The dream thread

Discussions worth keeping around later.
Soap
Smeric
Smeric

Re: The dream thread

Post by Soap »

I do read every post in this thread, I promise Im niot just spilling myself.

----

Another dream about school even though Ive been out of school for six years and even that school was not like the ones I dream about.

I was walking to math class but i had not done the homework, I didnt have the textbook, and I wasnt even sure where the class was. This was a typical "4-floor building" dream, and my math class was on the 4th floor. I think someone told me my classroom was 412. However, in this dream, seemingly the classroom numbers on the fourth floor went from 100 to the 400s. And it seemed like the preschool and elementary education classes were at one end of the (very) long hallway, with the higher education classes at the other end (with the higher numbers).

I remember passing a store within the school selling children's paraphernalia. Just beyond this was a hallway that is a recurring place in my dreams, such that I dont know if it exists anywhere in real life or where it would be if it did, but shows up from time to time in buildings in my dreams. Describing it wouldnt make much sesne other than it is a h=allway with a few doors that are all closed, have blue writing on them, etc. For all I know its a flashback to when I was six years old even thiough it only seems to occur in "college" like dreams. I seem to remember oce having to go there to deliber an envelope and not being able to find the teacher i was supposed to give it to. in this dream, nobody was there at all. I kept going down the hallway and it seemed like a lot more people were with me now.

Soon I was somehow outdoors and the classroom numbers had become house numbers. Thus I was no longer looking for room 412, but rather house number 412, to get to my class. I Was embarrassed because this seemed even more difficult to find than the room numbers. i ran ahead of the others, whom i figured were all going to the same class. I hid myself behind a pine tree for some reason and waited for them to catch up. When they caught up, one of them pointed out to me where to go. A large buildign with an illuminated sign saying "HUFFINGTON" (the name of my teacher). The font of her name was vaguely similar to that of the Huffington Post, but that font is a fairly standard serif font, so that may just be a coincidence.

---------------

Also in part of this dream I was at my parents' house and my mom wouldnt let me go to the bathroom because she was draining the toilet to clean it (like a swimming pool). I was somewhat embarrased because other people were up above within earshot of her. This part of the dream doesnt seem to fit in with th rest, and may have been deu to my waking up and falling back asleep again when i realized i was just shivering because 2 of my blankets had fallen off. In fact, now that I think of it, in this same part of the dream wjere I was in my parents' house I, had three beds, all of which had extra pillows and blankets that had seemingly been duplicated from the ones I have in real life. Also, the stuffed bunnies were pushed into the corner of one of the beds, under the pillows, as if they were themselves just accessory pillows.

This dream may have been caused by my not being able to go to the bathroom in real life yesterday because a man was standing in front of the toilet in the mens room for more than 30 minutes, and i was assuming giving himself some type of drug using the bathroom for privacy. i dont know if he actually needed the toilet somehow (maybe to flusgh everything down?) or if he was just making flushing sounds to make it sound like someone was in the bathroom doing nromal stuff.
Sunàqʷa the Sea Lamprey says:

Soap
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Soap »

I had a dream that "the Locomotion" was actually just the 2nd part of some other song, sort of in the way that Queen's "We are the Champions" and "We Will Rock You" often go together. I thought Bohemian Rhapsody was part of it too but apparently not. I may be confusing the original songs with a Japanese medley of them.

-----

i had a dream Michelle Obama was running for president and people were grilling her the way they did Hillary. there had been some attack in New Hampshire and she was criticized for why she hadnt responded to it in time ... she said something I dont remember, somehow all that was left in the USA were Indonesian soldiers and "the regular army" which she said shoudlnt be used to repel an attack on US soil.

then, since this was a dream, suddenly i was on my smartphone listening to someone say Ann Telnaes "makes her strong" and i accidentally thumb-pressed something on a chart about Hillary

Pole, the
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Pole, the »

Soap wrote:i had a dream Michelle Obama was running for president and people were grilling her the way they did Hillary. there had been some attack in New Hampshire and she was criticized for why she hadnt responded to it in time ... she said something I dont remember, somehow all that was left in the USA were Indonesian soldiers and "the regular army" which she said shoudlnt be used to repel an attack on US soil.

then, since this was a dream, suddenly i was on my smartphone listening to someone say Ann Telnaes "makes her strong" and i accidentally thumb-pressed something on a chart about Hillary
Oh come on, now your dreams have become establishment agenda!
The conlanger formerly known as “the conlanger formerly known as Pole, the”.

If we don't study the mistakes of the future we're doomed to repeat them for the first time.

Soap
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Soap »

I had a 2:30pm appointment at a city tax office to pay excise tax on my car or something similarly mundane. It was about 1:30, so I figured I had time to get lunch at a local restaurant. I've been craving Chinese food, particularly pork fried rice, in real life lately, and that seems to have spread to the dream, because I was walking towards the place where a local Chinese restaurant is. Where I parked the car is a recurring place in my dreams, and where the restaurant is is just a little further down the road.

I parked my car and started walking along the sidewalk. This dream was taking place in my parents' hometown, not my own, which makes sense, as it's still my legal address, and therefore it's where I go to pay taxes like that. However, my dreams seem to take place more often in their town than mine in general, just as I sometimes still dream about school even though I've been out of school for six years.

Also typical for my dreams, I was for some reason barefoot, and I wasnt walking on the sidewalk, but on a hard stone wall that lined the road (or possibly the sidewalk). Thus my feet hurt more and more with each step. Soon I realized I had been walking for an hour and hadn't found my restaurant yet. I'm not sure if the dream literally went on for an hour, or (more likely) that my dream simply skipped ahead to 2:30 and I found myself suddenly out of time without even having gotten my lunch. I remember thinking that I was in pain only because of health problems, and that when I was younger I would have been able to walk for an hour barefoot on hard stone surfaces without any problems.

I think I may have woken up, because the next thing I remember is still being on top of the stone wall, but seeing a poster or screen or billboard (I cant remember) about a man with an IQ of 81 who had four children, one of whom had an IQ of 100. The numbers were written in the style of pool balls with (I think) the 100 being black. The poster was actually several paragraphs long, with the IQ numbers only at the bottom, but that's the only part I remember. I suspect this was a first-second daydream rather than a last-second part of the dream.

Soap
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Soap »

There was a thick snow cover on the ground, even though it was August 24, and the snow was still coming down. I remember looking at my phone and it said it was 47°F. I knew that snow could sometimes forcefully fall even when the air temperature is above freezing, but this snow was sticking the ground and was already in some places waist deep.

Standing in a stone gazebo that is part of the local university, I took a bunch of pictures of the snow with my smartphone, even though I knew a lot of other people were also taking pictures. Then two Asian women walked up to where I was standing and turned around, their backs facing me. We were separated by the gazebo's thin stone wall, which was a few feet tall.

I couldnt see over the women's shoulders to take more photos, so I had to walk around the stone wall and then stand in front of them. As is common in my dreams, I seemed to be shorter than I am in real life, and I wasnt embarrassed when I realized that I couldnt see over the women's shoulders. I resumed taking more pictures and a passerby showed me the perfect standing position from which to take a photo of the snow that also included the ocean. Having taken the perfect photo, there seemed to be nothing more of this dream.

------

I was in my apartment, preparing to move out, while a contractor assessed how much I would be forced to pay in damages for all the messes I've made. (This part is going to happen for real soon.)

But then I noticed that the fridge was at 60°F because the door was open. I seem to have been about 4 feet tall in this dream, which as above, is not uncommon for my dreams. I didnt even notice in the dream that I was smaller than everyone else; I just seemed to already know it and therefore there was nothing new to notice.

I closed the refrigerator door, but soon I noticed that the freezer door wasn't even wide enough at the bottom to cover the entire freezer, as if it were shaped something vaguely like Oklahoma. Thus, I realized the freezer food had also spoiled, and I think I remember asking a roommate if he could fix it. I was apparently being my little helpless self again, unable to fix anything but seeming to think everybody else could fix the most obviously impossible problems. I offered to pay him, but then quickly said "Well, while that would be nice of me, I'm moving out tomorrow" and then added something else I dont remember. Then my roommate told me he was moving out too, which meant that only one person was staying behind to deal with the broken refrigerator. That's all I remember of that dream.

---------

A snippet of a third dream I remember involved me being in a classroom where we were learning something important. We were all adults, I think, and our teacher was not a typical college instructor even though the class was taking place inside a college. But all I remember is passing a sheet of paper around the room from one person to the next, where we often lost track of it since we had many empty seats among us. I think I was actually standing up for most of this dream. I remember we each were asked to choose an "avatar" and handwrite it onto the paper, but the paper never got around to me.

This dream may actually have been part of one of the dreams above; perhaps I was interrupted by a brief awakening or perhaps I just don't remember the transition. All three dreams seemed to be taking place in Portland Maine, although that detail wasn't relevant to the third dream.

--------

Oh, I had a really disgusting dream that I wont even detail here, Im just mentioning it to remind myself: "pobbopwomwapa myptal tepptibaba"

Lately I seem to dream a lot about being helpless. Whether it's going blind, being unable to stand up, being underclothed, or being eight years old and four feet tall while expected to take on all the responsibilities of an able bodied adult. I dont generally put a lot of stock in the idea that dreams have meanings, but I think these dreams at least are pretty clear to me as an indicator that things arent going my way lately and that theyre not going to get any better in the foreseeable future. I dont want to come here just to post a bunch of sobby reminders so I'll slow down unless I get a dream that I think would be interesting in other ways.

Imralu
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Imralu »

I had a dream a while back that I meant to write about here but didn't get around to. Now I only remember the main stuff. Anyway, I made friends with a woman who moved a few doors down (in my street in Berlin). She had been blind since birth and had never seen. We became quite close friends and the dream kind of felt like it went on forever. In any case, she told me a story that really embarrassed her. At some point in her childhood, someone had told her as a joke that Japanese people don't have noses and she had assumed this was the truth and never questioned it until she was an adult and one day said something very weird that made everyone else go "WHAT THE FUCK?" and as she told the story, she laughed really hard and I laughed and woke myself up by laughing.

This morning, I had a dream that a kid went missing who I guess I was supposed to be in charge of, or a friend of mine was, and then I found him underwater inside a big aquarium. That wasn't a problem because he could apparently breathe under water and this didn't seem strange. Was WAS concerning was that this aquarium had one or more sea snakes in it and he was playing with one. For some reason, I could sense that the snake had the personality of a cat and was playing with him this was fine. We didn't want to startle either of them and risk a bite and everything was OK until the kid for some reason bit the snakes tail and didn't let go. The snake, of course, swung around and bit him on the mouth and in shock, he opened his mouth wide and the snake ended up suck in his throat (the scale of things gets a bit weird here), so as well as having been bitten by the snake, the kid was choking. I pulled the kid out of the water. He was now unconscious and I feared he was going to die as either situation could kill him. Someone was calling an ambulance and I tried to remove the snake from his trachea so that he could breathe. The snake suddenly lunged out and bit me and I woke up with my arms flying through the air.

I seem to wake myself up with emotions quite a lot - usually fear or sadness and waking up crying is weird, but waking yourself up by laughing is nice.
Glossing Abbreviations: COMP = comparative, C = complementiser, ACS / ICS = accessible / inaccessible, GDV = gerundive, SPEC / NSPC = specific / non-specific
________
MY MUSIC

el imiradu
Sanci
Sanci

Post by el imiradu »

I had a dream last night where i was with a girl I used to like and I asked her whether she'd like to be made entirely of cheese. Also there was a cat and it killed two dormice by bashing their heads together until nothing was left but a bloody mess.

I've spent the day wondering what it would be like if that girl was made of cheese.
Regenerated.

romanuc embilocu

din
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by din »

I dreamed I was hired by a very large, partially indoor, partially outdoor shopping mall as a maintenance manager. I had no strategy and wasted too much time listening to owners of small shops whine about small scratches on their display windows and tags on the exterior walls.

I didn't think it was an unpleasant job. During the day (that is, outside of my dream), I even considered looking up what people responsible for these tasks actually do. I haven't done so yet, however.
— o noth sidiritt Tormiott

Soap
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Soap »

din wrote:I dreamed I was hired by a very large, partially indoor, partially outdoor shopping mall as a maintenance manager.
I would enjoy that. The local mall near here tried really hard to get approval to build an outdoor wing, even though the climate here is cold and snowy much of the year. They were denied permission to expand in that way, but Im not sure who wielded the authority to tell them "no". From what I've heard, the entire concept of an indoor mall was created when people in Minnesota got sick of struggling through -20F weather to get from one shop to another and the shop owners got sick of seeing poor sales totals every time a snowstorm hit.

----------

Clinton was a brand name of computers. they looked like old school, pre-G3 beige Macintosh towers, but were PCs running Windows. They were a very establishment choice, often bought by people who didnt know much about computers. I remember thinking that it was a more familiar name than IBM, and in this dream, IBM had not stopped making PCs. People seemed to avoid making the very obvious jokes about Hillary being "the Clinton of presidents" or anything like that.

It reminds me of how there is a car company called Citroën (lemon) and its too obvious a pun to make jokes like "haha you got a LEMON lol".

It took me a few minutes after waking up to realize that this was a dream.

-----

playing an NWN2-like video game, masochistically trying to get myself killed. i picked a module called "Uganda terrorist attack" and i went in. i had no weapons or magical abilities, but despite the title, this game didnt seem to be about fighting and i was actually kind of disappointed because i had been expecting to be massacred almost immediately.

instead, it was mostly empty space, with more "machines" and scrap metal lying around than trees, and did not look like Africa or Uganda. However eventually i found a picnic table with 3 children on it, who were enjoying a feast of enough food to cover the entire table. with my character, i picked up a tiny corn kernel and ate it. and the kids were talking about eating me but seemed uninterested, as htough i didnt matter since there wasnt anything i could do to them. one of the kids had blonde hair.

unlike a lot of video game dreams i have, this one never "turned real" and put me in the role of my character; i remained myself and held onto the controller the whole time.
Last edited by Soap on Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

linguoboy
Sanno
Sanno

Post by linguoboy »

Crazy dreams all week. A couple days ago I was trying to defend myself against bouncy witches by flinging pieces of explosive candy at them, but my supply was insufficiently ample or powerful so they caught and killed me.

Imralu
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Imralu »

I dreamt that I was at a party and we were about to eat pizza and this guy started "doing the pizza dance" in his chair and another guy goes "Dude, I've got a different dance for each ingredient" and I was like "What, like this?" and I start singing and dancing in front of everyone "HAAAAAAAAAAAM AND PINAPPLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLE" with a hilarious dance that I still remember. People were like "WTF?" and the guy was like "I was joking but you're fucking hilarious!" The song is still in my head.
Glossing Abbreviations: COMP = comparative, C = complementiser, ACS / ICS = accessible / inaccessible, GDV = gerundive, SPEC / NSPC = specific / non-specific
________
MY MUSIC

Vijay
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Vijay »

I had a nightmare a few nights ago, but I think all I remember about it now is that it involved my dad getting mad at me for some reason. I think this was the night after I got upset with him when he first criticized my driving, then criticized me again when talking to my mom right in front of me for being upset with him criticizing me.

Imralu
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Imralu »

A few days ago, I dreamt that my dad had died and I was trying to work out what year he had died because I couldn't remember it clearly (I usually have that feeling in dreams when I try to remember something ... I guess it's because my brain is (A) asleep and therefore kind of dumb and (B) making shit up) ... but what I did know was that he had been found by a passer-by on a beach (in either PNG or Chile maybe? Very white sound, dark blue, almost black night-ish sky). He had evidently gone for a walk and then collapsed and died. I remember finding it weird how I couldn't remember any of the details about when it happened and I remember trying to work out my dad's age at the time it had happened, it was more or less just a dream about trying to remember an event from at least a few years before, rather than the event itself. I also remembered in the dream that I hadn't shed a single tear about my dad's death.

I woke up feeling like "Hmm, that was weird." Checked my phone to see if my dad had in fact, died. I don't believe in that kind of fate and premonition stuff but I still checked it anyway, probably mostly because it takes me a while to figure out that dreams aren't real after I wake up. Then I went back to sleep.

And then I had a dream about my cat who died years ago ... back in 2011 I think. In the dream, I was at my parents house and it was shortly after she had died and I was explaining to someone that even though our cat was still walking around, meowing and behaving as a living cat, crawling onto our laps for attention etc, that she was actually dead and that it was just residual nerve function. We were going to bury her in the garden.

I didn't really remember that when I woke up but all through the day, whenever I saw a picture of a cat, I felt weird ... and that dream was much more upsetting than the one about my dad. Talked to my counsellor about these dreams yesterday.
________
MY MUSIC

Soap
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Soap »

'-------------aug15

I am in remedial math in a "wide" classroom like that of a college. My seat is in the front row, on the far left, right near the door. The teacher is female, and all of the other students are children in the 4th and 5th grade. There might have been one boy seated to the left of me, such that I wasnt on the edge after all, but I dont remember.

Everyone seems to know I dont belong in the class, and they expect me to go through the entire semester essentially goofing off and not doing any of the schoolwork, yet acing all of the tests simply because the classwork is so far beneath my level. It may be that the real reason I was in the class was because I was doing poorly in other classes and needed something to buoy up my grade point average, but if so, I either dont remember that or it wasnt addressed in the dream.

This dream was very mundane and I remember it mostly because it is the exact opposite of the type of "out of place" dream I've had a lot of over the past few months where I am roughly 8 years old and surrounded by hostile or indifferent adults. By contrast, in this dream, I was an adult surrounded by children and i was allowed to, and even expected to, behave like a child, and I had all the advantages and privileges of adulthood with none of the responsibilities.

Since the classroom was a university-like setup, I could say that all of the kids in that class were the ones who were out of place, but I think its more likely that my brain just didnt remember what an elementary school classroom would look like.

I would analyze this dream as my subconscious admitting that I've basically lost all sense of pride and self-respect, and admitting that I dont want to have even the most minor responsibilities in my life anymore, i just want to be pampered. It's boithering me that this dream is even up here for all to see but Im going to leave it for now. i will be getting mental health help soon.

'---------aug22
a bldg in Portland ME, perh a library., has a room in it where i had been on the Internet around 4pm or so for a while. next day i go back around 5:30pm and cant get in because people are taking tests(?) it is like Career Center. From tis point i see a couple in which one of the people is deformed ... has legs that bends only a few inches above ground.

'-------aug26
my phone is only 50% charged, despite being on the charger for a long time. i pull out the other phone (HTC) which i havent used in months. it behaves as if i was using it for the first time. it asks me a lot of questions and wants me to set up a profile, which i do. i at first want to use a photo I had taken on Aug 14 for myself but instead i agree to let it take a picture of me, where i am sticking out my tongue. this photo for some reason is placed on a background including lots of women, and i seem to be stuck between the legs of one woman. then it asks me a bunch of other questions including religion. i write some comment and move on. later it seems to have interpreted my answer as saying that I was Jewish, which i take to be an OCR-type error, as my marks did not overlap with the area for Judaism. after ignoring questions about Judaism for a few pages it says on the last page "Most people use this space to write something about how their Jewish identity affects their life" and i realize the program made a mistake., somehow my answers were in pen.

The phone seems to have changed shape and size during this time, and so did my other phone. i did use the other phone during this time, and it had become a tablet-size thing. i was swiping back and forth instead of using a pen, on this phone, but i didnt do much other than move a few icons around and change the number of icons on the screen.

Soap
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Soap »

I lived in a very large and luxurious home, and had two beds. The home was right on the water, and for some reason we flooded parts of it seasonally, such that ocean water was coming right into my bedroom (though this bedroom was also somewhat of a front porch type setup, such that it was partly indoors and partly outdoors). Also in this dream, just outside, a shampoo company (probably Pantene) was attempting to get a man and a woman to complete intercourse entirely while in the water. A dolphin approached them as they were mating and the magazine writeup made a sarcastic comment such as "The cetacean interloper was worried about being invaded by a sudden human population explosion" but apparerntly the humans were able to complete their attempt succssfully. However, it seems that they were not truly floating, but just resting in a sitting possition in a shallow area of the ocean. This was apparently taking place off the coast of Greece and the couple was Greek. Im not sure if this contradicts my earlier saying that they were outside my room or not; I could have been also in Greece in this dream. The photography for this event was done entirely "in white", to match the shampoo bottles that the company produced. This is why I think the company was Pantene. Essentially, the people and everything around them looked as if they were sculpted from soft white soap.

Somewhere in this dream i saw bumper stickers for the University of South Florida and several others stuck to my bedroom wall. There was a vague feeling of leaving behind, in that I knew I was going to soon have to leave my luxurious home, but I was for the time being enjoying it and didnt seem to worry that my future hom e wouldf be much smaller.

-----sep10
All of Eastern Europe had 1 language and dialects didnt follow national borders. People were upset because modern communications media were causing words that were obscene in just one of the many dialects to become taboo in all of the others as well. The language was written with the Roman amplahbet.

-----sep14
potential boyfriend sent me >100 messages all at once on my phone, including pictures, which when put together formed a video which i could watch by putting my phone on slideshow mode. but, although i was impressed, a lot of it was text and it overwhelmed me

Pogostick Man
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Pogostick Man »

I was getting married to a girl I crushed on in high school. I was not informed that the entertainment at the reception was going to be magicians, lots and lots of magicians, including Penn & Teller. I got fed up and went to leave. In an attempt to get me to stay, Penn & Teller began destroying plates by throwing knives at them very rapidly. I was finally told they were there for our entertainment and I relaxed.

Then some weird stuff that I can only describe as Sesame Street meets Animorphs meets '90s Nickelodeon happened.
(Avatar via Happy Wheels Wiki)
Index Diachronica PDF v.10.2
Conworld megathread

AVDIO · VIDEO · DISCO

Pole, the
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Pole, the »

I was working for some company and was trying to make some photos incriminating them and post it on Twitter. Then a former university colleague of mine turned out to be a former worker there and the company used some subliminal or supernatural stuff.

If we don't study the mistakes of the future we're doomed to repeat them for the first time.

Soap
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Soap »

I was driving to work on the highway. I saw a police car. I knew that police were buying up old vehicles of carpenters, etc, in the rationale that speeders & DUI's will ignore those vehicles since they dont look like potential traffic cops.

But I was having a hard time driving, and pulled over to the side, only to pull back into the road a few seconds later and nearly rear-end somebody. But even so, I got off at the next exit. I seemed to be hallucinating now, with a loud song with a chorus ending in "Ben GI-ant and BUN-ja-min BOOM!" (sic) playing in my head.

Suddenly a heavy rainstorm/hailstorm came out of nowhere as I was driving downhill on the exit and messed over my windshield, such that I couldnt even see. The exit ramp seemed to consist of a very sharp curve (similar to exit 6B on Rt 295 in Portland Maine, but with the addition of a steep downhill grade.) I figured the rainstorm was also a hallucination and as I veered off the road I realized what was happening was impossible and I woke up.

Pole, the
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Pole, the »

By the way, this thread gets a whole lot more interesting if you read a new post *not* realizing it's the "dream thread". :P

alynnidalar
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by alynnidalar »

I've had very vivid, strange dreams lately, but unfortunately, I can't remember any of them. It's probably because I've been reading right before I go to bed, the past few weeks, so it sticks with me. I just remember they're incredibly weird.

I really need to start writing them down when I wake up! Probably good story fodder in there.
I generally forget to say, so if it's relevant and I don't mention it--I'm from Southern Michigan and speak Inland North American English. Yes, I have the Northern Cities Vowel Shift; no, I don't have the cot-caught merger; and it is called pop.

Soap
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Soap »

Sep 27

I was sleeping a very large room with many windows. I'd say it was probably at least fifty feet long, maybe even 100 feet. It was an enclosed "balcony" in the sense that there was no other room underneath me, yet my room itself was enclosed. I opened all of the windows, as it was cold & rainy out and I wanted to lower the temperature in my room as much as possible (I like cold weather). It didnt bother me that cold rainwater was getting into my room.

Towards the end of the dream I decided to get something to eat. Apparently my room was now attached to a staircase at both ends, and at the bottom of the staircase was a cafeteria. As I walked down, the building looked quite like a university, which is common in my dreams, and my bedroom seemed not to border the outdoors after all, though I think perhaps that is just because my brain realized that if it did, the cafeteria I was walking into would have to also be outside (since my bedroom in the beginning of the dream had windows to the outdoors on three sides, any staircase leading out of it from the right or left would have to also be outdoors). I began to think about the Okinawan language and how it seems too close to standard Japanese to have split off befotre 700 AD as is apparently claimed. Then I seemed to wake up.

This is another "my bedroom is Heaven" dream (Pabappa pappopiba papip pisa). In real life, my boyfriend has just dumped me and I had a lot of wine yesterday to make myself feel better, such that I actually ran out of wine, which I very rarely do. Also my car broke down, in very nearly the same spot that I dreamt I was in the previous dream I posted here. I would analyze this dream as my brain telling me, whether it's true or not, that the simplest pleasures (bed and nice weather) are those most easily obtained by staying at home.

---------
Oct 6

The song "Caribbean Amphibian" from Sesame Street turned out to just be a children's euphemistic version of a less light-hearted original. In the first verse, everything was OK, although the "sometimes he lives in the water, sometimes he lives on the land" had a hidden meaning about art styles ... the two rules of art, of which one is only rarely violated, the other is often so (see how the frog only names islands, never seas, i guess?)

More importantly, though, the instrumental section of the Sesame Street clip was hiding a verse that sounded more like a spoken word than a song. Beginning with "Fa. Fe. Fu. Fo." a deep voice promoted violence against t he nation's leaders (Jamaica?) I dont remember the important parts of the verse, except that "cockroach" was in the lyrics. I may have been unable to understand the lyrics even in the dream just as I am not able to understand the lyrics of La Cucaracha even with my miodesst knowledge of Spanish.

Soap
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Soap »

At the school I go to, I was on the 4th floor. I was wearing yellow jogging shorts and a black tank top.

2 other men were with me. Apparently the school had replaced all doors to enter new floors with gates, and i needed to pay to get in like a tollbooth.

I didn't know how to get in ... There were several types of gates. 1 other man showed me how .....paid some of his own money to come in. The enormous gate slowly lifted up..... it was several layers of doors of metal, at least four feet thick. A huge white robot was lifting them up from its position quite a ways back from me in the hallway. I dont remember if it had very long arms or if it was using a remote control technology.

Then the robot started towards me. I said very loudly "OH COME ON!!! YOU WON'T EVEN LET ME IN YET??!!" The robot took up the entire width of the hallway so I couldn't squeeze by even if I wasnt worried about being crushed by the metal of the doors or the robot itself. So I had to back out. . I wanted to pee on the robot to short-circuit it, figuring it was my only physical defense against such a gigantic robot. That's why people wet their pants when they're afraid, right?

sorry for the rambling structure, this was full of typos because i cant see well when I just wake up in the morning. i just had to go to the bathroom and have some coffee before i could see

9450 move foppa

Pole, the
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Pole, the »

I had a dream about being in a Polish sauna. It didn't look anything like sauna, and people were clothed there.

Pole, the
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Pole, the »

I had a dream about some weird anime-like show, about two feminine supernatural beings overseeing a little girl and her toys, investigating the source of the girl's sadness and then fighting the authority of the beings' realm, which turned out to be a bad, abusive ruler.
(At an earlier point of the dream it was actually not a show but a game, one that had two paths to complete. I was one of the beings and IIRC at first I followed the "stay with the little girl" path, then I switched to the investigative / action game path.)

It ended with a flashback. It was the little girl's family garden and there were many flags left, some laying on the ground. Then someone put a fire and the flags burned, with an exception of one flag staying intact.

Soap
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Soap »

A young boy was singing a children's song containing the lyrics "kick the coconut down the street". It may have been "keep the coconut down the stream" and I tried to interpret it more sensibly in the dream. This was actually just the end of a dream, the rest of which I dont remember. There were lots of other children around. His voice was very high pitched, more so than a normal child's, which makes me wonder now if children's voices change pitch even before adolescence, since I think a toddler's voice sounds different than, say, a 10 year old's.

-------

A man was arguing against a bunch of other humans that people needed to take action against a species of creeping grass that was taking over their lawns and even climbing up buildings ... it may have been part vine, part grass, like kudzu. He was wearing a tank top and short shorts, like I usually do when it's warm. The room he was in had white walls and there were no computers or other modern objects present.

The man specifically said that it was nature that was hurting them, not the grass, so when nobody seemed to agree with him, he said "Nature is red in tooth and claw". Then a giant black cougar pounced on him and ripped him open.

Lately I have been having trouble sleeping, and I think that the very end of this dream might have been a first-second moment of wakefulness, as my brain said "wouldnt THAT have been ironic, eh?" rather than part of the dream. The previous dream I linked to is very uncharacteristic for me, as I do not generally have dreams featuring talking animals, so it's possible that I've subconsciously held on to the "giant black cougar" as a comedy staple for my dreams despite basically never thinking about it while I'm awake.

----------

Edans Alexander Poe was the name of a poet who lived in Mexico, a contemporary of the better known Edgar Allan Poe. I was trying to find on Wikipedia if they were related. Apparently, Edans's ancestry had been traced all the way to the 9th century in England, and it was found that his ancestors had falsely adopted that surname, but I woke up before I found out whether Edgar also belonged to that same family which had adopted the name.