The Exercise and Health thread

Discussions worth keeping around later.
Gulliver
Avisaru
Avisaru

Re: The Exercise and Health thread

Post by Gulliver »

I don't know what a Ronnie Coleman is, but I've decided I want a flat stomach at least once in my life. Reducing the amount of starchy food I eat has had the odd side effect of making my IBS more or less vanish, which is pretty nice.

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

an american bodybuilder who always looks like he's really mad

as can be seen, not tiny. you, also, not fat. that was me point.

----
Smeric
Smeric

Post by ---- »

I've always wondered how Ronnie Coleman and co. like, wear clothes. Can they actually wear suits and stuff without it fitting awkwardly because of their planet-sized muscles?

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

Cathbad
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Cathbad »

I do daily morning exercises for abs and stuff, and lift weights - really really light ones, but it does feel good, and I can take them anywhere. I also go hiking as many times as I possibly can, 1-2 times per week while I'm in Slovenia, and maybe once per fortnight in Scotland (although it's indefinitely more exhausting there). [This latter activity has been reduced to more or less zilch in Jordan, which might be part of what's making me so nervous to leave.]

As for food, I'm quite strict as to the amount of food I take in, and the number of meals I have in a day - not as much the type or size of portions, although I may skip dinner or brunch if I've eaten something big before and aren't feeling particularly hungry. I'm not averse to eating junk food every once in a while, but I prefer cooking myself at home. I don't regularly eat sweets or drink anything other than water or tea. I still think I have quite a lot of body fat, especially subcutaneous - my weight doesn't really show it, though (I vary between 58-62 kilograms at 173cm... do the math).

Mornche Geddick
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Mornche Geddick »

Since I got back from France I've been trying to do at least 50 mins cardio exercise (running or Zumba) 5 times a week. Curiously I haven't lost much weight but according to my scales 4% of my mass has shifted from being fat to being muscle.