[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
zompist bboard • View topic - The Contradictory Feelings Thread

zompist bboard

THIS IS AN ARCHIVE ONLY - see Ephemera
It is currently Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:47 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 934 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 38  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:54 am 
Sumerul
Sumerul

But the reality is that people do cheat in supposedly monogamous relationships. If I recall correctly, the overall rate for married couples being unfaithful is roughly 1 in 2, i.e. a certainly non-negligible rate.

And since when does one have to tell one's partner that one is getting an STD test?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:55 am 
Avisaru
Avisaru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:00 am 
Sumerul
Sumerul

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:06 am 
Avisaru
Avisaru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:36 am 
Sumerul
Sumerul

Well, no one is making you getting tested, and if one completely trusts one's partner, has reason to do so, and knows that one has not been carrying anything from before one's current relationship (e.g. one had no previous partners or one got tested after one's last previous partner past the time period it takes for HIV to appear on tests), it could be argued that forgoing the testing might not be that bad of an idea.

The key part here is that this does require one's partner to be completely faithful, which still is not a given, and not something one can necessarily know. Also, if one has not been tested since one's previous partner it would probably still be a good idea to get tested, at least one time past the window it would take for HIV to appear on tests.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:44 am 
Avisaru
Avisaru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:45 pm 
Smeric
Smeric

I love how getting an STD test is a bad thing that bad people do, instead of a responsible action that is characteristic of a careful and sensible person. Imagine that in any other field of medical treatment:

- if you don't really have any history of smoking maybe try putting those thoughts behind you, rather than succumbing to the temptation of getting tested for lung cancer.

- if you don't really have any lumps in your boobs maybe try putting those thoughts behind you, rather than succumbing to the temptation and slyly going to some stranger's office and having them fondle and defy you, weakening your husband's trust in you.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:53 pm 
Avisaru
Avisaru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:24 pm 
Avisaru
Avisaru

I too get tested regularly to see if I have AIDS. Of course I am still a virgin, but you never know, many people catch AIDS everyday, what if I'm one of them??? What do you mean "not at risk"???

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:42 pm 
Smeric
Smeric

OMG AN ACTUAL CONPOST WTFBBQ

Formerly known as Drydic.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:43 pm 
Smeric
Smeric

True; even if you're a virgin you could've gotten it maternally.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:46 pm 
Avisaru
Avisaru

i dunno. legion strikes me as being the kind of person who wouldn't even sit on a public toilet seat, but would just hover and get shit and piss everywhere.

you know,

a frenchman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:53 pm 
Avisaru
Avisaru

i am led to understand the above is SOP in hong kong

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:16 pm 
Avisaru
Avisaru

Earlier this afternoon, my wife told me that while she still liked me, she no longer loved me or felt any romantic or sexual attraction towards me. Though this was initially a bit of a shock, thinking about it, it wasn't really surprising. We have been having conversations for the past month about how we've both changed, that the fourteen months spent living with my mother had led us to drift apart and so on.

After a while I started to feel more relaxed and happier, as if I had been unhappy and stressed for months without realising it. Obviously it's sad that things took the turn that they did throughout our marriage (illness, financial difficulties, loss of various forms of attraction), but I feel no sadness, anger or hatred towards our splitting up.

I suppose the odd thing, really, is that we're planning on still living in the same flat (but sleeping in different bedrooms), contributing equally to bills and our overdrafts, etc. We have 3 pets, the same friends, neither of us can afford to support ourselves on our own and moving for her would involve several trips back down south.

Overall it was a fairly easy process and we're both happy with our decisions. Whether it being so easy is a good thing or not, and whether our planned living situation works out or not... we'll see.

That they all still believe in you.
Just one time.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:47 pm 
Avisaru
Avisaru

may i suggest you treat this living situation as being very temporary and transitional and that you begin immediately to bend your efforts towards finding a way to move out

i don't have all the experience in the world and i have not been married but i say this as someone who tried living with an ex from a relationship of some years and it was not a happy situation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:58 pm 
Smeric
Smeric

yeah, i second that. tough break, man.
also, it won't be so easy. the mourning and problems and stuff will come eventually. these things don't end painlessly.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:09 am 
Smeric
Smeric

I respectfully "meh" on the above advice - if the time comes that Sangi needs to find a way to move out, then he will surely do so.

There's all sorts of baggage that's expected to go along with exes and "breakups", but it doesn't always. I continued living with my ex for most of a year after we were through and were friends for a few years beyond that; it went well enough. And not because we were mature sane rational adults or some such - we were none of those - but, IMO, because the relationship did not end with hard feelings or a "breakup" but by gradual attenuation into something more platonic.

So it can work out.

Sangi, I wish you well.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:05 am 
Smeric
Smeric

Location: tʰæ.ɹʷˠə.ˈgɜʉ̯.nɜ kʰæ.tə.ˈlɜʉ̯.nʲɜ spɛ̝ɪ̯n ˈjʏː.ɹəʔp
Last year I had a couple of weeks drinking coffee daily but I started to get sick of it after a while. Best keep it as a treat for a couple of times a week. I couldn't do without PG Tips/Tetley though (thank God for tourists and expats, without which there'd be no demand and thus no supply).

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:29 am 
Sanno
Sanno

But the river tripped on her by and by, lapping
as though her heart was brook: Why, why, why! Weh, O weh
I'se so silly to be flowing but I no canna stay!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:23 pm 
Avisaru
Avisaru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:06 am 
Sumerul
Sumerul

Heavy snow is falling in Jerusalem, but none of it where I live. This is good because it means I'm not freezing, but it's bad because I want some.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:49 am 
Sumerul
Sumerul

Well, I guess that's solved. The view from my window:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:55 am 
Sumerul
Sumerul

how is there snow in jerusalem? i thought it was like, a desert.

it's quite warm in tokyo today actually.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:21 am 
Sumerul
Sumerul

It's high up, and it's the first high place west of the Mediterranean.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:23 am 
Sumerul
Sumerul

...east? :P

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 934 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 38  Next