What are you playing?

Discussions worth keeping around later.
Warmaster
Lebom
Lebom
Location: Somewhere far beyond your reality (Exeter, England)

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Warmaster »

Guild Wars 2 (and lots and lots of it!)
Don't worry Girls, Explosions fix everything!

He who is also known as Ben

Foolster41
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Foolster41 »

...and I'm done with Human revolution. God damn bosses are stupid, frustrating and not in the spirit of the rest of the game. Just.. Argh! (Even the makers of the main part of the game agree, the bosses were stupid. They were done by some other company... for some reason.)

I'm playing Hitman: Blood money a lot, trying to get good ratings (at least Professional but aiming for Silent Assassin) on expert difficulty. I've been also playing around with designing my own game (a side scrolling shooter, inspired by Contra for the NES and Sunset riders for the Sega Genesis). I've been playtesting it, so that counts, right? :P

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

DEHR is a game to play, not to beat. it is extremely fun, but the bosses are shit and it really gets crappy at the end. I mean, the ending, especially, is such a lame Deus ex Machina u_u

I'm currently playing 4X games... civ5gg&kk, endless space, i wanna download SoaSE, that kinda thing

Chuma
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Chuma »

I'm finally almost finished with Skyrim. Just a couple more things left to do.

And I've managed to install Supreme Commander on my mac. It's kind of nice, but also kind of messy.

And I'm sort of working on creating some sort of mix between Battle for Wesnoth and Magic the Gathering. Don't know if I'll get around to finishing it.

Gulliver
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Gulliver »

I just churned my way through Dawnguard, the Skyrim DLC and it was okay. Very much more of the same, which is what one expects from DLC, I suppose. My main character (Gulbasaur the Breton) had a go at being a Vampire Lord, which was somewhat underwhelming. He's built for being a sneak-attack mofo, but by level 45 he can more or less lay waste to anything anyway, sneakily or not. I like that vampires have glowing eyes though. That's cool.

I might start a new character and play through the Dawnguard side and see if that's more fun.

cybrxkhan
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by cybrxkhan »

Anybody here play Vicky II (and A House Divided)? I'm thinking of getting it (it's on sale at Impulse), and will be trying the demo as soon as I have some free time, but would you suggest it, particularly in comparison with Crusader Kings II and Europa Universalis III? The economic and political aspects of the game seem daunting to me, more so than the sim-like management of, say, Crusader Kings II, which is something I personally find more enjoyable anyways. Still, the era is a favorite historical period of mine, so I'm a little unsure right now.
I have a blog, unfortunately: http://imperialsenate.wordpress.com/
I think I think, therefore I think I am.

Lyra
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Lyra »

Minecraft... it's eating up my life...

~Lyra
"In the liver we trust."
From yonder, in the land of TWC.

brandrinn
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by brandrinn »

Lyra: ever make anything worth showing off? I recently started hollowing out a cave to make a goblin village. We should totally start a ZBB server.
[quote="Nortaneous"]Is South Africa better off now than it was a few decades ago?[/quote]

brandrinn
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by brandrinn »

Also, I am this minute downloading Faster Than Light!
Check it out, it was finally released today and it looks amazing!

Edit: Holy Damn! Choose the torrent option if you download it, though. I'm on a Faster-Than-God's-Own-Fist Korean internet connection, and the massive demand for this file is slowing the direct download to a crawl.
[quote="Nortaneous"]Is South Africa better off now than it was a few decades ago?[/quote]

Lyra
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Lyra »

brandrinn wrote:Lyra: ever make anything worth showing off? I recently started hollowing out a cave to make a goblin village. We should totally start a ZBB server.
Not yet, I'm still quite nooby. I also have yet to buy the official game, need to save up some cash.

~Lyra
"In the liver we trust."

brandrinn
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by brandrinn »

Lyra wrote:
brandrinn wrote:Lyra: ever make anything worth showing off? I recently started hollowing out a cave to make a goblin village. We should totally start a ZBB server.
Not yet, I'm still quite nooby. I also have yet to buy the official game, need to save up some cash.

~Lyra
It's. like, ten dollars. You could suck a cock and have change left.

Gulliver
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Gulliver »

I borrowed Fallout: New Vegas off my brother. I didn't play Fallout 3, but 1 and 2 were close to my heart for many years.

It's very... Fallouty, complete with the "travel for hours across locations that are trying to kill you and not really knowing where to go or how to go there". But, it's still pretty fun. It continues from Fallout 2 by having a pant-shittingly tedious and much too difficult bit right at the start and having towns filled with quest-givers somewhere. I'm enjoying it, but all of my Fallout Frustrations have come to life again.

Apparently the VATS targeting thing has been nerfed, which is annoying as I think it's fun. I'm also playing it on Very Easy because I don't find combat tremendously exciting and it's more fun when limbs fly off your enemies. I'm currently in that place with the dinosaur gift shop and apparently there's a companion person nearby, so I'm going to try and get him on my team. I spent ages trying to make a character I would bang, as is always the case with this sort of thing.

Salmoneus
Sanno
Sanno

Post by Salmoneus »

brandrinn wrote:
Lyra wrote:

~Lyra
Not acceptable.
Blog: [url]http://vacuouswastrel.wordpress.com/[/url]

But the river tripped on her by and by, lapping
as though her heart was brook: Why, why, why! Weh, O weh
I'se so silly to be flowing but I no canna stay!

Pthagnar
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Pthagnar »

Salmoneus wrote:
brandrinn wrote:
Lyra wrote:

~Lyra
Not acceptable.
quite right

it's 30 dollars. why are you going around propagating false price signals

Lyra
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Lyra »

brandrinn wrote:
Lyra wrote:

~Lyra
Thanks for sharing some of your work experience, but I got a credit card and bought it online a while ago.

~Lyra
"In the liver we trust."

din
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by din »

I'm playing Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. I'm not much of a gamer (I play like one game every 2 years), and I only found out about it because I heard about Assassin's Creed 3 when I updated my video card and saw an ad for it. I then discovered that my computer is not powerful enough to run it. So I bought the previous game :-/

I really like it so far.

Then, on Wednesday, I saw a PS3 + AC 3 for €299, and now I kinda want to buy it. But I really shouldn't. Besides, I have nowhere to put the thing.
— o noth sidiritt Tormiott

Jerian
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Jerian »

Tekkit (Minecraft) for the last couple of weeks.

I force myself to play on hardcore mode because I find survival anticlimatic. I start off okay, however as soon as I get any sort of decent assets, like a quarry, or mass fabricator, I die. It drives me crazy, but I persist anyways.

Also, TF2. Sniper, mostly.
"Man is least himself when he speaks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will reveal his true face" --Oscar Wilde

vampireshark
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by vampireshark »

Thread Necromancy, but why not.

Anyways, I've finally gotten around to the Mass Effect series (thanks to my mother giving me her old PS3 for Christmas). I've played through ME1 and I'm on 2 now; I prefer the gameplay and storyline in 2 so far (not to mention I daresay my Shepard in 2 looks a bit better). After I go through that, I'll go on to 3.

I'm tempted to also go through another run of the ME series as a Renegade; right now, I'm going through as a Paragon. Which is fun, yes, but being evil never hurt anyone... too much.
What do you see in the night?

In search of victims subjects to appear on banknotes. Inquire within.

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

I should give ME another playthrough, I think, but I wouldn't call the morality system a replay value feature. Its absurdly flat and meaningless for the most part... do you want to save the old lady or eat her liver? oh, jee, i dunno. Though in the later games it got a feel of impatient violence versus temperate patience, which hasn't anything to do with paragon/renegado but more like maniac on a murder spree / well composed guy on a murder spree.

Talking about murder sprees, I'm currently taking another stab at Skyrim: in the past I've played as an or rogue with a knack for alchemy and a warrior nord guy who did his own enchanting. I'm going for a pure wizard right now its pretty fun! some games can be installed and played years after you've beaten them and be pretty awesome.

Gulliver
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Gulliver »

Gulliver wrote:I borrowed Fallout: New Vegas off my brother. I didn't play Fallout 3, but 1 and 2 were close to my heart for many years.
Well, I finished it and all the DLC and it was awesome.

I've just started Fallout 3, and already it's not as good. It just doesn't feel... Fallouty enough. The desolation is kind of boring and the writing isn't as good, so far.

Hallow XIII
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Hallow XIII »

Borderlands 2.

'Nuff said.
陳第 wrote:蓋時有古今,地有南北;字有更革,音有轉移,亦勢所必至。
R.Rusanov wrote:seks istiyorum
sex want-PRS-1sg
Read all about my excellent conlangs
Basic Conlanging Advice

Herr Dunkel
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Herr Dunkel »

Modding for CK2 is fun. Cybrx thinks so too
sano wrote:
To my dearest Darkgamma,
http://www.dazzlejunction.com/greetings/thanks/thank-you-bear.gif
Sincerely,
sano

cybrxkhan
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by cybrxkhan »

More thread necromancy.

Started playing Morrowind again about a week ago. I'm blown away yet again at how wonderful the conworlding is. Perhaps even more so this time because now that I'm getting used to its alien landscape I can more comfortably analyze its influences, how everything works, etc.

And the theme song is awesome, too. It's still awesome after all these years, even though I discovered it years before I discovered TES.

Elector Dark wrote:Modding for CK2 is fun. Cybrx thinks so too
Oh, so you've visited the CKII forums too? And you remembered I was on here?

Herr Dunkel
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Herr Dunkel »

Huh. I thought you'd remember me better seeing as we're on the same modding team and all (Darkgamma bitchez)
sano wrote:
To my dearest Darkgamma,
http://www.dazzlejunction.com/greetings/thanks/thank-you-bear.gif
Sincerely,
sano

cybrxkhan
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by cybrxkhan »

Elector Dark wrote:Huh. I thought you'd remember me better seeing as we're on the same modding team and all (Darkgamma bitchez)
Oh, so you're that Darkgamma fellow. I really need to know all your internet aliases lest I accidentally stumble on you somewhere else.