Venting thread that still excludes eddy (2)

Discussions worth keeping around later.
Ryusenshi
Lebom
Lebom

Re: Venting thread

Post by Ryusenshi »

Île-de-France has been covered in snow for two days. As a result, all buses have been canceled. Unfortunately, I rely on them to go to work... I had to leave home at 5AM to get to my high school on time. And only six students came.

Aaand it looks like I will have to do the same tomorrow morning.

alynnidalar
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by alynnidalar »

They don't cancel school under those conditions? If no one can get to the school, it seems rather pointless to hold classes.
I generally forget to say, so if it's relevant and I don't mention it--I'm from Southern Michigan and speak Inland North American English. Yes, I have the Northern Cities Vowel Shift; no, I don't have the cot-caught merger; and it is called pop.

mèþru
Smeric
Smeric

Post by mèþru »

The past several weeks:

Me: Checks news
News: Terror attacks and a missile attack from a foreign power in your homeland, your grandfather is at the age that he could die unexpectedly at any moment and you might not be able to see him again before he does, the genocides in Darfur and Chechnya are still going on, Republicans are going to replace parts of the American Disabilities Act (which I depend on), and Bibi is turning your country into something you hate.
Me: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old stuff: Don't forget the anxiety and depression!
Me: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ìtsanso, God In The Mountain, may our names inspire the deepest feelings of fear in urkos and all his ilk, for we have saved another man from his lies! I welcome back to the feast hall kal, who will never gamble again! May the eleven gods bless him!
kårroť

mèþru
Smeric
Smeric

Post by mèþru »

I am in a public school now and I'm one unexpected sound away from a panic. I feel like I would be safer with my family in Israel, where they have missile attacks and stabbings every year.
ìtsanso, God In The Mountain, may our names inspire the deepest feelings of fear in urkos and all his ilk, for we have saved another man from his lies! I welcome back to the feast hall kal, who will never gamble again! May the eleven gods bless him!
kårroť

mèþru
Smeric
Smeric

Post by mèþru »

A person I thought of as one of my closest friends told me last year that I caused her to become suicidal. Today, something reminded me of that and I cannot stop dwelling on it. I can't focus.
kårroť

Nortaneous
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Nortaneous »

love too have non-24hr sleep disorder and also work a job that takes up over half of every work day!!!!!

despite this, i somehow consume less caffeine than most of the people i work with

ban all stimulants 2018 (but don't *actually* ban them, just make them illegal enough that they can only be used recreationally)
Siöö jandeng raiglin zåbei tandiüłåd;
nää džunnfin kukuch vklaivei sivei tåd.
Chei. Chei. Chei. Chei. Chei. Chei. Chei.

malloc
Lebom
Lebom

Post by malloc »

Well, my car is wrecked beyond repair, leaving me with no means of getting to work and no idea how to afford a new vehicle. The best possible case scenario is bankrupting myself and sinking thousands of dollars into debt getting a car loan.

linguoboy
Sanno
Sanno

Post by linguoboy »

malloc wrote:Well, my car is wrecked beyond repair, leaving me with no means of getting to work and no idea how to afford a new vehicle.
You weren't insured?

malloc
Lebom
Lebom

Post by malloc »

linguoboy wrote:
malloc wrote:Well, my car is wrecked beyond repair, leaving me with no means of getting to work and no idea how to afford a new vehicle.
You weren't insured?
I have insurance, but the policy won't give me enough to buy a new car because my current vehicle has little value in the first place. Even with whatever they give me for that, I still need thousands more for another car.

(This, by the way, is one reason why I find Zompist's "luxury economy" so unsatisfying. Right now there are millions of people like me who can't even afford basic necessities, let alone luxuries. It really stings me to consider my best hope for the future is slaving away in continued poverty so rich people have enjoy ever more pointless luxuries.)

Vijay
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Vijay »

In a situation like that, is it possible to get a friend, neighbor, or family member to help you get to work?

alice
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by alice »

The (expletive)-ing (expletive)s at the (expletive)-ing DWP think I'm no longer too (expletive)-ing ill to (expletive)-ing do my job and have (expletive)-ing stopped my ESA. My total income is now zero.
Zompist's Markov generator wrote:it was labelled" orange marmalade," but that is unutterably hideous.

Vijay
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Vijay »

ESA?

mèþru
Smeric
Smeric

Post by mèþru »

kårroť

Vijay
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Vijay »

Thanks! :)

Travis B.
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Travis B. »

I think I had a fever last night to this morning, with how I was constantly either shivering or feeling hot. It might be a very mild flu, attenuated by that I did get my flu shot last fall. Now I'm no longer shivering, but I just feel off and have the occasional dry cough, which is an improvement of sorts.
Dibotahamdn duthma jallni agaynni ra hgitn lakrhmi.
Amuhawr jalla vowa vta hlakrhi hdm duthmi xaja.
Irdro. Irdro. Irdro. Irdro. Irdro. Irdro. Irdro.

Risla
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Risla »

mèþru wrote:A person I thought of as one of my closest friends told me last year that I caused her to become suicidal. Today, something reminded me of that and I cannot stop dwelling on it. I can't focus.
I hope you know that you probably weren't actually the cause. If you'd behaved the same way (however it was) with someone else, it almost certainly wouldn't have had the same effect. Honestly, depressed people can be super toxic and it probably wasn't right for her to blame you for it regardless of whether she thinks it's the case.

masako
Smeric
Smeric

Post by masako »

My supervisor is a bit of an ass.

He seems to think of himself as a consummate leader, but he uses the word "irregardless" without irony, and has expressed on numerous occasions his complete lack of trust in any of his subordinates.

So, he sent us a link yesterday and gave us six days to answer the questions. I'm almost certain he neither understands the point of the questions or that the answers aren't meant to be in essay form.

The silliness drips from the email.

jmcd
Smeric
Smeric

Post by jmcd »

I think he's missing some context to those questions.

Does he also send his wife an email containing a link to "25 lovely phrases to tell your wife"?

masako
Smeric
Smeric

Post by masako »

jmcd wrote:Does he also send his wife an email containing a link to "25 lovely phrases to tell your wife"?
I would not be too surprised if he in fact does.

malloc
Lebom
Lebom

Post by malloc »

So, I accidentally left my W2 and other stuff related to taxes in my rental car before returning it, and the car has already been rented out to someone else. What are my options if the people who rented it steal my identity?

KathTheDragon
Smeric
Smeric

Post by KathTheDragon »

Have you contacted the rental company? They may well have cleared the car out first, and if they do, they probably have your stuff. If not, they can at least contact the people who now have the car.

malloc
Lebom
Lebom

Post by malloc »

They said the office is closed now so I will have to call again later. Which means that whoever rented the car after me will have plenty of opportunity to steal my identity. Needless to say, I don't have the time or money to take something like this to court or establish a new identity. So whoever has the car now basically holds the power of life and death over me.

KathTheDragon
Smeric
Smeric

Post by KathTheDragon »

I don't think most people are in the business of stealing your identity. Even if they did discover your documents, I think it's more likely that they have either done nothing, are attempting to return them to you, or have alerted the company.

alynnidalar
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by alynnidalar »

It's much more likely the rental company has them, anyway. They clean out cars between renting them, so unless the papers were somewhere they might not have looked, they likely found them.
I generally forget to say, so if it's relevant and I don't mention it--I'm from Southern Michigan and speak Inland North American English. Yes, I have the Northern Cities Vowel Shift; no, I don't have the cot-caught merger; and it is called pop.

malloc
Lebom
Lebom

Post by malloc »

I talked to the car rental place and they said the car was rented out again without bothering to clean it out beforehand. So whoever rented it after me has my W2 and thus the opportunity to steal my identity.