The coping thread

Discussions worth keeping around later.
Bob Johnson
Avisaru
Avisaru

Re: The coping thread

Post by Bob Johnson »

Torco wrote:how many people die from cat attacks?
level 0 commoners have 1 hit point
a cat's claw attack does 1-2 damage
therefore only heroes can survive owning cats

ol bofosh
Smeric
Smeric
Location: tʰæ.ɹʷˠə.ˈgɜʉ̯.nɜ kʰæ.tə.ˈlɜʉ̯.nʲɜ spɛ̝ɪ̯n ˈjʏː.ɹəʔp

Post by ol bofosh »

Bob Johnson wrote:therefore only heroes can survive owning cats
1s = hero

:mrgreen:
It was about time I changed this.

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

Bob Johnson wrote:
Torco wrote:how many people die from cat attacks?
level 0 commoners have 1 hit point
a cat's claw attack does 1-2 damage
therefore only heroes can survive owning cats
Okay, I'm convinced now :D

zompist
Boardlord
Boardlord

Post by zompist »

Eddystuff deleted-- didn't notice that it was here before.

Eddy's whining, and the collective effort to diagnose/help him, are out for several reasons: they never help; they only enable his continuing denial; and no one can solve his problem over the Internet anyway.

I can't control what people do off this site, but I can't imagine how trying to contact his family is going to end well. Eddy needs professional help, not pranks.

Vuvuzela
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Vuvuzela »

Sometimes I go out in my backyard (where there's not knives, pharmaceuticals, or particularly strong rope) and pace back and forth, oftentimes humming or quietly singing a sad songs.
That and endless amounts of escapism.

clawgrip
Smeric
Smeric

Post by clawgrip »

Having a beer or some other drink is nice. I don't mean getting really drunk, I just mean enjoying one drink in the evening. It may cause some physical stress, but it sure alleviates a bit of mental stress. I had a pirate beer last night:

finlay
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by finlay »

zompist wrote:Eddystuff deleted-- didn't notice that it was here before.

Eddy's whining, and the collective effort to diagnose/help him, are out for several reasons: they never help; they only enable his continuing denial; and no one can solve his problem over the Internet anyway.

I can't control what people do off this site, but I can't imagine how trying to contact his family is going to end well. Eddy needs professional help, not pranks.
Oh dear, is that shit still going on? I thought he'd calmed down recently.

I slightly agree on the beer front. It's probably not good for me, but there's a nice beer shop near me that sells imported "craft" beers from america and europe. There was one called "Fucking Hell" from germany, trying to riff off the town of Fucking in austria but ruining the effect with a little notice that said "gebraut in Deutschland"...

clawgrip
Smeric
Smeric

Post by clawgrip »

Those import ones are nice but they can get you in the wallet. That's why it's good to have just one. But domestic beer is not so bad anyway.

finlay
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by finlay »

I kept the bottle, in any case. Yeah, generally I'm quite satisfied by the beer here. It's decent quality and it's not all the same, and that's basically what I want. I've been drinking a lot of Asahi black.

clawgrip
Smeric
Smeric

Post by clawgrip »

I tried it once but it seemed too light. Since it's a dark beer I was expecting something a little heavier.

Jerian
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Jerian »

welp. Being hit by hurricanes of depression, family issues, etc... I obviously need a way to let it out.

I'm trying to remain physically healthy, so that means absolutely no smoking, alcohol, drugs, etc...

A few calm hobbies I like to pursue.

-piano, working on learning LoTR pieces, Requiem for a dream, and An End Once and For All (ME3) and others...
-conworlding and conlanging helps me let off steam
-steam games, like TF2

-for some reason, music doesn't really help. It just seems to twist my mind even tighter and stress me out for some reason.

I think the underlying reason for my depression is essentially fear I won't get into university.

So I'm moving half way across the country (from vancouver to ontario) into a really good boarding school, which will hopefully boost my confidence.
"Man is least himself when he speaks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will reveal his true face" --Oscar Wilde