Torco's Guide to Get Chicks
[disclaimer: I'm not a chick magnet exactly, but I can generally get a girl I like to like me back and do boygirl stuff. also, I don't fulfill all these criteria, but they're still valid]
conform physically to the aesthetic canons of your culture. this generally means
- be physically fit
- preferrably with a low BMI
- plenty of mass on your skeletical muscular system, most particularly in your upper body
- dress in a manner that is coherent with the image of a healthy, successful male
conform behaviourally to the aesthetic canons of your culture. this generally means
- act in a manner that is consistent with a happy, functional, successful human being
- be confident
- make people around you feel good about themselves
maintain, fake and/or pursue a mental state of relative well being
- really, girls don't normally like depressed, hysteric or psychotic people.
- also, when you're clear-minded and moderately happy, you're going to be healthier, funnier, more intelligent, all of which are conducent to get girls to like you
understand the evolutionary psychology behind attraction
- really, this is a pretty functional mechanism; women really do seek characteristics that correlate to fitness; health, confidence, success, intelligence, empathy, blablabla. If you aren't at the top of the pecking order, making a chick feel like you are will maximize your chances.
understand the semiotics behind attraction
- every woman is different, as is every man, and every intersex and transex and asexual and of fuck it , everyone's different, but the constant is that we find different traits attractive: some of us find attractive faith, others hope, others coolness, others money. However, it is hard and ill-fated to try to present yourself to each chick you wanna bang as the kind of man that girl might want to bang, so, instead of that, know your audience and identify women with whom your particular strengths might resonate. However, in this, culture is your friend: preference is not homogeneously distributed; younger women have patterns of attraction that are different from that of older women, rich women have different sensibilities to poor women. soo yeah, if you're a buff guy, pursue chicks that like buff dudes, if you're a smart dude, you'll have extra trouble wooing chicks that are intellectually uncurious. if you're not confident, try and go for chicks that have a strong maternal instinct.
understand the psychology behind attraction
- women tend to like dudes that resemble, at some levels, their fathers: not in the big picture, but in the little things. this is more anecdotal, but in my experience, most chicks who have dug me are the daugthers of men with a sense of humour that is very similar to mine: as sense of humor, there might be other traits that follow this patterns, probably tone of voice or something.
Last edited by Torco on Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.