ZBB Census

Discussions worth keeping around later.

MIGUELbM
Sanci
Sanci

Re: ZBB Census

Post by MIGUELbM »

Are you ever going to use those denominations practically? The highest number I have ever mentioned has been Quintillion, and that was just thinking on what was after Quadrillion, and in turn, that was only to see what was after Trillion.
A centillion (in both scales) is even larger than Googol, and that's saying a lot considering that there aren't even Googol atoms in the universe.

Brel
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Brel »

Age (as of this posting): 26
Nationality: American
State/Province/Other Subdivision: originally Alaska, now Washington
Sexual Orientation: homosexual
Native Language: English
Secondary Languages: none
Languages I Want to Learn but Don't Have the Time: I don't care much about languages anymore. I spend most of my time learning history.
Religion: none
Politics: none
Shoe size: 7
Handedness: left
Who Would Win in a Fist Fight Between Michael Dorn and a Zombie Benjamin Whorf?: no idea

Didn't this use to have more interesting questions?
Io wrote:Seriously, do you take it as an obligation to be the sort of cunt you are?

patiku
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by patiku »

No.

My shoe size is 14W, anyone wanting to buy me some sneaks please make a note of it.

pharazon
Lebom
Lebom

Post by pharazon »

Torco, people talk about billions all the time, and sometimes trillions. Maybe it's just a thing of materialist America, since mainly these numbers appear in economychat, and sometimes when talking about population. A comparison. Admittedly I don't know what their corpus is like, maybe lots of science-type books are inflating the counts for 'billion' and 'trillion' [on the other hand, what proper science book actually spells them out?].

finlay
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by finlay »

Brel wrote:Age (as of this posting): 26
Nationality: American
State/Province/Other Subdivision: originally Alaska, now Washington
Sexual Orientation: homosexual
Native Language: English
Secondary Languages: none
Languages I Want to Learn but Don't Have the Time: I don't care much about languages anymore. I spend most of my time learning history.
Religion: none
Politics: none
Shoe size: 7
Handedness: left
Who Would Win in a Fist Fight Between Michael Dorn and a Zombie Benjamin Whorf?: no idea

Didn't this use to have more interesting questions?
Yeah, or at least its predecessors did. We used to have like a new one of these every year, but this one's stuck around for a bit longer now.

Ser
Smeric
Smeric
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia / Colombie Britannique, Canada

Post by Ser »

I wonder if the fact that the year wasn't added to the title of the thread has anything to do with it. It's been there since April 2011!