The dream thread

Discussions worth keeping around later.
Torco
Smeric
Smeric

The dream thread

Post by Torco »

Tell us about what you dreamt last night! and how did it make you feel ?

So I had a dream last night, and this is weird... I very rarely remember dreams: I was in high school [but was my current 24-year old self, physically at least] and there were these japanese exchange students. Two girls and a dude. So I told the dude if he wanted to have a hotdog or something, and eventually tells me 'boy's room, two minutes'. I apologize for the misunderstanding, and tell him I don't swing that way [yeah, in english, weird]. So I go to greet the other two exchange girls and, like often, I put my hand in one of the chick's waist [we chileans greet each other with a kiss in the cheek] and she like really really blushes. we go make out somewhere and then I find an old friend who stopped being my friend because I was shity to her. I apologize and we hug and it felt really really nice. Finally, I think me, my friend, and the three exchange students were drinking beers sitting on a pickup truck's rear [trunk-thing, whatever] and I woke. the dream felt warm and fuzzy.

your turn.

Pthagnar
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Pthagnar »

this is for blogs
nobody except you likes to read about your dreams

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

Pthug wrote:this is for blogs
nobody except you likes to read about your dreams
I dunno... there's venting threads and the such. maybe it will pick up.

Pthagnar
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Pthagnar »

people who are pissed off about something are pissed off at the time of writing and, presumably, afterwards, allowing conversation. if they were things that people were pissed off about ages ago and it doesn't really make sense and all the context has been forgotten, then you see why it might not be such a, "hit".

Nortaneous
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Nortaneous »

I was on a boat, except I think it was also a school or something and it looked like it was run by a mad scientist. Machines everywhere in the basement and such. There were a few other people on the boat, including some girl who I kept flirting with. So we wandered around the boat for a while and then I had to go kill some shit and break the machines.

Actually, this is pretty much how all my dreams go, except it's usually not a boat (one time I think it was supposed to be a museum), although it almost always ends up having some part with the layout of my high school, and sometimes it's some other guy who's trying to kill shit and I have to make sure the fucker doesn't get me.
Siöö jandeng raiglin zåbei tandiüłåd;
nää džunnfin kukuch vklaivei sivei tåd.
Chei. Chei. Chei. Chei. Chei. Chei. Chei.

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

flirting, killing, school? xD awesome

Shm Jay
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Shm Jay »

I dreamt I chewed my nose.

Shm Jay
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Shm Jay »

Oh, tonight I dreamt I was on campus (university) and next to some Protestant/Evangelical chapel-thing. I know it was Protestant because they had these little signs saying "If you're Baptist, line up here", "If you're Presbyterian, line up here", "If you're Anglican, line up here", "If you're Catholic, find somewhere else to worship". But next door was a church [Catholic], so you didn't have far to go. However, I saw it was noon, and felt guilty about not having been to Mass lately, so I ran across the church square to the university library, thinking I could hide at work. But when I went into the building, it wasn't my university's library, but some other university's library.

Astraios
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Astraios »

I was in prehistory, although I wasn't human (because I had sharp teeth and night-vision), climbing a hill at night with my tribe. When we got to the top, we sat down, and I counted everyone out to make sure no one had gone missing. Looking back down the hill to the lake in the valley, I could see some bright white lights rushing about on the ground, and could hear people shouting in a foreign language. Then a bigger light came on, and flew up into the air making an engine noise, and we ran down the other side of the hill as fast as we could, into the forest. The light caught up with us just as we entered the trees, but it didn't follow us because the trees were too thick.

The forest was all California Redwood-type gigantic trees, and it was very frightening. We stopped running, and crept forwards, each holding the hand of the person in front, and I was leading the way. We found a tree with a hole in it, and climbed in it to hide until the engine died away, and then someone looked back at the hill through a gap in the trees, and saw the little white lights again, coming down the hill towards us. There were some dogs barking as well, and we all fled eastward, following me. We ran until dawn, and then we were at the other side of the forest, where the long-grass plains started, and the last image I had was of me standing still, counting my people past me as they went into the plains.

It was awesome. I did wish that I could have finished counting my people, though - I didn't ever find out if we'd all made it out of the forest. I seem to have a lot of dreams about running away, but they aren't often as exciting as that one.

alice
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by alice »

Don't get me started on dreams. Mine would make Freud's head explode.
Zompist's Markov generator wrote:it was labelled" orange marmalade," but that is unutterably hideous.

catberry
Sanci
Sanci

Post by catberry »

I once had a dream that English stole its conjunctions from Sami and we had to give them back or it would die.
You killed yourself. By waving a scientist around.
-is female-

Lyhoko Leaci
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Lyhoko Leaci »

One dream I had recently I was driving around, attracted the attention of the cops at one point, and then drove off down a winding road at the bottom of a canyon, making turns that no normal car could make, often going up on one or two wheels. Then after I got out of the canyon my car started flying, but the cop cars also started flying, so I flew though a couple of wormholes that appeared, after which I finally lost them. I transported down to the ground out of my car, which then shifted into what looked like the frame of a starship. Down on the ground, from my hiding place, I watched the cops chasing another car, then the starship took off towards orbit, with the flying cops chasing it, trying to shoot it down, but apparently failing. Next thing I know (transporter again?) I'm looking out the window of what appears to be a school, standing between a filing cabinet and a table. Somehow I got turned into a girl, but nothing else had changed then the table got bumped or something and pushed me into the cabinet, then I woke up.

Another dream I was flying on what seemed to be an invisible broomstick around my hometown, then an evil version of Dumbledore shows up, and tries to do... something. I fly away with two other people, staying low to the ground so Dumbledore can't see us over the buildings, and end up flying down a side street towards an open field. Suddenly, I get blasted off of the broom from someone who is apparently trying to dig a hole in the street with explosives. I fly over the fence surrounding the field, and land in said field. I help the other two people with me under the fence, see that one of them is Yuki Nagato, and we crawl over to a nearby forest. I never did get to see who the other person was, or if we managed to get away from Dumbledore.
Zain pazitovcor, sio? Sio, tovcor.
You can't read that, right? Yes, it says that.
Shinali Sishi wrote:"Have I spoken unclearly? I meant electric catfish not electric onions."

alice
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by alice »

I had several dreams last night, only one of which I can remember: I was on holiday with various family members, and for some reason gsandi (yes, that gsandi) was driving. He had trouble with the brakes (it was a big heavy car), and when trying to park he couldn't stop quickly enough to avoid gently nudging a coach in front. It hadn't been parked properly and began to roll away down the hill...
Zompist's Markov generator wrote:it was labelled" orange marmalade," but that is unutterably hideous.

eodrakken
Lebom
Lebom

Post by eodrakken »

I greatly doubt any blog readers want to hear about anybody's dreams either.

I dreamed that there was a tandem bicycle abandoned on the sidewalk. I decided to take it, but then after a while of riding it, I thought maybe I should have turned it in to the police. Then as I was riding down the bike path in the city I lived in as a kid, some guy over on the grass started chucking tennis balls at me. It freaked me out, so I rode really fast and unsafely over to my old house, almost getting hit by cars several times. When I got to the house it was unlocked, which struck me as bizarre and disturbing. Then I woke up, which is usually what happens if a dream takes a worrying turn (long ago I taught myself to wake up from nightmares and it stuck well).

Shm Jay
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Shm Jay »

I was an exchange student staying with a German family. I was having dinner with them and asked for ein Kartoffel.

Astraios
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Astraios »

Shm Jay wrote:I was an exchange student staying with a German family. I was having dinner with them and asked for ein Kartoffel.
Only ein? :? Not much of a dinner, if you ask me.

Shm Jay
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Shm Jay »

Well, that's because their daughter took all die Kartoffeln and I only had ein auf meiner Teller :) (I hope I said "one on my plate").

LinguistCat
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by LinguistCat »

I had a dream that I had to fight alligators, in order to get a certain chemical that one of their organs made, in order to make a "real" German chocolate cake.
The stars are an ocean. Your breasts, are also an ocean.

goneriku
Sanci
Sanci

Post by goneriku »

My nightmares usually involve me running, mostly from the police or something (go figure :roll: ), but my legs won't work. They feel heavy as logs and I get terrified because I can't run away.

Viktor77
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Viktor77 »

I've been having an unusual number of dreams involving Buffy characters as of late...maybe I ought to stop watching Buffy episodes so late at night...? :|
Falgwian and Falgwia!!

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

Astraios
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Astraios »

Shm Jay wrote:Well, that's because their daughter took all die Kartoffeln and I only had ein auf meiner Teller :) (I hope I said "one on my plate").
The greedy Kuh! :o

Soap
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Soap »

I dreamt I visited the oldest restaurant in the state ... it was built by "the Indians" in the early 1600s (I know, I know, impossible and kind of stereotype-y) and had been passed down the generations. The food was good, but apparently the family was running out of money. I may have been conflating the experiences of the Kōngō construction company in Japan (which was in business for 1300 years) with a restuarant that's almost as old.
Sunàqʷa the Sea Lamprey says:

Colonel Cathcart
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Colonel Cathcart »

I was at some kind of high society party in this really swanky loft, which was itself an enormous glass elevator. There was a conversation about politics, and for the life of me I couldn't remember the name of Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX). It was right on the tip of my tongue, but I just couldn't spit it out. I went into the kitchen to fix myself a martini, and I noticed I had some loose teeth. They started falling out, and all I could think of was how embarrassed I'd be if the hostess caught me spitting teeth in her sink.

That's pretty much how all my dreams go. Riding in elevators and losing teeth.
kuiva ja pölyinen

Soap
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Soap »

I dreamt I signed up for a Korean class, and the teacher was a woman who was teaching us each letter by itself (and they actually looked more like kana than whatever the Eunmoon letters are called). She wasnt terrible, but I got the impression that she wasnt teaching the class in the most efficient way. I was so intimidated that I got a new backpack just for my Korean books, not wanting to allow myself to be distracted even by other classes. I walked home through the woods (my town has lots of hiking trails, so this part of the dream is actually not that crazy).

This same dream involved a rich guy who went around giving people $1000 a day, because although he was exrtemely rich he was also childless and needed his father to keep his business running, and his father was nearing 90, and he knew that the family business wasnt going to be bringing in money for much longer. Kind of reminds me of my last dream.
Last edited by Soap on Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sunàqʷa the Sea Lamprey says:

the duke of nuke
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by the duke of nuke »

I had a dream that I was in a car with my father driving through a big valley. The whole thing was also a video game - it had something of the Final Fantasy about it. Anyway, it was dark and there were huge structures like boat lifts being moved along the river by huge things resembling American trucks. I think I battled someone in a video-game-y way. Then it was light and we drove over a bit of road closely resembling Stealth at Thorpe Park, but my father was driving too fast and we came of the road. It was in an open conifer forest, and we hit a tree at about 80mph and I woke up.

That is one of my more sensible dreams. I have a strong recollection of one from when I was in primary school in which I was eaten by a gigantic thistle.
XinuX wrote:I learned this language, but then I sneezed and now am in prison for high treason. 0/10 would not speak again.