What are you playing?

Discussions worth keeping around later.
Herr Dunkel
Smeric
Smeric

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Herr Dunkel »

Darkgamma/Elector Dark/Rostov-na-don/"Voldremort" amongst the assburger conlanging Swedes (tho I don't use it myself)

Edit: I've also used "Herr Dunkel" once, and signed myself with "Er Dessen Name Nicht Genannt Werden Darf" though.
sano wrote:
To my dearest Darkgamma,
http://www.dazzlejunction.com/greetings/thanks/thank-you-bear.gif
Sincerely,
sano

Hallow XIII
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Hallow XIII »

there exists a collection of assburger conlanging swedes

Also, why is your name here not Herr Dunkel?
陳第 wrote:蓋時有古今,地有南北;字有更革,音有轉移,亦勢所必至。
R.Rusanov wrote:seks istiyorum
sex want-PRS-1sg
Read all about my excellent conlangs
Basic Conlanging Advice

Herr Dunkel
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Herr Dunkel »

Yes, there does, but you're better off on my wiki :D

Well, IDK.
Actually, I'll change myself now.
sano wrote:
To my dearest Darkgamma,
http://www.dazzlejunction.com/greetings/thanks/thank-you-bear.gif
Sincerely,
sano

jmcd
Smeric
Smeric

Post by jmcd »

Following on from Rusanov's and Dunkel's posts on the Random thread:

I just started playing CK2 the other week. I seem to get on decently until suddenly my vassals don't like character. It might be because I gave him a shit tutor. I'll remember to look long enough for my own kids' school.

I also play too much. It'll probably end up deleted because of it, just like EU3 and V2. EU3 is my favourite so far though. That might be partly because I don't seem to have the extensions for CK2. I'm glad there's less economics to CK2 though because that's the most difficult part for me with the others. There are several games in EU3 where I managed to do reasonably well except for inflation in whatever multiple of ten (including conquering Iberia as Morocco and as Navarre). And my Germany game in V2 was invincible except for the fact that my factories kept closing down.

Foolster41
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Foolster41 »

I finally got dark souls to work on PC (damn GFWL wasn't letting me save). I haven't played it in a few days because I got way too frustrated. :P (Yes, I know, welcome to dark souls. :P. Damn you headless monster, I keep almost killing you, and then you one-hit shot me)

I've also been playing just cause 1 and Mass effect. Both are alright games, and pretty fun I guess. The first has some goofy glitches and somewhat repetitive game play (no real need for cover, just go in guns blazing) and the later's 3rd person combat is a bit clunky, though not as bad as I remember when I played it the first time a long time ago. (Also, I really liked the citadel section just talking to the quirky alien races and stuff)

I'm actually toying with a sandbox RP that I might host on CBB and link to here set in a sort of my-world version of the citadel (a walled-city state instead of a space station).

Akangka
Niš
Niš

Post by Akangka »

Live-A-Live

alynnidalar
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by alynnidalar »

I've recently started playing Morrowind! I've played Oblivion and Skyrim (and read more Elder Scrolls lore than is probably healthy... ask me about subgradient sometime if you want a sixteen hour monologue), but always figured Morrowind was "too old" for me. Yeah, well, with the help of the unofficial patches and a graphics mod with minimal changes (the Watercolored mod), I've discovered it's not too old at all.

This game is... good. Really, really good. I'm not going to pretend it's perfect, or that it could be released today with zero gameplay changes*, but it's really, really good. The world is just huge, and there's so many things to do and so many ways to do it in. It's true that 99% of the NPCs standing around say variations on the exact same things (or even exactly the same things), but the game still feels big and deep. The game could be accused of being a mile wide and an inch deep, except every once in while you fall in a hundred-foot hole.

It's also incredibly weird. The only normal animals I've encountered so far are rats and fish, and the fish are huge and deadly while the rats are... also huge and deadly. Most other animals are either weird giant reptiles or weird giant insects. There's swamps of giant mushrooms, forests of giant mushrooms, towns of giant mushrooms, volcanic wildernesses (no giant mushrooms there, though). The dwarves are actually steampunk atheist slaveowning elves who either accidentally or intentionally erased themselves from existence. There's two separate thieves guilds and two separate assassins guilds, because why not?? You can beat the entire game in under 3 and a half minutes if you abuse game mechanics enough. (you can do it in Oblivion too, but in Oblivion, it's about making the game think you're later in the main quest than you are, whereas in Morrowind, if you know where the final boss is, you can go fight him immediately if you want)

I'm kind of obsessed.

* most notably: you move slower than an arthritic turtle walking through a pan of molasses at low levels, your chance to hit is a diceroll so you can "miss" someone even when you literally swing a sword through their head, and I still have no clue how it calculates whether or not people can see you when you're sneaking. ALSO CLIFF RACERS, I HEAR THEIR SCREECHING IN MY NIGHTMARES.
I generally forget to say, so if it's relevant and I don't mention it--I'm from Southern Michigan and speak Inland North American English. Yes, I have the Northern Cities Vowel Shift; no, I don't have the cot-caught merger; and it is called pop.

rotting bones
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by rotting bones »

I've been looking into these recently: http://spaceengine.org/ http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/
If you hold a cat by the tail you learn things you cannot learn any other way. - Mark Twain

In reality, our greatest blessings come to us by way of madness, which indeed is a divine gift. - Socrates

alynnidalar
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by alynnidalar »

Now that I'm more-or-less done with Morrowind (I could/should finish the expansions, but I already spent 90 hours in this thing and need a break!), I've moved on to Oblivion. Doing a pacifist run. It's really weird.

First of all, it's surprising how many missions can actually be completed without killing anyone, if your sneak/pickpocket skills are high enough. A lot of Oblivion missions are actually about retrieving an item, rather than killing a specific enemy. (the difficult part, of course, is if the item you want to recover is being worn by the enemy...)

I've also discovered the obviously easy way to beat the game as a pacifist... go pick up a follower and buff them until they kill all your enemies for you. (my rules for "pacifism" is that I cannot personally cause a loss of hitpoints to anyone--no hitting them with weapons, no health-draining spells--but "encouraging" NPCs to attack them is fine) It feels kinda cheap, though, so I'm thinking about only doing it for quests that I literally can't complete without killing something. (e.g. some of the Fighter's Guild quests, I think I might be able to pull off this way) Traveling is really annoying due to the random woodland creatures you pick up that I can't kill (and my horse doesn't have enough health to risk fighting them, either), but luckily guards and stablehands at cities are more than happy to dispatch them for you.
I generally forget to say, so if it's relevant and I don't mention it--I'm from Southern Michigan and speak Inland North American English. Yes, I have the Northern Cities Vowel Shift; no, I don't have the cot-caught merger; and it is called pop.

Uruwi
Sanci
Sanci

Post by Uruwi »

Recently I haven't been playing, but rather working on a game, but here are some of my recent plays:
  1. I've played Wizard101 a lot until June of this year, but I stopped because it was cutting into time I could have used to develop x801.
  2. I've also played Minecraft as well, for far longer.
  3. And finally, a bit of Avelantis (playthrough here). I've especially been interested in scorerunning that, and the highest score I got was around 155 million (EDIT: 183 million! (EDIT 2: 264 million!)).