save for the inhabitants, because it wasn't meant to be there. The Universe included it by mistake, like an area in a video game which only exists due to a glitch in the software. It was composed of rectangualar prisms with rounded edges, floating in abnormally still water. The water was all one shade of blue, everything there was one color. Even the people were composed of monochrome prisms. I hung out with the people there, about halfway through the dream forgetting that they were all made up of rubbery cube-things. But, as I was doing stuff, and developing relationships with the people there, it started to flood. The Universe was fixing it's mistake. The people there advised me to leave, but I didn't want to. I just kept looking for higher ground, for a cube raised higher above the ground than the last. This dream didn't have a satisfactory conclusion.

In the second, I was in a magical world, full of caves and fairies and villagers and shit. I remember I went through a bunch of caves around this one village to talk to ghost-things. It was sort of like a quest, even though I was not unique in my ability to see these ghosts, nor was I the best at social interaction. Nevertheless, I talked to them, and stuff happened. At the end, everyone int he village got lined up against a wooden wall, fence thing, and the village leader guy was telling us where we were all going to sleep. He asks this androgynous-looking person whether ze would like to sleep in a male or female bunk, and ze replied female, and I thought "Wow, for a pseudo-medieval village thing that functions almost exactly like a summer camp for some reason, this place has a really progressive policy when it comes to trans stuff. I should talk to him about my own issues as soon as he's done with his whole shpiel that he's going on about. But the English of his speech slowly melted into the Chinese of the station my Radio is currently tuned to, and I woke up.

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

Vuvgangujunga wrote:I've had two dreams recently that I sort of remember.
In the first, I traveled through a portal or something to a sort of other world. No one had ever gone to this world before, save for the inhabitants, because it wasn't meant to be there. The Universe included it by mistake, like an area in a video game which only exists due to a glitch in the software. It was composed of rectangualar prisms with rounded edges, floating in abnormally still water. The water was all one shade of blue, everything there was one color. Even the people were composed of monochrome prisms. I hung out with the people there, about halfway through the dream forgetting that they were all made up of rubbery cube-things. But, as I was doing stuff, and developing relationships with the people there, it started to flood. The Universe was fixing it's mistake. The people there advised me to leave, but I didn't want to. I just kept looking for higher ground, for a cube raised higher above the ground than the last. This dream didn't have a satisfactory conclusion.
I like this dream, it has a borgian feel, and reminds me of a half life 2 mod whose name I don't remember.

Astraios
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Astraios »

I got back from class at 16:00 or something and just fell asleep, and whenever I sleep in the day I wake up frequently.

So first I dreamt I was pregnant, except for reasons unknown to me still now, I was pregnant with a baby sheep, and the pregnancy was progressing abnormally fast. I kept thinking about scared I was of having another (??) C-section because I don't have a vagina, and my womb was removable and I kept taking it out to see how far it had progressed.

Next I dreamt I was in the Vatican City, except right deep inside the underground parts of the building, where no one is ever supposed to go unless they've been initiated. It was all super hi-tech alieny stuff, and everything was blue. I was alone, running away from a fat priest in a maroon shirt, and then I fell down a deep hole in the floor and landed on something soft in a pitch-black enormous room, with some woman laughing like a maniac in my ear, and then she relented and gave me some Hebrew worksheets to do as an apology.

Then I dreamt I was in some other city, and it was super misty and I couldn't see much. There was a huge square like Tiananmen except Europeany style, and I was going through it looking for my sister, and for some reason I was walking on all fours like a chimp. I found her, and then we were escaping through some hilly countryside, and now there was a guy with us, and we were all disguised as an animal - I was a stork, my sister was a mouse, and the guy was a snake. We were running (our bodies hadn't actually changed, it would just look to anyone who saw us that we were animals) through a field, and then we came to a field of vultures, and we remembered that the people here had vulture farms.

So we decided we couldn't go through this field in case we got eaten, and looked for another route, and the two of them found a little rabbithole and went into it, and I couldn't so I tried to fly, but it didn't really work. Then I was inside the hole with my sister and we were looking for the snakeguy who'd got stolen by the Pope, and the inside of the hole was the secret alien Vatican City. The same maroon priest was there, so we were running away from him through a blue room whose walls extended into the centre except we could pass through them like ghosts. Then we ran into a tunnel, and fell into a cubicle in a public toilet, and kept quiet waiting until the maroon priest finished and left.

We thought we heard him leave, so we ran out, but he jumped on us and threw us into the urinal, and we fell into the same deep hole I fell down before, and landed on a massive pile of garbage (this time it was lighter) with the maniac woman laughing at us. Then we climbed off the garbage into my classroom here at the uni, and the guy was there doing a Hebrew worksheet, and the maniac woman gave me another one and my sister a Physics one, as an apology.

Then the guy helped me understand what the worksheet was about, and then we started talking, and he told me he wanted to visit the Old City of Jerusalem but was afraid the religious people wouldn't like his rainbow keyholder, and I said I had the same keyholder (I actually do) and I went there already wearing it (I actually did) and no one said anything (they actually didn't). So he asked if we could go together, and I said yes.

Then I woke up.

Jerian
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Jerian »

So earlier this summer I met a girl at a summercamp and we really bonded, however we live a long ways apart so we prob won't see each other until christmas time.
I've seen her appear in my dream on either 5 or 6 occasions now.

I'm used to seeing people in my dreams. People I know appear in my dreams all the time. Family, friends, coworkers, classmates, even busdrivers and the like...

But the thing is, whenever I wake up, the first thing I remember is seeing her in the dream, which then leads me to remember more of the dream, and remembering seeing more people in the dream.

So yeah. Kinda weird.
Just thought I'd drop this here.
"Man is least himself when he speaks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will reveal his true face" --Oscar Wilde

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

You know, I'm sure some shrink could use all this dream data for a study of some sort.

Shm Jay
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Shm Jay »

I dreamt I was by the banks of the Westhumber River in Toronto, in the park near where I used to live as a child. Someone had deposited piles of Latin textbooks and Russian textbooks by the riverbank, and I was trying to gather them all up to put in my car and see if I had any complete series.

ol bofosh
Smeric
Smeric
Location: tʰæ.ɹʷˠə.ˈgɜʉ̯.nɜ kʰæ.tə.ˈlɜʉ̯.nʲɜ spɛ̝ɪ̯n ˈjʏː.ɹəʔp

Post by ol bofosh »

Torco wrote:You know, I'm sure some shrink could use all this dream data for a study of some sort.
Yeah, you're all neurotic. :mrgreen:

or

You're all balanced people living creative lives. :mrgreen:

Take your pick. :P
It was about time I changed this.

Lyhoko Leaci
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Lyhoko Leaci »

I had a dream where for whatever reason, the girld from 2girls1minecraft were at my house, and they were watching a documentary about themselves. And my dad didn't realize that they were the ones in the documentary.
Zain pazitovcor, sio? Sio, tovcor.
You can't read that, right? Yes, it says that.
Shinali Sishi wrote:"Have I spoken unclearly? I meant electric catfish not electric onions."

Travis B.
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Travis B. »

ol bofosh wrote:
Torco wrote:You know, I'm sure some shrink could use all this dream data for a study of some sort.
Yeah, you're all neurotic. :mrgreen:

or

You're all balanced people living creative lives. :mrgreen:

Take your pick. :P
As if dreams were any kind of real measure of how mentally healthy one is.

I for one simply do not remember having any dreams most of the time, and when I do remember having them I very rarely remember any of their content; they are almost always simply a blur.

But whether I have dreams or not in the first place, or whether I remember them when I do, really does not say much in this department.

(Of course, then, the only dream I do remember from probably the last decade involved being trapped in my bathroom, drowning in shit that was oozing quickly out of every drain and spraying furiously out of every faucet and nozzle. This dream, however, was probably inspired by the many drain backups I got in my previous apartment, which were always a pain to clean up after.)
Dibotahamdn duthma jallni agaynni ra hgitn lakrhmi.
Amuhawr jalla vowa vta hlakrhi hdm duthmi xaja.
Irdro. Irdro. Irdro. Irdro. Irdro. Irdro. Irdro.

Astraios
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Astraios »

I dreamt I was an Imperial TIE fighter (that is, I was the spaceship itself), on my way to ambush the Rebels at the bit where Admiral Ackbar says "It's a trap!" It felt pretty weird flying up out of the atmosphere into space, but super awesome.

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

I'm not entirely sure they aren't, I mean, if I dreamt of raping women everyday or something I'd be a bit concerned, myself.

Pthagnar
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Pthagnar »

Astraios wrote:I dreamt I was an Imperial TIE fighter (that is, I was the spaceship itself), on my way to ambush the Rebels at the bit where Admiral Ackbar says "It's a trap!" It felt pretty weird flying up out of the atmosphere into space, but super awesome.
did you feed this into theories about your Spaceman Identity?

Astraios
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Astraios »

Spaceship Identity.

ol bofosh
Smeric
Smeric
Location: tʰæ.ɹʷˠə.ˈgɜʉ̯.nɜ kʰæ.tə.ˈlɜʉ̯.nʲɜ spɛ̝ɪ̯n ˈjʏː.ɹəʔp

Post by ol bofosh »

Torco wrote:I'm not entirely sure they aren't, I mean, if I dreamt of raping women everyday or something I'd be a bit concerned, myself.
I think most dreams can't be interpreted in conventional/universal ways because they're so personal (and so not a good way of making a psychological diagnosis), but I suppose some might make even a psychiatrist sit up and pay attention.
It was about time I changed this.

Soap
Smeric
Smeric

vooput

Post by Soap »

I got a job taking pictures of high school girls on the street whose shorts were too short for the dress code and always ended up causing indecent exposure. I knelt down with my camera to get a better view and waited for them to walk by. None of them ever seemed to mind, although Im not sure they even noticed me. Im not sure what I was supposed to do with the photos afterwards because the dream didnt get to that.

In the same dream, I was reminiscing about how I was in movie as an extra once because they needed "a blond kid" to just sit and not say anything, and I was a shoo-in because my mother was already in the movie as an actor. But then the topic changed yet again. This time Wikipedia had made a video game of itself, such that every Wikipedia article somehow translated itself into a screen in which you could play a Secret of Mana style RPG, with every section becoming a unique enemy you';d have to beat. Supposedly they had kept the Secret of Mana code intact, although it looked more like Secret of Mana 2. I tried to go to the page "vooput", because that was the name the Dutch gave to the kind of ultra-short shorts that I had been taking pictures of (in the dream, it meant literally "sprout"), but it woudlnt load. So I tried typing it in manually (this was an emulator produced by Wikipedia itself) and it did load, but because this was Wiktionary instead of Wikipedia not everything worked properly and there were no enemies to fight.
Sunàqʷa the Sea Lamprey says:

Soap
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Soap »

It was Friday and I was back in college yet again. I knew I had only one class that day, a math class, but couldnt ifnd the schedule I needed anywhere. I finally decided I needed to log in online to see what my schedule was, but for some reason this required me to go to the school anyway. I had a laptop ... for some reason my main laptop had gone down, so I had a "Windows 95 laptop". And in this world Windows was a minority operating system, at least on laptops ... I think I was confusing it with cellphones. The Win95 laptop worked amazingly well for being almost 20 years old .the one odd feature of it was that its keyboard had over 200 keys, and almost half of them were symbols of plants and animals. The only one I remember clearly was a seal with a fish in its mouth, and the reason I remember it is it was the one I picked when I was pointing out the oddness of the keyboard to a friend.

When I got to the school, however, I seem to have had another computer all along, but I didnt recognize it. My roommate had just bought an Ethernet Loop for $99.99, which he bought to make playing video games easier. For some reason, without the Loop, the game always tried to go out to the wider Internet and made it slower. I wish I could remember the name of the game. I asked if he needed my help installing it, since he hadnt done so yet, but I dont remember what his answer was. Then I asked if it would matter that he wasnt in the dorm (we were in a laboratory/office like thing, not a dorm, even though these were "our computers") and he said no. The screen of his computer was being projected to a large pulldown in front of us. He was logging into the video game. AGain I dont remember what it was except it was all in capitals and had a lot of red letters. Apparently there were "clans" or "leagues" or something, and the one that he was typing was the same as the old school I used to go to. Apparently a coincidence since we didnt know each other from outside this school. Then the text changed to some African language, at least I think it was African because someone with short hair and a deep tan color skin was suddenly in the room and was reading it. But it had "ı", like Turkish, so it could have been more Middle Eastern influenced. After he was done the screen went back to the way it was and I dont remember if anything else happened or if I just woke up.
Sunàqʷa the Sea Lamprey says:

Mr. Z
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Mr. Z »

I had an interesting dream, and I managed to write it down, so I'm really happy right now. The dream itself involved me thrown back in time to the 4th grade, where I soon found out I had to crash on a particular target jumping from a supersonic kite to get back. I got the kite and found the target, but I missed it by a few meters and was really depressed about being stuck in the past, until I found out I got to the present and all my friends (and people I didn't really know, too) were there.

You should have been there. Well, probably not.
Přemysl wrote:
Kereb wrote:they are nerdissimus inter nerdes
Oh god, we truly are nerdy. My first instinct was "why didn't he just use sunt and have it all in Latin?".
Languages I speak fluently
English, עברית

Languages I am studying
العربية, 日本語

Conlangs
Athonian

Miekko
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Miekko »

I dreamt a few days ago I had the ability to morph my face's shape through some weird movement of facial musculature at will. I wasn't very good at it though, and I was going to change my face to look like my brother's temporarily for some reason I don't recall but it was probably obvious in the dream. Anyway, while doing so I suddenly felt pain in my mouth and realized my muscle movements had accidentally crushed two of my teeth, and while trying to reduce the pressure on them I crushed a third one. Apparently, teeth are hollow shells in my dreams. I was thinking a lot about dentist bills when I woke up :|

An interesting detail in the dream was that I kept watching myself in a mirror to get the reshaping right, and distinctly recall overshooting some of the details so I had a horn-like protrusion on my forehead at one point.

I've also once dreamt I was Batman.
< Cev> My people we use cars. I come from a very proud car culture-- every part of the car is used, nothing goes to waste. When my people first saw the car, generations ago, we called it šuŋka wakaŋ-- meaning "automated mobile".

Jerian
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Jerian »

1 in 3 dreams I have starts off with some epic sci-fi/post apocalypse kinda thing, but ends up erotic. Last night, for example, I was walking through my city, which was completely devoid of all life. Sky was a darkish red colour. I approached a grime covered van, got inside, to see a naked woman, and we made passionate love until my alarm clock woke me up.

:D
"Man is least himself when he speaks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will reveal his true face" --Oscar Wilde

Shm Jay
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Shm Jay »

I dreamt I told Michael Jackson not to dress like Björk.

Ghostfishe
Sanci
Sanci

Post by Ghostfishe »

I have recurring dreams sometimes of zombie-like monstrosities.

They aren't really zombies per se... that's just the best I can describe them in one word. They're human skeletons, stained completely red with blood, and with small shreds of bloody flesh still attached. The skeleton is sawed off at about where the pelvis should start. Instead the torso ends in a rectangular motorized base with wheels. They roll around kind of like someone is controlling them, the way you would control a remote control toy car. Very jerky and kind of clumsy.

But the real scary part is the fact that they have these buck teeth that glow with this lurid greenish-white aura, like they're extremely, extremely radioactive. These teeth make this constant tsss-tsss-tsss sound, kind of like a lawn sprinkler, which you can hear coming from two blocks away, and they spit sparks that can set things on fire. And also their teeth are so hot that they can burn through cement, steel, and pretty much anything else in their path. The zombie-things don't eat people--they incinerate folks with their teeth, six square inches at a time.

It is probably the scariest thing I have ever dreamed of, although seemingly the horror of it is just because my subconscious tells me I should be afraid--I tried to describe it to my mother once and she couldn't stop laughing.
When I'm not dabbling in speculative science, creating game mods or writing fanfiction, I work as a web designer for www.mommatown.net.
Sites my team has made: www.vincentmartella.com, www.ipoglobalresearch.com, www.ipoboutique.com