The dream thread

Discussions worth keeping around later.
pharazon
Lebom
Lebom

Post by pharazon »

Chopin was the head of a chemistry department but he wasn't very good at it (I mean he was good at chemistry but he had all kinds of weird rules no one liked)

goneriku
Sanci
Sanci

Post by goneriku »

I dreamt my cat had died for some reason, and I just held his body and started bawling. I woke up and went to go find said cat and cuddle with him to go back to sleep (of course, the cat wouldn't have anything to do with this and promptly ran away).

catberry
Sanci
Sanci

Post by catberry »

I had a dream that there were enormous frog-creatures in Minecraft that lived in mountain caves.

(I almost hope that that'll be added sometime)
You killed yourself. By waving a scientist around.
-is female-

Hokulani
Sanci
Sanci

Post by Hokulani »

I had a dream a few days ago that I was sitting in the portfolio screening room (Portfolio= mid-level short film). I was sitting in the front row by myself. Unusual for the portfolio screening room, it was practically empty, with only a few people scattered about.

I look behind me and see my bf and his buddies sitting in the back, waving frantically at me to join them. From what I remember, I refuse, and continue watching the films in the front row, which is odd. I hate sitting in the front row and always sit in the back.

I guess the dream stems from my bf's fear that no one will be there to watch his films.

Aurora Rossa
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Aurora Rossa »

I have dreams about being dangerously close to an approaching tornado.
"There was a particular car I soon came to think of as distinctly St. Louis-ish: a gigantic white S.U.V. with a W. bumper sticker on it for George W. Bush."

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

the other day I dreamt that an ex for whom I still have some fancy was in love with me

oh well

LinguistCat
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by LinguistCat »

I was a dream that I was living at another house in a very small room with another person. She was pregnant and the person who owned the house had poisoned her. So I was trying to save her and the child while she was stuck on the top bunk bed. And even though the house owner gave us the antitoxin, there wasn't a needle to administer it, so I had to run around to find one because I couldn't leave the house...
The stars are an ocean. Your breasts, are also an ocean.

catberry
Sanci
Sanci

Post by catberry »

I had a dream that I was in my kitchen on the floor, and whenever I tried to get up, I fell back down. It felt like my limbs were asleep.

Also, I once dreamed that a band I like covered a song by another band that I like and did a pretty good job of it.
You killed yourself. By waving a scientist around.
-is female-

the duke of nuke
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by the duke of nuke »

I had a dream last night that there existed a University club for mad science (I think inspired by Girl Genius) and there was a competition to build something that could take you from somewhere in the south of England to Paris, land and sea. I dodn't make anything but turned up anyway and a lot of the entries seemed to be cars and trains made out of foam rubber so they would float. Very strange.
XinuX wrote:I learned this language, but then I sneezed and now am in prison for high treason. 0/10 would not speak again.

Civil War Bugle
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Civil War Bugle »

I dreamt that some wizards were visiting the village where I attended primary school as a child, and after looking at graveyards* and ice cream stores and stuff they attended a church service in the attic of what may have been the victorian house near the school. They stood with everyone in a circle, and things went on, vaguely like in a Quaker service except not really, until something required the wizards' participation. One of them began to read a document that would cause magic when an argument was started because wizards cannot be Christians** and these ones should leave. The wizard defended himself on the basis that his magic was specifically based on the Bible, and I got the impression he was a member of the Verdurian sect, and the dream ended around there.

*Coincidentally there was in fact a large graveyard next to my school. I believe this cause my fondness for these fine places.
**Thou shall not suffer a witch to live or however it goes.

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

I just woke up, and remember dreaming about operación alfa carbón, a state terrorism operative in which three people were killed, one of them my father's brother during the Pinochet dictatorship. this was probably triggered by the late stages the investigation is in right now. It's good to know that the Chilean state is ready to punish them fucks who tortured and killed people for political reasons during a dictatorship, but it's pretty tough to dream about such things.

Shm Jay
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Shm Jay »

I keep having these recurring dreams about still being in my old townhouse in Toronto. We moved away in 1988, but in my dreams we are still there, or we returned there. They aren’t pleasant dreams, because in the dreams I feel trapped or stifled or resentful. I wish I knew what they meant, or why I keep having the dreams.

Viktor77
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Viktor77 »

I don't usually have sex dreams, but last night I dreamt I got to fuck Captain Jack Harkness aka John Barrowman. I think nothing else need be said.
Falgwian and Falgwia!!

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

Shm Jay
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Shm Jay »

I dreamt I was a character in some Coronation-Street-type soap opera. I received CAN$200,000 in the mail, as a pile of 1990s series $20 bills. As it was Saturday, I couldn’t go to the bank and deposit it, so I had to hide it somewhere in the house as I had to go out to attend some sort of memorial service. Then while I was out, I got word that some homeless person broke into our house and found a whole bunch of money.

dunomapuka
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by dunomapuka »

Sitting in a park with a couple of my friends. There was a cart that sold Italian ices nearby, but it had all these weird flavors like espresso and unfamiliar Japanese words. They sent me to get an espresso-ice, but I got sidetracked and decided to go home for some reason, where I drank lots of sherry.

At a gay bar (not sure what order this all happened in), I ordered a burger and fries. It came in a McDonald's-type paper bag. There were various people having sex around me, and I was sort of losing my appetite.

In the morning, I went to talk to my parents, whose room was also littered with various emptied alcohol bottles. We went to our next-door neighbors' party, where it became apparent that the neighbors' 10 year old daughter wanted to fuck me.

Shm Jay
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Shm Jay »

boy #12 wrote:At a gay bar (not sure what order this all happened in), I ordered a burger and fries. It came in a McDonald's-type paper bag. There were various people having sex around me, and I was sort of losing my appetite.
Did you see Viktor there with that Harkness person :wink:

the duke of nuke
Avisaru
Avisaru

I had a dream that my lady friend had bigger breasts but didn't like me going down on her. On balance, it was a bad dream.

EDIT: Viktor is getting all the good sex dreams :cry:
XinuX wrote:I learned this language, but then I sneezed and now am in prison for high treason. 0/10 would not speak again.

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

thedukeofnuke wrote:I had a dream that my lady friend had bigger breasts but didn't like me going down on her. On balance, it was a bad dream.
that would be horrible... who doesn't like some muffmeal ?

the duke of nuke
Avisaru
Avisaru

Torco wrote:
thedukeofnuke wrote:I had a dream that my lady friend had bigger breasts but didn't like me going down on her. On balance, it was a bad dream.
Well said :D Though I prefer the expression "pearl diving"...

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

thedukeofnuke wrote:
Torco wrote:
Well said :D Though I prefer the expression "pearl diving"...
double double entendre? I like it

rotting bones
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by rotting bones »

Pthug wrote:people who are pissed off about something are pissed off at the time of writing and, presumably, afterwards, allowing conversation. if they were things that people were pissed off about ages ago and it doesn't really make sense and all the context has been forgotten, then you see why it might not be such a, "hit".
Never underestimate the boredom of forum regulars.

I'd been admitted into this university whose campus was a cramped 2nd story balcony filled chest-high with packing material. After some freaky incidents involving a portal into the Lands Below and gigantic stone battle tanks that I don't remember too well, the place blew up and I was forced to take the GRE all over again. Then I woke up and realized that I haven't taken it yet.

Typical nightmare.
If you hold a cat by the tail you learn things you cannot learn any other way. - Mark Twain

In reality, our greatest blessings come to us by way of madness, which indeed is a divine gift. - Socrates

Pthagnar
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Pthagnar »

rotting ham wrote:Never underestimate the boredom of forum regulars.
I don't think I did! In the time it took for the venting thread to burgeon into 112 pages of quality vomitus, this thread has feebly waddled only into a second.

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

Pthug wrote:
rotting ham wrote:Never underestimate the boredom of forum regulars.
I don't think I did! In the time it took for the venting thread to burgeon into 112 pages of quality vomitus, this thread has feebly waddled only into a second.
people do get angry more than they remember their dreams

Pthagnar
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Pthagnar »

well you see, japan stole eddy's dreams

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

Pthug wrote:well you see, japan stole eddy's dreams
maybe if we can convince eddy that his dreams are being dictated by the southern race ?

[which, if you think about it, is probably true]