The dream thread

Discussions worth keeping around later.
Earthling
Sanci
Sanci

Re: The dream thread

Post by Earthling »

I was writing a book where the characters were on a boat. I was going to write about a sea serpent that came up out of the water, and both the boat and the serpent would sink. The characters would then be swimming in the water, and the serpent would rise up and introduce himself, and he would have a very long name--several pages long in fact. It started with something like "Leknûk". I would be merciful and only print the name once; for the rest of the book he would be referred to as "Leki" or "the serpent". Then I was on the boat, and the boat and serpent (which was purple) were sinking, as planned. As it was sinking, I was holding a boxed set of The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings. The Hobbit was out of the case, and I was trying to get it back in. I got it in, but then realized that The Hobbit was supposed to be in another box, all on its own. I couldn't figure out why there was a box for one book, but I pulled the book out and moved it to that case. It was actually Return of the King that was missing from the other case, and I tried to fit it back in. However, being thicker than The Hobbit, it wouldn't fit. Then I looked up and saw the sea serpent sinking into the water. It cried out "No! I don't want to go back! Owwwwwwww!" (It had a very high-pitched voice.) Then I woke up.
This post brought to your computer all the way from Earth.

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

I dreamed about falling in love, there were trains and other people and it was, for the most part, sort of a young adult story. romantic/friendship drama of sorts. I can't really recollect it now because I had to wake up and deal with some criminals phishing my house for information.

balls

Shm Jay
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Shm Jay »

I dreamt that I was watching a movie where two housewives, [characters played by] Winona Ryder and Roseanne Barr, decided to have a lesbian relationship. In one scene they went to a dance-bar, Roseanne got drunk, and while they were dancing Roseanne vomited all over Winona Ryder’s back.

Last night I had a confusing dream about living in a house that was too small and flimsy for me to give shelter to two or three Japanese girl exchange students who decided to move in. I was trying to sell the house because I wanted to leave the neighbourhood but other people wouldn't give me the money.

Soap
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Soap »

Someone named Szeseg was on Jeopardy, and the game was just starting. Szeseg got the first question of the night right, Alex seemed reluctant to acknowledge him and after a few seconds said "Well, you're finally right" even though Szeseg was a returning champion. Another person near me euphemized it away by saying "what he means is that Szeseg is finally back".

----

I went back to my old college from which I never graduated, into a house that once I got inside turned out to be a dorm with 3 floors and dozens of rooms. Will (someone I used to know in person) and a new person were there studying, even though it was winter break and the real Will had graudated 8 years ago. It was a math class they were studying for, and they were on Chapter 2, "Abjads" (apparently they were learning how to teach math overseas). They were roommates and we'rent getting along very well, and I was thinking that Will would move out and I would be the new roommate for the other guy (even though I wasnt a student, it'd be cheaper rent than living alone). Later I went into another room and they were somehow also there, studying programming. The other guy was Middle Eastern and was saying that his goal was to learn how to prohram in Arabic and then go to "Third World countries" and watch people do that.
Sunàqʷa the Sea Lamprey says:

Wattmann
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Wattmann »

I have to say this - it's creeping me out.
In the last four nights, I've had awesome dreams - I'm an SS officer, always under a different name, sent to kill some Aztecs and I end up with a hawt Aztec girl that "coincidentally" looks a lot like my GF, except that she has a tan; sometimes we have smex, sometimes not.

Now, the dreams always devolve into me being doctor House in everything by name - I'm eating a soup and reading a book about myself, and the sentence is always:
"Asked by Gendry (dr. Willson) to advertise a certain product, ___ wondered if the soup he was eating was actually his" - replacing the ___ with the name I got in the dream.
Am I dreaming about being so high on Vicodin that I'm imagining I'm an SS officer when I'm ____ = House?
Warning: Recovering bilingual, attempting trilinguaility. Knowledge of French left behind in childhood. Currently repairing bilinguality. Repair stalled. Above content may be a touch off.

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

smugly brilliant SS officer sent to hunt after an aztec chick that holds the key to some occult thingie? dude, what an awesome argument. there's sex, there's nazis, there's aztecs, there's occult, it's got everything that made indiana jones great plus black and black morality! aztecs and nazis is like the two ultimate bad guys, so fuck yeah.

please give me permission to eventually maybe write a story with that argument by signing right here _______________________

Bristel
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Bristel »

El Torco wrote:smugly brilliant SS officer sent to hunt after an aztec chick that holds the key to some occult thingie? dude, what an awesome argument. there's sex, there's nazis, there's aztecs, there's occult, it's got everything that made indiana jones great plus black and black morality! aztecs and nazis is like the two ultimate bad guys, so fuck yeah.

please give me permission to eventually maybe write a story with that argument by signing right here _______________________
You dream a lot about Nazis.

I dream a lot about volcanos erupting.

Dr. Laura, please divine our psychological issues with those dreams!
[bɹ̠ˤʷɪs.təɫ]
Nōn quālibet inīquā cupiditāte illectus hoc agō
Yo te pongo en tu lugar...
Taisc mach Daró

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

no i don't, the smug SS officer is wattman's. i wish i dreamt about nazis doing aztec girls and fighting against eagle knights.

Bristel
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Bristel »

Ah ok.

I dreamt last night that I was being brutally assaulted and strip-searched by a French guy at the airport.

Then I turned on him and started trying to kick his ass, and other people were helping me out.
[bɹ̠ˤʷɪs.təɫ]
Taisc mach Daró

Astraios
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Astraios »

Why'd you want to kick his ass? I'd have thought a dream about strip-searched by a French airport guard person would be hot.

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

sacre bleu, Astraios, vraiment? les "airport guards" sont pas sexy...

finlay
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by finlay »

Men in uniform, though? That's quite a common fetish. Not one I share personally, but yeah, when I saw Bristol's post I thought it was going to be about a sex dream.

Astraios
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Astraios »

El Torco wrote:sacre bleu, Astraios, vraiment? les "airport guards" sont pas sexy...
There could be a sexy one. And yes, men in uniform are hawt.

Wattmann
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Wattmann »

El Torco wrote:smugly brilliant SS officer sent to hunt after an aztec chick that holds the key to some occult thingie? dude, what an awesome argument. there's sex, there's nazis, there's aztecs, there's occult, it's got everything that made indiana jones great plus black and black morality! aztecs and nazis is like the two ultimate bad guys, so fuck yeah.

NO WAY (the nazis aren't the point)

Last night was role-changing night - instead of that one sentence, I got: "Asked by Bran to advertise a certain product, Gendry wondered if the soup he was eating was actually his"

Creeping me out, seriously.
Warning: Recovering bilingual, attempting trilinguaility. Knowledge of French left behind in childhood. Currently repairing bilinguality. Repair stalled. Above content may be a touch off.

prettydragoon
Sanci
Sanci

Post by prettydragoon »

Astraios wrote:
El Torco wrote:sacre bleu, Astraios, vraiment? les "airport guards" sont pas sexy...
There could be a sexy one. And yes, men in uniform are hawt.
Also, much depends on your kink. I hear the guards at CDG are trained in... Roissy.

Bristel
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Bristel »

finlay wrote:Men in uniform, though? That's quite a common fetish. Not one I share personally, but yeah, when I saw Bristol's post I thought it was going to be about a sex dream.
Yes, common. But no. It was a getting raped and beaten dream. :(
[bɹ̠ˤʷɪs.təɫ]
Taisc mach Daró

rotting bones
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by rotting bones »

I dreamed of a green man holding herbaceous shoots between his teeth. A virgin with a single blossom was terrified of him and called him the Thistle Man. Then things spun rapidly out of control.
If you hold a cat by the tail you learn things you cannot learn any other way. - Mark Twain

In reality, our greatest blessings come to us by way of madness, which indeed is a divine gift. - Socrates

Drydic
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Drydic »

I just had one of the best dreams I've had in a while. It was long and rather complicated, but I ended up at a party with a bunch of friends (dream friends, not IRL ones), and they wouldn't let me leave, kept blocking me in. Anyways after the last block I went back into the main room and there was this OMG cute boy (yes I know I sound like a teenage girl shut up) who looked a lot like Winona Ryder (almost exactly like this picture actually) sitting at a table, looking oh-so-lonely. So I walked over to him and asked him if he wanted to get out of there, he said 'and you've waited until now to ask me?' and we left, just pushing the people who had been blocking me in out of the way. As we left I heard one of them say 'those two are going to rock each others' world', and it was definitely going to happen.

I woke up right after that, but still, best dream in a long time.
Last edited by Drydic on Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image
Common Zein Scratchpad & other Stuffs! OMG AN ACTUAL CONPOST WTFBBQ

Formerly known as Drydic.

Astraios
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Astraios »

Aww. You always wake up before the dream gets to the best bit. xD

Drydic
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Drydic »

Yeah...I'm a little sad now though. I can't find my copy of Girl, Interrupted :(
Image Image
Common Zein Scratchpad & other Stuffs! OMG AN ACTUAL CONPOST WTFBBQ

Formerly known as Drydic.

dunomapuka
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by dunomapuka »

Soap wrote:Someone named Szeseg was on Jeopardy, and the game was just starting. Szeseg got the first question of the night right, Alex seemed reluctant to acknowledge him and after a few seconds said "Well, you're finally right" even though Szeseg was a returning champion. Another person near me euphemized it away by saying "what he means is that Szeseg is finally back".
That's hilarious, was it pronounced as if it were Hungarian?

cromulant
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by cromulant »

I invited an acquaintance from high school to do something social, his choice. (IRL, he became a preacher; we were never close). He chose to have dinner with his mom. We got into his car. He had a wife, and perhaps a kid. The wife was really friendly and acted like she knew me well. He began driving. I was in the back seat. He began driving up a hill that became steeper and steeper, so steep in fact that i fell onto the back windshield (which was now below me--the incline was pretty much 90 degrees at this point). Then it evened out, I guess, and this guy who looked like Janko threw a rock at the car. I was angered. Then I was in a train, in a coal hopper, and Janko came up behind me and started garroting me. Somewhat lazily, I began to fight back. My heart wasn't much in it. Then I woke up.

Bob Johnson
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Bob Johnson »

I met Sully, but he didn't look like that; Gerald Ford wearing Trump's toupee, maybe. Don't remember much else.

Why? Haven't looked at anything airplane-related in months.

Earthling
Sanci
Sanci

Post by Earthling »

cromulant wrote:Then it evened out, I guess, and this guy who looked like Janko threw a rock at the car.
Have you ever refused him numbers?
This post brought to your computer all the way from Earth.

Soap
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Soap »

3 short pointless dreams I havent written about before:

I dreamed that it was 100F and a hailstorm came on us.

---

I dreamed that a cellphone sale which I had messed up IRL turned out not so bad and when I woke up I realized again it's going to be a problem for me later.

---

the "Piss Editor", a desktop manager for Linux, was discovered and I was reminded of it
Sunàqʷa the Sea Lamprey says: