The dream thread

Discussions worth keeping around later.
rotting bones
Avisaru
Avisaru

Re: The dream thread

Post by rotting bones »

Dreams are about combining things your waking mind knows better than to associate.
If you hold a cat by the tail you learn things you cannot learn any other way. - Mark Twain

In reality, our greatest blessings come to us by way of madness, which indeed is a divine gift. - Socrates

Soap
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Soap »

I was having some sort of medical procedure at the local hospital. After going through several steps of preparation in other rooms, a nurse brought me into a familiar room (I'd been in it in real life) and told me to wait there for the procedure itself. I asked her if it would take about 3 hours, and she said no, it only takes a half hour, but that I'd be waiting 53 minutes (each of us had a desk with a timer on it showing when our turn would be). A few minutes later I started eating Starburst candies, but then said out loud "Oh wait, can we eat?" and then spit out most of them and then cleaned up the mess. I dont think anyone answered me.
Sunàqʷa the Sea Lamprey says:

Ryusenshi
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Ryusenshi »

I had a very weird dream last night.

I was with a group in a bungalow, in the middle of a jungle. There was some sort of war going on. There was a guy who was basically Kenshirô from Fist of the North Star (same looks, same techniques) but with another name. Then we went to our rooms. There were some weird-looking snails in each room. I vaguely remember a voice, as in a documentary: "Little did I know the actual purpose of those snails, who could produce basically anything". Indeed, they seemed to produce (excrete?) some white substance that we could eat, somewhat like whipped cream; and they produced enormous volumes of it, far more than their size.

In the middle of the night, a fight broke out: apparently, our hosts had betrayed us. At this point, my dream switched from silliness to grim realism. Our group originally had seven people: four men (including myself, but the Kenshirô guy had vanished) and three women. By the time we could regroup, one man and two women had been killed. We took out our guns, which were 1911 Colts (I have never fired a gun in real life). I pointed my gun at a bad guy's forehead, threatening to kill him unless he gave me some information; I even put my finger on the trigger. Bad idea: the gun went off, killing him. I thought "Shit!", as I didn't really want to kill him. At least, another bad guy immediately gave us the information we wanted. Afterwards, I was very careful to keep my finger off the trigger until I was ready to shoot, as the safety rule goes. Still firing a few shots to keep the baddies away, the group went upstairs... and that's when I woke up.

Soap
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Soap »

Lac à l'Eau Claire was, ironically, North America's only colored lake. The color was achieved by planting tulips and other colorful flowers just below the water's surface, and piling up soil underneath them so that they could grow there. Thus, all of the colored areas of the lake were just a few inches deep. The name of the lake was spelled out with flowers that took up about 1/4 of the area of the lake, and was nearer to the shore from which the letters were right-side up, but could still be seen from the other side of the lake.

Most of the letters were written in yellow or red, but there were also orange, green, and blue areas of the lake. The colors were divided into discrete sections like stained glass in that even the open areas of the lake had different colors rather than just being blue or green everywhere. I think the blue and green areas may have both been deep water rather than relying on the flowers, since other plants could produce those colors.

It didnt occur to me until I woke up that tulips can't grow underwater, although there are some flowers that can, such as lilypads, so this dream isn't entirely impossible. Also, the real Lac à l'Eau Claire is in Quebec, but this one was in Wisconsin, probably bordering the city of Eau Claire.

alice
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by alice »

I dreamed that I met my grandmother, even though she died two and half years ago, and asked why she was there when I could clearly remember being at her funeral and burying her (*). Now this is the third time I've had this dream, and this time I remembered the previous dreams but thought "Bloody hell, it's for real this time".

(*) In actual fact I scattered her ashes near where she lived. I must have been confused.
Zompist's Markov generator wrote:it was labelled" orange marmalade," but that is unutterably hideous.

rotting bones
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by rotting bones »

I cheated a bit to quickly recreate my dream vision before I could forget what I was doing:

If I make a proper version, I will keep it as a wallpaper.
If you hold a cat by the tail you learn things you cannot learn any other way. - Mark Twain

In reality, our greatest blessings come to us by way of madness, which indeed is a divine gift. - Socrates

Soap
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Soap »

That's awesome. Thank you for posting that. It took me a minute to figure out where the numbers came from, since having none of the numbers appear twice made it look at first like a children's puzzle. Does anyone know if that type of graph has a name?

----------

In a dream I remember from a few days ago I discovered that "eat sleep leave" can swap out the onsets of the three words and still have valid words. e.g. "sleet leap eave" or "leet eep sleeve", so long as you consider "eep" a word ("leet" is more secure, having multiple definitions even aside from the abbreviation for "elite"). This could also be phrased as changing the codas, since it would end up with the exact same words, but in the dream I was only thinking about moving the onsets, possibly thinking about https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spoonerism .

rotting bones
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by rotting bones »

Soap wrote:That's awesome. Thank you for posting that.
Glad you liked it.
Soap wrote:Does anyone know if that type of graph has a name?
I would also like to know the answer to this question.
Soap wrote:In a dream I remember from a few days ago I discovered that "eat sleep leave" can swap out the onsets of the three words and still have valid words. e.g. "sleet leap eave" or "leet eep sleeve", so long as you consider "eep" a word ("leet" is more secure, having multiple definitions even aside from the abbreviation for "elite"). This could also be phrased as changing the codas, since it would end up with the exact same words, but in the dream I was only thinking about moving the onsets, possibly thinking about https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spoonerism .
:)

Pole, the
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Pole, the »

rotting bones wrote:I cheated a bit to quickly recreate my dream vision before I could forget what I was doing:

https://i.imgur.com/bzhXByS.jpg

If I make a proper version, I will keep it as a wallpaper.
Wow, a complete Venn diagram for five sets? I've known how to do one for four sets, but this one's even more awesome.

Edit: it looks like Venn diagrams are by definition complete and what most people call Venn diagrams are in fact Euler diagrams.

Edit edit: this one is specifically Grunbaum's Venn diagram.
The conlanger formerly known as “the conlanger formerly known as Pole, the”.

If we don't study the mistakes of the future we're doomed to repeat them for the first time.

Soap
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Soap »

In two separate dreams, I dreamt that my clothes had been taken away from me and then that my toilet had. In both cases that was due indirectly to my parents' actions ... in the first dream my dad had for some reason taken all my clothes in one car while I traveled in another, and he was upset and didnt want to even talk to me when I called to complain. In the second dream it wasnt clear what had happened, but perhaps my mother had for some reason decided to remodel my bathroom and then stopped halfway through. In both cases, these events were just small details in the dreams, and both dreams otherwise played out the way my dreams typically do.

THis may be a return to the helplessness dreams I had in early 2016, although I'd say so far the situations in my recent dreams are not as dire as they had been in the dreams in 2016. This reflects my recent fear that Im losing control over my life again and dont know how basic needs will be met in the long term.

Ryusenshi
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Ryusenshi »

I was teaching in a high school, that didn't look like any high school I've actually been to. One of my students was making a weird, convoluted experiment involving an alkali metal in front of the school director (a woman). Then everything went wrong, and the ceiling caught fire.

rotting bones
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by rotting bones »

Pole, the wrote:Wow, a complete Venn diagram for five sets? I've known how to do one for four sets, but this one's even more awesome.

Edit: it looks like Venn diagrams are by definition complete and what most people call Venn diagrams are in fact Euler diagrams.

Edit edit: this one is specifically Grunbaum's Venn diagram.
Thanks. The Wikipedia article links to this paper showing that symmetric Venn diagrams are only possible for prime numbers of sets: http://www.ams.org/notices/200611/fea-wagon.pdf Has there been a newer one after this one? https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn ... n-diagram/ Too bad I can't yet visualize any of the ones above five in my head.

PS. Mini-vent: I understand they have a teaching role, but I can't get over how mainstream Venn diagrams use those ugly letters and operators that mask the elegance of the underlying binary encoding. (Very specifically, you could call what I was looking for a "Grunbaum Johnston diagram". I don't know how standard it is to call these things Johnston diagrams.)

Soap
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Soap »

It was midnight, so I was bein g made to leave the large, mall-like building in which I had been spending my time. All the stores turned off their lights simultanoeusly, except for a few that apparently didnt mind spenmding the extra money to advertise their presence even when they were not open.

My car was in a parking garage. The car looked a bit like a cross between a golf cart and a high-chair, b ut that didnt seem to be a problem as I opened the lid, put in the key, and turned it on. I had been in the car at least once earlier in this dream, but I dont remember where I had been coming from.

A short man named Kevin was in the garage at the lowest level and he saw me as I began to leave. For some reason I drove up a chute instead of a normal road, and that chute was made of metal and was a little wider than my car.

But after a while of driving up the chute, I seem tyo have hit a point where it was too narrow to continue. I got out of the car and crawled upwards on my hands and knees. I didnt seem to br worried about the car, as if I was just looking for a different path up the chute. But after a minute or so of crawling I slipped and my feet caught in an area of the chute where the metal sides came together .... not part of the path to the top. Up above me, the metal sides also began to close in on each other. Trying to struggle free of the trap, I dropped the keys. I realized I couldn't breathe.

-----
Sep 21, 2017

I had been awarded six $100 gift certificates to a restaurant I liked. I dont remember much of the dream, but Im posting it here because I dont want to just leave the last dream as it is.
-----
Sep 22, 2017
My left front tooth had fallen out, as the connection ith ad t the gums had worn out. This was part of a longer but I dont ream member the rest.

---
Sep 24
I actually had four distinct dreams last night, but I only can remember 1 of them in detail. The first of the four involved me getting $660 ... and no, this isnt a repeat of the last dream ... this time the money was cash instead of gift certificates and I had legitimately earned it somehow instead of being awarded it just out of generosity and luck. I remember waking up and wanting to write down the dream, but I was too sleepy to even pick up the cellphone to use the voice recorded. I remember repeating the details of the dream to myself, figuring that'd be enough to remember it alter, but it wasnt. I think the first dream may have actually been a dream-in-dream, and the 2nd dream was the outer dream of the 1st dream, so perhaps it's really just 3 dreams.

What follows is about the 3rd or possibly 4th dream;

It was 10:50 pm on the lsadt day of school and I need to leave. there were 3 other people, all female, coming to get me so we could babble together on t same bus(?)_ In one corner room there was something I wanted to get, but the corner of that corner room was blocked off by thorn plants. i had already got 2 bee sting wounds and did not want cuts up and down my arms and legs too so i pushed a chair and then leaned over. i think i may have nbeem just trying to water a plant.

In another room I have some of my belonging. in this room there is music playing. i try to write a smiley favce on the chalkboard several times but it doesnt work. However, just then, Walkin' in the Park comes on, which is a song I had slipped into the mix anonymously long earlier and nobody ever found out., that makes me happy and ib begin to prepare to leave.

i think there was one more thing i wanted to do ... go ot refrigerator room to get something to take with me ... and i unpacked things from the brifhe to get what i wanted and forgot to put them back, but i soon realized the mistake and still had time to get them back in before they spoiled .... but that may have been a different dream that was in the same or similar building.

Soap
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Soap »

Of the 2 computers I had, one was much newer than the other. The newer computer ran Win7 and had 4 hard drive partitions. I formatted the empty partition and installed OS/2, whch in the dream had some sort of feminine sounding name I cant quite remember. I dont think I ever called it OS/2 in the dream, but I knew what it was.

I soon realized that installing OS/2 was a mistake, and tried to get rid it. Parts of this dream took place in a large building with "lab class" style seating and where other people were present with me, but we didnt communicate much with each other. I remember being spwawled out over about 2 seats on each side of a 10-seat table (5x2), and that ther ewere other people there with me, but I wasnt in their way and they werent in mine/

It seemed that I couldnt get rid of "OS/2", so I gave up for the time being, figuring I'd solve the problem eeventually. Dual booying was not possible because OS/2 appeared immediately after the computer booted and did not respond to me holding down the Esc key.

OS/2 came with bundles of free software. Taskbar was 4 layers deep and even with that, all of the applications were just icons, no text. One of the things it came with was Visual Basic 8.0, which I thought was great until I rewalized that that belonged to an older namin series and came out in the 90s. It was so olf fashioned that when I closed it, it disappred into a command prompt. The name "Andy" seemed to appear a lot throughout the OS, and there was a game involving s character named ANdy who appeared on the screen and clung to dialog boxes etc as if they were video game furniture.

My last hope was to see if I could at least read the partitions of the Windows installation, since those had files on them .... including my conlang dictionaries, which has become my main hobby lately .... but it couldnt seem to read them, nor could the other computer read the partitions of the newer computer, neither the hidden windows ones nor the active OS/2 one.

Still a pleasant dream, though, all in all.

Io
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Io »

I dreamed last night I was at the office and the phone of one of my colleagues was broken and he was asking around how to fix it. Today I saw him at work (he's a shift worker so I don't see him often) and I asked him if he ever backs up his phone, he said "no, I never do that", I thought of telling him of my dream but there were other people around us and I was afraid that might cause an awkward situation.

Pogostick Man
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Pogostick Man »

I think that last night/this morning, I legitimately dreamed about Saudi Arabia legalizing driving for women.
(Avatar via Happy Wheels Wiki)
Index Diachronica PDF v.10.2
Conworld megathread

AVDIO · VIDEO · DISCO

Soap
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Soap »

Somebody here may have dreamt of Steven Pinker and Noam Chomsky recently, since I sometimes use Google search instead of bookmarks to get here and the link that showed up for the dream thread had a built-in query string of "Pinker+Chomsky". Although now that I use the internal search, it seems to be a dream from six years ago.
----------------------
I was in a mall, and there were two stores owned by a company named Jennifer. One was a bookstore selling eclectic, new-age books. And the other was a jewelry store.

Toys R Us was near or attached to this mall, and it was closing. Saw someone there who wasnt as upset as me. He had his Great Falls marketing job lined up. I was in there looking for girls' shorts, didnt find anything, then looked at women's shorts, and found him.

It turned out they were closing because of Trump's immigration ban, and they had been relying on immigrant labor. Other stores were closing too. I talked to someone who'd been working a 4am job, but mostly the others were Mexicans. Toys R Us said they needed people to work that shift or theyd close down. But apparently the immigration authority found a man who was willing to do the job .... ("My neighbor!" , said the man in a very angry voice.) Thus, because of this man, Toys R Us was not able to claim that they needed the immigrants to stay open, and were forced to close. Thus a potential new hire perversely caused the firing of dozens of other people, and still did not get the job himself.

-------------------
I was going back to work even though i was limited to 2 dy/wk. but the schedule was day by day. Səl (code name) was the boss. i had worked ~10hrs, was supposed to work 8, wanted to stay more. pharmacy was out. all people were "dismissed" at 5pm, to my surprise. the time i wanted to stay until was later than that. i had bought a grape soda 2L bottle.

-----------------
i was a senior, and the school year had been shortened to 3mo. "thanks for the best school year ever!' I smiled as a teacher also smiled. i began gathering my things from the classroom in order to move out. i had been using the bathroom in there too. but mostly it was bedsheets etc. there were 2 packages of skittles under there, both expired, one i decided was edible and the other i gave to the teacher to throw out. but she said it was fine even though it had expired in 2012. i remember not being sure was year it was and had to think (nov 2017). both packages of Skittles were of nonexistent flavors; one was light blue & the other i dont remember.

outside the room, there were so many students moving out that they had formed a chain covering all 4 floors and i had to trust them all by handing my belongings to them 1 by 1. apptly most other people there had had someone else with them who could load the car, etc.

Soap
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Soap »

I was in a classroom, with chairs that had been donated by Loyola University, whose legs were shaped like capital L's and were not sturdy enough to reliably sit on. Several of the chairs had already collapsed, but we seemed to have some chairs with normal shapes also available.

There was a woman who had learned Chinese, German, and Russian, but doesnt remember much of any of them. She had Alzheimer's and talked a lot. This classroom was somehow inside a warehouse, which seems to be very common in my dreams. She might have been Korean, since I seemed to remember her three languages as being natural choices of languages to learn given her native language, but I dont remember that detail. She may have been Canadian, since I know of the three dreams I had last night at least one of them involved Canada.

This classroom was in a very specific recurring place in Vermont, and I was familiar with the woods around it and the various trails that I could take to circle through or around the woods. After class got out I was outside with someone, possibly my dad, and we were both taking a walk. But I took a shortcut through the woods and separated from him. I seemed to think that the path I was taking was not only shorter, but would help me avoid getting bitten by insects, which had already found me just in the short time I had been outside. The shortcut I was taking led me into deeper, darker woods than the more trafficked path that closely followed the paved roads.

Almost immediately after making the left turn into the deeper woods I caught up with a small boy, about 5 years old, who was also taking a walk through the woods and was getting bitten by insects quite a lot. I decided to walk with him in front of me, and it seemed that the insects stopped bothering both of us once we started walking together.
------------------
Oct 4

I was in the desert with Jimmy Dore. We were traveling in a large van and I think he may have been announcing his show as we moved. After some time we spotted a very tall woman walking towards us on the side of the road. She had no vehicle. She had dark skin and dark hair. She was apparently a psychic. A shorter blonde girl appeared following close behind, and she was able to read the thoughts of that girl without either of them saying a word.

The two women joined our party, and we talked a little while, but I only remember the sentence at the very end, where the taller woman said "I think that cat and that mouse are too large to be fighting that BLIMP!"

Possibly a fragment of another dream, or possibly part of this one, involved me following a woman as she walked home. I remember a burst of joy as she walked into a large building, since I knew that it must be an apartment building, which I immediately added to my contacts as a place I might be able to live. The name of the apt bldg started with V.

-------------------------
I know that lately my dreams seem as if they were generated by computer, with the same elements occurring over and over again. I've been leaving out the dreams that seem to have no new elements at all, as well as a few of those I just dont find worth sharing. Of the 5 dreams I had since the last post, I posted only 2. Perhaps I'll scale back and post only the truly unusual dreams like the one with Newman.

Soap
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Soap »

Me again. Im moving to here so this'll probably be my last post here for a while.

----
Oct 7
I was eating in a mall at a Chinese restaurant called Nemimhati, and wanted to try teriyaki chicken but I was hesitant for some reason I dont remember.

-----
Oct 8
(These three dreams are all from the same night)

Midge, Jughead, and Moose (thje Archie Comics characters) were all in the same room playing a comptuer game called 2003 Fantasy Football. Midge gave Moose her password, but Moose "messes it up" and her football players aren't available. She asks Jughead for help, and Jughead shows her that it was Midge who had messed up, and she was trying to enroll players who hadnt played for many years, and were unavailable. She also hadnt used up all of her picks, and was trying to field an incomplete team against a complete team. One of the players she was looking at had last played in 2006, and another in 2007. Despite the name of the game being "2003 Fantasy Football", it seemed to continually update itself to show the current players in each of the NFL teams. It wasnt clear if Midge was playing against Jughead or if he was simply in the same room.

In this dream, Midge had been named after the type of fly.

Unliike most of mydreams, i was simply an observer here and not part of the action. I've identifgied with Jghead in the past, so perhaps subsconsciously I was playing the part of Jughead in this dream. That would explain why Jughead took moose's side in the conflict (Jughead stereotypically "doesnt like girls").

-------

It was late April, and very warm out. I was lying on my side facing towards a circular pool of deep water, which was a swimming pool but did not have stairs, ladders, or a diving board. It was "98 degrees", or at least that's what it felt like. I was developing red spots on my skin on the side of me facing the sun (I wasnt wearing much clothes), but not on the other side. Yet, I didnt seem to mind, and I didnt flip over to face away from the sun. There were a lot of other people around me, all relaxing just like I was.

Suddenly i looked up to see the sun slipping behind a concave mass of very black clouds. they were so thick and black that the whole outdoors scene became dark. I stood up and put my hands on my hips in mock indignation. I said something like "Well, this isnt very nice," making sure everyone's eyes were on me and had heard what I said.

I was determined to get the sun back out, so I rushed into my bedroom, closed and locked both of the doors leading into the bedroom, and played loud happy music and danced around to the beat so that the clouds would go away and I could go back to enjoying the sunshine. But then my mother knocked and opened the second door, even though it was locked. Both doors were close to each other, but led into two different hallways.

-------
I was following 2 young blonde women close behind up a long staircase, and realized that I had followed them all the way up to where they lived, instead of where I lived. I told them I had gotten distracted and followed htem up the stairs by mistake. There were a lot of other people around us, 1 tall man behind me on the staircase and a lot of others up on the top floor where the 2 women were going. They were very ethnically diverse, which is not common where I live. This was apparently inside a bank, in which we all lived. I May have said something like "the war was written under control" but i cant make out the words i said now.

------
Oct 10
I think Bernie Sanders was my teacher. And I was looking at my report card for that class, and I had been doing very poorly because of not doing the homework. I couldnt tell whether I was failing or not because of the way the report card was structured. Of the classes necessary to advance, I was getting A's in all the other classes. There was one other class I was failing, b ut it was an elective and not necessary to graduate. This c lass was about history and perhaps politics.

I remember saying "Of course I didnt do the assignment" in a voice like a stereotypical "woe is me" as if it wasnt my fault I hadnt done it and I was expecting sympathy.

==========/
free food in separate bldg

Imralu
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Imralu »

I was living at my parent's house, kind of, but it was different and it wasn't their house ... and the street light across the road had some kind of warning light underneath that was flashing. And then a little while later it started arking electricity through the air and it hit the front two rooms of the house and set fire to them. Luckily I somehow had a fire extinguisher and managed to put out the fires before it spread to the rest of the house. My computer was in my room and it was warped from the heat but it still worked ...

... and then I was mowing the lawn at night time with an electric lawn mower with an extention lead and trying not to mow over the cord.
Glossing Abbreviations: COMP = comparative, C = complementiser, ACS / ICS = accessible / inaccessible, GDV = gerundive, SPEC / NSPC = specific / non-specific
________
MY MUSIC

Soap
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Soap »

Imralu wrote:I was living at my parent's house, kind of, but it was different and it wasn't their house ... and the street light across the road had some kind of warning light underneath that was flashing. And then a little while later it started arking electricity through the air and it hit the front two rooms of the house and set fire to them. Luckily I somehow had a fire extinguisher and managed to put out the fires before it spread to the rest of the house. My computer was in my room and it was warped from the heat but it still worked ...

... and then I was mowing the lawn at night time with an electric lawn mower with an extention lead and trying not to mow over the cord.
That sounds in some ways like a dream I might have, but Im curious, what color was the warning light? I must have had a dream when I was reeeeally young, like 4 yrs old, that there was a traffic light across the street from our house ... like, literally across the street, in the sidewalk, facing the road, where it makes no sense to have a traffic light because there was no intersection anywhere close by and cars dont go sideways. I think the bottom light may have been *blue* instead of green, but it's possible I've contaminated that memory with a children's poem involving a blue traffic light. Only reason I say "must have" is because I believed the dream was true for quite a while afterwards, apparently not noticing that there was no light there or that it wouldnt make sense to have one. I think even then, I insisted that the light must havbe been taken down and that my older sister simply didnt remember it.

-----

I dont have traditional Internet access where Im living now, so I cant scramble to the computer first thing in the morning and type out my dreams like I used to. Ive been mostly having formulaic dreams lately, as usual, and a few nights ago I had yet another dream about the same stretch of woods from the last dream, this time there was a small boy who was writing a poem and the poem could only have as many stanzas as the tree had branches. But somehow he found an extra branch that was very low to the ground, unrealistically so, almost touching the ground (these were all pine trees), and therefore he was able to ocmplete his poem the way he wanted to.

having lived in Portland Maine for a few years, I have a bit of a grudge against the much larger Portland, Oregon. I had a dream this morning I think that Portland OR was actually on the ocean and not 2 hours inland like in real life, and that there was another city twice as far east that was also on the ocean .... basically the Columbia River had been replaced by a long but narrow bay. I was mostly interested in looking up climate data for that other city, which I sometimes do in real life becuase it's been a side-interest of mine for most of my life.

linguoboy
Sanno
Sanno

Post by linguoboy »

For some reason, I can't ever text or use e-mail in my dreams. It's gotten to the point where last night I remember thinking before I tried, "This probably won't work since it never does in dreams." And, sure enough, I was stuck with some weird tiny phone that had only half a dozen keys and I couldn't figure out how to type any letters.

Ryusenshi
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Ryusenshi »

I just had a weird dream, with some odd sense of logic however. "Though this be madness, yet there is method in't".

I was hunted by two serial killers (one woman and one man), and had to escape in a car. I later realized that I was driving naked, for whatever reason. Later, I discovered that the killers had some sort of OCD: when they were on a killing spree, they would turn on the light of every room on their right. So, when some friends and I came into a house and saw the lights were on, in the middle of the day, we knew the killers were waiting for us. By following the lights, we knew where they were and were able to set a trap for them. We managed to capture them just before I woke up.

Vijay
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Vijay »

That is the happiest dream about serial killers I have ever read (or heard).

Imralu
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Imralu »

Soap wrote:That sounds in some ways like a dream I might have, but Im curious, what color was the warning light?
It was blue :-/
linguoboy wrote:For some reason, I can't ever text or use e-mail in my dreams. It's gotten to the point where last night I remember thinking before I tried, "This probably won't work since it never does in dreams." And, sure enough, I was stuck with some weird tiny phone that had only half a dozen keys and I couldn't figure out how to type any letters.
Any time there's text of any kind in my dream, whether I'm reading it or writing it, it changes every time I look at it and it's the most frustrating thing because usually I need to find out what it first said but it's gone forever. I guess, in the real world, things are permanent, but in a dream, your brain has to remember the exact words to maintain something like that if you look away and look back ... it either frustrates me or causes me to realise I'm dreaming.
Glossing Abbreviations: COMP = comparative, C = complementiser, ACS / ICS = accessible / inaccessible, GDV = gerundive, SPEC / NSPC = specific / non-specific
________
MY MUSIC