What are you playing?

Discussions worth keeping around later.
Mr. Z
Avisaru
Avisaru

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Mr. Z »

I've almost finished re-installing Portal 2; hopefully I'll finally be able to keep playing and finish the game. In addition, Skyrim. Now I can shout FUS RO. The Greybeards are cool, and I killed another dragon today, and raised my destruction skill a few levels along the way to High Hrothgar.
Přemysl wrote:
Kereb wrote:they are nerdissimus inter nerdes
Oh god, we truly are nerdy. My first instinct was "why didn't he just use sunt and have it all in Latin?".
Languages I speak fluently
English, עברית

Languages I am studying
العربية, 日本語

Conlangs
Athonian

Wattmann
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Wattmann »

I'm gonna start Planescape:Torment, and it's gonna be fun (I hope, the reviews are terrific)
Warning: Recovering bilingual, attempting trilinguaility. Knowledge of French left behind in childhood. Currently repairing bilinguality. Repair stalled. Above content may be a touch off.

Mashmakhan
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Mashmakhan »

cybrxkhan wrote:The next Elder Scrolls better be Elsweyr. Or at least Hammerfell.
Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall and its expansion pack Redguard take place wholly or partially in Hammerfell. See here, here and here.

vampireshark wrote:Bought Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Reverie the other day. It's fun, but it has the same issues most DQ games have: some level grinding is required, for one, and that can be a bit tedious.
What console/platform does it run on?

Congrats. Bet it took you a while to get past all of those spiny ball things, tho. The part where you need to jump up all of those platforms. What was your contributor count?
What really got me mostly was the very ending part with the conveyor belt. I had a bit of trouble with the birdo with the key for some reason (probably because weakened by the electric spike guys).
You mean this part?

Or...the part with the other Birdo? Because there's another one behind the door further left of the door for the first Birdo. That's where you get the fourth mushroom.

Here is the part I got stuck on:

The rest of the castle wasn't too difficult (the second Birdo was annoying, tho).
Foolster41 wrote:Also darn wart took a LOT of tries to kill.
There is a trick to it: Watch where the bubbles he shoots are going to land and then stand between them when they land. It is a lot like Super Mario World where you position yourself between the falling flames after each round with Bowser, except that the bubbles are quicker. Wart takes 7 hits at most. I counted 6 when I beat him.

cybrxkhan
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by cybrxkhan »

Seems like I'll be finishing all I want to with Skyrim within a week or two... so looks like it'll be back to Morrowind (maybe Oblivion? but I played way too much of that) after that!

Mashmakhan wrote:
cybrxkhan wrote:The next Elder Scrolls better be Elsweyr. Or at least Hammerfell.
Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall and its expansion pack Redguard take place wholly or partially in Hammerfell. See here, here and here.
Yeah, I know, but maybe it's been so long ago that nobody remembers. Personally I'm putting my bets on Elsweyr, despite some serious setting issues the developers would have to deal with (including how to deal with all the Khajiit subraces, and how to market the Khajiit in the first place), as they seem to make the most sense as TESVI's setting. All I'd just like is some Orientalist setting madness that isn't offensive, sort of like Morrowind - whether its in Elsweyr, Hammerfell, Akavir, Magical Elf Land, New York city, whatever.
I have a blog, unfortunately: http://imperialsenate.wordpress.com/
I think I think, therefore I think I am.

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

Anyone who guesses this reference deserves a standing ovation.

... per...haps you are aware of the curse I bear ?!

Mr. Z
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Mr. Z »

Skyrim Creation Kit. The biggest problem is how to save my voice recordings and hear them in-game. I think there may be a bug in my kit, according to the guides I've read and skimming through an annoucement of Bethesda regarding a bug related to recordings.
Přemysl wrote:
Oh god, we truly are nerdy. My first instinct was "why didn't he just use sunt and have it all in Latin?".
English, עברית

Languages I am studying
العربية, 日本語

Conlangs
Athonian

Chuma
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Chuma »

A bug? In Skyrim? Surely you jest. :P

See if you can spot what's wrong in this picture:
shot.png
shot.png (172.13 KiB) Viewed 11306 times

Mr. Z
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Mr. Z »

Chuma wrote:A bug? In Skyrim? Surely you jest. :P

shot.png
Umm... I don't know. It's too small :X
I can see a dragon in the background, and a cool structure on the mountain. And some weird bush right in front of you.
Where was that taken?
Přemysl wrote:
English, עברית

Languages I am studying
العربية, 日本語

Conlangs
Athonian

Gulliver
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Gulliver »

Mr. Z wrote:
Chuma wrote:A bug? In Skyrim? Surely you jest. :P

shot.png
Umm... I don't know. It's too small :X
I can see a dragon in the background, and a cool structure on the mountain. And some weird bush right in front of you.
Where was that taken?
That ain't a dragon - I think it's a horse. Horses in Skyrim take a dim view of physics. When they're not busy flying sideways they can often be seen running vertically up mountains by sheer force of will. Mine seem to get in more fights than I do and wander off at random, only to appear later without warning.

I got overexcited at the potion table and then at the smith, so I ended up overlevelling myself. For a while, this was good because my sword could cut through anything in one hit (setting it on fire and stealing its soul at the same time), but this has seesawed back and now my enemies do obscene damage right back at me. Basically, it's become a case of glass-canon vs glass-canon. Shame destruction magic does fixed damage, though, it's fun but I can't see how it would benefit me at level 46. I do want to train up as a conjurer so I can walk round with an army of zombies, though. Using that standing stone power lets you do it once a day, which is cool. Oh, and vampirism is crap.

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

Horses are magical creatures in the land of skyrim, their veing filled with the blood of their magical ancestors, the raindeer of Santa Claus.

cybrxkhan
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by cybrxkhan »

I'm sure most of you heard about the Skyrim DLC announcement? Except that Bethesda was just trolling and it was an announcement about an announcement. Accompanied by a nice picture.

I'm pretty much almost done with everything I want to do in Skyrim save a few side quests, so I'm probably gonna download that awesome Elsweyr mod and do... stuff. Or I guess I could finish Morrowind and parts of Oblivion... Or, heck, I'm almost done with my Shogun 2 campaign, which is now a complete cluster@#$% of armies, ninjas, and monks running around causing chaos.

Gulliver wrote:I got overexcited at the potion table and then at the smith, so I ended up overlevelling myself. For a while, this was good because my sword could cut through anything in one hit (setting it on fire and stealing its soul at the same time), but this has seesawed back and now my enemies do obscene damage right back at me. Basically, it's become a case of glass-canon vs glass-canon. Shame destruction magic does fixed damage, though, it's fun but I can't see how it would benefit me at level 46. I do want to train up as a conjurer so I can walk round with an army of zombies, though. Using that standing stone power lets you do it once a day, which is cool. Oh, and vampirism is crap.
For the destruction magic there's a mod that scales destruction magic, it may be *slightly* overpowered depending on your taste, but it works for me.

Gulliver
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Gulliver »

cybrxkhan wrote:For the destruction magic there's a mod that scales destruction magic, it may be *slightly* overpowered depending on your taste, but it works for me.
It's on my boyfriend's xbox, so no dice.

Herra Ratatoskr
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Herra Ratatoskr »

I managed to beat Ironsword with two lives remaining, used no continues, and got all 4 relics of Sindarin. My best run yet.
I am Ratatosk, Norse Squirrel of Strife!

There are 10 types of people in this world:
-Those who understand binary
-Those who don't

Mater tua circeta ibat et pater tuus sambucorum olficiebat!

Drydic
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Drydic »

Well, I finally shut down my WoW account...and immediately started playing Everquest 2. I'm hopeless xD
Image Image
Common Zein Scratchpad & other Stuffs! OMG AN ACTUAL CONPOST WTFBBQ

Formerly known as Drydic.

cybrxkhan
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by cybrxkhan »

Bump?

Just started trying out the Crusader Kings 2 demo a few days ago, and I gotta say I'm impressed. My brother played EUIII a lot before, but it kind of intimidated me, yet I find Crusader Kings relatively engaging even if I don't know what the hell is going on half the time.

Has anybody played it or is still playing it? I'm considering buying it if it's on the next big steam sale or something, and I was wondering whether it'd be worth any investment.

Gulliver
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Gulliver »

I've just played the Arkham City DLC addon thing Harley's Revenge and it's pretty good, if incredibly short, and there's a bit near the end where it kind of does away with what could have been playable content by a cutscene but that's not unusual, more annoying as I thought it was a bit I was going to play through. The whole thing is More of the Same, but with Robin but there are some unique puzzley bits and the set is pretty impressive. There's also some playing with the game mechanics, which surprised me. Short but sweet and much tighter than the Catwoman DLC, even if it is basically a standalone game.

Foolster41
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Foolster41 »

Finally got Deus Ex Human Revolution. I'm a big fan of the first game. There are things I both dislike and like about this game. I'm only at the second city so far (Left Detroit).

Dislike:
-"press button for cover": More a taste thing, since not really used to it as a PC gamer. (And this seems more a console thing to me, like Gears of War etc.)
-Terrible acting: Acting in DE was not great, but nothing really terrible Serif sounds like he's telling jokes while he briefs you for the first mission. and I want to literally punch Prichard. (though I think it's probably intentional).
I almost wonder if I'm being set up to dislike these characters, in the same way you dislike Gunther, Anna (Edit: Oh yeah, and that jerk Simmons, and to a lesser extent manderly) in the first game where you
(Deus ex 1 Spoiler:) ' go on a shooting spree and kill them all. :P
-Retardly stupid first boss: Tiny room with a guy who can kill you quickly (even on medium difficulty!) if you play a "stealth" character he is much too hard for a first boss. Also best solution for killing is more like a third person action game (Spoiler): You throw barrels at him to stun/damage him. Which seriously breaks the mood.
Like:
-City Design, and being claustrophobic is definitely a technical advantage for the designers, but feels very in the mood. The city design was great in the first one, and actually city design was one of the few things that wasn't too terrible (but not as good as DE or DE:HR) in DE2 as far as I can remember (well, except Egypt exterior, which was bland, boring and confusing as hell). Tactical cover is well placed and designed both for sneaking and using as cover in fire fights. World feels nice and large, and the ways areas are divided are fairly well done, as well as the way your cut off from the outside areas that don't matter.
-Little nods to the first game the first code? 0401. A guy randomly whistles the theme song from the first game. Refrences to some of the characters from the first game.
-New Aug system: No more skills, and now I really feel like I'm choosing between two different things (In DE1, even as a stealthy person, there was no real reason NOT to take armor). No swimming skill! :)

Over all, I'm enjoying the game.

I was given the newest humble bundle as a gift, so I've also been playing psycnauts again. I gave up before in the first stage (in the first teacher's head, basicly the tutorial), but I breezed through it this time. I've also been playing some Amnesia: Dark Descent but only a little bit so far.
Last edited by Foolster41 on Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

Some motherfucking Neverwinter Nights, the expansions.

Aaand hitman contracts.

Herr Dunkel
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Herr Dunkel »

Holy fucking MYST
Also, modding CK2 to add elves.
Without having actually purchased the game, that is, reverse-engineering the modding process from a mod I got and the base game.
sano wrote:
To my dearest Darkgamma,
http://www.dazzlejunction.com/greetings/thanks/thank-you-bear.gif
Sincerely,
sano

Gulliver
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Gulliver »

I got Assassin's Creed 1 & 2 to quell the boredom while my boyfriend is away.

The first one is... okay. Not brilliant but good. I find myself hurrying along with the story because I get bored once I've finished all the eagle lookout point climby bits. I'm only in the third or fourth city (the starter one, Damascus, Jerusalem and now I'm in Acre) and I'm already finding it very formulaic. Also, I have no idea what the story is, other than that I'm trying to prove myself again, so there is zero dramatic tension.

Oddly, the running about on rooftops aspect of it kept making me press buttons as though I were playing Arkham City. Altair cannot grappling hook his way out of long falls.

Tropylium
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Tropylium »

Trying to beat Zelda III without the lamp (this requires some shenanigans) and the basement of Misery Mire is being huge pain in the ass. Not the least because I'm also playing a "Master Quest" romhack rather than the original, and also I don't have the Master Sword (more shenanigans right there)…
[ˌʔaɪsəˈpʰɻ̊ʷoʊpɪɫ ˈʔæɫkəɦɔɫ]

cybrxkhan
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by cybrxkhan »

So I decided to get Crusader Kings 2 and it's been pretty fun and hilarious for me. Right now I'm the black king of Ireland and doing... nuthin.

Jerian
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Jerian »

I have recently quit world of warcraft.

I am now into:
-Minecraft (attended Minecon last November!)
-TF2
-and I plan on buying SimCity when it comes out, and competing for population and such with a friend.
-have Skyrim, tried playing it, but don't like it much. Haven't made it too far yet, still trying to find the keep right at the very beginning, lol
"Man is least himself when he speaks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will reveal his true face" --Oscar Wilde

ná'oolkiłí
Lebom
Lebom

Post by ná'oolkiłí »

I've been playing Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time for the 3DS. I'm doing a Master Quest playthrough this time. I just finished Jabu-Jabu's belly and am a little weirded out that there were so many cows inside a huge whale in this version.

Ghostfishe
Sanci
Sanci

Post by Ghostfishe »

Finally decided to stop playing Lego Star Wars at 99.4% completion (getting the 4x/6x score feature is kinda pointless if you've already bought everything else). I thought this would be a great time to get started with RealMYST but it has decided not to play nice with my mouse and freezes horrendously, which leaves me with nothing new to play for the next... week, at least. :| I've no idea how it manages to not work on a computer designed for gaming, especially when I have plenty of other games, eg. Sims 2 or Portal 2, that work fine.
When I'm not dabbling in speculative science, creating game mods or writing fanfiction, I work as a web designer for www.mommatown.net.
Sites my team has made: www.vincentmartella.com, www.ipoglobalresearch.com, www.ipoboutique.com